Thread: Controller sensitivity

Default Controller sensitivity

I hope I explain myself properly.

I play with the easy control method when playing minigolf.

I was using a generic PS3 controller. The X button started sticking. So I took the controller apart and gave it a clean. Before I cleaned it when you pressed the X button regardless of how light or hard you pressed the X button the line went semi fast around the power circle and you had to be good on your timing especially for short shots. After cleaning the controller it became a lot easier to get the timing on the power as the line now goes a lot slower around the power circle. The harder you press X button the quicker the line goes around the power circle. A light press of the X button has the line going around the power circle quite slowly. So in other words the X button in game is sensitive to how hard you press it. In a way the game became a lot easier.

I then bought an official Sony controller. With the Sony controller the slightest press of the X button has the line going around the power circle very fast. Whether you press the X button lightly or fully down you get the the line going around the power circle very fast. It's quite hard to do a short shot. It actually goes a lot faster than the generic PS3 controller and it goes a lot faster than the generic PS3 controller before I cleaned it.

I am now confused. When using the easy shot should the X button be sensitive to how light or hard you press it like it is with my generic PS3 controller or should it have the same speed regardless of how light or hard you press the X button like it does with my official Sony controller?
    Last edited by ennogs; 09-10-2014 at 08:36 PM.