Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Mapping Your Google Play Games ID to your Swarm User Name

  1. #1
    Senior Member jaredmorgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    137

    Default Mapping Your Google Play Games ID to your Swarm User Name

    Hi everyone.

    With the move over to Google Play Games for leaderboards and achievements, I'm finding that the Swarm users I was competing against bear no resemblance whatsoever to the Google+ ID of the "real people" behind the user names.

    If Zen Pinball Google Play Gamers added their Swarm ID to their nickname field in G+, this would show up in Leaderboards clearly.

    So in an attempt to marry the two together, I have created this thread.

    My user name in Swarm was "jaredmorgs"
    My user name in Google Play Games is "Jared Morgan"
    My public profile is https://plus.google.com/+JaredMorgan_jaredmorgs

    How to display your user name in your Google+ user name (everywhere your G+ ID is used).
    1. Click your Avatar (top right of G+ web).
    2. Click "Account".
    3. Click your name (below your avatar image)
    4. Click "Additional Details"
    5. Add your swarm ID to the nickname field
    6. Select the "nickname" display pattern from the list. See the NOTE below.
    7. Save and close.


    NOTE
    Some experimentation with the format might be necessary. For example John "nickname" Citizen might display better in the small column space Zen offers than John Citizen (nickname)

    As the list of players grows, you can all start adding players to a circle in Google Plus. I created a Zen Pinball HD circle to facilitate this, but I might just change this to Google Play Gamers to widen the reach.
    Last edited by jaredmorgs; 07-09-2014 at 10:44 PM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member PinPipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Done.

    You should find PinPipe at G+ now.
    Or to make it easy: add Kai Pfeifenroth.

    I'll be seeing you

  3. #3
    Senior Member jaredmorgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinPipe View Post
    Done.

    You should find PinPipe at G+ now.
    Or to make it easy: add Kai Pfeifenroth.

    I'll be seeing you
    Pleased to meet you Kai!
    I searched on pinpipe and your profile came up no worries.
    Last edited by jaredmorgs; 07-09-2014 at 09:53 AM.

  4. #4

    Default

    Hi all -i used to be flashingblade on swarm,am Martin Rusby on google

    PS -unable to find "personal info" when i go into setting on my google+
    Last edited by flashingblade; 07-09-2014 at 12:44 PM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member Crazy Bonus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Crystal Beach, Ont.
    Posts
    130

    Default

    On Google Play I use my real name Jim O'Brien, starting to play more frequent on Android love the weekly leaderboards and wish Steam would use the same format.

    On Steam I am CrazyBonus.
    Bonus multiplier goes nuts on drains

  6. #6
    Junior Member PinPipe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Hey, Jim

    Which Jim O'Brien are you?
    The list on Google Play seems to be endless.
    Tried some, but haven't found one playing Zen so far.

    Edit:
    Forget all above.
    You already got me.
    Last edited by PinPipe; 07-09-2014 at 04:39 PM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member jaredmorgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Probably a link to your Google Plus profile could help. I'll add that to the OP.

  8. #8
    Senior Member jaredmorgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaredmorgs View Post
    Hi everyone.

    With the move over to Google Play Games for leaderboards and achievements, I'm finding that the Swarm users I was competing against bear no resemblance whatsoever to the Google+ ID of the "real people" behind the user names.

    If Zen Pinball Google Play Gamers added their Swarm ID to their nickname field in G+, this would show up in Leaderboards clearly.

    So in an attempt to marry the two together, I have created this thread.

    My user name in Swarm was "jaredmorgs"
    My user name in Google Play Games is "Jared Morgan"
    My public profile is https://plus.google.com/+JaredMorgan_jaredmorgs

    How to display your user name in your Google+ user name (everywhere your G+ ID is used).
    1. Click your Avatar (top right of G+ web).
    2. Click "Account".
    3. Click your name (below your avatar image)
    4. Click "Additional Details"
    5. Add your swarm ID to the nickname field
    6. Select the "nickname" display pattern from the list. See the NOTE below.
    7. Save and close.


    NOTE
    Some experimentation with the format might be necessary. For example John "nickname" Citizen might display better in the small column space Zen offers than John Citizen (nickname)

    As the list of players grows, you can all start adding players to a circle in Google Plus. I created a Zen Pinball HD circle to facilitate this, but I might just change this to Google Play Gamers to widen the reach.
    Updated this post with instructions for displaying your user name *in* your G+ ID on the leaderboards.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Crazy Bonus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Crystal Beach, Ont.
    Posts
    130

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinPipe View Post
    Hey, Jim

    Which Jim O'Brien are you?
    The list on Google Play seems to be endless.
    Tried some, but haven't found one playing Zen so far.

    Edit:
    Forget all above.
    You already got me.
    I was going to say the one that looks pissed off driving a car. Lol
    Bonus multiplier goes nuts on drains

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    2

    Post

    I would like to chime in on this topic.

    - Two days ago, Google lifted their real name requirements (Source link here)
    - You can now change your G+ profile names to whatever you like, as long as:

    • It has a first and last name. (you can put a "." period for last name or any standard ASCII character)
    • It cannot be a name of an established individual. (Impersonation)
    • It cannot make use of vulgar/explicit names.

    (Source link here for the policies above)

    Also you will have to wait up to 3 months to change your G+ name IF you recently created a G+ profile OR recently changed your G+ name. If you've had a G+ account for more than 3 months and you haven't changed your profile name within that time, you can change it right now to whatever you like keeping the soft restrictions above in mind.

    To add/amend to OP, the steps have changed a bit. (at least for me) That is, if you still want to append a nickname to your real name instead of changing your profile name completely:

    How to display your user name in your Google+ user name (everywhere your G+ ID is used). *NEW*
    1. Click your Avatar. (top right of G+ web OR Google Search while logged in)
    2. Click "Account".
    3. Click "Edit Profile". (below your name and avatar image)
    4. Click your name. (below your avatar image)
    5. Click "+More Options".
    6. Add your swarm ID to the Nickname field.
    7. Select the "Display my name as" display pattern from the list. See the NOTE below.
    8. Save and close.


    Quote Originally Posted by jaredmorgs View Post
    Hi everyone.

    With the move over to Google Play Games for leaderboards and achievements, I'm finding that the Swarm users I was competing against bear no resemblance whatsoever to the Google+ ID of the "real people" behind the user names.

    If Zen Pinball Google Play Gamers added their Swarm ID to their nickname field in G+, this would show up in Leaderboards clearly.

    So in an attempt to marry the two together, I have created this thread.

    My user name in Swarm was "jaredmorgs"
    My user name in Google Play Games is "Jared Morgan"
    My public profile is https://plus.google.com/+JaredMorgan_jaredmorgs

    How to display your user name in your Google+ user name (everywhere your G+ ID is used).
    1. Click your Avatar. (top right of G+ web)
    2. Click "Account".
    3. Click your name. (below your avatar image)
    4. Click "Additional Details".
    5. Add your swarm ID to the nickname field.
    6. Select the "nickname" display pattern from the list. See the NOTE below.
    7. Save and close.


    NOTE
    Some experimentation with the format might be necessary. For example John "nickname" Citizen might display better in the small column space Zen offers than John Citizen (nickname)

    As the list of players grows, you can all start adding players to a circle in Google Plus. I created a Zen Pinball HD circle to facilitate this, but I might just change this to Google Play Gamers to widen the reach.
    Last edited by WOrLdWAr2; 07-17-2014 at 08:29 AM.

  11. #11
    Senior Member jaredmorgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WOrLdWAr2 View Post
    I would like to chime in on this topic.

    - Two days ago, Google lifted their real name requirements (Source link here)
    - You can now change your G+ profile names to whatever you like, as long as:

    • It has a first and last name. (you can put a "." period for last name or any standard ASCII character)
    • It cannot be a name of an established individual. (Impersonation)
    • It cannot make use of vulgar/explicit names.

    (Source link here for the policies above)

    Also you will have to wait up to 3 months to change your G+ name IF you recently created a G+ profile OR recently changed your G+ name. If you've had a G+ account for more than 3 months and you haven't changed your profile name within that time, you can change it right now to whatever you like keeping the soft restrictions above in mind.

    To add/amend to OP, the steps have changed a bit. (at least for me) That is, if you still want to append a nickname to your real name instead of changing your profile name completely:
    Yep this is now possible.

    This will be great if your only reason for having a G+ account is for gaming and YouTube, and you're not an existing user.

    Personally, I'd be wary of adding "l33t b@113rz" (for example) to any G+ circle (and thus GPG) unless they have some sort of public post history/profile I can use to learn more about them.

    If you are going to do this, please take the time to fill in your profile. At least a bit.

  12. #12

    Default

    Interesting! Thanks for posting this - I didn't realize Google changed requirements.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hey everyone, I'm, new to tjhe game and forum. I am absolutely addicted (sadly im not very good at it!)

    anyway search google+ for punkologist and add me

    https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DanielM...kologist/posts

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by punkologist View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm, new to tjhe game and forum. I am absolutely addicted (sadly im not very good at it!)

    anyway search google+ for punkologist and add me

    https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DanielM...kologist/posts
    Welcome to the forum!

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by punkologist View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm, new to tjhe game and forum. I am absolutely addicted (sadly im not very good at it!)

    anyway search google+ for punkologist and add me

    https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DanielM...kologist/posts
    Added you Daniel.Good luck and i'm sure you'll get better!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •