Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Query - Why can't I import tables bought on PS4 to PS3/Vita versions?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1

    Default Query - Why can't I import tables bought on PS4 to PS3/Vita versions?

    Hi guys,

    I recently made the move from Tablet/Phone/PC pinball to console pinball. I chose PlayStation as the cross platform play was the best.

    I bought a bunch of my favourite tables, imported them on the Vita and was very happy. Then I became even happier as I realised Zen PInball was on PS4 and I could import all my purchased tables. Whilst doing that I realised I hadn't bought another version of Epic Quest yet. I bought it on my PS4 but then was unable to import it to the PS3 or Vita.

    Came here and found this answer

    If I buy content in Zen Pinball 2 for PS4, can I import it to my PS3/Vita?

    No, the import tool can only transfer from PS3/Vita to PS4, so if you want to play any of your tables on PS3, please make sure to buy them on PS3 or Vita first, and then import to PS4.
    and I was wondering why this is the case? I know it's not a massive cost to re-buy the table but it seems a strange restriction on the table sharing.

    If I purchase a table on my Vita or PS3 I can play it on everything however, if I purchase it on my PS4, I can only play it on that system. Seems a silly restriction and punishes me for purchasing on the latest PlayStation.

    I assume this is some sort of PSN restriction but I was curious to hear the real answer. Also is that something that will be addressed in future releases?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chickan117 View Post


    and I was wondering why this is the case? I know it's not a massive cost to re-buy the table but it seems a strange restriction on the table sharing.

    If I purchase a table on my Vita or PS3 I can play it on everything however, if I purchase it on my PS4, I can only play it on that system. Seems a silly restriction and punishes me for purchasing on the latest PlayStation.

    I assume this is some sort of PSN restriction but I was curious to hear the real answer. Also is that something that will be addressed in future releases?
    It's a weird PSN thing - we have talked to them about making them universally transferable since we really don't want some people paying double for no reason (and totally defeating the purpose of cross buy). Hopefully we can get this straightened out so we don't have to worry about it anymore.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    It's a weird PSN thing - we have talked to them about making them universally transferable since we really don't want some people paying double for no reason (and totally defeating the purpose of cross buy). Hopefully we can get this straightened out so we don't have to worry about it anymore.
    So what is our option currently to undo a PS4 purchase so I can buy the vita version first and then transfer
    ?. The table is useless to me unless I can play it on my Vita, and bought the new Deadpool table on my PS4 not knowing it wasn't transferable.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oldboy26 View Post
    So what is our option currently to undo a PS4 purchase so I can buy the vita version first and then transfer
    ?. The table is useless to me unless I can play it on my Vita, and bought the new Deadpool table on my PS4 not knowing it wasn't transferable.
    2 options: Either request a refund from Sony so you can repurchase on PS3 or Vita and import, or email/PM me (support at zenstudios.com) Sony is hit or miss on this one, some people have gotten refunds, others have been denied.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    since we really don't want some people paying double for no reason (and totally defeating the purpose of cross buy).
    Could you make sure then the current sales (summer sale) also apply on PS3 & Vita & not only PS4.

  6. #6
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chickan117 View Post
    and I was wondering why this is the case? I know it's not a massive cost to re-buy the table but it seems a strange restriction on the table sharing.

    If I purchase a table on my Vita or PS3 I can play it on everything however, if I purchase it on my PS4, I can only play it on that system. Seems a silly restriction and punishes me for purchasing on the latest PlayStation.

    I assume this is some sort of PSN restriction but I was curious to hear the real answer. Also is that something that will be addressed in future releases?
    Correct! It's a limitation with the PSN Store. The PS4 store is separate from the PS3/Vita version, because it would complicate things for the PS3 and Vita. The only way the PS4 can tell that you purchased a table is through the download list. On the other hand, neither the PS3 nor the Vita can detect PS4 purchases and they are not present on the download list when viewing it on the PS3 or Vita.

  7. #7
    Senior Member DiscoKing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Delaware, USA
    Posts
    218

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    Correct! It's a limitation with the PSN Store. The PS4 store is separate from the PS3/Vita version, because it would complicate things for the PS3 and Vita. The only way the PS4 can tell that you purchased a table is through the download list. On the other hand, neither the PS3 nor the Vita can detect PS4 purchases and they are not present on the download list when viewing it on the PS3 or Vita.
    Just like your friends list.

    When you're on ps4 you can see anyone one ps4 or ps3 and MSG them.
    But when you're on ps3 you can only see your ps3 friends online. You cannot detect friends that are on ps4.

    One was made to recognize the other. (Ps4)
    While one was made and had no idea the other exists (ps3)
    Last edited by DiscoKing; 07-17-2014 at 08:32 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •