X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ozzpot
    Pinball Wizard
    • Sep 2010

My favourite movie as a child was The Goonies. I had in on VHS. When it came out on DVD, I bought it again. And when it came out on Blu-ray, I bought it again. Did I complain? No. Did I go on the internet and call all involved greedy, corrupt scumbags? No. Did I put my foot through the TV and send Steven Spielberg the bill? No.

Why? Because each time, it took time, effort and money to polish up, retransfer and repackage. Why should they not be compensated?

Honestly, I don't understand this culture of entitlement. Someone tries to sell you something again; a newer, better version, you either want it or you don't. You don't HAVE to buy it. No-one is holding a gun to your head. If it's free this time around, it should be an unexpected bonus.

People should try being a little more grateful and a little less spoilt.

Comment

• BBIAJ
      • May 2014

I agree with everything you just said, +1 to you my good sir.

Indeed, I was willing and fully expected to pay for Pinball FX2 all over again on Xbox One, even before the release date announcement and the fallout that came with it, as the way I saw it, Zen have worked hard to get everything running at 1080p 60fps, why should we not expect them to be compensated for it?

Having said that, the reason I'm not against the free crossbuy feature is because A) I'm not insane and would never turn down something for free (as long as it's not a kick to the nads or something), and B) When the "rival" console has said crossbuy implemented, it's understandable that those on Xbox One are going to feel more than a little bit hard done by.

But I'm not here to have a go, I'm just waiting for the hopefully good news on such a crossbuy feature making its way to Xbox One in the not too distant future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Alipan
        • Jun 2011

I think half the problem is that without these tables there really is nothing else.

FX3 seems to have vanished and there is no specific next gen content.

So whereas being able to play the old tables would have been a nice ‘side dish’ it’s now unfortunately the ‘main course’.

I agree totally with what you say though Ozzpot.

Comment

• Icedry
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by wims
          Well if Zen needs fans support, they could count on me.

Sorry for Microsoft, but as many Pinball FX2 players, I was waiting for the annoucement of my favorite game on XBox One to chose witch next-gen support I will buy.

From the beginning, Microsoft definitely not assure with the tremendous work of Zen Studios. For example, patches to fix some bugs on XBox360 are difficult to achieve apparently because of the cost. While on PSN or Steam (which is also a Microsoft Support for PC), it costs nothing!

Today it's all their work on the XBox One witch is questioned, with a impossible cross-buy, due to a political problem between 360 and XBOne servers (players don't care = Microsoft is the only one boss of the 2 supports).

When Zen (originally a small studio) offers cross-buy or free tables, Microsoft (a financial monster) thought to earn more profit by repaying licenses that have been already purchased on their brand. So what Microsoft has really to gain? Simply watch the progress of the community whenever Zen out a new table or a new pack! Each time, new players make their apparution and buy others tables. I think it's a good reason to give them a cross-bye possiblity.

Zen Studios is an exploding studio and Microsoft stopped them in their run : they do their job (and more) by working on the XBone project, don't disappoint them, and don't disappoint us ! I'm wainting for solutions but for now, if things stay like this, my choice will be on the PS4, as many other players, believe me ! (and count on me to advise all my friends throughout the Steam and XBox360 communities.

Thank you !
          wims.

(And sorry for my poor english, I hope I'll be understood)
          Sorry but to say that Microsoft is Bad as a devil because let Zen Studios be payed twice for a content is a little bit absurd.
          I'm pretty sure that in someway Ms will set everything with zen, but I don't understand why the problem has not been addressed before the FAQ release. Ms did not expect that people would be so angry? Serious?

I don't know what happened but is clear that something is changed between Ms and Zen and I can bet that is due to the decision to arrive on the market as an indie and without publisher.

anyway I will not buy more tables until all the matter will be cleared. very sad to say, but it's from november that i'm waiting for the Xbox one port and this kind of surprise was totally unexpected. Anyone is to blame.

Ps: patches cost the same on ps3/xbox 360 for must of the gen. Ms changed something just few months before the release of the new console (remeber the FEZ trouble? no patch beacuse too espensive and no patch when became free)

Comment

• swaggers
            • Jul 2014

Can we get a achievement list for the ONE please!

Comment

• Chinese Takeout
              • Jul 2014

Just wanted to say GREAT JOB, and THANKS for getting this taken care of! Very, Very, Very much appreciated!

Comment

• NBA Kirkland
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                Sorcerer's Lair (the free table that is included) has 10 achievements worth a total 1000 gamerscore. The rest of the tables have 1 achievement (10 GS each), except for the Deadpool table which has 2 achievements (also 10 GS each).
                How did this happen? It honestly doesn't make much sense. Part of the fun is chasing down the 3 or so achievements per table and being rewarded with some gamerscore. This doesn't leave much incentive (achievement-wise) to play anything beyond the free table. I realize some people don't give a hoot about achievements and that's fine. But many do. My feedback is add more achievements and gamerscore for new tables.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Feb 2012

Originally posted by NBA Kirkland
                  How did this happen? It honestly doesn't make much sense. Part of the fun is chasing down the 3 or so achievements per table and being rewarded with some gamerscore. This doesn't leave much incentive (achievement-wise) to play anything beyond the free table. I realize some people don't give a hoot about achievements and that's fine. But many do. My feedback is add more achievements and gamerscore for new tables.
                  My understanding is that base games on Xbox One are required to have a 1000 gamerscore. Our base game is a storefront with optional DLC, with just one free table included in the base game. We had to give Sorcerer's Lair enough achievements to fill up that requirement. DLC is a different story. On 360, we originally started out with multiple achievements per table, and hit our maximum a few tables ago, so the last couple of tables haven't even gotten achievements. I don't know if there is a limit for Xbox One, but I'm assuming that's why we're taking it slow with 1-2 per table this time. (I'll update when I get an official answer on max achievements on One).

Comment

• PainkillerJTL
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Apr 2012

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                    My understanding is that base games on Xbox One are required to have a 1000 gamerscore. Our base game is a storefront with optional DLC, with just one free table included in the base game. We had to give Sorcerer's Lair enough achievements to fill up that requirement. DLC is a different story. On 360, we originally started out with multiple achievements per table, and hit our maximum a few tables ago, so the last couple of tables haven't even gotten achievements. I don't know if there is a limit for Xbox One, but I'm assuming that's why we're taking it slow with 1-2 per table this time. (I'll update when I get an official answer on max achievements on One).
                    Makes sense, but I need to chime in here (and maybe I'm in the minority) but the most satisfying achievements I've ever had were from Pinball FX2; the way the achievement logo/award flies into the screen is pretty damn cool. I think Xbox One has unlimited achievements so I was hoping for 3 per table, but I guess it was hard to implement right away?

From what I understand achievements can be added later on the new system so maybe it's something you can look at down the line.

Comment

• heatlight
                      • Jul 2014

If that's the case you guys should have gone with 'total score' achievements for the base game. So it would be technically possible to get 1 billion, 10 billion, 50 billion on Sorceror's Lair but easier with DLC so there's more incentive to buy and play it. The game seems totally unbalanced with 1000G for one table.

In terms of DLC achievements, have you considered using mini challenges? You could have a system where there are challenges built into the hub (say, grab a multiball on the PvsZ table) and then the DLC achieves would be 'complete one challenge, complete ten challenges, complete fifty challenges) etc. So you have that kind of meta game thing that keeps people coming back and having new things to do.

I realise it's a bit late in the day to set something like that up, but it would make the game more exciting than having one 10G achieve per table.

Comment

• Skode
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Jul 2011

So any and all tables released on the Xbox One will have just a single achievement and at 10G score a pop. Interesting approach, though i miss the old three per table. It was an incentive to do more with a table because once people nab that single achievement they are just gonna revert straight back to abusing a table for whatever the best way to get a massive score is.

Comment

• ChunkehMunkeh
                          • Jul 2014

Achievement amounts

Hey, first post here....just wanted to quickly say thank you for the hard work you guys and girls have put in to get the tables to be free to transfer over, awesome job.

Regarding the achievement cap I really don't think you have an issue with the Xbox One. In the build up to the release of the Xbox One Microsoft issued a statement about this saying Developers can add Gamerscore as and when they feel with a monthly cap so gamers won't get overwhelmed.

Theoretically, you could keep adding Gamerscore every month for the next 5 years if you so please. Here is a link to an interview with Chad Gibson, but I am sure you can get a more detailed answer from Microsoft directly:

Hope that helps!

Comment

• absolutehell
                            • Aug 2014

Just curious, will the Guardians of the Galaxy table also transfer from the 360 to the one? It isn't listed, so I just wanted to make sure.

Comment

• BBIAJ
                              • May 2014

I certainly hope so, as I bought it in the belief that it would, but if not, it's hardly going to break the bank to replace it on Xbox One.

Some sort of confirmation as to whether or not we can continue to crossbuy via Xbox 360 and Xbox One would be nice going forward though, ref: The Walking Dead table etc.

Comment

• Alipan
                                • Jun 2011

The way achievements were set out originally on xbox 360 was very good. Generally one easy, one medium/hard and one for completing the wizard mode.

This new system is not very good.

I agree with the post above - a bit more imagination with the achievements for the base game would have been better.

Skode is right - on a spammy table an achievement for wizard mode extends play life and encourages people to play the table 'properly'.
                                Last edited by Alipan; 08-09-2014, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Working...