Thread: High scores not showing up in leaderboards

Banned

Default High scores not showing up in leaderboards

While all of my scores are showing up locally, most of my high scores are not showing up on the Leaderboards. Thus, when I beat a friends high score, he or she doesn't know it...

Similar problem. My highscores show up under my friends name on the leaderboards. Which is cool for him but shitty for me

Greetings,

Well it was working fine last night when I had a quick go... even got #1 amongst my friends...

So far this issue is only occuring on the sorcerers lair table for me

Banned

I'm in the exact same situation. 90% of the time I play single player games at sorcerers lair

Banned

Still not resolved. On one table, scored 139 million. Leaderboard shows only 57 million.

I lost a score of 1,155 billion on sorcerers lair, it was on the overall leaderboard for over a day, while my other scores were showing up on the friends leaderboard then some lower score replaced the score on the overall leaderboard

Banned

I feel your pain, brother. While I appreciate all the hard work that must have went into getting this on the XBone and porting most of our previously purchased games from the 360 over, I'm starting to get seriously ticked my highest scores aren't the ones showing up on the leaderboards. Now that the weekend is over, I hope some attention is going to be brought to this issue. I hate to sound ungrateful but I did purchase every single table on the 360 and spent almost $20 on all the new ones available on Xbox One... If they somehow fix this issue by the time I sit down to play Monday night, I will kiss their feet (in the cyber sense, of course.)

The worldwide tournaments mentioned in the FAQ as "special feature/enhancements" are going to be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by coldgin96 View Post
    I feel your pain, brother. While I appreciate all the hard work that must have went into getting this on the XBone and porting most of our previously purchased games from the 360 over, I'm starting to get seriously ticked my highest scores aren't the ones showing up on the leaderboards. Now that the weekend is over, I hope some attention is going to be brought to this issue. I hate to sound ungrateful but I did purchase every single table on the 360 and spent almost $20 on all the new ones available on Xbox One... If they somehow fix this issue by the time I sit down to play Monday night, I will kiss their feet (in the cyber sense, of course.)
    If you had every table on the 360....what tables did you spend $20 for on the Xbox One??? All of the tables on the Xbox One have been on the 360 before now (unless there are tables hiding in the XB1 market place somewhere that I haven't seen).

More on topic. I also am now seeing the leader board issue. Everything seemed fine, but then I noticed a friend showing as the king of the Avenger table where none of my friends had shown as playing it before. I look at their top scores and they are 14mill and 11mill. I was showing as 5mill. Then I look at the local high scores and sure enough...I actually had a 23mill score (yet it's not counting that as my ranking score against my friends).

As I see it...I have no reason to play this game at this time. The achievements are messed up (or at least I am screwed out of 20gs) and no reason to play for competitive fun amongst friends (as it is messed up too). So if you are just looking to smack the ball around it seems good to go, but if you want achievements or glory....I think it is waiting for patch time.

B.. b...but its all in 1080p! I think you are too quick to complain.

Apart from the leaderboard problems, flipper lag, table import issues, missing tables, inferior achievement structure and random crashing its otherwise all OK!

Thanks for the reports, everyone! We are working on figuring out what is going on with your scores, so sit tight!

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post
    B.. b...but its all in 1080p! I think you are too quick to complain.

Apart from the leaderboard problems, flipper lag, table import issues, missing tables, inferior achievement structure and random crashing its otherwise all OK!
    Ha, made me smile.

Yeah, unfortunately right now FX2 is a bit of a dud on the Xbox One. Disappointing to say the least. I fear for FX3 and Castlestorm in the future. They were Day One purchases for me but I think I'll pass now. I'm finding that with the One you've really got to dial your hopes and expectations down to nearly zero and take it from there.

Banned

[QUOTE=DugFreez;53671]If you had every table on the 360....what tables did you spend $20 for on the Xbox One??? All of the tables on the Xbox One have been on the 360 before now (unless there are tables hiding in the XB1 market place somewhere that I haven't seen).

I'm sorry, my bad. Thanks for clearing that up. When purchasing the XBone last year, we turned in our 360. I assumed the tables I had not seen that must of been released before becoming available on the XBone were new for XBone launch.

Bottom line is, I have purchased every table available to me and has a consumer spending hard earned money, I expect to get what I paid for. I know they are working on it and I appreciate the acknowledgement I have received from team Zen.

In the meantime, my girlfriend and I are having a blast!

Banned

Tuesday night, August 19th, issue still not resolved.

Looks like system is posting last score to leaderboards rather than highest.

It's all coming back to me.

Having a good time playing.
    Last edited by coldgin96; 08-20-2014 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Deleted "condescending" remark

Yup the XB1 version is great and thanks to Zen for all their efforts to get the transfers sorted and release it ASAP... But you know I just don't want to play until the scores thing is sorted... I am not a great player but I don't want someone else mega score attributed to me or my decent score coming up with someone else name or pic....

I think there may be a little more to this than meets the eye.... If it was just zen's code I am guessing it would be fixed already or we would have a firm eta rather than silence... My guess is that it is the MS server side code that needs sorting and therefore two parties involved and it taking a lot longer.... in any event just some word on how long it should take, quick or slow would be welcome.

BTW Zen.... when it is sorted will all the high scores be reset or are you able to salvage them.... either is ok by me I would just like to know before I invest more time or not in high scores.

Cheers

x Big Pete x

Quote Originally Posted by x Big Pete x View Post
    Yup the XB1 version is great and thanks to Zen for all their efforts to get the transfers sorted and release it ASAP... But you know I just don't want to play until the scores thing is sorted... I am not a great player but I don't want someone else mega score attributed to me or my decent score coming up with someone else name or pic....

I think there may be a little more to this than meets the eye.... If it was just zen's code I am guessing it would be fixed already or we would have a firm eta rather than silence... My guess is that it is the MS server side code that needs sorting and therefore two parties involved and it taking a lot longer.... in any event just some word on how long it should take, quick or slow would be welcome.

BTW Zen.... when it is sorted will all the high scores be reset or are you able to salvage them.... either is ok by me I would just like to know before I invest more time or not in high scores.

Cheers

x Big Pete x
    Should be salvageable but we're still working on it.

Banned

BarbieBobomb,

Thank you for taking the time to once again acknowledge and comment. It's good to hear from someone on your end concerning this. Makes me feel better anyways.

My heart sinks when I spend 20+ minutes on a single game and my high score doesn't count for anything.

For now, I'm taking the attitude that I'm getting warmed up and reacquainted with the tables.

Another issue with Leaderboards which I don't believe has been mentioned yet - all players who appear as online also appear as having the same Gamerpic as whomever is browsing the Leaderboards. Obviously a much more minor concern, but I thought I should point it out just the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DiaLogical View Post
    So far this issue is only occuring on the sorcerers lair table for me
    Its happining on every table game is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie View Post
    Another issue with Leaderboards which I don't believe has been mentioned yet - all players who appear as online also appear as having the same Gamerpic as whomever is browsing the Leaderboards. Obviously a much more minor concern, but I thought I should point it out just the same.
    I've gotten this report a few times, so we're looking into that too. Thanks!

When ive finished a game on sorcerers lair i get a high score then on the same screen it shows on the leaderboard that my friend has my score... ill try and attach a pic... Im SenileElf and my mate is malcy81, i got the score of 58mil but it shows up as he got it. and back on the main screen on the local leaderboard it says i had 42 mil but on the main leaderboards it said i had 18 mil.... This has happened a couple of other tables as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by SenileElf View Post
    When ive finished a game on sorcerers lair i get a high score then on the same screen it shows on the leaderboard that my friend has my score... ill try and attach a pic... Im SenileElf and my mate is malcy81, i got the score of 58mil but it shows up as he got it. and back on the main screen on the local leaderboard it says i had 42 mil but on the main leaderboards it said i had 18 mil.... This has happened a couple of other tables as well.
    Yeah, I recently posted about this on the Wii U platform. It appears to be a known issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Everly View Post
    Yeah, I recently posted about this on the Wii U platform. It appears to be a known issue.
    cool mate, thanks for replying... its annoying especially when i get a high score and it doesnt record it properly.

Im not seeing all my friends scores... on the marketplace i see a lot of friends own multiple tables and cant find them in the game itself. Seems for me the vast majority of friends only have scores registered for Sorcerers Lair (naturally) but on going a little deeper i clicked on one friend, saw she had the Cosmic Cube achievement for Cap America unlocked so went ingame and checked scores for that... she was nowhere to be found. Its even worse when i dont see any scores what so ever for friends who have over 20 tables...

Is there some long delay between registered scores and the leaderboards accepting them for others to see or is this another glitch were getting as teething problems kick in?

Quote Originally Posted by Skode View Post
    Im not seeing all my friends scores... on the marketplace i see a lot of friends own multiple tables and cant find them in the game itself. Seems for me the vast majority of friends only have scores registered for Sorcerers Lair (naturally) but on going a little deeper i clicked on one friend, saw she had the Cosmic Cube achievement for Cap America unlocked so went ingame and checked scores for that... she was nowhere to be found. Its even worse when i dont see any scores what so ever for friends who have over 20 tables...

Is there some long delay between registered scores and the leaderboards accepting them for others to see or is this another glitch were getting as teething problems kick in?
    We're submitting a patch to fix the leaderboards on Xbox One, hopefully this issue will be resolved after the patch.

Banned

BarbieBobomb,

Thank you for the update. If it works, you have no idea how happy I will be. My girlfriend and I absolutely love PBFX2. We have every table available and will are looking forward to new tables when our scores count for something. It's a important issue when spending money is involved.

I know your team has a lot going on and appreciate this issue being worked on. I hope the people making this game take pride in the fact they have made some really fun tables. I was having a blast playing the Fantastic Four table last night but went back to playing Forza 5 when my high score was replaced by my last score.

BarbieBobomb,

Thank you for the update. If it works, you have no idea how happy I will be. My girlfriend and I absolutely love PBFX2. We have every table available and will are looking forward to new tables when our scores count for something. It's a important issue when spending money is involved.

I know your team has a lot going on and appreciate this issue being worked on. I hope the people making this game take pride in the fact they have made some really fun tables. I was having a blast playing the Fantastic Four table last night but went back to playing Forza 5 when my high score was replaced by my last score.
    Same here this is actually the only game my gf plays on 360 and xbox one and I've got a lot of games

Just to add: my highscore seems to randomly change on the Friends-leaderboard. One day it was 173 million, then it was 47 million and now it's 34 million.

Banned

Either the patch hasn't been submitted or it doesn't work.

I know, "Sit down, shut up and be patient." I will try from here on out to not bring it up untill it's fixed.

I should be (and am) grateful I don't have to hear my girlfriend complain every day she's not working about there not being Pinball on the XBOne. I'm sure she'll be just as grateful when my scores matter and I want to play PBFX2 more.

It won't matter as much when those other guys release their tables if their leaderboards work as we will probably gravitate towards them untill the these are fixed.
    Last edited by coldgin96; 08-28-2014 at 06:23 AM. Reason: Feeling a little guity I keep complaining but I'm a paying customer and it's been 2 weeks

While all of my scores are showing up locally, most of my high scores are not showing up on the Leaderboards. Thus, when I beat a friends high score, he or she doesn't know it...
    Glad to know a fix is on its way just got 144m on dr strange it showed me as leader then after I played different table shows me as 2nd with 4m? Now I've also lost Mars ff4 & epic quest scores after playing them. Update... It's actually getting worse every time I play a different table I'm losing my high scores & now their not even showing in local high scores but still showing at end of game screens? Think I'll stop playing until the patch is out.
    Last edited by gazuk73; 08-30-2014 at 03:30 PM.

Either the patch hasn't been submitted or it doesn't work.
    It has been submitted, but it takes a few business days to get through certification with MS. I will post as soon as I know an ETA.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    It has been submitted, but it takes a few business days to get through certification with MS. I will post as soon as I know an ETA.
    Hi Barbie,

I just lost a 270 mil score on the leaderboards, can't even see it being owned by any friends on my list. is the patch addressing this?

Quote Originally Posted by calavera999 View Post
    Hi Barbie,

I just lost a 270 mil score on the leaderboards, can't even see it being owned by any friends on my list. is the patch addressing this?
    Yes, it should be.

Banned

Default Girlfriend doesn't want to play anymore

Just great! Now, because of the leaderboard problem, my girlfriend doesn't want to play! She is disheartened by the fact when she gets a high score better than mine, it doesn't show.

NOW we have a problem!

Just great! Now, because of the leaderboard problem, my girlfriend doesn't want to play! She is disheartened by the fact when she gets a high score better than mine, it doesn't show.

NOW we have a problem!
    It's been over 2 weeks now since the patch was submitted to MS, Iv'e assumed there was a problem with it.

Maybe it's just taking super long for some reason.

We have just released a patch! Please update Pinball FX2 and let us know if you continue to have issues with the leaderboards.

We have just released a patch! Please update Pinball FX2 and let us know if you continue to have issues with the leaderboards.
    Just loaded up & all update has done is wipe my local scores ie end of game on dr strange says I'm 1st with 144,769,068 but game menu leaderboard says I'm 2nd with score of 1,017,00 so very dissapionted that I've seem to have lost some good scores. Can anyone confirm they've regained any score's unlike me

Same here. For example on Sorcerer's Lair the local leaderboard has been wiped. My highscore on the post game screen is c.646,000,000 but on the friends leaderboard it is only c.20,000,000.

Quote Originally Posted by Campotech View Post
    Same here. For example on Sorcerer's Lair the local leaderboard has been wiped. My highscore on the post game screen is c.646,000,000 but on the friends leaderboard it is only c.20,000,000.
    exactly the same as me i've lost 7 good scores i even played a couple of games on those tables to see if that would correct it & maybe update the leaderboards but no luck still only showing on the end of game scores but not in menu.

Maybe the patch is to stop it happening again & not to restore lost scores?

just read on the Pinball FX2 on Xbox One FAQ thread what the patch actually fixed i didnt suffer from the gamer tag problem so Hopefully my problem will be eventually fixed. i have the ps4 version so can always play that until problems are solved.
    Last edited by gazuk73; 09-25-2014 at 06:21 AM.

Banned

First of all, I want to thank my sponsors for keeping this thread alive since this is my main problem with FX2. I posted my latest feelings in the faqs section of this forum but figured I owed this crowd my findings also since I started this thread and it's a issue that is most important to me.

Right, the latest patch did nothing to fix the problem but at least we can hear the ball rolling on the table now.

Of course I don't know how the work dynamics of Zen work but I wish the team that makes new tables would put all that on hold until this issue is fixed. Judging by all the other rants, it has a lot of gamers not wanting to play anymore and I can't blame them. It's been almost 6 weeks and really, that is quite ridiculous by any standards. My girlfriend doesn't want to play anymore because when she beats my high score, it doesn't show.

Don't get me wrong, I love Zen's tables, have 37 tables on the Xbox One and when they fix the import issues will have 43. However, if Microsoft and Farsight can get their tables released before this issue is fixed, we will be playing other tables until said issue is fixed. It's really, really old...

I want to add I am grateful that Zen makes themselves available via these forums and email. Thank you.

Of course I don't know how the work dynamics of Zen work but I wish the team that makes new tables would put all that on hold until this issue is fixed.

The artists and the programmers are not necessarily the same people. It's more than likely that there is no overlap. Now, I can't say for sure how each table is designed, and there may be some programming involved in the creation of each table (depending on whether or not the creation tools in use allow the table designers to designate which parts of the tables award points, trigger missions, etc., and how robust they are), but it also isn't necessarily the case that crowding multiple programmers around the same problem is going to get it solved any more quickly - particularly if they weren't initially involved in engineering the leaderboards system as it currently exists.

The artists and the programmers are not necessarily the same people.
    They aren't.

We'll be submitting another patch to fix the other leaderboard issue (where the lower score pops up rather than the actual high score you achieved). This is something we're (again) working with MS on to figure out the best way to fix. The last patch was to fix the issue with scores being attributed to the wrong profile.

The last patch was to fix the issue with scores being attributed to the wrong profile.
    Ah, that explains why only the post-mortem is working properly. I guess my other post can be disregarded.

Edit: Except that I just saw a bogus high score attributed to me in the top 5, even though my actual high score is much, much lower.
    Last edited by TV_Junkie; 09-26-2014 at 02:31 AM.

Banned

They aren't.

We'll be submitting another patch to fix the other leaderboard issue (where the lower score pops up rather than the actual high score you achieved). This is something we're (again) working with MS on to figure out the best way to fix. The last patch was to fix the issue with scores being attributed to the wrong profile.
    Well hey, you know, any further rants from me aren't going to solve the problem.

I am grateful BarbieBobomb took the time to acknowledge the specific problem and update us. Thank you.

I'm sure my girlfriend and I will dance when said issue is resolved. I know it may sound silly, but as gamers who love Pinball, it's that important to us.

Banned

Next Wednesday it will be 2 MONTHS since I first reported this issue. Expect to hear from me again. My girlfriend says I look like a meanie every time I bring it up but I can't help it. I would rather have working scoring rather than more tables we don't want to play. Last night, I played Spider-Man and scored 284+ Million. I won't play it again until leaderboards are fixed. Why? I don't think I can beat that score anytime soon and I want my best, not my last, score posted. I know you say you working on it but come on, you have to admit, two months is RIDICULOUS!

Next Wednesday it will be 2 MONTHS since I first reported this issue. Expect to hear from me again. My girlfriend says I look like a meanie every time I bring it up but I can't help it. I would rather have working scoring rather than more tables we don't want to play. Last night, I played Spider-Man and scored 284+ Million. I won't play it again until leaderboards are fixed. Why? I don't think I can beat that score anytime soon and I want my best, not my last, score posted. I know you say you working on it but come on, you have to admit, two months is RIDICULOUS!
    We're not just going to 'forget' that the leaderboards don't work, as we are in the process of figuring out a fix for them. You don't need to report this issue daily.

Banned

Ok, no problem. The last time I brought it up was 2 weeks ago and I won't mention it again until the 2 month anniversary of me first reporting it which will be next Wednesday.

Thank you for the reply.

Played Wolverine last night. I am impressed by the detail on the new console.

Ok, no problem. The last time I brought it up was 2 weeks ago and I won't mention it again until the 2 month anniversary of me first reporting it which will be next Wednesday.
    Hmm... I would recommend against being the next peterkoz.

As noted in the Xbox One FAQ, there is an update going live tomorrow to fix the leaderboards.

Banned

Hmm... I would recommend against being the next peterkoz.
    Trust me, I'm really trying hard not to....

True to my word, I'm posting the fact it's been 2 months since I first reported this issue.

As if on que:

BarbieBobomb, thank you for the update. I hope it works.