Results 1 to 78 of 78

Thread: Update Regarding Pinball FX2s Release on Xbox One and Table Transfers

  1. #1

    Default Update Regarding Pinball FX2s Release on Xbox One and Table Transfers

    First of all, wed like to thank you all for your feedback on our announcement of the Xbox One version of Pinball FX2. We cannot underestimate the importance of your support, insight, and yes, even criticism regarding our projects.

    We have a few announcements to make affecting Pinball FX2 fans and particularly the Xbox One version of the game.
    Microsoft and Zen Studios have taken your feedback to heart, and seeing that many of you were very upset with the news that table transfers between Xbox 360 and Xbox One would not be happening, we have some good news for you! We will be able to implement table transfers on Xbox One starting from Pinball FX2s launch. Any available table on Xbox One that was previously purchased for Xbox 360 can be imported to the new version free of charge.

    However, as this process will take a bit more development time for the game, Pinball FX2 version of Xbox One will see a slight delay from its original release date this week to next month. We apologize to any fans affected by this delay, but we pledge to make it up to you by incorporating this highly desired feature.

    Once again, we cannot thank you enough for your support through this process, as well as Microsofts, who took your feedback very seriously and worked with us to implement this feature. And again, we do apologize for the delay while we create the Pinball FX2 experience that our fans both want and deserve. Were excited to bring Pinball FX2 to Xbox One owners, to have their previous purchases honored and transferred, and we cant wait to share with you what weve got coming in the future.

    We thank you for your continued support!

  2. #2
    Member Ozzpot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    86

    Default

    The other day, I predicted to a friend that PFX2 would get it's content transfer, but will consequently be delayed 3-4 weeks.

    I was totally right! It's going to be agony to prolong the wait, but thanks so much to all at Zen and MS that worked to ensure we have this option.
    35 year old professional digital artist, pool shark, collector of swords and electric guitars, gaming addict of 25 years.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzpot View Post
    The other day, I predicted to a friend that PFX2 would get it's content transfer, but will consequently be delayed 3-4 weeks.

    I was totally right! It's going to be agony to prolong the wait, but thanks so much to all at Zen and MS that worked to ensure we have this option.
    We really tried to not delay it, but it became apparent this week that we were not going to make it happen by launch, so a couple more weeks it is. I really think this will be worth the wait!

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    312

    Default

    As much as this totally bums me out, being so close to release, the end result is well worth the wait, so thank you!

    Is it really just a couple of weeks though, or is it going to be more like a full months delay?

    Please update us again when you have a date set in stone, thank you!

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBIAJ View Post
    As much as this totally bums me out, being so close to release, the end result is well worth the wait, so thank you!

    Is it really just a couple of weeks though, or is it going to be more like a full months delay?

    Please update us again when you have a date set in stone, thank you!
    Not sure - At the very latest, end of August, but we're going to work hard to get this ready ASAP.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Sounds good, I can live with that, and I'll be getting GotG to be going on with, on PS3/PS Vita, and of course now on Xbox 360, knowing that it will carry over, win/win!

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Does the transfer also apply to tables purchased on windows 8?

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xtantss View Post
    Does the transfer also apply to tables purchased on windows 8?
    No, this is just 360 to Xbox One.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    La Spezia - Italy
    Posts
    36

    Default

    thanks BarbieBobomb!

    It's an amazing news.
    I'm sorry for being so critical but the issue was really important to me.

    And Now... Come on with the Guardians table to buy!

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    5

    Default

    This is great news - I'm glad that Zen and Microsoft were able to work this out. I have every table for the 360, and was really looking forward to playing them on my Xbox One (without paying $100 again). Now I'll be able to continue to dominate my brother on every table on a new system. I guess I'll continue to collect every table on the new system as well - Guardians of the Galaxy looks great!

  11. #11
    Member PainkillerJTL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    40

    Default

    This is awesome news. I just bought an XBox One and can't wait to play all my tables at 60 fps in 1080P! Thanks for listening Zen and Microsoft and thanks for doing the right thing.

  12. #12
    Junior Member OSPerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    14

    Default Hip Hip Hooray!!

    I am estatic. Thanks for keeping up the good fight for us Zen. I will be buying a few of the tables I've been holding out for to come out for Xbox One.

    I couldn't be happier. Best video gaming news I've heard all Summer. I can't wait... but I can for this.

    Thanks BB for keeping us all up to date.

  13. #13
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    12

    Default

    awesome news! looking forward to trying out the new version also curious how it will compare to the Steam version.

  14. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    This is just for the tables you already own, or also for the new ones you buy later?

    If i buy a table on Xbox One, will it be transferred to xbox 360?

    Thanks for your efforts!

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Great news Zen, thanks for the continued support of this franchise and look forward to my continued support in return

  16. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default

    GOOD NEWS , I will now buy ALL new tables on the xbox one, just as I did on 360. Also noticed a post the other mentioning 3d on the xbox one. Good to see you have that in mind as well

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by videjuca View Post
    This is just for the tables you already own, or also for the new ones you buy later?

    If i buy a table on Xbox One, will it be transferred to xbox 360?

    Thanks for your efforts!
    I don't think so. I would guess you'd need to buy on 360 first, then import to Xbox One, but we won't know details until everything is set up and functional. I will post as soon as I know how it will work.

  18. #18

    Thumbs up

    Just wanted to say GREAT JOB, and THANKS for getting this taken care of! Very, Very, Very much appreciated!

  19. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hello,

    Thank you for all. table tranfers is a good news.
    But unlock achievements on xbox 360 works to Xbox One ?

    Thank you in advance

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korb View Post
    Hello,

    Thank you for all. table tranfers is a good news.
    But unlock achievements on xbox 360 works to Xbox One ?

    Thank you in advance
    No, achievements and leaderboards will be separate.

  21. #21

    Default

    I've added some achievement info to the FAQ for those interested.

  22. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I've added some achievement info to the FAQ for those interested.
    Very interesting thanks! So 1000 from the FREE table and close guess-timate of 450 extra gs at launch from bought tables.

  23. #23

    Question question....

    If the platform for pinball fx has been delayed, why are the tables up for download on xbox one right now? is it a glitch in the system? or is the release of the platform imminent and not weeks away like originally thought?

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Weird. There's nothing showing up on http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Search?q=Pinball%20FX2 right now, is it only via the console? I'm out right now so can't check, any info would be much appreciated, I'm just curious!

  25. #25

    Default hmm..

    this. through the console marketplace under add ons heading. all the tables are available for purchase and download but not the main pinball fx2 platform. Just curious happenings all over xbox live today....

  26. #26
    Member Ozzpot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    England
    Posts
    86

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shadow druid View Post
    If the platform for pinball fx has been delayed, why are the tables up for download on xbox one right now? is it a glitch in the system? or is the release of the platform imminent and not weeks away like originally thought?
    Quote Originally Posted by BBIAJ View Post
    Weird. There's nothing showing up on http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Search?q=Pinball%20FX2 right now, is it only via the console? I'm out right now so can't check, any info would be much appreciated, I'm just curious!
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow druid View Post
    this. through the console marketplace under add ons heading. all the tables are available for purchase and download but not the main pinball fx2 platform. Just curious happenings all over xbox live today....
    It was noticed earlier on by community members at other sites that the tables were up on the store but with nothing to play them on.

    It's not without precedent. I have seen day one DLC and/or associated media and content appear on the Xbox store for games that aren't out yet (usually due to delay).

    Obviously the person that schedules the store launch of DLC was not informed that the game is delayed or something. Human error somewhere along the line anyway. It's hardly a riddle wrapped in a mystery.
    35 year old professional digital artist, pool shark, collector of swords and electric guitars, gaming addict of 25 years.

  27. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Gah, such a tease, haha! I'm currently sat in a local coffee house playing GotG on my Vita, so it's no huge loss, I always have pinball in my pocket wherever I go.

  28. #28

    Default

    Don't worry about it - the game itself (Pinball FX2) isn't up yet so nothing is functional. I wouldn't try to purchase anything since you wouldn't be able to play anything yet

  29. #29

    Default hmm...

    thanks barbie!, was just curious.

  30. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    We really tried to not delay it, but it became apparent this week that we were not going to make it happen by launch, so a couple more weeks it is. I really think this will be worth the wait!
    Any idea when PBFX2 will be available on Xbox One...?! Maybe even a rough idea of where you are or an estimated time frame?

  31. #31
    Administrator crackervizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Posts
    330

    Default

    We are in the final phases of testing the import feature with Microsoft. As soon as this is done we can book a release date (it will be the soonest available Thursday) and announce that to you. We are VERY VERY close.

  32. #32
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    312

    Default Update Regarding Pinball FX2s Release on Xbox One and Table Transfers

    Fingers crossed for next week then (because, which ever way you cut it, two weeks from now isn't "very very close", and it will have been a 3 week wait by then)! I am literally dying (and counting down the days all over again), until I can start streaming Pinball FX2 to my small, but dedicated, group of followers.

    Keep up the good work guys and girls at Zen, the wait shall be more than worth it I am sure!
    Last edited by BBIAJ; 08-08-2014 at 12:06 AM.

  33. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    137

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBIAJ View Post
    Fingers crossed for next week then (because, which ever way you cut it, two weeks from now isn't "very very close", and it will have been a 3 week wait by then)! I am literally dying (and counting down the days all over again), until I can start streaming Pinball FX2 to my small, but dedicated, group of followers.

    Keep up the good work guys and girls at Zen, the wait shall be more than worth it I am sure!
    I think by very, very close they are referencing the announcement not the actual release date of the game. It would be nice and no problem getting excited but i wouldnt get my hopes too high for something as soon as next week just incase.

  34. #34
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    312

    Default Update Regarding Pinball FX2s Release on Xbox One and Table Transfers

    I'd like to put forward a notion for not telling us the release date until the Wednesday/day before the game releases, that way the wait is only a few hours, not a week or two! Anyone else agree?
    Last edited by BBIAJ; 08-13-2014 at 10:17 AM.

  35. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Release dates have been given for The Walking Dead on all platforms apart from Xbox One, does this mean that there has been a hitherto unheard of delay to Pinball FX2 on the XB1, or shall you just be announcing a date for the TWD table on XB1 once a date is known for the full game proper?

  36. #36
    Administrator crackervizzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Northern California, USA
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Pinball FX2 is out now on Xbox One! Make sure to read the FAQ people!

    https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-On...a8355a?lc=1033

    Please enjoy the game.

    HUGE thanks to ID@Xbox and Microsoft for helping us get the table import feature done for all of you!

  37. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    312

    Default

    OMG, I could kiss you all!

  38. #38
    Junior Member OSPerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    14

    Default YeeHaw!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    Pinball FX2 is out now on Xbox One! Make sure to read the FAQ people!

    https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-On...a8355a?lc=1033

    Please enjoy the game.

    HUGE thanks to ID@Xbox and Microsoft for helping us get the table import feature done for all of you!
    YeeHaw!!!

    Been watching daily, checking the forums multiple times per day for the past couple of months.

    Actually saw it on MajorNelson's blog first.

    Thank you, thank you!

    Downloading now.

    I'm coming for some of your scores. Are you downloading this crackervizzo? I'm gunning for your scores.

    I'm also going to download and purchase the newest Star Wars pack and Dr. Strange, since I had been holding out for Xbox One.
    Last edited by OSPerry; 08-14-2014 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention I'm downloading new DLC tables too!

  39. #39
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crackervizzo View Post
    Pinball FX2 is out now on Xbox One! Make sure to read the FAQ people!

    https://store.xbox.com/en-US/Xbox-On...a8355a?lc=1033

    Please enjoy the game.

    HUGE thanks to ID@Xbox and Microsoft for helping us get the table import feature done for all of you!
    I look forward to starting it up. I hope you take another look at the achievement list and kind of balance it out.

  40. #40
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    1

    Post Xbox One and Windows 8 Table demos

    Steam has table demos for the tables you do not own, Xbox One and Windows 8 (app) should get this feature. I'll buy them anyways but other may like this.

  41. #41

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    No, this is just 360 to Xbox One.
    So, the expectation is that I will repurchase tables I'm using in the Windows 8 XBOX Pinball FX2 or visa versa? VERY disappointing.

  42. #42

    Unhappy Disappointing

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    No, this is just 360 to Xbox One.
    So, the expectation is that I will repurchase tables I'm using in the Windows 8 XBOX Pinball FX2 or visa versa? VERY disappointing.

  43. #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    2

    Default

    finally its not possible to transfer walking dead table ?? excellent, I bought yesterday on 360 because you says that the import of new tables its possible.

    good work guys, I eat the walking dead table but you dont see my money again

  44. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by silvan View Post
    finally its not possible to transfer walking dead table ?? excellent, I bought yesterday on 360 because you says that the import of new tables its possible.

    good work guys, I eat the walking dead table but you dont see my money again
    You will be able to eventually. They said they are working on it.

    Get in line, pal...

  45. #45
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hello, first I would like to say thanks for the free xbox one download of the table purchased on the xbox 360 !
    I was really happy about that and I decided to purchase new tables on my Xbox One but when I tryed to download it on the 360 that couldn't be done for free !

    Why not implementing the reverse offer for users who are still playing on both Xbox 360 and One ?

  46. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    312

    Default

    I'm not sure as for the exact reasons behind it, but it's the same on the PS3/4, you can't do it in reverse, from the PS4 to the PS3, only PS3 to PS4 for some reason.


    Hit me up on Twitch @BBIAJ

  47. #47
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,634

    Default

    It's because the 360 doesn't recognize XB1 content. It's the same for the PS3, which can't recognize PS4 content.

  48. #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default The walking Dead and new table request

    As someone who has purchased many tables for xbox 360 and xbox one, I am upset that I can't get the walking dead on xbox one even though I paid for xbox 360.

    If I had known this was to be the case I'd prefer different tables on each console or a clear notice on checkout that it won't ever be a free transfer (or can't currently transfer) and not up to me to wonder why it wants to charge again after I am stuck having made the purchase.

    As a secondary point if most tables are only going to be Marvel or Star Wars then i for one won't buy future tables in those ranges. My favourite tables are the xbox 360 only tables.

    How about more Zen tables and more than 10 gamersscore per table.

  49. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Zen have already said that they are working on all new original tables, so keep an eye out!


    Hit me up on Twitch @BBIAJ

  50. #50

    Default

    Well they could link the xbox 1 purchases to 360 and vice versa ala purchase history. Just ask ms to do so. There is no importing being done here as the x1 and 360 versions are fully converted versions you can get. My guess is its mostly financial reasons why they wouldnt want that. Just link it to purchase history. Make it so both are crossbuy's. So still not seeing their watershed arguments as to why it cant be done.

    My guess is the outrage over the x1 rebuying tables made them do a double take and were fully ready and prepared to make us doubledip and buy again (while blaming ms when they had the most to benefit from the situation). Only when they had the backlash did they realize this would be bad in the long term from their users who bought lots of tables on 360.


    Really hope it wasnt just a few tables for crossbuy and now we will be hearing more "excuses" why the newer tables can't magically "import"

  51. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    312

    Default Update Regarding Pinball FX2s Release on Xbox One and Table Transfers

    I can't see Zen doing it for financial reasons, as they already allow owners of Zen Pinball 2 on PS3/PS Vita to import those tables for free.

    As for crossbuy working vice-versa, that's not true, as the Xbox 360 can't read your Xbox One's purchase history.


    Hit me up on Twitch @BBIAJ
    Last edited by BBIAJ; 09-04-2014 at 04:17 PM.

  52. #52

    Default

    BB okay thats a possibility but if pushed ms could change that for retrograde crossbuy

    Regardless still not seeing why the newest table released after the crossbuy can't be brought in when every single other x1 table works with it. Its already there made for x1 no "importing" just make it free to buy. Still feeling alot of b.s coming from them no offense. I also starting to suspect they are trying to stretch this out on purpose under the guise of working on it. Trying to grab a few people who grow impatient or accidentally click buy not realizing its not supported by crossbuy. Nowhere outside the faq do they warn users its not under crossbuy twd table.

    And yes in court you could rule they didn't sufficiently inform consumers and were misleading for the record. You could argue that they didn't take enough steps to make that clear.

  53. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterkoz View Post
    Well they could link the xbox 1 purchases to 360 and vice versa ala purchase history. Just ask ms to do so. There is no importing being done here as the x1 and 360 versions are fully converted versions you can get. My guess is its mostly financial reasons why they wouldnt want that. Just link it to purchase history. Make it so both are crossbuy's. So still not seeing their watershed arguments as to why it cant be done.
    If only it worked that way. It is not that easy. This is a new platform that is not the most ideal set up for importing/cross buy entitlement, but we are working on making it work. It's not just a 'push this button to enable cross buy' type of thing, there is a lot more to it.
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 09-04-2014 at 05:07 PM.

  54. #54

    Default

    Was that entitlement comment meant to be a slur? Because it sounded kinda insulting

    We were told we'd get crossbuy support. Twd is a new table released after crossbuy was announced as supported. Its the only title thats not currently supported. The x1 version is already there and made ready to be enabled for previous users. So I'm sorry if i or others fail to see what the holdup is about when technically/logistically its hard to see what the issue involves.

    Alot of users myself included spent alot of money on tables and continue to do so. Alot of users essentially voiced their opinion that they would not be happy with that decision of not allowing crossbuy on x1. Zen finally agreed to it. In the longtime it saved them i think from alienating longtime customers who don't wanna repurchase their boards again on the new system. As it stands it was a smart decision because more than a few people have commented that they had enough with buying all that only to have to buy them again for the new system


    Now to follow up on what zen said they'd do. There's no entitlement as zen is still getting customers on the 360 end. Nobody wants to pay 2x for the same product.
    Last edited by peterkoz; 09-04-2014 at 04:41 PM.

  55. #55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterkoz View Post
    Was that entitlement comment meant to be a slur? Because it sounded kinda insulting

    We were told we'd get crossbuy support. Twd is a new table released after crossbuy was announced as supported. Its the only title thats not currently supported. The x1 version is already there and made ready to be enabled for previous users. So I'm sorry if i or others fail to see what the holdup is about when technically/logistically its hard to see what the issue involves.

    Alot of users myself included spent alot of money on tables and continue to do so. Alot of users essentially voiced their opinion that they would not be happy with that decision of not allowing crossbuy on x1. Zen finally agreed to it. In the longtime it saved them i think from alienating longtime customers who don't wanna repurchase their boards again on the new system. As it stands it was a smart decision because more than a few people have commented that they had enough with buying all that only to have to buy them again for the new system


    Now to follow up on what zen said they'd do. There's no entitlement as zen is still getting customers on the 360 end. Nobody wants to pay 2x for the same product.
    It was most definitely not a slur - cross buy entitled just means that a game is transferable from one platform to another. This is not a comment about you, or players, in any way. It is referring to the game and nothing more. For example, our tables on PS3/Vita are cross buy entitled, meaning you can purchase on one, and use the cross buy feature to play on the other.

    When you say, 'The x1 version is already there and made ready to be enabled for previous users,' that is unfortunately not the case. Each piece of DLC is a separate product ID and they don't all have identical functionality. I know it's weird and hard to understand why that is. Again, we are working on getting The Walking Dead import functionality working. Really sorry for the delay, but like I said, new platform, new challenges. We know people do not want to pay twice for the same product, and we don't want them to. If we did, we would never have bothered with delaying the game just to get the imports working for the originally released table library on Xbox One.

  56. #56

    Default

    My sincerest apology bomb if i misinterpreted your comment.

  57. #57

    Default

    Too many people seem to have difficulty grasping the idea that this is a Microsoft store issue.

    Ever since the early days of the PS Vita, (I know what you're thinking, "Did the Vita have any other kinds of days?") PSN has been ready to go with cross buy, since it was a planned - and key - feature for the platform to be able to play/transfer games from console to handheld. The basic foundation to enable cross buy functionality has been in the Playstation store for years and as a result caused no issues with the move to PS4. Microsoft, XBL, and the Xbox Store have never implemented any such foundation for cross buy - they are at the disadvantage of having never needed it before. If and when they ever implement a better system for cross buy in anticipation of it being useful for future products, it will take some time in its own right, even if it's something they're working on now. Implementing something that affects their digital marketplace in such a fundamental way is something they can't rush, lest they risk breaking the entire thing and causing all kinds of other problems both for Microsoft and its customers. Cross buy for things like this (i.e., individual Pinball FX 2 tables) will likely have to be handled on a case-by-case basis until such time that Microsoft restructures its store to streamline the process of enabling cross buy as needed, as unfortunate and inconvenient as that is.

  58. #58

    Default

    I understand that crossbuy cross platform transfer is a new thing ms. I'm not that unreasonable still.

    But this is a brand new table just released. I assumed that they got everything worked out in that regard since they said essentially crossbuy was ready. I assumed this being their first table after C.B that the infrastructure for this latest game would be enabled. The older tables okay i understand it will take time to update them to x1 level. This is a table that was released at the same time on both platforms. Why's it taking so long to switch this one over to download for free on the marketplace?? instead we are getting stuff that sounds like importing problems on a board already recoded for x1.

    Its very hard to understand what the difficulty is here. They enabled all the other x1 tables except this new one that literally came out just recently

    Also why aren't they putting up a disclaimer on the marketplace warning users its not crossbuy compatible currently?


    I'm pretty sure if you took a poll right now of users who bought 360 wd you'd find alot of them were expecting the x1 crossbuy as well.

  59. #59

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterkoz View Post
    My sincerest apology bomb if i misinterpreted your comment.
    No worries! The word 'entitlement' gets pretty abused these days, so I understand why it would come across as a negative. Apologies for using dev-speak and not being more clear

    Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie View Post
    Too many people seem to have difficulty grasping the idea that this is a Microsoft store issue.
    Yep - and that's understandable. I don't expect everyone to be an expert on how everything works or why something doesn't work the way it is expected to. Leave it to us to understand and figure out, so you all can focus on the fun part: playing games!

  60. #60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterkoz View Post
    I understand that crossbuy cross platform transfer is a new thing ms. I'm not that unreasonable still.

    But this is a brand new table just released. I assumed that they got everything worked out in that regard since they said essentially crossbuy was ready. I assumed this being their first table after C.B that the infrastructure for this latest game would be enabled. The older tables okay i understand it will take time to update them to x1 level. This is a table that was released at the same time on both platforms. Why's it taking so long to switch this one over to download for free on the marketplace?? instead we are getting stuff that sounds like importing problems on a board already recoded for x1.

    Its very hard to understand what the difficulty is here. They enabled all the other x1 tables except this new one that literally came out just recently

    Also why aren't they putting up a disclaimer on the marketplace warning users its not crossbuy compatible currently?


    I'm pretty sure if you took a poll right now of users who bought 360 wd you'd find alot of them were expecting the x1 crossbuy as well.
    It's not the table itself that is causing the problem, so it has nothing to do with the way it is coded. It only has to do with the marketplace infrastructure, which is handled by Microsoft, and not us. We are working with them to enable transfer from 360 to One, and it's not as easy as it seems from a player's point of view. Just know that we are doing our best to make this happen, it just takes time.

  61. #61
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    It's not the table itself that is causing the problem, so it has nothing to do with the way it is coded. It only has to do with the marketplace infrastructure, which is handled by Microsoft, and not us. We are working with them to enable transfer from 360 to One, and it's not as easy as it seems from a player's point of view. Just know that we are doing our best to make this happen, it just takes time.


    I know that u couldt go deeper into this, but Minecraft was released today and the content transfer from 360 to xbox one is working flawless... So, if its a xbox marketplace problem, i really dont understand how Minecraft is working and pinball fx2 dont.

    ʹm almost giving up and i will pay the 9,99 for the fx2 core tables.

  62. #62

    Default

    In Minecraft's case, it was announced at E3 in 2013...before the Xbox One even launched. It was meant to be a launch window title, and is vastly more popular than Pinball FX 2. I honestly can't recall if there was an announcement for Pinball FX 2 on Xbox One before July 2014, but Microsoft has had considerably more time to prepare for the launch of Minecraft than for Pinball FX 2.

  63. #63

    Default

    I've updated the Xbox One FAQ - see here for details.

  64. #64
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    2

    Exclamation Transferring issue

    I have tried all the ways that you had mentioned to transfer the Marvel pack including Wolverine from Xbox 360 to Xbox One to no avail. It is still showing that I need to purchase them on XOne. Any help is appreciated.

  65. #65
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    La Spezia - Italy
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zamboski View Post
    I have tried all the ways that you had mentioned to transfer the Marvel pack including Wolverine from Xbox 360 to Xbox One to no avail. It is still showing that I need to purchase them on XOne. Any help is appreciated.
    almost no one has yet been able to import Marvel Pack (togheter with excalibur and earth defense) take a look to the other thread, FAQ.

  66. #66

    Default New Bethesda on XB not cross-buy...

    Bought the new tables on my 360. Got home turned on my XB1 fired up FX2 and shock I am told I have to buy them on the XB1. Called MS and was told new tables, bundles and any tables added in the future will not be cross-buy. When I asked about tables that have not been yet brought to the XB1 by Zen that I have had for a long time was told that if those tables do come to the XB1 they will not be cross-buy and I would need to buy them again.

    If this is the case you need to update your thread to give this information.

    Thanks,
    SteampunkPagan.

  67. #67

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteampunkPagan View Post
    Bought the new tables on my 360. Got home turned on my XB1 fired up FX2 and shock I am told I have to buy them on the XB1. Called MS and was told new tables, bundles and any tables added in the future will not be cross-buy. When I asked about tables that have not been yet brought to the XB1 by Zen that I have had for a long time was told that if those tables do come to the XB1 they will not be cross-buy and I would need to buy them again.

    If this is the case you need to update your thread to give this information.

    Thanks,
    SteampunkPagan.
    That is not the case. The import issue is being looked into. Just for future reference, don't contact Microsoft support first when it comes to our products, they often give incorrect information.

  68. #68

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    That is not the case. The import issue is being looked into. Just for future reference, don't contact Microsoft support first when it comes to our products, they often give incorrect information.
    Thanks and I will let the folks in the Pinaholics Club know as well it is a hot topic by the 200+members there right now. Others have gotten the same reply from MS. I will go post right now and link this.

  69. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    312

    Default

    Any news on camera angles fixes yet Barbie, and an option to adjust the safe zones?

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  70. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteampunkPagan View Post
    Thanks and I will let the folks in the Pinaholics Club know as well it is a hot topic by the 200+members there right now. Others have gotten the same reply from MS. I will go post right now and link this.
    Sorry about that. Not sure what the deal is whit MS support, how frustrating. I'll do my best to update this with more info about this issue once I have any news. Thanks for spreading the word!

  71. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BBIAJ View Post
    Any news on camera angles fixes yet Barbie, and an option to adjust the safe zones?

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Sorry, nothing to report at the moment.

  72. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    312

    Default

    No worries, I'm sure the new Bethesda pack will keep me busy in the mean time!

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  73. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteampunkPagan View Post
    Bought the new tables on my 360. Got home turned on my XB1 fired up FX2 and shock I am told I have to buy them on the XB1. Called MS and was told new tables, bundles and any tables added in the future will not be cross-buy. When I asked about tables that have not been yet brought to the XB1 by Zen that I have had for a long time was told that if those tables do come to the XB1 they will not be cross-buy and I would need to buy them again.

    If this is the case you need to update your thread to give this information.

    Thanks,
    SteampunkPagan.
    A fix for this import issue will be rolling out over the next 24 hours.

  74. #74

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    A fix for this import issue will be rolling out over the next 24 hours.
    Any compensation possible for those of us that already paid for the Bethesda packs for both the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One?

  75. #75

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
    Any compensation possible for those of us that already paid for the Bethesda packs for both the Xbox 360 and the Xbox One?
    Sorry, I don't know what to tell you other than you might check with MS for a refund.

  76. #76
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    16

    Default

    The cross buy issue has been resolved as of 2 hours ago Pacific Standard Time.

  77. #77
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1

    Default License transfers ....

    Hi,

    I just purchased some additional tables today on my xbox 360, and I later downloaded them on my xbox One and it recognized I had previously downloaded them so that was good. However, I purchased some more on my xbox one later on this evening, and I am unable to simply download them on my xbox 360. It is asking me to pay for them again.

    I called microsoft support, and they said it has to do with the publisher only allowing license to the specific console. The customer support rep said that purchases in the past had both xbox 360 and xbox one listed on it; however, the ones I bought today only said xbox one on the license for the table (I bought a star wars collection with 4 tables, the portal table, and Fox collection today). Ultimately, the xbox customer service rep said it's the choice of the developer/publisher whether or not to allow license across consoles.

    Is there anyway this can be fixed? I love the tables and this game, but I cannot justify buying the same content twice.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks!


    Edit: sorry...I saw on the faqs that transfers are only xbox 360 to one. Will this ever change? I'm going to see if I can get a refund and re-download.
    Last edited by Vindex; 04-09-2017 at 10:49 PM.

  78. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vindex View Post
    Hi,

    I just purchased some additional tables today on my xbox 360, and I later downloaded them on my xbox One and it recognized I had previously downloaded them so that was good. However, I purchased some more on my xbox one later on this evening, and I am unable to simply download them on my xbox 360. It is asking me to pay for them again.

    I called microsoft support, and they said it has to do with the publisher only allowing license to the specific console. The customer support rep said that purchases in the past had both xbox 360 and xbox one listed on it; however, the ones I bought today only said xbox one on the license for the table (I bought a star wars collection with 4 tables, the portal table, and Fox collection today). Ultimately, the xbox customer service rep said it's the choice of the developer/publisher whether or not to allow license across consoles.

    Is there anyway this can be fixed? I love the tables and this game, but I cannot justify buying the same content twice.

    Any help would be appreciated.

    Thanks!


    Edit: sorry...I saw on the faqs that transfers are only xbox 360 to one. Will this ever change? I'm going to see if I can get a refund and re-download.
    Sorry, I don't have any news on whether this will change, though I doubt it will anytime soon. You'll want to request a refund from Xbox support and repurchase. Apologies for the hassle!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •