Thread: Pro Scores not calculating all the time

Default Pro Scores not calculating all the time

This has happen to me multiple times now and when this happens it will not post a score. I'm losing hours to this. My very first Guardians game was 2nd in the world and it showing up as my top score but will not post because it did not calculate. Just check on Miiverse as this is a big problem with many users. I'm afraid to even play a game for fear I won't see any results from it. It happened last night on my Spiderman man game and it won't post it to the weekly screen but it did however show me twice as number one with my old score. That's also on Miiverse with a screen shot. Please fix this As this is far worse then anything up to date on the leader boards.

This is something that I definitely will use to not buy any more tables till it's fixed and I'll warn others off it as well.
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

This is the post from Miiverse you asked for Barbie

When I first load up the game I noticed even though I've posted a score already it's acting like it doesn't exists. In other words I have to beat the same friend scores all over again and when I do finish it will show me on the leader boards twice as though once again my other score didn't exist or isn't connecting to me. When this happens the end results don't calculate though and even though I can see them they never really post to the leader boards.

I now know when I turn the game on to look for if I need to beat friends scores first before I play. If they're there I need to close the game and try again. If they're not there (the friends scores low enough that I need to beat even though I already did) then I know I'm safe and they will calculate. In other words I need to keep opening and closing the game till I can see it works.

I'll be getting home tomorrow, so I'll keep an eye out for this. Is it on all the tables or just the new ones?

All of them. The only reason I know this is because of my Spiderman score did the same thing. Hopefully it is only a few people but at least I know what to look for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    This is the post from Miiverse you asked for Barbie

When I first load up the game I noticed even though I've posted a score already it's acting like it doesn't exists. In other words I have to beat the same friend scores all over again and when I do finish it will show me on the leader boards twice as though once again my other score didn't exist or isn't connecting to me. When this happens the end results don't calculate though and even though I can see them they never really post to the leader boards.

I now know when I turn the game on to look for if I need to beat friends scores first before I play. If they're there I need to close the game and try again. If they're not there (the friends scores low enough that I need to beat even though I already did) then I know I'm safe and they will calculate. In other words I need to keep opening and closing the game till I can see it works.
    Thanks Tech. Will forward to the team.

I have been seeing the same issue. This is frustrating.
    I also am loosing some of the sound effects during playing. Mostly the effects for the bumpers etc on the left side of the table...

Quote Originally Posted by tfhfony View Post
    I also am loosing some of the sound effects during playing. Mostly the effects for the bumpers etc on the left side of the table...
    It was suggested to me to move over ZP2 to system memory and so far Everything seems fine. Not sure if you have a hard drive bit if you do give it a shot.

How often does the sound issue happen? MOAR details pretty please!

I haven't noticed the scoring issue yet (I have it in system memory), but I'm wondering if it could have something to do with how soon the game is exited. Maybe making it so you could go back to the title screen before closing out would help?
    Last edited by Brianvgplayer; 09-03-2014 at 02:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    How often does the sound issue happen? MOAR details pretty please!
    I've had this twice now onthe GotG tables. When this happens, most FX disappear. Sometimes they come through for a short moment though. The only solution is to quite the game completely and to restart it. I've had it on the Buba the Hut table in SW Pinball as well a long long time ago.
    I don't know if it happens often: My wife needs some attention as well once in a while, so I haven't played the new tables as long as I would like ;-)

I've had this twice now onthe GotG tables. When this happens, most FX disappear. Sometimes they come through for a short moment though. The only solution is to quite the game completely and to restart it. I've had it on the Buba the Hut table in SW Pinball as well a long long time ago.
    I don't know if it happens often: My wife needs some attention as well once in a while, so I haven't played the new tables as long as I would like ;-)
    Thanks!

Well moving Zen to system memory has helped but since I've done this today is the second time I've got the pro score screen which means nothing counts. I seen it right away though and just played a dummy game to confirm it.

Also one crash on a close out since moving it to system memory. The crash occurred when I lost a ball and it was draining and I just held the power button to turn it off. I've noticed if you go to the table select menu before you close Zen out it helps a lot.

Well moving Zen to system memory has helped but since I've done this today is the second time I've got the pro score screen which means nothing counts. I seen it right away though and just played a dummy game to confirm it.

Also one crash on a close out since moving it to system memory. The crash occurred when I lost a ball and it was draining and I just held the power button to turn it off. I've noticed if you go to the table select menu before you close Zen out it helps a lot.
    Does it give you an error number when it crashes on close?

The same error code everyone else gets. Can't remember exactly what it was though.

The same error code everyone else gets. Can't remember exactly what it was though.
    Okay thanks - just wanted to make sure it was the same one!

Hey Tech, is this still an issue since the recent update?

I'm planning on getting some more tables soon, any advice regarding the issue? I have a couple of friends registered (they don't play much, though) so I can see the messages about beating/having beaten their scores, etc on the tables I already have (only F4, Sorcerer's Lair, Epic Quest).

Quote Originally Posted by gaz5021 View Post
    Hey Tech, is this still an issue since the recent update?

I'm planning on getting some more tables soon, any advice regarding the issue? I have a couple of friends registered (they don't play much, though) so I can see the messages about beating/having beaten their scores, etc on the tables I already have (only F4, Sorcerer's Lair, Epic Quest).
    Well as of about a week ago it still seems to be a thing. I personally haven't played in quite a while say 5 to 6 weeks but I seen a recent Miiverse poster post a screen shot of the glitch but he didn't know it was a glitch at the time. I would go ahead and dl any tables you want though. The easiest way to see if the glitch is active is to just play a dummy game and let the balls drop. If it calculates as usual you're good to go for that session. If all you see is pro score calculating on the results screen Then exit and restart. I don't seem to get it as much as I use to in the beginning. It will happen 1 out of 10 times now though.

Thanks man, so it just hangs on the "calculating" screen if the bug is active?

Thanks man, so it just hangs on the "calculating" screen if the bug is active?
    Yeah, the only thing it will say on the left side is pro score calculating or calculating pro score and you won't see you results posted to the leader boards. Usually one reset works for me to get it back to normal and then you can switch tables freely. Nice score on Epic Quest btw. You're one of the few whom have cracked the lame 2.147 billion mark since the last update.

Yeah, the only thing it will say on the left side is pro score calculating or calculating pro score and you won't see you results posted to the leader boards. Usually one reset works for me to get it back to normal and then you can switch tables freely. Nice score on Epic Quest btw. You're one of the few whom have cracked the lame 2.147 billion mark since the last update.
    Haha, thanks!

Lame indeed. The leaderboards look silly (on the few tables I have at the moment).

Haha, thanks!

Lame indeed. The leaderboards look silly (on the few tables I have at the moment).
    Yep... And this bug has been known now for 2 months, and again... ZEN is not in a hurry to solve this issue.... again. :-(

This is getting worse and people on Miiverse are starting to complain about scores not posting. I've had to restart my game no less then 10 times thus far because of this. I know what to look for for this glitch to occur but don't know the cause of it.

Indeed. We've had a cripled version of ZP2 for about 18 months now. And we have also been robbed of the possibility to play tournaments. C'mon Zen... Please solve this issue.

Sorry guys - will post if we have any updates coming.

Thanks for the response!

How long does it take to find out if there is an update coming or not?

Quote Originally Posted by billiethemancox View Post
    How long does it take to find out if there is an update coming or not?
    It varies, but like I said, I'll post when we have more news.

This probably doesn't help much since it's mostly a 'me to post', but I've had the pro-score not calculate problem. (not that it matters much that mine doesn't post. I'm not that good to count!) but my sound has also cut out several times now on the butters table. I haven't been able to reproduce it reliably but it happens in longer play sessions so far. I have a wii u deluxe running from internal memory (no sd card or hd attached)

Yesterday a nice score of 240M on the new Shouthpark table, but... again no pro-score calculation.

C'mon... ZEN Pinball 2 is availabe for over 1 1/2 year now, and we still don't have a decent working score-system... How hard can it be?

Yesterday a nice score of 240M on the new Shouthpark table, but... again no pro-score calculation.

C'mon... ZEN Pinball 2 is availabe for over 1 1/2 year now, and we still don't have a decent working score-system... How hard can it be?
    It's not pretty but I can tell you how to avoid this every time. When you first load up Zen select the first table and go to the leader boards. Next hit y and cycle to my scores. If you see scores you're good to play any table for as long as you want that session. If you see you have no scores posted (or something like that) and there is literally no scores what so ever the glitch is on and you must close it out and try again. Some times I'm good on my first try and other like 2 days ago I had to reset 4 times but it has never failed me. I post all my scores that I want.

I know this is just a work around yet again but unfortunately this is what we must do for now till and if it's ever fixed. Hope this helps.

It's not pretty but I can tell you how to avoid this every time. When you first load up Zen select the first table and go to the leader boards. Next hit y and cycle to my scores. If you see scores you're good to play any table for as long as you want that session. If you see you have no scores posted (or something like that) and there is literally no scores what so ever the glitch is on and you must close it out and try again. Some times I'm good on my first try and other like 2 days ago I had to reset 4 times but it has never failed me. I post all my scores that I want.

I know this is just a work around yet again but unfortunately this is what we must do for now till and if it's ever fixed. Hope this helps.
    Hi Tech101,

Thanks for the tip you offerec, but I already knew this and did this. And the first few rounds, my pro-scores were nicely calculated. But after the above mentioned game, it suddenly stopped. I tried another game in which I drained all 3 balls straight away and again no more pro-scores.
    So your tip does work, but is no guarantee if you keep on playing. At least not for me.

But thanks for thinking with me

Cool update

This is to Barbie. This is an update to the pro scores not calculating. The first thing I do when loading Zen Pinball 2 is go to any table then go to rankings. Once my friends scores show up I then hit the Y button. As long as I've posted a score on that table It should show a score under My scores. If it says you are not yet ranked on this scoreboard then I have to close the game and open it again till it does show a score.

I never lose scores because I know what to look for but many do not know. Because of this the pro scores will never calculate and post the score. I've had to open and close now going on 7 times and I've never had to do this this much just to make sure I'm going to post a score. Last thing, if you sign out for any reason while your score were showing it will give you the glitch again. This is random but does happen more times then not and to my knowledge affects everybody.

This is to Barbie. This is an update to the pro scores not calculating. The first thing I do when loading Zen Pinball 2 is go to any table then go to rankings. Once my friends scores show up I then hit the Y button. As long as I've posted a score on that table It should show a score under My scores. If it says you are not yet ranked on this scoreboard then I have to close the game and open it again till it does show a score.

I never lose scores because I know what to look for but many do not know. Because of this the pro scores will never calculate and post the score. I've had to open and close now going on 7 times and I've never had to do this this much just to make sure I'm going to post a score. Last thing, if you sign out for any reason while your score were showing it will give you the glitch again. This is random but does happen more times then not and to my knowledge affects everybody.
    Oh dang... Thanks for the details.