Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy

Default Guardians of the Galaxy

The Guardians of the Galaxy pinball table is coming to Zen Pinball 2 NEXT WEEK!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    The Guardians of the Galaxy pinball table is coming to Zen Pinball 2 NEXT WEEK!
    video looks great!

looks like another multiball like avengers where each character has their own unique ball

Looks great and can't wait!

Also good work releasing it while the movie is out, that is a smooth move Zen

Loving this short release notice. You guys announce and a couple of days later I'm throwing money at the screen! Glad to see more Marvel stuff, I can't get enough

So awesome. I know I give you guys a lot of flak for so damn many Marvel games, but this is one of the few exceptions (I don't mind the ones that don't feel like super heroes: Ghost Rider, Dr Strange, Blade, Deadpool etc...). I know next to nothing about GotG, but from the movie trailer it looks cool and un-super heroey. Pretty excited this one is just days away!

Add me as another that really likes the shorter wait from announcement to release.

Sooner than expected, nice!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Sooner than expected, nice!
    Yep! but if you read the fine print it says it is releasing everywhere except Santa Clarita, CA... Sorry buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Metalzoic View Post
    Yep! but if you read the fine print it says it is releasing everywhere except Santa Clarita, CA... Sorry buddy.

Wow, very cool layout!

Giving me a strong Steve Ritchie vibe, which is definitely a good thing. Brilliant color scheme as well, gray plus lots of orange and blue and purple is very easy on the eyes. I especially love the orange on top of the left ramp.

The inserts are also nice and big! Some of the ones on the other tables can be very small and hard to notice (playing on Vita), so making them easier to see helps a lot.

I also love seeing a simpler table again. I enjoy the massive, sprawling, over-the-top ones, but this one looks a bit more traditional.

I´m going on vacation early next month, so getting a fresh table is perfect timing

Thanks, everyone! I'm REALLY glad we could hit a release window so close to the movie. YAY!!!! Can't wait to hear what you all think once it comes out.

Thumbs up

Awesome news im buying straight away. The fine group at Zen are really cookin these days with all the cool tables. The WD table looks great too. Wow, getting close to 50 on the PS3 ZP2. cheers

The table looks great on the trailer. Will be a certain buy for me.
    It's the 29th today in AUS so I assume it will be available 30th July for aussies.

Quote Originally Posted by s-carnegie View Post
    Awesome news im buying straight away. The fine group at Zen are really cookin these days with all the cool tables. The WD table looks great too. Wow, getting close to 50 on the PS3 ZP2. cheers
    Yep, which means they will need to do something to change the icon system we have now. If they get any smaller you won't even be able to tell what the table is anymore. Especially on Vita where they are already micro.

The PSN store in North America has updated - Guardians of the Galaxy is available!

Remember to purchase on PS3 or Vita FIRST, then import to PS4
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 07-29-2014 at 07:02 PM.

One thing I really don't like is the intro becuase I restart a lot when things go south so it's annoying (would be nice to be able to skip the logo at least).

Like the table so far. Not so "over the top" as other Marvel tables.

Oh yeah, 2nd place on PS4. At least until more people play it lol.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Okay, so...I got 165m and both trophies in my first and only game on PS3, LOL!

On to the PS4 and Vita now
    PSN: Bearded_Warrior

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

So this seems kind of stupid to ask of a pinball table, but the description says something akin to " relive the biggest moments of the movie," so I'll ask anyway: Will playing this table spoil the plot, outcome, or any surprises of the movie?
    I'm looking forward to the movie and know next to nothing about the story and don't want to know what's going to happen in the movie before I see it. Do I need to wait to play the table until after I see the flick?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    So this seems kind of stupid to ask of a pinball table, but the description says something akin to " relive the biggest moments of the movie," so I'll ask anyway: Will playing this table spoil the plot, outcome, or any surprises of the movie?
    I'm looking forward to the movie and know next to nothing about the story and don't want to know what's going to happen in the movie before I see it. Do I need to wait to play the table until after I see the flick?
    I don't think so. Granted I haven't seen the film but from playing the table I didn't see anything that I would consider a spoiler. Lots of quirky quotes and missions that you would expect if you've seen the film trailers or followed the film at all. I guess if you wanted to save your first kiss for the wedding day, so to speak, then wait. Otherwise play on

Table Wishlist: Lord of the Rings, God of War, Final Fantasy VII, The Legend of Zelda, and Marvel's Archangel.

Thumbs up

The PSN store in North America has updated - Guardians of the Galaxy is available!

Remember to purchase on PS3 or Vita FIRST, then import to PS4
    Purchased! Thanks Barbie and Zen Studio employees for creating all these great, original tables!
    PSN ID: mdh71

Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    One thing I really don't like is the intro becuase I restart a lot when things go south so it's annoying (would be nice to be able to skip the logo at least).
    There is the option to skip the prologue in the Operator Menu.
    U. Utilities. 4. Extra Adjustments. 04. Skip Prologue (Yes/No).
    It doesn't affect achievements/leaderboards, though you miss out on lots of easy points if you play the Prologue

Quote Originally Posted by Croftanator View Post
    There is the option to skip the prologue in the Operator Menu.
    U. Utilities. 4. Extra Adjustments. 04. Skip Prologue (Yes/No).
    It doesn't affect achievements/leaderboards, though you miss out on lots of easy points if you play the Prologue
    Cool. Thanks.

Just gave the table a quick test flight.While this Marvel thing has really gotten tiresome Guardians of the Galaxy seems at first glance like good fun nevertheless.Like the music in particular and the table thankfully isn't quite as flashy as some other Marvel tables.Feels a little more like a real table.And i guess i have been playing too much TPA lately for in Zen the ball seems to stick like glue in comparison.Nothing terrible just needs readjusting to.

Zen must be doing well with the megalicenses Marvel and Star Wars.And that's cool, just wish that if they feel the need to only do licences anymore that they would also pick up something less obvious.Just one or two tables off the map per year would be cool and not too much to ask.Wouldn't a Fright Night table be awesome?That also could be done without going beyond the rating limitations that Zen has.
    Last edited by ALH2012; 07-30-2014 at 02:35 PM.

I really like the load your music cross ramp shot into the table title screen . Very nice first time I hit it I was like ahhh cool. And now every time I miss that shot I feel cheated from missing it.

Good mission variety for each character too. I really like this table
    Last edited by DiscoKing; 07-30-2014 at 07:52 PM.

Really good table, I like it a lot. Great music too.
    PSN - TysonBane

Nice layout on this table, equals a good flow of play. Top marks.

Minor criticism would have liked more use of Groot on the table.

Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    Nice layout on this table, equals a good flow of play. Top marks.

Minor criticism would have liked more use of Groot on the table.
    Wooooooow, thanks! Coming from you, that means a lot.

Everyone could always use more Groot, right?

Is this the easiest table Zen has produced to date? Maybe I was just on yesterday, but I made it to wizard mode twice and got the trophies on both PS3 and PS4. I love the table (aside from Star-Lord's voice acting), but now I don't feel like I have any reason to play it anymore :/

Quote Originally Posted by Bearded_Warrior View Post
    Is this the easiest table Zen has produced to date? Maybe I was just on yesterday, but I made it to wizard mode twice and got the trophies on both PS3 and PS4. I love the table (aside from Star-Lord's voice acting), but now I don't feel like I have any reason to play it anymore :/
    Dang! Maybe you're just really good at pinball! What's your high score?

Haha, maybe. First and only game on PS3 - 165m and both trophies. Played 3 or 4 games on PS4, got both trophies with a high score of 212m, which was #1 overall on the scoreboard at the time.

For my first game on the PS3, I scored 99 million. To put it in perspective, on the Deadpool table my first score was only 9 million. The latter is more common for me. I usually get a low score for my first few games until I get a hang of the table's mechanics and flow.

Yeah! This table is very easy, especially when it comes to ball control.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    For my first game on the PS3, I scored 99 million. To put it in perspective, on the Deadpool table my first score was only 9 million. The latter is more common for me. I usually get a low score for my first few games until I get a hang of the table's mechanics and flow.

Yeah! This table is very easy, especially when it comes to ball control.
    Don't get me wrong, I think it's great to have a good balance of easy, medium, and hard tables. And I'm sure I'll spend some more time with this one just to see everything it has to offer. It does make me wonder though, do the designers or set out to do this intentionally or is it something that just "happens"? Inquiring minds would like to know.

Only 165M with 2 sorcerer mode ? I have done 2 sorcerer mode too, but scored 725M... on my first play. Easy table, but i think there is something inside to boost your score, like my 120M bonus on 2nd ball with a 10x multiplier.

This table reminds me X-Men, with less difficulty. It's good for me.
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Quote Originally Posted by Mammouth View Post
    Only 165M with 2 sorcerer mode ? I have done 2 sorcerer mode too, but scored 725M... on my first play. Easy table, but i think there is something inside to boost your score, like my 120M bonus on 2nd ball with a 10x multiplier.

This table reminds me X-Men, with less difficulty. It's good for me.
    No, the 2 wizard modes were on back-to-back games on the PS4, not in the same game. Sorry for the confusion. Congrats on the high score btw. I'm sure people will be in the billions soon.

The table is really easy. I made it to the wizard mode during my first game without knowing what to do with a final score of ~ 440m. And the trophies are a joke ^^. The table itself is awesome as usual in my opinion. I am just of the opinion that earning the silver trophy on the new tables should be about as difficult as earning the silver trophies on most of the older tables was, so that the pros get real challenges again ^^. Collecting pinball trophies is considered as hard in general (though there have been easy silver trophies on older tables and Pinball Arcade as well). I think you should have to win the wizard mode to get the silver trophy and not just get it for activating an ordinary multiball. Nothing to criticise about the table itself. It is great and I am going to buy every new table anyway. I would just like to see some new challenging trophies in future tables.

I am really liking this table. I don't mind it being easy coz I am a complete nubcake.
    Highest score so far (only a couple of games) 26m. Gonna hit it hard tonight with a few bourbons by my side!!
    Great work Zen..keep the tables coming!

Definitely the easier tables of late. I guess that's not a bad thing.

One thing I can't stress enough is that the slingshots should be like what they did with Deadpool and certain SW tables. That would certainly be better not necessarily harder.

That said I think there is still enough depth in the game. Like Sorcerer's Lair and some other Zen tables you don't have to win every mode to get the the wizard mode. There seems to be some type of orb under the picture of each mode where if you win the mode, you basically shoot and collect orbs or something and that silver looking ball in the picture is lit. I have a feeling that would definitely give you higher scores in the wizard mode if you beat each mode. Haven't done it yet. Eventually but I don't feel like a marathon session tonight.

One thing to note just like in Avengers each ball basically doubles the jackpots or 'Super Jackpot. They don't have different 'skills' per say like Avengers but in the 'Wizard' mode you might want to 'swap' the balls out for much higher scores. It's hard to know which is which but I'm assuming the the 'star' like ball is starlord.

Overall decent table albeit easy.

Again tweaking slings is a must for future tables.

Very nice table Croft! I like the fluidity that you bring to all your tables and that they're not frustrating to play. The slings are back to normal, so if you lose a ball, you know it's your fault and not some 'random hit off a sling, bounce around the table at mach 1 then drain' thing lol.. Keep it up m8

No, the 2 wizard modes were on back-to-back games on the PS4, not in the same game. Sorry for the confusion. Congrats on the high score btw. I'm sure people will be in the billions soon.
    Billion is done, now (^_^)
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Quote Originally Posted by Mammouth View Post
    Billion is done, now (^_^)
    Haha, well played

Another nice table, even it is yet another Marvel table. I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks the music is cool

Played a few games so far, love this table! Now how do you advance the damn bonus multiplier

Don't get me wrong, I think it's great to have a good balance of easy, medium, and hard tables. And I'm sure I'll spend some more time with this one just to see everything it has to offer. It does make me wonder though, do the designers or set out to do this intentionally or is it something that just "happens"? Inquiring minds would like to know.
    The designers have said that they try to create different difficulties to appeal to a variety of gamers.
    Look at the last Star Wars pack: Han Solo and Masters of the Force were designed by the same guy.

It is relatively easy to get to the Wizard mode on this, I agree. Completing the missions (they're a bit long), the wizard mode, and scoring high is another story, IMO.

The intro certainly discourages one from starting over if something goes wrong early.

My main gripe with the table is that it's real hard to tell the character balls apart, especially compared to the Avengers table where it was very clear whose ball was whose. The only one I can positively ID is Gamora's green ball. Between that and the lanes switching up (which is otherwise a good thing) it makes those multiball modes a bit of a crapshoot.

Otherwise, it's a real fun table.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

I'll request it one more time and then I should probably shut-up and make peace with the situation. Barbie, can we please have a table specific sub-forum where we can discuss the game-play etc. of each table without having to trawl through each platform specific thread for each table. If there is an issue with a table for a specific platform, it can be discussed under the bugs thread for that platform.

Back to Guardians of the Galaxy - This table reminds me allot of Sorcerer's Lair... not in style or even in game play but certainly in its approach. I like this approach of not having to finish missions to reach and play through wizard mode but being rewarded for finishing missions. This allows new players to feel like they are getting somewhere while giving more experienced players something to aim for. I have stopped caring a while ago already about going for the high scores on these kind of high scoring tables so I don't think I will play it much more after already reaching a billion on my second proper game (on Xbox360). There are still too many of the harder tables e.g. Deadpool, Star Wars New Hope and Masters of the Force that I would rather play and hopefully one day conquer. But, I love the fact that Zen is releasing such a wide variety of tables that caters for their growing and varied supporters.

Some quick tips for the table (without remembering the proper names for the table features ) -

- Focus on first activating your kickbacks with the in-lane roll-overs and keep them active for long games. Remember you can also then keep on getting the Groot ball-saver by continuing to focus on the roll-overs and shooting the appropriate lane when the letters are flashing.
    - Extra ball is lit as a random award from the collectors sink-hole... to be rewarded shoot the appropriate lit lane. The other random awards are also very helpful (e.g. advance mission start, 10 mil, max. multiplier, hold multiplier etc. so it is worthwhile spending some time on that hole. With practice it becomes a quick thing to do as the ball is ejected out from the hole and bounces such from the flippers that you can immediately take a shot again at the hole from the left flipper without first having to control the ball.
    - During some of the multi-ball modes, it is very worthwhile for big scores to focus on shooting the right character lane with the right character ball. It is relatively easy to do when the ball-saver is still active and then when you only play with two balls. You can change the character ball by shooting into the left sink-hole, but I usually don't bother as they seem to change the lit character that you have to shoot for often enough.
    - The mini-game with the blue and the green ladies... you can easily hit the 2 side little targets with a backhand shot from the respective flipper.
    - Multiplier is advanced by hitting the little orange button under the cross-ramp from the right top flipper a couple of times.
    Last edited by Cloda; 08-03-2014 at 09:32 PM.

I like the table if you make your shots you can keep the ball going forever. No extra ball for me yet.Yeah four winds the music is cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I'll request it one more time and then I should probably shut-up and make piece with the situation. Barbie, can we please have a table specific sub-forum where we can discuss the game-play etc. of each table without having to trawl through each platform specific thread for each table. If there is an issue with a table for a specific platform, it can be discussed under the bugs thread for that platform.
    I couldn't agree with you more. It can easily be done on the VBB software. Just look at the Pinball Arcade Fans forum. They have a sub-forum for each pinball table.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Back to Guardians of the Galaxy - This table reminds me allot of Sorcerer's Lair...
    For me, it reminds me The Avengers table more than Sorcerer's Lair.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    For me, it reminds me The Avengers table more than Sorcerer's Lair.
    Well a I would say a mix of both. The only similarities that attribute to sorcerer's Lair is the fact that you don't have to beat the modes/missions in order to get to wizard mode.

The fact that that each ball has a different palette is akin to Avengers and the fact that you can basically double your jackpots shooting the correct ball in it's lit lane.

I'm sure when you beat each mode the scores will soar even more. Still have to do that though but I can see that would be the case.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Well a I would say a mix of both. The only similarities that attribute to sorcerer's Lair is the fact that you don't have to beat the modes/missions in order to get to wizard mode.

The fact that that each ball has a different palette is akin to Avengers and the fact that you can basically double your jackpots shooting the correct ball in it's lit lane.

I'm sure when you beat each mode the scores will soar even more. Still have to do that though but I can see that would be the case.
    U don't have to beat the missions in avengers to get to wizard mode either

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    U don't have to beat the missions in avengers to get to wizard mode either
    Bingo! Not to mention, the way you start up the missions. That also feels similar to The Avengers. You don't hit at a mission hole of sorts (such as the cellar hole in SL), instead you have to hit a lane/target a certain number of times to start up a mission.

Default Dark balls

Am I the only one who is having trouble tracking the mission balls on this table?
    It seems as such a weird design choice to me, to have dark balls on a relatively dark play-field.

The layout is very cool. Clean and simple.
    But the dark balls make it almost unplayable for me