Thread: I'm now thinking everyone's different problems has to do with different Hard Drives.

Default I'm now thinking everyone's different problems has to do with different Hard Drives.

Think about it. Does Zen factor this in when the program for the tables and leader boards. All the other systems offer more memory then the Wii U so they don't have to worry about various different hard drives and how they may effect both Zen Pinball 2 and Star Wars. It makes sense as to why I'm not experiencing any problems sense moving ZP2 to the Wii U. Now that didn't work for Star Wars for me but so far so good on ZP2.

Look I'm just trying to figure this out so we all can get on the same page and fully enjoy everything Zen has to offer. I love you guys and I know I rant a lot but it's because of my passion for Pinball.
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

You might have something here. It may not be the size of the hard drive, but the speed. The 8GB hard drive might run slower than the 32GB.

On the PS3, if you go after a Solid State Hard Drive (SSHD) some games have a noticeable difference in performance. Especially on games that have mandatory installs.

I'm more or less talking about after market ones. So many different versions could be used and who knows what could happen when everyone is running different speeds.

As for the 8 gig I have one. So far ZP2 runs smooth on the system but Star Wars does not. I still think that has something to do with scores uploading to the servers.

Ok, let's release the hounds on this thing.

So just to make it more confusing, after a weekend with my in-laws I was able to play some today. I posted new high scores on all three tables, but never hit the Zen Outbound Crash. For trouble shooting purposes, I have a 1 TB Western Digital My Book Essential Hard Drive WDBAC0010HBK as my additional storage to my 32 GB Wii U.

Well I'm not sure what model mine is but I can tell you it's not powered. It also uses a y cable to get it to work properly.

Ah, yeah I got an externally powered HD because I remembered Nintendo recommended that as the Wii U USB ports weren't reliable to power an external drive.

I'm starting to wonder if the crash happens if you attempt to return to the Wii U menu while data is being sent to the external storage device. It might be a situation of WHEN you shut down the game and what it may be doing at that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Everly View Post
    Ok, let's release the hounds on this thing.

So just to make it more confusing, after a weekend with my in-laws I was able to play some today. I posted new high scores on all three tables, but never hit the Zen Outbound Crash. For trouble shooting purposes, I have a 1 TB Western Digital My Book Essential Hard Drive WDBAC0010HBK as my additional storage to my 32 GB Wii U.
    So you have no more crashing? At all? Let me know if it happens again!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    So you have no more crashing? At all? Let me know if it happens again!
    Well I've only got to play twice, but both times I posted personal best scores to the boards and when I quit the game it didn't crash. So perhaps the issue isn't related to a communication with the leader boards, but I'm sure the problem didn't just go away.

I'm paying close attention to everything I'm doing so when it happens again we can try to determine what the events have in common.