X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shogun00
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2011

Originally posted by Bearded_Warrior
    Is this the easiest table Zen has produced to date? Maybe I was just on yesterday, but I made it to wizard mode twice and got the trophies on both PS3 and PS4. I love the table (aside from Star-Lord's voice acting), but now I don't feel like I have any reason to play it anymore :/
    For my first game on the PS3, I scored 99 million. To put it in perspective, on the Deadpool table my first score was only 9 million. The latter is more common for me. I usually get a low score for my first few games until I get a hang of the table's mechanics and flow.

Yeah! This table is very easy, especially when it comes to ball control.

Comment

• Bearded_Warrior
      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by shogun00
      For my first game on the PS3, I scored 99 million. To put it in perspective, on the Deadpool table my first score was only 9 million. The latter is more common for me. I usually get a low score for my first few games until I get a hang of the table's mechanics and flow.

Yeah! This table is very easy, especially when it comes to ball control.
      Don't get me wrong, I think it's great to have a good balance of easy, medium, and hard tables. And I'm sure I'll spend some more time with this one just to see everything it has to offer. It does make me wonder though, do the designers or set out to do this intentionally or is it something that just "happens"? Inquiring minds would like to know.
      PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Comment

• Mammouth
        Pinball Wizard
        • Nov 2011

Only 165M with 2 sorcerer mode ? I have done 2 sorcerer mode too, but scored 725M... on my first play. Easy table, but i think there is something inside to boost your score, like my 120M bonus on 2nd ball with a 10x multiplier.

This table reminds me X-Men, with less difficulty. It's good for me.
        When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Comment

• Bearded_Warrior
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Mammouth
          Only 165M with 2 sorcerer mode ? I have done 2 sorcerer mode too, but scored 725M... on my first play. Easy table, but i think there is something inside to boost your score, like my 120M bonus on 2nd ball with a 10x multiplier.

This table reminds me X-Men, with less difficulty. It's good for me.
          No, the 2 wizard modes were on back-to-back games on the PS4, not in the same game. Sorry for the confusion. Congrats on the high score btw. I'm sure people will be in the billions soon.

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Comment

• Heinz
            • Apr 2013

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
            Dang! Maybe you're just really good at pinball! What's your high score?
            The table is really easy. I made it to the wizard mode during my first game without knowing what to do with a final score of ~ 440m. And the trophies are a joke ^^. The table itself is awesome as usual in my opinion. I am just of the opinion that earning the silver trophy on the new tables should be about as difficult as earning the silver trophies on most of the older tables was, so that the pros get real challenges again ^^. Collecting pinball trophies is considered as hard in general (though there have been easy silver trophies on older tables and Pinball Arcade as well). I think you should have to win the wizard mode to get the silver trophy and not just get it for activating an ordinary multiball. Nothing to criticise about the table itself. It is great and I am going to buy every new table anyway. I would just like to see some new challenging trophies in future tables.

Comment

• Killerbees78
              • Jul 2014

I am really liking this table. I don't mind it being easy coz I am a complete nubcake.
              Highest score so far (only a couple of games) 26m. Gonna hit it hard tonight with a few bourbons by my side!!
              Great work Zen..keep the tables coming!

Comment

• tenorhero
                • Mar 2012

Definitely the easier tables of late. I guess that's not a bad thing.

One thing I can't stress enough is that the slingshots should be like what they did with Deadpool and certain SW tables. That would certainly be better not necessarily harder.

That said I think there is still enough depth in the game. Like Sorcerer's Lair and some other Zen tables you don't have to win every mode to get the the wizard mode. There seems to be some type of orb under the picture of each mode where if you win the mode, you basically shoot and collect orbs or something and that silver looking ball in the picture is lit. I have a feeling that would definitely give you higher scores in the wizard mode if you beat each mode. Haven't done it yet. Eventually but I don't feel like a marathon session tonight.

One thing to note just like in Avengers each ball basically doubles the jackpots or 'Super Jackpot. They don't have different 'skills' per say like Avengers but in the 'Wizard' mode you might want to 'swap' the balls out for much higher scores. It's hard to know which is which but I'm assuming the the 'star' like ball is starlord.

Overall decent table albeit easy.

Again tweaking slings is a must for future tables.

Comment

• Brucethejam
                  • Sep 2012

Very nice table Croft! I like the fluidity that you bring to all your tables and that they're not frustrating to play. The slings are back to normal, so if you lose a ball, you know it's your fault and not some 'random hit off a sling, bounce around the table at mach 1 then drain' thing lol.. Keep it up m8

Comment

• Mammouth
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Nov 2011

No, the 2 wizard modes were on back-to-back games on the PS4, not in the same game. Sorry for the confusion. Congrats on the high score btw. I'm sure people will be in the billions soon.
                    Billion is done, now (^_^)
                    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Comment

• Bearded_Warrior
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Mammouth
                      Billion is done, now (^_^)
                      Haha, well played

Comment

• FourWinds
                        • Aug 2012

Another nice table, even it is yet another Marvel table. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the music is cool

Comment

• edc5036
                          • May 2014

Played a few games so far, love this table! Now how do you advance the damn bonus multiplier

Comment

• OriginalEther
                            • Feb 2013

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great to have a good balance of easy, medium, and hard tables. And I'm sure I'll spend some more time with this one just to see everything it has to offer. It does make me wonder though, do the designers or set out to do this intentionally or is it something that just "happens"? Inquiring minds would like to know.
                            The designers have said that they try to create different difficulties to appeal to a variety of gamers.
                            Look at the last Star Wars pack: Han Solo and Masters of the Force were designed by the same guy.

It is relatively easy to get to the Wizard mode on this, I agree. Completing the missions (they're a bit long), the wizard mode, and scoring high is another story, IMO.

The intro certainly discourages one from starting over if something goes wrong early.

My main gripe with the table is that it's real hard to tell the character balls apart, especially compared to the Avengers table where it was very clear whose ball was whose. The only one I can positively ID is Gamora's green ball. Between that and the lanes switching up (which is otherwise a good thing) it makes those multiball modes a bit of a crapshoot.

Otherwise, it's a real fun table.
                            Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
                            Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Comment

• Cloda
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Nov 2010

I'll request it one more time and then I should probably shut-up and make peace with the situation. Barbie, can we please have a table specific sub-forum where we can discuss the game-play etc. of each table without having to trawl through each platform specific thread for each table. If there is an issue with a table for a specific platform, it can be discussed under the bugs thread for that platform.

Back to Guardians of the Galaxy - This table reminds me allot of Sorcerer's Lair... not in style or even in game play but certainly in its approach. I like this approach of not having to finish missions to reach and play through wizard mode but being rewarded for finishing missions. This allows new players to feel like they are getting somewhere while giving more experienced players something to aim for. I have stopped caring a while ago already about going for the high scores on these kind of high scoring tables so I don't think I will play it much more after already reaching a billion on my second proper game (on Xbox360). There are still too many of the harder tables e.g. Deadpool, Star Wars New Hope and Masters of the Force that I would rather play and hopefully one day conquer. But, I love the fact that Zen is releasing such a wide variety of tables that caters for their growing and varied supporters.

Some quick tips for the table (without remembering the proper names for the table features ) -

- Focus on first activating your kickbacks with the in-lane roll-overs and keep them active for long games. Remember you can also then keep on getting the Groot ball-saver by continuing to focus on the roll-overs and shooting the appropriate lane when the letters are flashing.
                              - Extra ball is lit as a random award from the collectors sink-hole... to be rewarded shoot the appropriate lit lane. The other random awards are also very helpful (e.g. advance mission start, 10 mil, max. multiplier, hold multiplier etc. so it is worthwhile spending some time on that hole. With practice it becomes a quick thing to do as the ball is ejected out from the hole and bounces such from the flippers that you can immediately take a shot again at the hole from the left flipper without first having to control the ball.
                              - During some of the multi-ball modes, it is very worthwhile for big scores to focus on shooting the right character lane with the right character ball. It is relatively easy to do when the ball-saver is still active and then when you only play with two balls. You can change the character ball by shooting into the left sink-hole, but I usually don't bother as they seem to change the lit character that you have to shoot for often enough.
                              - The mini-game with the blue and the green ladies... you can easily hit the 2 side little targets with a backhand shot from the respective flipper.
                              - Multiplier is advanced by hitting the little orange button under the cross-ramp from the right top flipper a couple of times.
                              Last edited by Cloda; 08-03-2014, 09:32 PM.
                              XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• s-carnegie
                                • Aug 2011

I like the table if you make your shots you can keep the ball going forever. No extra ball for me yet.Yeah four winds the music is cool.

Comment

Working...