Thread: Secret Reasons : What do you think they are?

Default Secret Reasons : What do you think they are?

So earlier those that follow Zen Pinball 2 on the Wii U were hinted that something is in the works for the console. So until anything is announced I figured we could start discussing our wish/dream/guess lists. Then we could see if anyone was correct. So I have four that I have been kicking around.

1. An announcement that in one fell swoop all missing tables are released with an update that fixes some tables bugs and finally provides us with a working leaderboard system.

Possibility 9/10 Awesome Factor of 3/10. Basically this is announcing, "You are getting what everyone else has had for the last nine months." It's hard to get real excited about that but at the same time it is hard not to be happy with new content. Zen is really good at what they do and it would be great to be a part of if.

2. The above announcement with an immediate announcement of our first official tournament and sales on all of the new tables to help make up for the wait.

Possibility 5/10 Awesome Factor 6/10 - The friendly competition of tournaments really adds to excitement of playing the game. I've really enjoyed being part of the Hyna Gang that has organized weekly tournaments and it has helped me develop skills and learn the tables better. While a sale on new releases isn't likely, it would send a message that Zen isn't just saying they are supporting the Wii U, but that they value customers that own one. Additionally, since the tables aren't available yet, running a sale out of the gate eliminates the inevitable complaints from the unlucky that purchased them full price the day before they went on sale. Those things alone double the awesome factor in my opinion

3. Announcing a Nintendo Themed table or table pack.

Possibility 2/10 Awesome Factor 9/10 Nintendo guards their IPs with Fort Knox like security and while Zen Studios has stated they have never been turned down when they have asked for licensing rights, I just don't see this being pulled off. Additionally, we would have to believe this/these table(s) would be exclusive to Wii U/3DS and I could swear I remember reading somewhere that Zen wasn't interested in doing exclusive tables as it creates negativity from the platform players they aren't able to play them. Still, the idea is just too great not to mention

4. Introduction of the all new Online Multiplayer Mode

Possibility 2/10 Awesome Factor 7/10 Several have commented on the Xbox One release that online multiplayer is missing and we on the Wii U side saw it had disappeared when it rolled to us over a year ago. The comment was made not many used it so it had been taken out. A comment was also offered that the online multiplayer feature was being completely overhauled and made better than ever. In an effort to put their money where their mouth is, Zen launches this new system on the Wii U first to show the support of the Wii U they have been talking about. Giving it a 2/10 possibility is probably a stretch seeing how we can't get leader boards working correctly. And less face it...when it comes to online features, Nintendo would be the last to be first

So what are your guesses?

I give this post a 5-10 of it happening lol!

Yeah, I'll be happy with fully working leader boards, fixes for some tables of which Spider-Man is really the only major problem I've seen, and all the content missing to us thus far. All might be a bit to ask for but it has been a while that they have been released on other formats so time will tell.

Now I'll go a little off the deep end as well and hope for some exclusive content. I give it more of a .5-10 but there is always a shred of hope right. Maybe Nintendo will start to reach out and get some interest in Zen and itself by doing something like this. I mean how many fans would want a Zelda themed table and it would spark interest in Zen's other tables as well even if they only came to dl just the Zelda ( Mario, Metroid, and what ever Nintendo themed table you want to replace Zelda with) table that might also spark an interest in marvel pack or a more know PvsZ. Yeah I'm half asleep so I must be dreaming but "It could Happen"!!!
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Scott and Tech!

I hear that post of yours loud and clear. The possibilities you named are plausible as to what we think is going on with the "secret reasons". I don't think MP is a thing to make a big deal out of. It's kind of the norm. Zen would just say what the big announcement is and then go on to say "as an add on to that, we've implemented MP back onto the game".

As for exclusives. It's as you said, Scott. Zen did say a while back that exclusives weren't something they were looking at because they want their tables to be played on every platform. Now I could go for a Nintendo themed table. Even if it's just one. That of course should be none other than the mascot of Nintendo itself, a Mario Bros themed table. That way, everyone would have had at least one exclusive table to their console. Wait though...I'm going somewhere with the exclusive thing!

Here's what I ACTUALLY believe she meant by "secret reasons". Now this may not be true or all of the info, but it's all I got for now. I believe that part of the "secret reasons" or whatever secret is that those that wanted the PBFX2 Core tables will FINALLY have their chance to get them on their console of choice. Basically the PBFX2 Core tables will no longer be exclusive to Microsoft and will come to other platforms. Still Ms. Spolsion Man, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Nightmare Mansion, Agents, Extreme, Buccaneer, and Speed Machine will still be on MS consoles due to dated coding, licensing issues, and console specific characters. I don't care about that anyway. Also Zen basically let the cat out of the bag with Ninja Gaiden coming to other consoles outside of PlayStation. Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 was exclusive to PlayStation because Team Ninja wanted the "Sigma" to stay with Sony. This may not be the case anymore. How do I know this is real? I don't. Zen answered someone's question on Facebook concerning Ninja Gaiden and their reply was, "Ninja Gaiden is a work in progress for both systems". That right there confirms that it's coming to other platforms outside of PlayStation. https://www.facebook.com/zenstudios *look at the August 14th post and go all the towards the bottom where the user asks about that table and Zen's reply*

So there it is. That's what I think is going on. I don't know if anything but the Ninja Gaiden table is true or not. I'm just speculating at this point. I certainly hope it's what I think. Heck, they can even surprise us more with a Mario table. That would REALLY be exciting. LOL
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

@Rafie I really want that My Little Pony table now that you mentioned it!

Stupid phone lol!
    Last edited by Tech101; 08-21-2014 at 04:03 PM.

Actually, I thought the reasons were what was announced earlier today - The four tables that are now coming to the Wii U. Maybe I'm wrong and I certainly hope I am because as I mentioned in my OP, these are things that have been enjoyed by owners of the other platforms for some time. That would sort of be how I would look at Ninja Gaiden possibility. If the exclusiveness of that table is being broken open so it will be on other platforms, why lead us to believe that the Wii U would especially benefit as opposed to the other consoles you have?

Just trying to read into things (which probably drives Barbie insane) if these tables were what she was referring to then the comment to come back to the Wii U doesn't make any sense. Why would you come back to the Wii U if all you get is what you already have?

If these four release were what she had in her back pocket then this conversation is probably breaking her heart. She was looking forward to finally giving Wii U owners something positive and my initial response is, "That's it?" That certainly isn't fair to Zen as they are one of the few that are providing much of anything for the console.

Having said that, let me get something off of my mind. Barbie, I am very sorry for anything I have ever said that has frustrated you. Like I mentioned in the above paragraph, I could see you thinking, "Nothing is good enough for these people" and I really don't want that. I really liked being part of this community when I was active and I am happy that you are the CM. When I express frustration over feeling left out, it is only because Zen Studios does work that is so much fun to be a part of.

When I read that Activision or Ubisoft isn't bringing there new FPS or other rated M title to the Wii U I couldn't care less because I don't play those types of games. But I do play Zen Pinball 2....I play it a lot, I love it a lot. I want Zen Studios to find success and grow not only on the Wii U, but in all of its projects. I am on your side and one of your biggest cheerleaders. I want you to be happy that I'm part of your community.
    Last edited by Everly; 08-21-2014 at 04:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everly View Post
    Actually, I thought the reasons were what was announced earlier today - The four tables that are now coming to the Wii U. Maybe I'm wrong and I certainly hope I am because as I mentioned in my OP, these are things that have been enjoyed by owners of the other platforms for some time. That would sort of be how I would look at Ninja Gaiden possibility. If the exclusiveness of that table is being broken open so it will be on other platforms, why lead us to believe that the Wii U would especially benefit as opposed to the other consoles you have?

Just trying to read into things (which probably drives her insane) if these tables were what she was referring to then the comment to come back to the Wii U doesn't make any sense. Why would you come back to the Wii U if all you get is what you already have?

If these four release were what she had in her back pocket then this conversation is probably breaking her heart. She was looking forward to finally giving Wii U owners something positive and my initial response is, "That's it?" That certainly isn't fair to Zen as they are one of the few that are providing much of anything for the console.

Having said that, let me get something off of my mind. Barbie, I am very sorry for anything I have ever said that has frustrated you. Like I mentioned in the above paragraph, I could see you thinking, "Nothing is good enough for these people" and I really don't want that. I really liked being part of this community when I was active and I am happy that you are the CM. When I express frustration over feeling left out, it is only because Zen Studios does work that is so much fun to be a part of.

When I read that Activision or Ubisoft isn't bringing there new FPS or other rated M title to the Wii U I couldn't care less because I don't play those types of games. But I do play Zen Pinball 2....I play it a lot, I love it a lot. I want Zen Studios to find success and grow not only on the Wii U, but in all of its projects. I am on your side and one of your biggest cheerleaders. I want you to be happy that I'm part of your community.
    The 'secret reasons' were the tables we announced today, it was just meant to be a "hey, don't stop playing now" kind of message. And thanks, Everly, I appreciate the apology. I totally get that the comments come from being passionate about the game, it is equally hard for me when I have to say "sorry nothing new" constantly. My main frustration is when I say "hey, we've not dropped support for Wii U, we're working on more, etc" and people ignore it (not necessarily you in particular though, you almost always respond). I really do love that we get to work on Wii U content, it's a cool platform, and the community is super passionate. This thread doesn't hurt my feelings at all - it really makes me happy to know that you guys are active and have so many ideas and suggestions for the game.

We're a growing team, but we are still pretty small, so it is totally crazy to me that we even publish on this many platforms and have so many projects going on at one time. The reality of it is that we get behind on some things, some projects take priority over others, things get shuffled/delayed and that means not everyone gets all the same DLC at the same time. It sucks, but that's just how it is. We really do want everyone to feel included, supported and heard. That being said, there is only one of me, and I can't always take the time to respond to every single comment, but I do make sure the team knows what you guys are asking for and talking about. Every "hey when are we getting more Wii U tables?" goes in my weekly report to the devs, and every "you guys should do Nintendo exclusives!" goes right in there too. I am listening! I just don't always have time to stop and chat

Since Disney owns Marvel and Star Wars now, is there any chance of Disney themed tables as a Nintendo exclusive? I know those will be right at home on 3DS and Wii U. I would like to see a Wreck it Ralph, Frozen, or Aladdin table.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    The 'secret reasons' were the tables we announced today, it was just meant to be a "hey, don't stop playing now" kind of message. And thanks, Everly, I appreciate the apology. I totally get that the comments come from being passionate about the game, it is equally hard for me when I have to say "sorry nothing new" constantly. My main frustration is when I say "hey, we've not dropped support for Wii U, we're working on more, etc" and people ignore it (not necessarily you in particular though, you almost always respond). I really do love that we get to work on Wii U content, it's a cool platform, and the community is super passionate. This thread doesn't hurt my feelings at all - it really makes me happy to know that you guys are active and have so many ideas and suggestions for the game.

We're a growing team, but we are still pretty small, so it is totally crazy to me that we even publish on this many platforms and have so many projects going on at one time. The reality of it is that we get behind on some things, some projects take priority over others, things get shuffled/delayed and that means not everyone gets all the same DLC at the same time. It sucks, but that's just how it is. We really do want everyone to feel included, supported and heard. That being said, there is only one of me, and I can't always take the time to respond to every single comment, but I do make sure the team knows what you guys are asking for and talking about. Every "hey when are we getting more Wii U tables?" goes in my weekly report to the devs, and every "you guys should do Nintendo exclusives!" goes right in there too. I am listening! I just don't always have time to stop and chat
    That is certainly fair enough. I'm happy that you appreciate the passion. Of course it is a bummer that some members of the community will lag behind at times. I know it isn't how you want it either, but when we know you want us here and you know we are anxious for what is coming then it keeps us on the same side which is always a good thing. I'm sure you get tired of saying "we haven't dropped support" and being able to support that statement with announcements like today's helps add credibility to it. I've told my nieces over and over that I'm Spiderman. They believed me when they were 5, now they are wanting proof, sort of putting me in a pickle.

But for the record, while Nintendo themed would be super fun, I know they wouldn't be available to Playstation or Xbox players, and that would be sad. I know how disappointing it is to not be able to play on a newly released table and I wouldn't wish that on any members of the community. I also totally agree that being a smaller developer, it really is crazy how many different platforms you have your fingers in. I'm sure I speak for both of us when I say I wish you had better success getting content onto the Wii U, but I know it is not for a lack of effort.

Thanks for taking some time to respond to the topic. It is nice to know that new things are coming and hopefully it will be the beginning of a trend.
    Last edited by Everly; 08-21-2014 at 05:50 PM.

The feel good topic of the century!! 😂😂😅

Well I guess that is that. I was wrong about the "secret reasons". LOL I'm wrong often and I know I tell you all that it's speculation at the end of the day. Most of it blind. However, that Ninja Gaiden table isn't blind. The PS4 and Xbox One doesn't have that table. The only people that were enjoying that table was the PS3 folks. Now it will be available to everyone...soon.

You really are a passionate guy, Scott. I can tell. When you're upset with Zen, you don't hold your tongue and you let them know. When you're happy with them, you write the illest poems I have ever heard for a video game. You keep fighting the good fight my friend.

@Tech- I don't know why, but a My Little Pony table would sell big time. My daughters would go CRAZY for that table. They loved Ms. Splosion Man and absolutely adored the music. I bet My Little Pony would have the same effect. Hahaha
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    You really are a passionate guy, Scott. I can tell. When you're upset with Zen, you don't hold your tongue and you let them know. When you're happy with them, you write the illest poems I have ever heard for a video game. You keep fighting the good fight my friend.
    Yeah, I'm sure I am perceived as a real Jekyll and Hyde in the community and I wish that wasn't so. My wife often says, "I don't think you realize how strongly you word things sometimes." Apparently even when I'm not upset or angry people will get the idea that I am. But there certainly are times when I have been less than happy with how things have transpired. When I got the Wii U I was so looking forward to being on the ground floor on the latest console and getting to play the more recent releases. Most people would look at that last sentence and say, "Dude, why did you buy a Wii U then" but even in hind sight it was the right choice for me.

It is true that Nintendo doesn't seem to play well with others and they are seriously behind the curve when it comes to online features. Sony's PS4 on the other hand is competitively priced and enjoys almost every latest release. Zen's launch of ZP2 on it seemed to have gone smoothly and they have had no problems arranging for importing of previously purchased tables from the PS3. But taking a step back, because I'm not really a First Person Shooter or Rated M type of gamer, there isn't very much on the gaming landscape that I'm drawn to. With the Wii U I get Zelda, Pikmin, Monster Hunter, and the upcoming Splatoon. Plus it appears that Zen Studios is just as passionate as I am. So while lesser companies may have given up (and many have), Zen is intrepid and I respect that.

Sure, if I had my drothers, I wish the Wii U and Nintendo enjoyed support from more developers (Farsight Pinball Arcade for instance) and I wish Nintendo didn't make it so difficult for those developers. But much like the leader board issue is with Zen...that is out of my control. I guess sometimes I need to remind myself that the choice I made means things may come late, if at all.

It is interesting that you mentioned a poem because I told myself I would come up with something when the Wii U gets a table the same time it came to everything else. I don't know anything about the Walking Dead. Never played the game or watched the show. The only thing I know about it is that Zen Studios based a new table on it and managed to get it released on the Wii U eShop the same week it was released on PSN and XBLA. Good for you guys! I can't say I super excited about the table, but I am excited that you were able to do that. I hope it is a harbinger of things to come and it is certainly something that we need to celebrate.

What do you guys think? A Poem, A Song, or some other Literary piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Everly View Post

What do you guys think? A Poem, A Song, or some other Literary piece?
    *chants* POEM! POEM! POEM!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    *chants* POEM! POEM! POEM!
    This X10!

Ok, I'll need to give this some thought so it is worthy of the community. Step one is to figure out the theme. Stay tuned, I won't keep you waiting long.

There you go, Scott! Poem it is....
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82