• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Pinball FX2 on Xbox One FAQ

Pinball FX2 on Xbox One FAQ – Updated 11/14

November 14th: Imports are now functional for the Street Fighter II table!

October 22nd: We've received confirmation from Microsoft that The Walking Dead imports from Xbox 360 to Xbox One should now be functional! Let us know if you have any trouble.

October 15th: South Park Pinball can be imported from Xbox 360 to Xbox One at launch! The tables are now live on 360 and will go live on Xbox One tomorrow, October 16th. If you have issues, check the suggestions on the top of this FAQ thread first, and let me know if you continue to have trouble importing.

A patch to fix the leaderboards will also be included in tomorrow's Xbox One update, again, let me know if there are still issues after you've installed the update.

The Walking Dead imports should be functional soon, I will update this post when I have confirmation that it works.

October 8th: Update regarding Pinball FX2 on Xbox One:

We have some excellent news for you all today! Microsoft has found a solution to the import issues with the Original Marvel Pinball pack, Earth Defense, and Excalibur, and the fix is now being rolled out. We thank you for all your patience and support during these last few weeks. If you have issues importing these tables, please go to ‘Manage Game' on your Xbox One, scroll to the right, and you should see content listed as ‘Ready for install' or you can find the content listed in-game or on the store and they should be listed for free if you already purchased them for Xbox 360. Please note that this may take some time to roll out to all regions. Let us know if you have any questions!

[September 11th: We have just received confirmation from Microsoft that the Marvel Pinball pack, Earth Defense, and Excalibur tables have been released on Xbox One. If you are unable to import these tables from 360 to Xbox One, please let us know after you have tried the suggestions for importing below, as we do not want players to purchase the same tables twice. We appreciate your patience while we work with Microsoft to get imports functioning for all tables in Pinball FX2.

September 5th:
    We have received an update from Microsoft and while there is no ETA just yet on issues with imports (both with launch day tables and The Walking Dead), resolving this issue is of paramount importance for both Microsoft and Zen Studios. This is due to numerous technical complications that unfortunately fall out of our hands here at Zen, but we sincerely apologize and will find a way to make it right in the future. Thank you so much for all of your support and patience.

We thank everyone for their patience as we resolve a few issues with the release. Being the first backwards compatible game on Xbox One, we are working hard to get the game working properly in the retail environment. We hope to resolve all the bugs ASAP and ensure a great game for everyone.

Pinball FX2 IS NOW AVAILABLE on Xbox One!
    Can I import my existing Xbox 360 tables to Xbox One? YES! Details on the import process are further down the FAQ.

What tables are available on Xbox One?

• Deadpool
    • Star Wars Pinball: Heroes Within: Episode IV A New Hope, Han Solo, Droids, Masters of the Force
    • Star Wars Pinball: Balance of the Force: Episode VI Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Darth Vader
    • Star Wars Pinball Original pack: Episode V, Boba Fett, The Clone Wars
    • Doctor Strange
    • Zen Classics: Shaman, El Dorado, Tesla and V12
    • Pinball FX2 Core pack: Biolab, Pasha, Rome, Secrets of the Deep
    • Marvel Civil War
    • Marvel Pinball pack: Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, and Blade
    • Marvel Pinball Avengers Chronicles: World War Hulk, Infinity Gauntlet, The Avengers, and Fear Itself
    • Marvel Pinball Vengeance and Virtue: Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Thor, and X-Men
    • Epic Quest
    • Paranormal
    • Sorcerer’s Lair
    • Captain America
    • Fantastic Four
    • Mars
    • Earth Defense
    • Excalibur
    • The Walking Dead
    • South Park pack

HOW TO IMPORT YOUR XBOX 360 PURCHASES
    - Make sure you are signed in and using the account that purchased content on Xbox 360
    - Select the content you wish to download, and click the “Buy / Import Table” option
    - If you are eligible for the free import, you will be asked to complete a transaction for $0.00
    - The content will automatically be placed in your game queue, download, and install
    - ***Please be patient with the system, it may take a few minutes for content to queue
    - ***If after 10 minutes the content does not queue, complete the following steps
    o Pinball FX2 >My Games & Apps >Select Pinball FX2> Push the Menu Button >Select ‘Manage Game’ >Scroll to the far right and you will see a list of items under ‘Ready to Install.’ You can select all, and these will install to Pinball FX2

Please note, table transfers work ONLY from Xbox 360 > Xbox One.

How much does Pinball FX2 cost?
    The Pinball FX2 platform is free for all players to download. In-game purchases range from $2.49 to $9.99.

Are there any free tables with this version of Pinball FX2?
    Yes, one of our fan favorites, Sorcerer’s Lair, is totally free for all players who download the game.

Can I try the tables before I decide to buy?
    At this time there are no demos for the tables.

Are there any special features/enhancements?
    -1080p resolution at 60 frames per second
    -New achievements
    -New menu interface
    -Table imports from Xbox 360 to Xbox One

What about achievements?

Sorcerer's Lair (the free table that is included) has 10 achievements worth a total 1000 gamerscore. The rest of the tables have 1 achievement (10 GS each), except for the Deadpool table which has 2 achievements (also 10 GS each).

What about Plants vs. Zombies and Street Fighter II?
    We are working on bringing these tables to Xbox One.

What about the original Pinball FX Collection, Nightmare Mansion, Buccaneer and Rocky & Bullwinkle?
    These are not coming to Xbox One. These were built in old tech, and cannot make the next gen jump.

What about Ms. Splosion Man?
    This table is not planned to release on Xbox One.

As always, we really want to hear your feedback, please let us know if you have any questions! We will update this FAQ as needed with questions you may have.
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 07-31-2015, 04:02 PM.
  • Alipan
    • Jun 2011

My questions would be:

- What is a Worldwide Tournament? How is this enhanced from Xbox 360?

- Is there anything similar to the PS4 Pro-Score system?

thanks

Comment

• Nod Nolan
      • Sep 2010

Utterly gutted, I simply cannot afford to buy all the tables again....

Comment

• OSPerry
        • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Nod Nolan
        Utterly gutted, I simply cannot afford to buy all the tables again....
        Ditto.

Sadly disappointed. Reading between the lines... Thank you MS for screwing your customer once again.

Really thinking XB1 over PS4 was a big mistake, this go round.

Comment

• this is a ripoff
          • Jul 2014

nope

I registered just to tell you people at Zen studios that I am not a mindless consumer like a majority of your fanbase and I will be boycotting this game. I owned all the tables on the 360 version and for you to turn around and say that we must re purchase these games is ludicrous. sorry, but this is a joke. every corporation these days is so f'n greedy. all you want is money. im not buying the same thing twice. this is a joke. i hope no one pays for your s*******

Comment

• Thefly0810
            • Aug 2012

I don't own an XBOX One, but I do like the new interface though, with the Marvel, Star Wars, and Zen tables placed in their own sections.

Comment

• Ashecorvus
              • Jul 2014

Can't support this.

Well so much for that. I don't have the money to buy all the tables again and not sure if I would out of principal. There have been other games that have had season passes that worked on 360 and Xone. Such a slap to the fan base, especially after the PS4 allowing old tables. Even a discounted rate would have shown some compassion.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by this is a ripoff
                I registered just to tell you people at Zen studios that I am not a mindless consumer like a majority of your fanbase and I will be boycotting this game. I owned all the tables on the 360 version and for you to turn around and say that we must re purchase these games is ludicrous. sorry, but this is a joke. every corporation these days is so f'n greedy. all you want is money. im not buying the same thing twice. this is a joke. i hope no one pays for your s*******
                No need to call our fans names, but I do understand why you're upset. We are too. We definitely do not want people to have to repurchase the same content. All feedback will be sent to Microsoft and we will be working on making this right.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Ashecorvus
                  Well so much for that. I don't have the money to buy all the tables again and not sure if I would out of principal. There have been other games that have had season passes that worked on 360 and Xone. Such a slap to the fan base, especially after the PS4 allowing old tables. Even a discounted rate would have shown some compassion.
                  I don't blame you. Unfortunately this wasn't even an option made available to us on Xbox One like it is on Sony platforms.

Comment

• Thefly0810
                    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by this is a ripoff
                    This is on MS, not Zen. Barbie has stated repeatedly on the FB page that they will take all of these complaints to MS and try to make it right. Zen does not want to make you pay again for something you have already purchased. It's Microsoft's policy and Zen wants to do it's best to fix it. Everyone needs to start complaining to MS.

Comment

• Ashecorvus
                      • Jul 2014

Originally posted by OSPerry
                      Ditto.

Sadly disappointed. Reading between the lines... Thank you MS for screwing your customer once again.

Really thinking XB1 over PS4 was a big mistake, this go round.
                      It may or may not have been. As I pointed out in my previous post, there were several games that allowed the season pass to work on both 360 and Xone. One of those games was COD:Ghosts, and we all know how Activision loves their money. So I'm not 100% convinced it was MS's fault.

Edit:Just saw some of the Zen replies. Hope they figure this out with MS. If they can't an all inclusive package for all their tables except for Deadpool at a discounted price would be nice.
                      Last edited by Ashecorvus; 07-16-2014, 03:14 PM.

Comment

• zebwinz
                        • Jul 2014

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                        No need to call our fans names, but I do understand why you're upset. We are too. We definitely do not want people to have to repurchase the same content. All feedback will be sent to Microsoft and we will be working on making this right.
                        If Zen Studios knew this was going to be an issue and knew people were going to be upset with it, then why release the game this month? Especially if you say that Zen will be working on making it right?

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                          Pinball Wizard
                          • Feb 2012

Originally posted by zebwinz
                          If Zen Studios knew this was going to be an issue and knew people were going to be upset with it, then why release the game this month? Especially if you say that Zen will be working on making it right?
                          I think a big part of it is that MS did not expect this kind of reaction from fans. We knew people wouldn't be happy about it (because we pay very close attention to what is important to you guys and what features you'd like to see). I think now that they are getting lots of negative reactions, they feel inclined to change. We're pushing them to make imports a feature available to us, fingers crossed that we can get them to do this quickly.

Comment

• eboy71
                            • Jul 2014

Wow...

As a person who has purchased most of the tables on the 360, I'm surprised & disappointed that I would need to re-purchase all of them at full price if I want to play them on XBox One. Which I really, really do, by the way.

Note that I wasn't expecting the upgrade to be free - I respect that there are real costs involved in creating a new platform, and also that there may be license fees owed to Marvel, Disney, etc. for the tables. I also get that Zen & Microsoft aren't charitable organizations and that they need to make money. But I was expecting at least a discount or perhaps the purchase of a one-time transfer license similar to what Harmonix did for transferring music libraries to newer versions of Rock Band.

But this just seems extreme and I'm not paying full price for content that I've already purchased.

Comment

• videjuca
                              • May 2014

I don't know what to think...

I bought the Assassin's 4 Season Pass on Xbox 360 and I don't have to pay for it on Xbox One, so it does exists some kind of 'crossbuy'.
                              I don't know what does Zen Studios have to do in order to use this functionality, but there it is.

I also own every table on 360 and I'm not going to pay again. In fact, I have already paid again some tables for my tablet, but... again for Xbox? No, no way

:-(

Comment

Working...