Thread: NA is not updating the new content

Default NA is not updating the new content

It's been an hour and 15 mins now since the shop updated and still nothing. Nothing on the home screen either about anything new.
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Zen is aware of the problem and we should have answers soon. That's all I know now.

A poem hangs in the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Everly View Post
    A poem hangs in the balance.
    I'm sure it would be the most epic of all poems!

Actually, I've had the worst time even coming up with a theme for it. Since I don't know much about TWD I can't really build much on that.

Actually, I've had the worst time even coming up with a theme for it. Since I don't know much about TWD I can't really build much on that.
    You might have to revise it with this mess that's happening lol.

If Zen pulls this off it will be impressive. Hopefully they get it worked out.

I'm sure Barbie's going to love this. As if she doesn't have enough crowd control to add this is just more of a pain!

I really wish Zen wasn't so snake bit with Nintendo and the Wii U. When something as simple as leader boards and getting approved content updated on the digital shop is this much of a chore, it is only a matter of time before they give up and focus on Sony. PSN seems to have it together.

They don't seem to have a problem in Europe! That's what I don't get.

Barbie's on Miiverse saying hopefully tomorrow it will update.

That's disappointing, it so much for north american wii u parity

Well she said should not hopefully so that's at least a little better.

Agreed, yet this is another example of something seemingly simple being made more complicated than it needed to be.

There is no easy button in life. If only......

Well, now i can dive back in to the Avengers table and see about getting to the final mission.

I wish I could play Spiderman bug free.

Also I've never even come close to seeing the final mission on that table! Probably never will either.

Any more news on the US update? I searched all over twitter and Facebook, and nothing. Last I checked, Zen Pinball 2 hasn't updated yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianvgplayer View Post
    Any more news on the US update? I searched all over twitter and Facebook, and nothing. Last I checked, Zen Pinball 2 hasn't updated yet.
    I know PAX is going on right now, but seeing how no one from Zen has said anything since yestready I don't have much confidence this will happen. NoA doesn't want Wii U owners getting used to having new content the same time the rest of the planet gets it. We can just stick to months later, all features not working versions we know and love.

Looks like no new content this week guys. The normal time the shop updates has past and nothing.

Move along people there's nothing to see here!

I know PAX is going on right now, but seeing how no one from Zen has said anything since yestready I don't have much confidence this will happen. NoA doesn't want Wii U owners getting used to having new content the same time the rest of the planet gets it. We can just stick to months later, all features not working versions we know and love.
    At least Wii U is getting updates to its tables without having to buy a new version. 360 is still stuck with the outdated update process where you have to pay for anything over 4 megs (though it's still getting new tables). It's a catch 22, and especially frustrating with the lack of activity on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    Move along people there's nothing to see here!
    I just want to hear an update on what's going on. Personally, I find it frustrating that there's a bug that everyone but Zen notices because it's "not noticed on their end". I wonder if that is the reason for the delay.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 08-29-2014 at 05:19 PM.

At least Wii U is getting updates to its tables without having to buy a new version. 360 is still stuck with the outdated update process where you have to pay for anything over 4 megs (though it's still getting new tables). It's a catch 22, and especially frustrating with the lack of activity on the forums.
    Give it some time. Nintendo just announced the New 3DS. Games developed for it won't work on the current 3DS. So there will be 3DS games that won't run on a 3DS. So if you want to play the new 3DS port of Xenoblade Chronicles on 3DS you need a New 3DS. As if Joe and Jane Public will know the difference between a New 3DS and a new 3DS.

Nintendo will never allow their consumers to be screwed less than others. Zen got the mighty Microsoft to change their import policy for XB1, but after over a year Nintendo is completely content for leaderboards not to work, no tournaments to be scheduled, and to keep new content from getting to its customers.

Give it some time. Nintendo just announced the New 3DS. Games developed for it won't work on the current 3DS. So there will be 3DS games that won't run on a 3DS. So if you want to play the new 3DS port of Xenoblade Chronicles on 3DS you need a New 3DS. As if Joe and Jane Public will know the difference between a New 3DS and a new 3DS.

Nintendo will never allow their consumers to be screwed less than others. Zen got the mighty Microsoft to change their import policy for XB1, but after over a year Nintendo is completely content for leaderboards not to work, no tournaments to be scheduled, and to keep new content from getting to its customers.
    I didn't even mention 3DS in this topic. I don't want to play the blame game, but I don't agree with Nintendo getting ALL the blame here. The company behind X-Type plus sorted out a similar issue with the leaderboards fairly quickly. Zen got MS to change their policy for XB1, but not their update policy for 360. I don't plan to get a XB1 ATM, and I don't want to buy one just to get the latest Zen updates. Anyway, I understand that it takes time, but I want to hear from Zen on what's going on with the Wii U update.
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 08-29-2014 at 05:36 PM.

I didn't even mention 3DS in this topic. I don't want to play the blame game, but I don't agree with Nintendo getting ALL the blame here. The company behind X-Type plus sorted out a similar issue with the leaderboards fairly quickly. Zen got MS to change their policy for PS1, but not their update policy for 360. I don't plan to get a XB1 ATM, and I don't want to buy one just to get the latest Zen updates. Anyway, I understand that it takes time, but I want to hear from Zen on what's going on with the Wii U update.
    I agree it would be nice to hear from Zen on what's happening. Granted, it will probably just be that they weren't released today, which we know, but it's disappointing we haven't heard anything from them here in their forum.

@Barbie This looks like a carbon copy of the last time the was no official announcement from NA about the New tables. The sad thing is once again it won't receive front page on the eshop.

We are still waiting on the official word from Nintendo on the release status. Sit tight.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    We are still waiting on the official word from Nintendo on the release status. Sit tight.
    Oddly enough I'm dl'ing them now but I see Europe is having issues lol! Can we ever get a smooth release.

Looks like Europe will see these tables either later today or tomorrow - North America now has the update & tables available for download.