Thread: Information on crashing issue of Zen Pinball 2

Default Information on crashing issue of Zen Pinball 2

I wanted to pass along every piece of information that I could to help kill this problem. I know it is experienced by many users, but I feel that most look at it like the leader board issue and have accepted it as a permanent feature of Zen Pinball, but I'm pretty sure it can be solved.

Background information:

I downloaded the trial tables of Walking Dead, Deadpool, and Guardians of the Galaxy. I have not purchased them as of yet. The download of the three tables took about 20 minutes. After the download completed I launched ZP2 which then proceeded to download an update that took about 2 minutes to download. The update was installed and then I got a quick message that Downloaded Content was being installed. No surprises there.

Once the game launched I did a quick tour of the main screen, noticed the new sound effects and then pulled up the leaderboards. Much like the previous update, this remarkably improved their functionality. I was able to scroll from table to table and the boards were immediately populated. I could move through the various screens of a single table and then move to another table. I could filter the currently viewed board and was starting to get excited and then I get the familiar LOADING board. In all honesty, if they work this well and someone wasn't aware of the issue and flying all over all of the boards, they may never notice this being an issue. So we can count that in the win column, but still not closed.

So I did one play through of each of the 3 tables that were downloaded, obviously reaching a new high score on each. I ran through the boards again, just because it was fun to see them working better, then hit the home button to return to the main Wii U screen and, as so often happens, I get a black screen and the console locks up. In order to turn it off you need to hold the power button for 4 seconds.

On the black screen you get this information:

An error has occurred. Hold down the power button for 4 seconds to turn off the console

Error Code 160-2719

1) 5.1.2
    2) WUP-101(02)
    3) FW401228737
    4) WBA4-0220-7375

As suggested by Tech, I was halfway expecting this as the problem seems to be more commonly encountered when scores are posted to the leaderboards. Since I had just played the three new tables and just sent three new scores to the server, I could almost predict this would happen and would suspect you would be able to replicate this error.

I had not encountered this crashing issue very often, but recently it seemed to be happening more. When I read Tech's comment about posting scores to the server, it suddenly dawned on me that because I had joined a group that runs their own weekly tournaments, I had been practicing more on the table of the week and thus posting higher scores than I had obtained previously. Hopefully this information and the codes will help the team determine how to kill this bug.

If there is any other information that any of us can get please let us help you make ZP2 for the Wii U as stable and reliable as we all want it to be. In closing, I like how the guy yells "NO!" when you lose the ball on The Walking Dead....it saves me the trouble of doing it.

The problems I'm referring to when I was talking about the scores uploading to the leader boards only applies to the Star Wars. The only problems I've ever had on ZP2 are the freezing of the system upon closing it out. For the most part ZP2 runs great for me. The Star Wars tables on the other hand runs horribly with Wi-Fi on. Unplayable!
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    The problems I'm referring to when I was talking about the scores uploading to the leader boards only applies to the Star Wars. The only problems I've ever had on ZP2 are the freezing of the system upon closing it out. For the most part ZP2 runs great for me. The Star Wars tables on the other hand runs horribly with Wi-Fi on. Unplayable!
    But I think you are on to something with the uploading of scores. Like I mentioned, I remember hitting it and then it seemed to go away. I assumed there was a fix that had been implemented, but recently as I have been practicing and getting better scores the crash seems more common.

Last night my review codes arrived and so I got to play some this morning. New high scores on all three tables and then I encountered the Zen Outlane Crash (that is what I am going to call it since you hit it as you are exiting the game....pretty smart huh?) All of the error codes are identical to what I listed in my original post. I also noticed another player tweeted about it with a screen shot. It is in Spanish I believe and some of the secondary codes are different, but the major 160-2719 code is the same.

I actually encountered the freeze when exiting before the update. I exited the game while using just the pad and suddenly I got this error message and realized I had to turn off the system using the button on the system.

Quote Originally Posted by Everly View Post
    I wanted to pass along every piece of information that I could to help kill this problem. I know it is experienced by many users, but I feel that most look at it like the leader board issue and have accepted it as a permanent feature of Zen Pinball, but I'm pretty sure it can be solved.

Background information:

I downloaded the trial tables of Walking Dead, Deadpool, and Guardians of the Galaxy. I have not purchased them as of yet. The download of the three tables took about 20 minutes. After the download completed I launched ZP2 which then proceeded to download an update that took about 2 minutes to download. The update was installed and then I got a quick message that Downloaded Content was being installed. No surprises there.

Once the game launched I did a quick tour of the main screen, noticed the new sound effects and then pulled up the leaderboards. Much like the previous update, this remarkably improved their functionality. I was able to scroll from table to table and the boards were immediately populated. I could move through the various screens of a single table and then move to another table. I could filter the currently viewed board and was starting to get excited and then I get the familiar LOADING board. In all honesty, if they work this well and someone wasn't aware of the issue and flying all over all of the boards, they may never notice this being an issue. So we can count that in the win column, but still not closed.

So I did one play through of each of the 3 tables that were downloaded, obviously reaching a new high score on each. I ran through the boards again, just because it was fun to see them working better, then hit the home button to return to the main Wii U screen and, as so often happens, I get a black screen and the console locks up. In order to turn it off you need to hold the power button for 4 seconds.

On the black screen you get this information:

An error has occurred. Hold down the power button for 4 seconds to turn off the console

Error Code 160-2719

1) 5.1.2
    2) WUP-101(02)
    3) FW401228737
    4) WBA4-0220-7375

As suggested by Tech, I was halfway expecting this as the problem seems to be more commonly encountered when scores are posted to the leaderboards. Since I had just played the three new tables and just sent three new scores to the server, I could almost predict this would happen and would suspect you would be able to replicate this error.

I had not encountered this crashing issue very often, but recently it seemed to be happening more. When I read Tech's comment about posting scores to the server, it suddenly dawned on me that because I had joined a group that runs their own weekly tournaments, I had been practicing more on the table of the week and thus posting higher scores than I had obtained previously. Hopefully this information and the codes will help the team determine how to kill this bug.

If there is any other information that any of us can get please let us help you make ZP2 for the Wii U as stable and reliable as we all want it to be. In closing, I like how the guy yells "NO!" when you lose the ball on The Walking Dead....it saves me the trouble of doing it.
    Thanks much!

So another crash today. I'm including any information that I can think of that may or may not be relevant.

Today I downloaded and installed Kickbeat for review purposes. Played it for about 30 mins or so. At around 8:30PM I launched ZP2 and started playing GotG solely on the Gamepad as my wife was watching Master Chef. I played 3 or 4 times on the table. No high scores but I did set a new weekly score. At 9:06PM I returned from my last game to the main ZP2 menu where you can choose a different table. I decided not to play anymore and pressed the home button to return to the home screen and encountered the Out Bound Crash will all of the same error codes that were reported earlier.

I distinctly remember that I was at the ZP2 menu screen and not the screen that is displayed after entering your initials that we usually use as a screenshot in Miiverse. Hope this helps.

Unhappy Happened to me Too today.

Alright I had downloaded the game today and tried some of the demo's. Then later today when I downloaded the Doctor Strange demo and tried it and then quit the game I had gotten the error as well.

I had to admit I was quite worried, I looked yo the error and saw I had to contact Nintendo. When I had looked up the error more on Google and saw other people expericing it as well I have to admit it was a sign of relief. Mii Verse helped out too.

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/...AADRUqGTiJo4kw

But now should I even bother Keeping this game and buying DLC for it, if this is so common? I almost don't want to take the risk...

Quote Originally Posted by RedBatman89 View Post
    Alright I had downloaded the game today and tried some of the demo's. Then later today when I downloaded the Doctor Strange demo and tried it and then quit the game I had gotten the error as well.

I had to admit I was quite worried, I looked yo the error and saw I had to contact Nintendo. When I had looked up the error more on Google and saw other people expericing it as well I have to admit it was a sign of relief. Mii Verse helped out too.

But now should I even bother Keeping this game and buying DLC for it, if this is so common? I almost don't want to take the risk...
    I had this same error as well this week. At the moment it's pretty common. I suggest to wait untill ZEN has solved this issue. If it takes them as long as solving the last issues, you should find a fix somewhere early 2016 (and no, I am not kidding... Last fixes also took way over a year...)

Quote Originally Posted by RedBatman89 View Post

The team is still investigating this - I will see if they have any updates or info on when to expect a fix.