Thread: Ball Rolling Sound Effect?

Default Ball Rolling Sound Effect?

Now I know what you're thinking, most of you probably haven't even noticed it (yet!), but go and play any other version of Pinball FX/FX2, or Zen Pinball/2, and you'll notice that as you knock the ball around the playfield, that it makes a satisfyingly weighty ball rolling sound.

Now boot up Pinball FX2 on Xbox One. Hear that? That's right, you can't hear anything, because that sound effect isn't there!

Is this a conscious decision on Zen's part, or a bug that needs to be patched?

I'd love to know please Zen!

Hit me up on Twitch @BBIAJ

Quote Originally Posted by BBIAJ View Post
    Now I know what you're thinking, most of you probably haven't even noticed it (yet!), but go and play any other version of Pinball FX/FX2, or Zen Pinball/2, and you'll notice that as you knock the ball around the playfield, that it makes a satisfyingly weighty ball rolling sound.

Now boot up Pinball FX2 on Xbox One. Hear that? That's right, you can't hear anything, because that sound effect isn't there!

Is this a conscious decision on Zen's part, or a bug that needs to be patched?

I'd love to know please Zen!

Hit me up on Twitch @BBIAJ
    I'm curious about this too....the xbox one tables seem a lot more quieter in general than the 360 tables, and that must be why.....was there ever an answer for this?

The ball rolling sound effect seems to have been sneaked in somewhere at some point, I certainly don't remember it being there before, but it's incredibly quiet, even with the effects slider maxed out.

Quote Originally Posted by BBIAJ View Post
    The ball rolling sound effect seems to have been sneaked in somewhere at some point, I certainly don't remember it being there before, but it's incredibly quiet, even with the effects slider maxed out.
    Ya, i played around with the sliders a bit, without much success........the 360 tables sounded a lot better overall than the ones for the ONE. Wonder why they changed the overall sound environment, which seemed to be perfect on the 360

Hi, I just posted a new thread before reading this one, thought it was my xbox sound problem.

I am glad its not just me, I noticed the games feeling a bit empty while playing and then realised that the ball roll sound and also the bumper sounds are not on the xbox one versions.

Hopefully its a glitch that will be fixed soon as it makes a big difference while playing.