Thread: Microsoft working with Zen on cross generational dlc transfer!

Default Microsoft working with Zen on cross generational dlc transfer!

Microsoft issued the following statement to Polygon

( http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/16/590...e-release-date )

"with Xbox One, you are able to transfer add-on content from Xbox 360 to Xbox One for certain titles. We are working with Zen Studios to bring this feature to*Pinball FX 2."

this is great news, i hope they can pull this off by launch so i can start buying new tables and importing my previous ones on the xbox one !

Nothing to confirm at this point, but like I said, I'm optimistic we can make something happen. I'll post as soon as we have details on what we can work out.

thanks for keeping us up to date! definitely plan on buying more tables if they can get this going.

I am so glad to hear that Microsoft is working with Zen; I'm optimistic they'll do the right thing here.

Is this will be something that is expected to happen sooner-than-later or something we'll have to be patient about?

I'm assuming that this will not be a launch day feature.
    -------------------
    XBox Gamertag: KISSfiend

Default Well done Zen team

Hi,

I joined the forum just to show my thanks and support to you at Zen for hearing and reacting to your fans. I recently graduated with a degree in game design and have an idea of what you are up against, so well done and keep up the fantastic work.

I really hope to enjoy my complete Pinball FX collection on my Xbox One.

Oh and if you could recreate Pinball Dreams and Illusions in your engine that would be awesome. I'll do the music for you free of charge

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Hi,

I joined the forum just to show my thanks and support to you at Zen for hearing and reacting to your fans. I recently graduated with a degree in game design and have an idea of what you are up against, so well done and keep up the fantastic work.

I really hope to enjoy my complete Pinball FX collection on my Xbox One.

Oh and if you could recreate Pinball Dreams and Illusions in your engine that would be awesome. I'll do the music for you free of charge
    Thanks, Tom! Welcome to the forums

Default Why are they still in charge?

Quote Originally Posted by Nod Nolan View Post
    Microsoft issued the following statement to Polygon

( http://www.polygon.com/2014/7/16/590...e-release-date )

"with Xbox One, you are able to transfer add-on content from Xbox 360 to Xbox One for certain titles. We are working with Zen Studios to bring this feature to*Pinball FX 2."
    Why are the people who screwed up every aspect of the X-Box One launch still in charge? Why was the same mistake repeated with the Pinball FX2 announcement? Did they not anticipate how gamers would feel, being told they had to pay twice to play the same game on the new platform? Why not hold off on any announcement until AFTER working out some transfer or discount program. There is no excuse for this kind of behavior. I will never buy an X-Box One.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnut View Post
    Why are the people who screwed up every aspect of the X-Box One launch still in charge?
    They're not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Hi,

As awesome as this would be, I believe that Rebellion own the Dreams and Illusions rights, as evidenced by the iOS and PS Vita ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great to see this news, i was in all honestly ready to not bother with Xbox One version after hearing tables ive purchased on Xbox 360 version will have to be purchased again (i have them all, no way i was doing that again twice) but now im happy to be patient and still purchase the newer tables knowing i wont be missing out after being so loyal to the series for so many years.

Microsoft will find a way, theyve been allies with Zen Studios for a long time now - ive every faith a solution will be found and not have to even wait a year or the likes for it either.

Im also a newly registered member, purely because of this topic. However, I wont be purchasing ANY new tables ( I have all on 360 ) until 360 purchases are carried over

They really need to get crossbuy implemented BEFORE launch though, it won't be fun looking at all the tables that we could be playing, but refusing to buy a second time.

And if it's anything like the 9 month wait for 3D blu-ray and games, well...

In a few weeks, Minecraft Xbox One version will release. If you have the Xbox 360 version, it'll be heavily discounted. Automatically. Just like Halo: Spartan Assault was for me, because I had the WP8 version! These are obviously two of the many titles this cross-platform licensing has been implemented for. Didn't seem to be a problem for those games, so I can't think what the big problem is for PFX2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzpot View Post
    In a few weeks, Minecraft Xbox One version will release. If you have the Xbox 360 version, it'll be heavily discounted. Automatically. Just like Halo: Spartan Assault was for me, because I had the WP8 version! These are obviously two of the many titles this cross-platform licensing has been implemented for. Didn't seem to be a problem for those games, so I can't think what the big problem is for PFX2.
    The biggest difference is that both Halo and Minecraft are traditional games. On the other hand, PFX2 is a platform (main game) and the tables are DLC (aka Add-ons). It appears that DLC is treated differently on Xbox Live (and PSN) compared to traditional games.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    The biggest difference is that both Halo and Minecraft are traditional games. On the other hand, PFX2 is a platform (main game) and the tables are DLC (aka Add-ons). It appears that DLC is treated differently on Xbox Live (and PSN) compared to traditional games.
    I see. Well, it's sorted now so I guess it's all academic.