Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinball FX2 on Xbox One FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by BBIAJ View Post
    Cheers for the update cracker! I'm guessing that if it was tomorrow, then you would have said as much. Still, it can't be too long to go now, right?
    My guess would be:

Thursday 14th August - 5% likelihood
    Thursday 21st August - 45% likelihood
    Thursday 28th August - 45% likelihood
    Any later than that - 5% likelihood

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzpot View Post
    My guess would be:

Should we start betting? The game is technically going to release on a different day than what you have listed

Hmmm, this Friday!? ARGH, just tell us already, haha!

My guess would be:

I'll just make a guess there is a 100% chance its VERY VERY SOON!!!

VERY VERY VERY SOON!!!

This just in ladies and gentlemen...

https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-On...a8355a?lc=1033

Please download and enjoy. And please, read the FAQ and send us any issues you might encounter (I hope this is smooth!!!).

LOL! Whew...I just sent an email to one of my buddies at Xbox because I saw it was hidden on the Games Store.....but knew it could be downloaded. Glad to see its live!!! Have fun everyone!

All achievements for tables other than Sorcerer's Lair do not have any gamer score attached to them. On the front page FAQ it stated that they would have 10G each. What gives?

What about the FX Classic pack (Buccaneer, Speed Machine, Agents, Extreme), Rocky and Bullwinkle, and Street Fighter II?

Are these coming in the future?

I think Zen have said that they hope to port them at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomicow View Post
    What about the FX Classic pack (Buccaneer, Speed Machine, Agents, Extreme), Rocky and Bullwinkle, and Street Fighter II?

Are these coming in the future?
    Classic FX Pack and Rocky & Bullwinkle will not come to Xbox One. Street Fighter II will at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    Classic FX Pack and Rocky & Bullwinkle will not come to Xbox One. Street Fighter II will at a later date.
    That's a bummer. I can understand R&B since there are probably licensing hurdles to jump through, but why not the classic pack?

Also, on an unrelated note: The FX2 core pack isn't showing up for me as free, even though I previously bought it. I'd like to think it's just some launch/teething issues with not everything coming online yet, but I wanted to mention it since some other stuff I've tried has worked just fine.

Edit: just noticed the FAQ has been edited, so I have my answer regarding the classic pack
    Last edited by Atomicow; 08-14-2014 at 05:10 AM.

Default Pinball FX2 on Xbox One FAQ

What about Plants Vs Zombies?

EDIT: Just re-read the FAQ and saw the explanation, cheers guys!
    Last edited by BBIAJ; 08-14-2014 at 11:59 AM.

Is there a list of 360 tables 100% not coming to Xbox One, I don't see anything about Nightmare Mansion or Ms SplosionMan.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomicow View Post
    That's a bummer. I can understand R&B since there are probably licensing hurdles to jump through, but why not the classic pack?

Also, on an unrelated note: The FX2 core pack isn't showing up for me as free, even though I previously bought it. I'd like to think it's just some launch/teething issues with not everything coming online yet, but I wanted to mention it since some other stuff I've tried has worked just fine.

Edit: just noticed the FAQ has been edited, so I have my answer regarding the classic pack
    im having the same issue which at this point sucks since all the tables ive bought besides that seem to be the ones either not being ported or not ported yet

any word on if the marvel pack with spiderman/blade/ironman is gonna be coming to X1?i think those are the characters but i dont feel like logging on my 360 to check but the pack had blade for sure.

That pack is due (don't forget Wolverine!), they're just having technical difficulties with it right now, as they are also having with Earth Defense and Excalibur.

Default Thanks!

Got this downloaded and my existing tables imported last night. Had a chance to play a few rounds this morning, still getting a feel for the game back.

Zen, I appreciate you listening to your fans and working with MS to get the cross-gen transfer going. I'll definitely be purchasing the rest of the tables and I look forward to some of the upcoming content that you have in store. Big fan.

Default Only 10 GS?

Hi, I just wanted to pop in and express my disappointment that the extra paid tables will only have 10 gamerscore. Please, if you can, allow for 50 gamerscore on extra tables.

Default import tables don´t work for me

I´ve tried everything that I could imagine, but import tables don´t work for me.

I even power on my old xbox 360 to see what tables i already own, but when i tried to import ...

Here´s two pictures of my problem

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...hint=folder%2c

I´m very disappointed by this...

Same problem here. Only a few of the tables I own on the Xbox360 version are coming up on the Xbox One for import.

I was able to get Mars, and Paranormal along with the free one of course that anyone can get, Sorcerer's Lair.

I have both the Zen Core (since I also bought the first Pinball FX way back when and got those imported into FX2, and Zen Classics on my Xbox 360 but the Xbox One wants $10 for each??

HOLY FRIED CHICKEN GREASE AND GRAVY BATMAN....those achievements for the Xbox 1 version for Sorcerer's Lair. LOL Also the design in the background for those achievements are crazy. I'm a lil jelly right now. Hehehe Good stuff Zen. I saw the interface and everything. It looks great!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Jarith View Post
    Same problem here. Only a few of the tables I own on the Xbox360 version are coming up on the Xbox One for import.

I was able to get Mars, and Paranormal along with the free one of course that anyone can get, Sorcerer's Lair.

I have both the Zen Core (since I also bought the first Pinball FX way back when and got those imported into FX2, and Zen Classics on my Xbox 360 but the Xbox One wants $10 for each??
    What exactly are you seeing? What region are you in?

Hi!
    I've been playing a while, and now I'm going for more (I was waiting for its release XD).

I have a question and I missed some 360 version options that I would like to know if are coming to One in the future.

First the question. How can I play the demo versions of the tables? I wasn't able to find them. I was hoping to try Guardins of the Galaxy, buy game only let me purchase the table.
    I've tried other tables and cannot find the option neither.

Then...
    In 360 there is an option to move, hide and change size of the score-panel with the d-pad. I didn't see the option here. I think it is useful. I always keep medium score and make it bigger when mission text is displayed, and I change it position depending on the table (or the minigame in the same-table). Having to pause the game for changing it is quite annoying. Leaving less margin would be cool too (in split screen it's set on the middle).

When playing in split-screen, the player indicator are "player one" and "player two". Using gamertag as 360 version would be ok (in the first game I didn't know which player I was in the results screen (was an adjusted game)).

Finally, I think that the "achievement notification" should be displayed in the upper part of the screen (I really don't know if you can place it where you want like in 360 or not). The notifications cover the main flippers! XD

I think that's all for now. Thank you for your great game! Now waiting for more tables and for Pinball FX3 comes true :P

That pack is due (don't forget Wolverine!), they're just having technical difficulties with it right now, as they are also having with Earth Defense and Excalibur.
    yeah i dont know if that was posted in the OP at the time i made my post but if it was ill blame it on it being around 530am in the morning when i posted that lol.

What exactly are you seeing? What region are you in?
    I am in the US. When I try to 'buy' either of those 2 packs it just comes up with the purchase confirmation of $9.99. For the single tables I mentioned they were both $0.

Well done on the bad release....

I have 18 Tables and only 1 Table Imported

Imported Fine
    Paranormal (Full) Game Addon 26/10/2011

Asking for £7.99
    Pinball FX2 Core (Full) Game Addon 27/10/2010
    Secrets Of The Deep
    Biolab
    Pasha
    Rome

Not Released
    Pinball FX Classic (Full) Game Addon 27/10/2010
    Agents
    Buccaneer
    Speed Machine
    Xtreme

Not Released
    MARVEL Pinball (Full) Game Addon 23/11/2011
    Blade
    Iron Man
    Spiderman
    Wolverine

Not Released

Excalibur (Full) Game Addon 27/10/2010

Not Released
    Earth Defense (Full) Game Addon 27/10/2010

Not Released
    Nightmare Mansion (Full) Game Addon 27/10/2010

Not Released
    Rocky and Bullwinkle (Full) Game Addon 27/10/2010

Not Released
    Street Fighter II (Full) Game Addon 30/10/2010

There won't be any release of the original Pinball FX1 tables, due to them being built on old tech. The only table making the jump is the Street Fighter II table.

You're not alone in having these issues, but your post makes you sound really bitter and angry about a situation that Zen are very much aware of, and trying to get sorted ASAP.

As for the Blade, Iron Man, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Excalibur, and Earth Defense tables, if you had bothered to re-read the FAQ, you would see that they are having some technical issues with these tables, and they should be released as soon as these are sorted.

Why no mention of the Super League football tables, or Ms. 'Splosion Man tables also being absent?

As for why it's trying to charge you, I have no idea, I imported absolutely everything completely fine and free within half an hour of the tables launching last night.

I read the faq but am just pointing out what a bumble the release is

I can understand the coming soon tables
    but why isnt FX2 Core pack importing..

Im in the UK btw for when they ask...

Oh and they did mention Splostion Man.. its not coming..
    Last edited by Shonk; 08-15-2014 at 01:39 AM.

PvZ is also currently missing, but they're working on it. It's a shame about Ms. 'Splosion Man, that's a great table.

Quote Originally Posted by Shonk View Post
    Well done on the bad release....

I have 18 Tables and only 1 Table Imported

Imported Fine
    Paranormal (Full) Game Addon 26/10/2011

Asking for £7.99
    Pinball FX2 Core (Full) Game Addon 27/10/2010
    Secrets Of The Deep
    Biolab
    Pasha
    Rome

Not Released
    Pinball FX Classic (Full) Game Addon 27/10/2010
    Agents
    Buccaneer
    Speed Machine
    Xtreme

Not Released
    MARVEL Pinball (Full) Game Addon 23/11/2011
    Blade
    Iron Man
    Spiderman
    Wolverine

Not Released

Excalibur (Full) Game Addon 27/10/2010

Not Released
    Earth Defense (Full) Game Addon 27/10/2010

Not Released
    Nightmare Mansion (Full) Game Addon 27/10/2010

Not Released
    Rocky and Bullwinkle (Full) Game Addon 27/10/2010

Not Released
    Street Fighter II (Full) Game Addon 30/10/2010
    The PFX2 Core Collection issue will be fixed soon.

Marvel Pinball: Original Pack, Excalibur, Street Fighter II and Earth Defense will be added at a later date.

We will keep you posted on their status.

Cracker, what's the delio with Ms. Splosion Man?

I hope that we one day get the Ms. Splosion Man table. I think I've played that the most out of all the tables I own.

It's also a big shame that the Rocky & Bullwinkle table is getting left behind in the last-gen world, nostalgia make me love that table so much.
    Last edited by darkdeath174; 08-15-2014 at 08:31 AM.

The Pinball FX2 Core Pack has just shown as £0.00 for me

I also picked up
    Zen Classics Pack + Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue Pack + Mars + Epic Quest
    all imported fine
    Last edited by Shonk; 08-15-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Cracker, what's the delio with Ms. Splosion Man?
    Various issues, all of which I cannot really go into. Just know that we love all our tables and of course want to bring them everywhere but sometimes it just cannot happen

Quote Originally Posted by Shonk View Post
    The Pinball FX2 Core Pack has just shown as £0.00 for me

I also picked up
    Zen Classics Pack + Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue Pack + Mars + Epic Quest
    all imported fine
    Excellent. This is the way it should work - hopefully it goes this smooth for everyone else!

Excellent. This is the way it should work - hopefully it goes this smooth for everyone else!
    no, it´s not working smooth for everyone...damn, i wish i could play Biolab....

Quote Originally Posted by joaomelo View Post
    no, it´s not working smooth for everyone...damn, i wish i could play Biolab....
    We have identified the issue, and it is being worked on. It will soon be fixed and you will be able to play Biolab (and other tables Hang in there!

Default Holy Moly!

I'm very impressed with this. You guys at Zen Studios put a lot of time into this and the tables are amazing. They just look amazing.

I feel like you should have charged a small upgrade fee for this, but overall, I love that my previous purchases are intact. You put a huge amount of time and effort into this and I really hope this works out for you.

Needless to say, I'll keep buying any new tables you put out. You can take my money now!

Thank you!

Ok...so where is The Ms. Splosionman petition???? We need this game!! or maybe a Reg. Splosionman table??

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McLean View Post
    I'm very impressed with this. You guys at Zen Studios put a lot of time into this and the tables are amazing. They just look amazing.

I feel like you should have charged a small upgrade fee for this, but overall, I love that my previous purchases are intact. You put a huge amount of time and effort into this and I really hope this works out for you.

Needless to say, I'll keep buying any new tables you put out. You can take my money now!

Thank you!
    We're happy that you are happy!

*post deleted*
    Last edited by BBIAJ; 08-15-2014 at 06:05 PM.

Various issues, all of which I cannot really go into. Just know that we love all our tables and of course want to bring them everywhere but sometimes it just cannot happen
    Only just seen this.

Well, I hope we do see it, I'm guessing maybe it's to do with licensing issues with Destructoid?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt McLean View Post
    I feel like you should have charged a small upgrade fee for this, but overall, I love that my previous purchases are intact.
    Not at i havnt touched pinball fx2 for around 3 years
    but due to the imports

I picked up 10 more tables today for £20 ($34)

Thats money they wouldnt have seen without the imports

Is it just me, or has The Avenger's table been pulled?

There's a minor typo in the FAQ that might confuse some people. The Excalibur table says 'Now available', but should be 'Not available'.

Overall, good job guys! I might have paid a little to import all my old tables too, but because it was free I ended up buying a few of the 10 or so tables I missed before and will probably end up buying the rest.

Default Just want to verify....

According to FAQ, transfers are one way street. From 360 to Xbox One only. Not vice versa.

So, we should basically go buy any missing X1 tables we "want" on the 360 first. No sense in buying them on the Xbox one console, right? That way both consoles have access to the tables. I am not sure why it works that way, but there must be a reason for things.

Quote Originally Posted by theRonlyConly97 View Post
    Just got an Xbox One with my son for our birthdays. My wait was so short. Zen your timing was perfect and your Tables are even more gorgeous and enjoyable than before. Zen Studios, again you all proved that the bar for video pinball could and has again been raised by your company, Bravo!!!

I've played only 3 tables so far and no problems to report. All 36 tables transferred flawlessly. The Star Wars core release said it was only 9.7?mb? and downloaded in 5 seconds, so I thought there was a problem with those tables for sure, but all loaded perfectly. The increased frame rate was totally noticeable and welcomed, but having them in 1280p is MAGICAL. The added colors and brilliance are astonishing. Most Excellent Zen, Deep must've done a lot on this project. It drips off his genius.

Was at work today and couldn't stop thinking of playing. This release gave me a reason to write and there is something that I want to share with the Zen Community because I know our love for Pinball is unmatched.

My family and I went to Big Bear Aug. 4-9. My niece is the girlfriend of owner's son at Farsight Studios. Monday night everyone went to my sons B-day party dinner. I picked the owners son's brain for over 30 minutes. On Tuesday he called me and invited my family to spend the day at Farsight Studios and get the full tour. The building is beautiful, the people were just fantastic. I met Norman, who works on all of the actual real tables. What a great guy with a dream job. Some of the programers get to have their favorite table in their office if they choose to. We got to Play any table of our choosing. High Roller,Diner, and Addams Family were all there, the next three to be released. All fantastic tables. Two of the rooms had almost all of the tables. The conference room had over 20 working tables in it and we played mostly there.

On a dry erase board I read their future plans. Kickstarter for Addams Family, The Simpsons, and Data East? Plans for Pinball After Dark- South Park, Playboy. Possibly a pinball creator, Which my boy thought up 5 years ago. In the back room there was about 25 tables, mostly their early releases. About 70% were functional and you could see that this is were they go to be fixed or die for an undetermined time. How incredible it was to play most of the tables in real life form from The Pinball Arcade. We all played for over 4 hours before I felt we should leave.

While there I was able to meet Jay Obernolte, the founder and owner of Farsight Studios. My family talked to him for over 15 minutes. He was a truly genuine guy, answering all of my questions and concerns. When I mentioned Zen Studios and my love for all of your tables, Jay become somewhat defensive and a bit dismissive of your Releases. I told Jay that Zen's tables were very original and more fun than you could envision. He wasn't buying it. I'll convert him some day. Thanks again to everyone at Farsight Studios. The 2nd best video pinball company. It was a day that I will never forget. Terminator 2 can change your mindset.
    That's great! But it was hard to read without tracking sentences with a finger! You should break your paragraphs into smaller ones (like I have done above for example) so the eye automatically knows which line it should be reading.

Anyway, it's very interesting to hear of [someone from Farsight]'s real opinions of Zen's efforts. I was a regular contributor to Farsight's forums a while ago, during the long, drawn out saga and ultimate train wreck that was the Xbox 360 version and it's delayed-come-vaporware DLC.

During that time, many members drew obvious comparisons between Farsight and Zen, often referring to Zen's ability to consistently release DLC tables without issue. It often boiled over into heated debate between two camps; those that believe all video pinball tables should be based on real ones (a la Farsight), and those that like new and original creations (a la Zen). I have to say, I am in neither camp. I love both. But some of the Farsight supporters I found to be quite snobbish about it. It struck me as a strange kind of purism. After all, any real pinball purist; the kind of person that would consider a Cirqus Voltaire LED-conversion to be sacrilege, would consider you a pale imitation of a pinballer.

A lot of the Farsight fans though, would also criticise, even ridicule, technical aspects of Zen's tables, saying the ball is too heavy, has too much spin etc. I have both games and I can't say I've ever noticed. They feel slightly different sure, but nothing that I would complain about. Both feel great... and actually, I do prefer Zen's creations to most of Farsight's real-life tables. I have fond memories of a few real tables but the rest I could take or leave.

Anyway, I digress. During those... let's call them... "heated debates", the resident Farsight employees would be bastions of respect and appreciation for Zen. I often wondered if those opinions were real, or just for the sake of professional politeness. It seems my suspicions may not have been without credence. That being the case, I think it's sad that they would be critical. I appreciate what Farsight do. Recreating a pinball machine to be dead-on accurate, to not only look, but feel and play exactly like those we have pumped so much change into over the years, cannot be an easy task. But neither does it require much imagination.

As an artist, I find what Zen do so much more impressive, more spectacular, more magical. It takes a whole different set of skills to create something from scratch, skills that many do not have. What Farsight do is technical diligence of the highest order, but what Zen do is simply genius.

Farsight have a great deal of respect for Zen, you only have to listen to Badger talk about how much he loves playing their tables on their twitch live stream to see this.

to no Bullwinkle. I really enjoyed that one.

Quote Originally Posted by wadam1230 View Post
    to no Bullwinkle. I really enjoyed that one.
    To this day, when I play a co-op game, such as Halo, with a friend of mine, and we die, one of us always says "Does that mean?..." and the other replies "Yep, we failed!"

Question

Hi
    If today I buy a pack on 360, can I tranfert it free on One
    Excuse for my english, I'm french
    Happy to play again pinball fx2 on One

*post redacted due to now erroneous information*
    Last edited by BBIAJ; 08-28-2014 at 10:40 AM.

Default Well wouldn't you just know it.

I own the core table pack, currently not working. I also own the Marvel pack, currently not available and I also own Excalibur and earth defense, both currently not available. I feel I am being picked on!!!!!!

Default ive noticed a few people complaining about the game not even starting up... crashes.

Hi everything was fine yesterday, all tables imported well. played on all tables then today ive come on and the game crashes on start up... as soon as it gets to the ZEN logo screen it crashes the game and goes back to my homescreen. now i cant even play it full stop and i just purchased all the other tables yesterday as well and i cant even try them out.... ive tried everything from uninstalling ect and nothing has worked.

is this issue being looked in to at all? thanks in advance.

(UK Xbox one user)
    Last edited by SenileElf; 08-18-2014 at 07:33 PM. Reason: additional info

That's great! But it was hard to read without tracking sentences with a finger! You should break your paragraphs into smaller ones (like I have done above for example) so the eye automatically knows which line it should be reading.

Anyway, it's very interesting to hear of [someone from Farsight]'s real opinions of Zen's efforts. I was a regular contributor to Farsight's forums a while ago, during the long, drawn out saga and ultimate train wreck that was the Xbox 360 version and it's delayed-come-vaporware DLC.

During that time, many members drew obvious comparisons between Farsight and Zen, often referring to Zen's ability to consistently release DLC tables without issue. It often boiled over into heated debate between two camps; those that believe all video pinball tables should be based on real ones (a la Farsight), and those that like new and original creations (a la Zen). I have to say, I am in neither camp. I love both. But some of the Farsight supporters I found to be quite snobbish about it. It struck me as a strange kind of purism. After all, any real pinball purist; the kind of person that would consider a Cirqus Voltaire LED-conversion to be sacrilege, would consider you a pale imitation of a pinballer.

A lot of the Farsight fans though, would also criticise, even ridicule, technical aspects of Zen's tables, saying the ball is too heavy, has too much spin etc. I have both games and I can't say I've ever noticed. They feel slightly different sure, but nothing that I would complain about. Both feel great... and actually, I do prefer Zen's creations to most of Farsight's real-life tables. I have fond memories of a few real tables but the rest I could take or leave.

Anyway, I digress. During those... let's call them... "heated debates", the resident Farsight employees would be bastions of respect and appreciation for Zen. I often wondered if those opinions were real, or just for the sake of professional politeness. It seems my suspicions may not have been without credence. That being the case, I think it's sad that they would be critical. I appreciate what Farsight do. Recreating a pinball machine to be dead-on accurate, to not only look, but feel and play exactly like those we have pumped so much change into over the years, cannot be an easy task. But neither does it require much imagination.

As an artist, I find what Zen do so much more impressive, more spectacular, more magical. It takes a whole different set of skills to create something from scratch, skills that many do not have. What Farsight do is technical diligence of the highest order, but what Zen do is simply genius.
    I got into a lot of debates over there at the FarSight forums. I just couldn't stand that superiority demeanor that SOME of them had. Not all. I mean you can't really rag on Zen. They create their own tables from the ground up. DMD, music, voice acting, etc are ALL original. While I love FarSight's tables as well, it wouldn't be hard at all for developer's to take what's already there and create the tables and things from there. I'll stop there because I really don't wanna get into the tit for tat on whose better at what. I like both for different reasons, but lean towards Zen a bit more because of the animations and creativity there.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Halferic View Post
    I own the core table pack, currently not working. I also own the Marvel pack, currently not available and I also own Excalibur and earth defense, both currently not available. I feel I am being picked on!!!!!!
    Truly of all the tables and ive bought all of them you have a collection of some of the worse ones ever release IMO haha. Times to go all out and get the likes of The Avengers, Starfighter Assault and Epic Quest to really see how fun and awesome this game can be compared to what you are used to haha. Still im missing Excalibur myself at the moment - was alongside Ms Sploshion Man my most played all time table.

Anyway i just wanna say in regards to the Xbox One version of the game... major props for the speed of the title load times compared to Xbox 360 version. Used to have to wait a good minute or so before i could even pick a table as they all slowly loaded one DLC after another after launching game, now its almost instant after signing in my gamertag - its simply choose a table as i like, this makes a MASSIVE difference to me.

Default Bring back Nightmare Mansion, Bucaneer and Agents

Please, bring back all the old tables. They are classics! Pinball history! They can't be lost. Specially Nightmare Mansión, Bucaneer and Agents. You say that they are in "old tech". But you can rebuild in "new tech". Pinball FX is not only Star Wars and Marvel, we like the "independent" tables. For older players, Pinball FX are that tables, living classics that cannot be lost. So please, bring back them. It couldn't be so so so difficult to do it.
    Thanks, and sorry for my english

Quote Originally Posted by jmt77mad View Post
    please, bring back all the old tables. They are classics! Pinball history! They can't be lost. Specially nightmare mansión, bucaneer and agents. You say that they are in "old tech". But you can rebuild in "new tech". Pinball fx is not only star wars and marvel, we like the "independent" tables. For older players, pinball fx are that tables, living classics that cannot be lost. So please, bring back them. It couldn't be so so so difficult to do it.
    Thanks, and sorry for my english
    Seconded!

Default Core Pack import

Hi, Zen Studios.

Thanks for the awesome game that Pinball FX 2 is.

Any news on the Core Pack import issues?

Suggestion: enable this feature "vibration triggers" to strike with the flipper

Yeah, I made a thread about making use of the haptic trigger feedback a while back.

Quote Originally Posted by programad View Post
    Hi, Zen Studios.

Not yet - still working on it. Sorry for the delay!

Angry Problem with high score

Hi everybody
    I begin sorry me, I'm french, I hope you understand

Saturday, I play Sorcerer's lair
    I do high score with 109millions and I'm first of my friend list
    After that, a friend do 157millions, and we change game, play forza
    I come back later on the same table and my high score has changed, 81millions, my friend have 157
    I play but don't beat me
    This morning, my score had changed again, 40millions
    It's a score I do in a old game
    I play and when finish the game, the 3 balls, the score is top of the screen, just after we have on left side the best score with other tables added to give the "superscore", at this screen, my best score is 157millions, I press A to continue and my high score in ranking of friend list has changed again, 42millions !!!!
    Why my score changed every time, can you fix it
    New high score, 34millions, fix it faster please, I can't play at this table, reset all score, every body, reset all
    And please fix fx2 core pack, I want play with, if score not bug
    Thanks

Angry Me again with high score

It's me again with the sale problem on any tables
    I beat my score but one friend do better better than myself and the game think it's my score, so no amelioration on ranking
    Explain : I do 3 millions
    One friend do 13 millions
    I do after him 12 millions
    For the game, I don't beat my high score, ranking me 3 millions and my friend 13
    My friend had just now during I write this message the same problem
    I hope you understand

Thank for fix it

We'll be submitting a patch shortly to fix some leaderboard issues, I will post when we find out what day it will go live. We are still working on getting imports fully functional for everyone, I'll post when I have an update on that as well.

Thanks again for all your reports/feedback!

Fantastic news!

Please check the FAQ at the top of this thread - I have made a couple of very important changes to it regarding the leaderboard issues and imports starting with The Walking Dead table.

Cheers for the update Barbie, I don't mind buying it twice across both Xboxes, as you deserve some money for all the free stuff you have given us!

It's interesting that TWD won't import though, whereas GotG did, any explanation?

Hit me up on Twitch @BBIAJ
    Last edited by BBIAJ; 08-27-2014 at 04:55 PM.

Ooooh... I was waiting for TWD Table and it cannot be imported to Xbox One at launch. I'll wait until it would be possible, so I could pay it once and play in two platforms.
    I hope you'll find the way to import tables soon!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Please check the FAQ at the top of this thread - I have made a couple of very important changes to it regarding the leaderboard issues and imports starting with The Walking Dead table.
    I can´t believe that after 2 weeks i´m not able to import the core tables... I miss Biolab so badly, I don´t understand why it´s so difficult ...

btw, i´m gonna buy the twd table today... but i still missing biolab anyway....

Quote Originally Posted by joaomelo View Post
    I can´t believe that after 2 weeks i´m not able to import the core tables... I miss Biolab so badly, I don´t understand why it´s so difficult ...

btw, i´m gonna buy the twd table today... but i still missing biolab anyway....
    We are still working on it. Keep in mind this is a very complex system on a new platform. We are still figuring things out, but we will get it fixed.

Damned if you do... (you've released this too early there are too many glitches)

Damned if you don't... (what's taking so long?)

I personally think that Zen are doing a fine job juggling multiple tech, both old and new and doing there best to keep everyone happy, while running a company in a marketplace where others have struggled and fallen.

Keep on keeping on Zen!

Quote Originally Posted by Nod Nolan View Post
    Damned if you do... (you've released this too early there are too many glitches)

Damned if you don't... (what's taking so long?)

I personally think that Zen are doing a fine job juggling multiple tech, both old and new and doing there best to keep everyone happy, while running a company in a marketplace where others have struggled and fallen.

Keep on keeping on Zen!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Pinball FX2 on Xbox One FAQ – Updated 8/26/2014

What about the original Pinball FX Collection, Nightmare Mansion, Buccaneer and Rocky & Bullwinkle?
    These are not coming to Xbox One. These were built in old tech, and cannot make the next gen jump.
    isnt Excalibur and Earth Defence old tech as well ?

old tech or not, Agents, Buccaneer, Extreme, Nightmare Mansion, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Speed Machine, Street Fighter2 need to come!

i am counting on you guys!

-
    Last edited by SpieleNerd; 08-27-2014 at 11:11 PM.

This is what I don't get, Earth Defense, Excalibur, and Street Fighter II were also "old tech", but are making the jump, so why can't everything else?

I call shenanigans!

Quote Originally Posted by SpieleNerd View Post
    isnt Excalibur and Earth Defence old tech as well ?
    Yes, but they made two versions of the table at the time of development. One for Pinball FX 1 (Xbox 360) and one for the Zen Pinball 1 (PS3). The Zen Pinball 1 version ran on newer tech and it was easy to convert that one to the new physics engine found in Pinball FX 2 and Zen Pinball 2.

Street Fighter 2 should appear eventually, since it's in the same situation as Earth Defense and Excalibur. However, the other tables listed were solely made for Pinball FX 1. They lack several features that are impossible to apply without remaking the entire table from scratch again. That's 9 months per table btw.

I can't see remaking a table taking as long as building a table from scratch, the design side of things has already been completed.

*post deleted*
    Last edited by BBIAJ; 08-28-2014 at 02:18 AM.

I can't see remaking a table taking as long as building a table from scratch, the design side of things has already been completed.
    I'm just repeating what Solitude said on these forums last year. Solitude used to work for Zen and he was part of the technical side. If he says that it would be difficult, then I will take his word for it.

He noted that the tables would have to be redesigned for the geometry to work properly with the new physics engine. Not to mention the ROM portion will have to be redone to get a full functioning Operator's Menu.
    Last edited by shogun00; 08-28-2014 at 01:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    I'm just repeating what Solitude said on these forums last year. Solitude used to work for Zen and he was part of the technical side. If he says that it would be difficult, then I will take his word for it.

He noted that the tables would have to be redesigned for the geometry to work properly with the new physics engine. Not to mention the ROM portion will have to be redone to get a full functioning Operator's Menu.
    Fair play, and an interesting insight, cheers!
    Last edited by BBIAJ; 08-28-2014 at 02:42 AM.

Interesting. I actually can relate with a similar experience. I used to make maps for Counter-Strike, and trying to rebuild them to work in Counter-Strike:Source just doesn't quite work the way you'd expect. Everything is just different enough.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post

Interesting, but sad ...

Yes, that will work fine, it just doesn't work in reverse, from Xbox One to Xbox 360, so make sure you buy The Walking Dead table on Xbox 360 first when that gets released shortly!

Stellar advice................................not.

Bought this on the 360 and now I discover I can't transfer it to the Xbox One.

Wish I'd just bought it for the One now.

At the time, this was to be the case, as shown with Guardians of the Galaxy, only yesterday did the policy change, so don't come here crying to me about it, maybe you should have read The Walking Dead thread first, and in turn gone to the FAQ to find out that it doesn't work, for now.

Just hold out and see if crossbuy is implemented at a later date.

At the time, this was to be the case, as shown with Guardians of the Galaxy, only yesterday did the policy change, so don't come here crying to me about it, maybe you should have read The Walking Dead thread first, and in turn gone to the FAQ to find out that it doesn't work, for now.

Firstly, I'm not crying to you about it, I was merely trying to point out that your advice was erroneous.

Secondly, I didn't check the thread as I didn't have access to a pc at the time I made the purchase.

Thirdly, have a nice day and try to stop jumping to conclusions about the reasoning behind users posts.

My advice was sound at the time.

I'm not jumping to anything, just sick of seeing people do nothing but whinge on here like a bunch of entitled prima donnas.

My advice was sound at the time.

I'm not jumping to anything, just sick of seeing people do nothing but whinge on here like a bunch of entitled prima donnas.

Well I wasn't whinging at all.

Apologies to you if you thought I was.

May be an idea to delete that particular post though, in case others read posts sequentially as I did.

Good point, post now edited, and no hard feelings yeah?

Good point, post now edited, and no hard feelings yeah?

No hard feelings at all.

Default Tables not importing for free.

I have the Captain America, Marvel Fantastic Four and Core Collection (Secrets of the Deep, Pasha, Rome and Biolab) Tables on my xbox 360 but can't transfer them as it wants me to pay $3.95 to import Captain America, $3.95 for Marvel Fantastic Four and $13.45 for to import the Core Collection.

When looking at some of the games I can see my high scores listed for Secrets of the Deep, Biolab and Captain America.

I would like to be able to import these tables but don't want to pay for it. Do you know when this will be rectified?

Have you tried importing directly from the marketplace, as well as in game?

Some people have found that this is a viable workaround.

Have you tried importing directly from the marketplace, as well as in game?

Some people have found that this is a viable workaround.

I haven't as I never thought about trying to do that.

Worth a punt.

Worth a punt.

Unfortunately it wants to charge me for the tables on the marketplace as well. I will just wait for them to correct the problem.

I did check the marketplace for the 360 version of the game and according to it I have purchased the Core Collection and Fanastic Four but haven't purchased Captain America (this is strange because I have played it on the 360 and have a high score showing).

Maybe they should have put this faq up on the original page when people bought the game. Not everyone goes online to find a faq everytime their about to buy a piece of DLC for a game. After the big issue that took place over the game becoming crossbuy, most people simply assumed it would be this way for the rest of the tables. Nowhere does it say on the games details page when I purchased Walking Dead that it was not crossbuy. If there was, I simply would not have purchased it on the 360 and would have bought it only on PS3. Usually I buy the tables on both consoles and tend to favor the MS platform. Now i'll strictly be buying on the PS3 first.

Also, where is this so called faq? The only faq I see makes no indication that this title wasn't crossbuy. I blame MS initially for not making the game itself crossbuy, but since Zen opted to give no warning on the purchase page on the 360, I have to blame this on them. Its very misleading to a lot of people.

From the top of the first post of this page:

Update regarding new releases being added to Xbox One: The Walking Dead Pinball table will not be able to import from Xbox 360 to Xbox One at launch. We are continuing to work with Microsoft in regards to how new tables will transfer from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, but no decision has been finalized at this point. If we can make it happen, the imports/transfers would go from Xbox 360 to Xbox One only, as we are doing now with legacy content. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

From the top of the first post of this page:

Update regarding new releases being added to Xbox One: The Walking Dead Pinball table will not be able to import from Xbox 360 to Xbox One at launch. We are continuing to work with Microsoft in regards to how new tables will transfer from Xbox 360 to Xbox One, but no decision has been finalized at this point. If we can make it happen, the imports/transfers would go from Xbox 360 to Xbox One only, as we are doing now with legacy content. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

That isn't the point. This should have been on the page to read when the game was purchased. After everything that happened 99.9% of the people assumed this would be crossbuy too. I cannot help but feel I was mislead by Zen on this whole thing since it was not something they had made clear in any way shape or form when buying it. Please face reality, most people do not go on the internet searching out faqs on something like this, esp when they believed the issue was fixed to begin with. I only wish I could get a refund on 360. Sure its only $3, but its the idea of the whole thing with no warning when the table was bought. Its like Zen wants your money, but they don't want you to know there is a potential problem with the purchase first.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantasystar77 View Post
    That isn't the point. This should have been on the page to read when the game was purchased.
    Most publishers don't/can't list bugs on the purchase page. Nor can every retailer be liable for not giving correct information about game X you want to buy in a box in an actual store. You also don't find bugs/issues/errors on games that have been released weeks/months ago but not patched yet by the developers.

The FAQ was well documented and updated before, during and after the release of FX2 to One; most sites I know even post links to the Zen-forums for additional info including http://majornelson.com/2014/07/29/pi...ox-one-update/ . Now, I might be very much mistaken but if "Mr. Xbox" himself posts about Zen, I reckon you could've known before purchasing.

Sorry, but being on the internet might mean the internet can do something for you, like supplying information before you buy. This is not just for games but for any product/service you want to use after the day it was released; the internet is loaded with information, bugs, errors, fixes and other knowledge about almost anything.
    Last edited by OctagonQontrol; 08-29-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by programad View Post
    Hi, Zen Studios.

I have the same issue, no core pack or Rome available for import despite owning them on my Gamertag on 360.

Quote Originally Posted by OctagonQontrol View Post
    Most publishers don't/can't list bugs on the purchase page. Nor can every retailer be liable for not giving correct information about game X you want to buy in a box in an actual store. You also don't find bugs/issues/errors on games that have been released weeks/months ago but not patched yet by the developers.

The FAQ was well documented and updated before, during and after the release of FX2 to One; most sites I know even post links to the Zen-forums for additional info including http://majornelson.com/2014/07/29/pi...ox-one-update/ . Now, I might be very much mistaken but if "Mr. Xbox" himself posts about Zen, I reckon you could've known before purchasing.

Sorry, but being on the internet might mean the internet can do something for you, like supplying information before you buy. This is not just for games but for any product/service you want to use after the day it was released; the internet is loaded with information, bugs, errors, fixes and other knowledge about almost anything.
    Oh, so before I buy anything online I should be required to search the internet for faqs to make sure the company is not misleading me in any way? No, Zen SHOULD HAVE posted a warning on the page you buy the product off of. It would be up front, and direct. I assumed everything was good with crossbuy on the system after the major complaints last July. I was wrong. I've been a major support of Zen over the year with rebuying the same tables on various platforms since the original Pinball FX but this makes me question even buying on the PS3 anymore. They knew that the crossbuy thing was a major issue before and they should have known to post a warning on the page where you actually buy the table, and not hidden in a faq in their forums. You can defend them misleading people all you want, but that still doesn't change the fact that most of the gaming population does not search out forums to find a faq before they buy every little thing. This is especially true with something that cost $3. And again it is not about the price, its about the fact that they were not upfront with it on the page I bought the table on. You also notice the lack of responses from Zen themselves to forum comments about this? They were all over things a month ago when the crossbuy thing first hit.

Zen don't need to respond to anything, they made us aware of the crossbuy issue BEFORE the table released on Xbox One.

They're in the clear as far as I am concerned.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast