Results 1 to 58 of 58

Thread: TITANFALL DLC was accidentally charging people

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default TITANFALL DLC was accidentally charging people

    Quote Originally Posted by peterkoz View Post
    Is anyone else seriously suspecting that Zen is dragging their feet on purpose?
    It's totally on Microsoft's side. The exact same thing is happening right now to Titanfall players who purchased the Season Pass, and has happened numerous times in the past with other games. (Like episode 3 of The Wolf Among Us and one of the Saints Row the Third DLC packs, for example.)

  2. #2

    Default

    I'm pretty sure if zen pushed ms to change the description thats easy enough to do. I refuse to believe they are that helpless in this matter. Its THEIR product being sold in their marketplace. If a producer of a product needs to get a warning out to stores ie: a Recall or product warning the business would do so

    So again your going to have us believe something as simple as a disclaimer cannot be applied? Change the description to warn against this not importing.

    Sorry but where i come from it smells like b.s either that or you guys literally are just pretending you care if we get charged again. That 60% does go into your pockets am i right? How many weeks has it been since TWD was released?

    sorry but it REALLY seems like you guys aren't pushing enough to rectify this at all given that its been several weeks by now and not even a quick MS put up a warning so we warn our customers. Its taking forever for this to be dealt with and honestly don't be surprised if people are wondering what the deal is.

  3. #3

    Default

    dyson you can bet that the titanfall pass will be fixed as fast as they can, I'm guessing by tonight

    Whereas twd import has taken how many weeks and still not going?

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default TITANFALL DLC was accidentally charging people

    yesterday.. titanfall released the 3rd DLC for that game. it was accidentally charging people who already had purchased the season pass and were supposed to be getting it "free" (included with the season pass).

    it was fixed within hours.

    not only was it fixed within hours, but microsoft is refunding those who inadvertently paid when it was supposed to be free to them.

    so, my question... why has the issue where people who are supposed to be receiving free upgraded tables on this game persisted for over 1 month?

    there are still 6 tables that try to charge me when i have purchased them prior on xbox360 under the same gamertag -- it's been 1 month+.

    any help/info would be appreciated.

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario_HTTR View Post
    yesterday.. titanfall released the 3rd DLC for that game. it was accidentally charging people who already had purchased the season pass and were supposed to be getting it "free" (included with the season pass).

    it was fixed within hours.

    not only was it fixed within hours, but microsoft is refunding those who inadvertently paid when it was supposed to be free to them.

    so, my question... why has the issue where people who are supposed to be receiving free upgraded tables on this game persisted for over 1 month?

    there are still 6 tables that try to charge me when i have purchased them prior on xbox360 under the same gamertag -- it's been 1 month+.

    any help/info would be appreciated.
    I have no idea. I don't work at Respawn, so I have no idea what their procedure was with MS.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I have no idea. I don't work at Respawn, so I have no idea what their procedure was with MS.
    maybe you should ask microsoft?

    it was all over their twitter support page.

    maybe you could ask microsoft what was the titanfall solution and relay it to your customers here?

    i absolutely adore your company, but being told for over a month "microsoft is looking into it" kind of stings when we can see other games with the same issue being rectified in less than 1/2 a day.

    i'm just saying.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mario_HTTR View Post
    maybe you should ask microsoft?

    it was all over their twitter support page.

    maybe you could ask microsoft what was the titanfall solution and relay it to your customers here?

    i absolutely adore your company, but being told for over a month "microsoft is looking into it" kind of stings when we can see other games with the same issue being rectified in less than 1/2 a day.

    i'm just saying.
    I don't think it was a workaround relayed to the customers, it had to have been a fix on MS side. Never said I wouldn't relay this to the bosses

  8. #8

    Default

    Maybe zen can shed some light onto why it is a pricing error for Titanfall can be fixed overnight but one for getting access to the x1 table version for previous owners seems impossible and takes so long?

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterkoz View Post
    Maybe zen can shed some light onto why it is a pricing error for Titanfall can be fixed overnight but one for getting access to the x1 table version for previous owners seems impossible and takes so long?
    See post 2. Also, Microsoft paid a very large sum to get console exclusivity for Titanfall. I'm sure a gigantic, console-selling, AAA title takes priority over a pinball game. I really think you should be addressing all these questions to Microsoft. Barbie already told you she doesn't know about how Microsoft deals with other game devs/publishers.

  10. #10
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    See post 2. Also, Microsoft paid a very large sum to get console exclusivity for Titanfall. I'm sure a gigantic, console-selling, AAA title takes priority over a pinball game. I really think you should be addressing all these questions to Microsoft. Barbie already told you she doesn't know about how Microsoft deals with other game devs/publishers.
    Not to mention, you're dealing with EA who is just as large as Microsoft's game division. Not fixing that goof up could result into a breach of contract. If they mess with them, then Microsoft's investors would really have something complain about. Many of them are already demanding for the game division to be spun off.

    Zen Studios on the other hand is just an indie game company, who are self publishing the game themselves this time. It's not like the Xbox 360, where Microsoft was publishing the game for them.

  11. #11

    Default

    Beginning to think it doesn't really matter this whole reporting what does or doesn't import thing. Zen is dragging their feet on this on purpose hoping people will bite the bullet and pay again. How many more months is anyones guess. Titanfall pricing error not even a full day, zen charging for the tables over a month. Hiding behind the excuse of not our fault its microsoft its their marketplace. Zen is a huge publisher not some tiny indie thing.

    Barb you don't have to be insulting to your customers. Its perfectly normal to question a companies motives that promised to do something about a month ago ask whats the problem and be annoyed by the huge delay. You'd be annoyed if a company took so long to rectify something they said they would deal with. Don't act as if you wouldn't do the same given the circumstances

    Not so much as a warning disclaimer on the marketplace. Doesn't help that Titanfall got fixed in less than 24 hours. You guys already have a x1 compatible version available, etc.
    Last edited by peterkoz; 09-27-2014 at 01:31 PM.

  12. #12

    Default

    Still can't import alot nor is there a rush to fix it. A month? yeah zen please take as many months as you need. Not like anyones waiting on this

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterkoz View Post
    Beginning to think it doesn't really matter this whole reporting what does or doesn't import thing. Zen is dragging their feet on this on purpose hoping people will bite the bullet and pay again. How many more months is anyones guess. Titanfall pricing error not even a full day, zen charging for the tables over a month. Hiding behind the excuse of not our fault its microsoft its their marketplace. Zen is a huge publisher not some tiny indie thing.

    Barb you don't have to be insulting to your customers. Its perfectly normal to question a companies motives that promised to do something about a month ago ask whats the problem and be annoyed by the huge delay. You'd be annoyed if a company took so long to rectify something they said they would deal with. Don't act as if you wouldn't do the same given the circumstances

    Not so much as a warning disclaimer on the marketplace. Doesn't help that Titanfall got fixed in less than 24 hours. You guys already have a x1 compatible version available, etc.
    Is there an echo in the room or are you gonna keep harping on about this. Comparing one company to another is redundant as is making repeat posts which do nothing to help the situation. Im also waiting on all these tables, i also bought them all but im also being patient - the only lack of patience i have for situations like this is people like you harrassing the staff who are trying to resolve it, people like you are great motivations NOT to fix issues because to quite frank with you - you are exactly the last kind of person who will be remotely grateful for when this does got fixed, entitlement much?

  14. #14

    Thumbs down

    peterkoz, why don't you take your manufactured outrage and your perceived betrayal over to Microsoft, where it might have some value?

    It's too bad you're not on the marketplace team, being such the expert on how long it takes to fix things that you are. I'm sure you'd have had this all cleared up by now.

    Also, Barbie never said anything remotely insulting. She's heard what you have to say, as have the rest of us. LIKE, THIRTY TIMES. Your complaints have been noted. And your accusations are misguided and baseless. And repeating them time after time after time and continuing to spew bile and vitriol serve no purpose here. Barbie kindly asked you to stop recycling the same sewage you keep pumping into this thread so that she can more easily take note of the issues and complaints of other users. Because, you know, you are not the only one. If anything, it's you who is insulting her and, by extension, the rest of us.
    Last edited by TV_Junkie; 09-27-2014 at 09:39 PM.

  15. #15

    Default

    Whats harassment bring attention to the fact that what was being promised hasn't been delivered adequately? If it was any other company that took a MONTH to deliver what they promised people would be pissed. Why people feel like sheltering zen and giving them a pass to take all the time in the world is beyond me.

    titanfall had a pricing error that was fixed in what a day maybe less? zen has had nearly a month and not so much as a disclaimer posted. How come they had no problem delivering on a marketplace error and zen seems to be the poor little marketplace publisher? I didn't complain thirty times so your specialty must be hyperbole and extreme exaggeration i assume. I find it ironic that I'm being called insulting when i'm merely pointing out the obvious. A company promised they'd deliver on something and it has been nearly a month + so call me what you want the facts speak for themselves. So say whatever names and insinuations you want the history speaks for itself. Yeah pat them on the head and go its okay we can wait as long as you need. And the need for a marketplace disclaimer? Not necessary.

    So yeah make false accusations of harassment to detract from their negligence and excuse them taking their time dealing with the issue.

  16. #16

    Default

    They have a separate x1 version made there is no importing technically. Titan fall got their pricing error for season pass owners fixed fast. Zen isn't some small publisher indie; pinball fx is the top selling game continuously on 360 and other consoles in their marketplaces.

    I seriously doubt they are so helpless and without clout as they wanna claim. A month implies they just don't care to fix the issue and take their time on purpose. They sure hurried the hell up when their was the complaints over the next gen boards not carrying over.Now that a few tables imported and fury has died down they have slowed down getting them to work.

    Almost like if you hired someone to work on your house and they only did 80% and promise to get to the rest and its obvious they don't care to get it done and taking all the time they need.

    They fixed the importing (so they claimed) in about 2 weeks or so they said they needed a month. Sadly the jobs not done. But now you have another month and still not fixed?

    yeah i may not know the exact details of this whole shifting blame game between ms and zen and who's at fault. But I'm not so quick to blame ms and defend zen. Zen seems to be playing the defenseless martyr card here.

    All i see is Titanfall pricing error for pass holders fixed by next day. Zen a MONTH for a pricing error on a x1 version. If any company took a month to deal with a problem adequately they should be called on it and not sheltered and coddled like a poor child.

    If Ubisoft or any other game company did this they'd get called on it for sure and no one would be going aww leave them alone its a small company. A month? seriously?? If they offered next gen importing/upgrading and nearly a month later it wasn't working like they said trust me nobody wouldnt be silent on that one

    So yeah accuse me of trolling or whatever. I'd rather be the vocal one who calls b.s as I see it. Wasn't the same kind of outrage what really pushed zen to allow importing to begin with? Great so why let up now?

    not the first company to promise something and not fully deliver or slack off once attention was diverted

    When zen announced the importing everyone was like YEAH zen your the best! patting them on the shoulder telling them how cool they are. Now a month later still not fixed and still no disclaimer

    you can't convince me they really care about fixing this as fast as possible. Easier to play dumb and blame others while still charging.
    Last edited by peterkoz; 09-28-2014 at 01:04 PM.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    317

    Default Pinball FX2 on Xbox One FAQ

    Going off of my own limited knowledge of the XBLMP, correcting the price of some DLC, compared to importing DLC from a previous generation of console, is two completely different things entirely, and therefore are not even remotely comparable.

    But hey, what do I know?

  18. #18

    Default

    Hello, I've been a lurker/reader for a while now and I was hoping my first post would be more positive...

    @peterkoz
    I don't know whether you get off on irritating people with your incessant repetitive ill informed rants, or that you are genuinely blind to what others are trying to tell you, but please get your facts straight before embarrassing yourself and at least make more believable comparisons like what BBIAJ's said above!

    Zen Studios are smaller than you're making out (50-100 employees). They're certainly not EA/Respawn (9300+/90ish employees - almost 100 times more employees), that get priority due to being more popular.

    If you haven't noticed, pinball is a niche market so wouldn't make much business sense for Microsoft to put them first...however unfair that sounds!

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by peterkoz View Post
    They have a separate x1 version made there is no importing technically. Titan fall got their pricing error for season pass owners fixed fast. Zen isn't some small publisher indie; pinball fx is the top selling game continuously on 360 and other consoles in their marketplaces.

    //Blah... Blah... Blah//

    All i see is Titanfall pricing error for pass holders fixed by next day. Zen a MONTH for a pricing error on a x1 version. If any company took a month to deal with a problem adequately they should be called on it and not sheltered and coddled like a poor child.

    //Blah... Blah... Blah//
    You are comparing apples with sausages.

    One pertains on one ecosystem. The other across two ecosystems that aren't compatible.

    Be patient and please listen to your host on this site who has been extremely patient despite your incessant whining.

    Microsoft initially wanted us to pay again for these tables and it sounds Zen are doing there best so we don't have to. You have lost absolutely zero by these tables not transferring yet.

  20. #20

    Default

    Where's the proof that microsoft wanted us to pay again? because i would be very interested to see the link to said evidence. Unless its zen saying that.

    Keep hearing people say that but not sure where they are pulling that out of it. Zen said that yeah i'm not surprised.

    Its been over a month so yeah accuse me of incessant whining or whatever insult you want to whitewash the facts. Doesn't matter because its been over a month and still no results. Words are cheap actions speak louder. So far they've done nothing to expedite this it seems. Nothing so much as a marketplace disclaimer.

    So yeah keep attacking me to deflect from the obvious. Defend them and their sluggish attempts at fixing it. Surprised so many wanna coddle them and pretend they are some little company so we should forgive a months+ delay whereas any other company would be slammed for such delaying


    Also it doesn't matter if they have 10 employees or 10,000 zen is a well established publisher which i'm sure has some clout with ms. I already mentioned that zen pinball is one of the highest selling games on the marketplace. Continuously on the best sellers lists. It's like saying mojang (prior to the recent sale) had no clout because minecraft sold so many copies.
    Last edited by peterkoz; 09-28-2014 at 03:36 PM.

  21. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston, MA
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Can you please start a "pointing fingers" thread and argue in there?

    Something different to report. Gamertag saintnick912

    Previously Earth Defense and Excalibur, when selected in the Zen Studios Collection tab, would show "Buy/Import Table $2.49" in the right pane. The Marvel Collection would similarly show "Buy/Import Collection $9.99" on the button.

    Now Excalibur still shows that, but the other two show "Buy/Import" without a price listed like the working imports did for me. When I click through though the prices are still shown. Don't know if this is some marketplace glitch where it just couldn't grab the price at that moment, but since it's different in the UI figured I'd report here.

  22. #22

    Default

    To EFF:

    Your absolutely right pinball is a small niche genre. But again PBFX2 is constantly at the top of the sellers list regardless of that fact. Its placement on the marketplace is prominent. Very Hard to navigate the marketplace and not come across a mention of it. Its what sells alot of numbers that means the most. Zen Pinball is very popular and sells alot of copies. Thats all that matters not company size or whatever.

    Given that fact i seriously doubt ms treats zen like some small indie outfit when they bring in the huge sales. Their titles don't sell small digits. I highly doubt ms treats them like a beggar when they come around asking for assistance. Aside from Minecraft i'm pretty sure zen is somewhere at the top in that list.

  23. #23

    Default

    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID@Xbox

    In the list of Notable Developers...at the bottom...Zen Studios.

    I think that's the reason people refer to them as an Independent Studio, you know, because they are!

  24. #24

    Default

    okay point taken

    but their sales of zen pinball,etc are not small. Implying they have no clout with MS is silly to say. Still stand by what i said for the most part.

  25. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Zen this is normal at the end of the list, in alphabetical order is placed xD.

    Here we are not debating the solvency of a company or the number of employees you have, we are trying to see that I was to come to this situation.
    perhaps delaying the launch of the game, could have solved such problems, for which the only thing they get is creating user discomfort and distrust in the company.
    one thing is to be patient, and quite another to take you hair.

    It is human to err but is also wise to rectify. tell that to Microsoft with the Kinect in One xD.

    It is true as another colleague commented above, the company has put all the means at its disposal to enable us to enjoy the content they previously bought, but honestly
    How many of you would be willing to buy the content again I integrate?
    None

    says the fellow who also lose nothing ... I disagree there as the classic content we have lost forever, like other tables like Rocky and Ms Splosion ... money thrown out the window.

    Forgiveness that is not happy and content, after carrying over two months since leaving the game and not have even a solution, I am in favor of this type of message, in which you can discuss in a civilized manner, and always with respect not only to the company, also to other users who do not feel as I said R.E.M

    Shiny Happy People

    we must be prepared for criticism and praise equally

  26. #26
    KickBeaten Down
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    919

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Sixty View Post

    says the fellow who also lose nothing ... I disagree there as the classic content we have lost forever, like other tables like Rocky and Ms Splosion ... money thrown out the window.
    Well, if that's the case, then every game made for Xbox 360 that was not ported to Xbox One and given away for free was money thrown out the window. That's like over 99% of Xbox 360 games.

  27. #27

    Default

    I honestly believe very very few people would buy again so they in essence had no choice to do so. Which was evident by the huge outcry of negativity to that plan. Pinballl fx 2 has been around for a long while and most people who used the 360 or any last gen console is familiar with Pinball FX. You either have those that A) Didn't care for it or B) Loved it and for the most part ended up buying most of the tables. Most like myself has accumulated a collection of tables. Its like a hundred bucks or so. And nobody wanted to buy not only the game again but all that content. If Zen didn't allow the importing i think they would have lost their fanbases loyalty. The responses were more akin to what i have to pay again for my content for next gen? No thanks and probably most or if not all would have skipped the next gen version.

    So yeah I'm sure they were completely thrown off by the level of response to that idea. Thing is they basically said okay we will have it ready but give us a month. Which everyone was like sure okay take a month to sort out any issues. Announced it was ready 2 weeks later but lets be honest wasn't ready as only a few tables imported. Now that they fury has died and they allowed a few imports they are taking their time it seems since nobodys on their backs anymore about it.

    I'm not trolling for the record and my outrage is sincere. I'm flabbergasted when people defend and coddle a company that got an extra month or so and still haven't fixed the issue. I'm probably the only one it seems taking them to task over this. Anyone else would have been blasted for this long a delay

    They said they would fix it fine but this long is ridiculous. Zen shouldn't be surprised I or anyone else would suspect feet dragging on this issue. But apparently people wanna defend this delay as normal. Somethings not right when one company is blaming the other and vice-versa for the problem. And at this point I'm more akin to blaming zen.

    so yeah go ahead attack me. I only wish more people were voicing their disapproval of this whole issue, I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one rolling their eyes going really zen? how much longer till its fixed? how many more months?

    I've had people say to me but they don't have to allow the importing as if they are doing a generous charitable thing.
    Actually you could claim that in the long run business wise they had no choice. It's obvious most people did not want to buy the same content yet again just for next gen. Thats 100 bucks on tables. Yeah I want to see a show of hands of who would honestly pay 100 bucks for tables again? Anyone? (Honestly though)

    Most people essentially said uhh no thanks zen and would have skipped the next gen version if not allowed importing.
    What they did was wise in the long run. The customers spoke and got what they asked for.

    Problem is they aren't following up completely on what they said they'd do. You know after kotaku, ign, and pretty much all the media has stopped glaring at them and the uproar has died.
    Last edited by peterkoz; 09-28-2014 at 11:03 PM.

  28. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    317

    Default

    I'd happily rebuy Earth Defense, Excalibur, and Marvel Original Pack. Hell, I was willing to buy all of Pinball FX2 under the original announcement deal.

    And at launch, ALL of the tables DID import, it was just the delayed release of the three above mentioned tables for which the majority are having issues, and some are continuing to have issues with the Core pack.

    TWD should be sorted, in time, and yes, after GotG imported no problem, it was a surprise, but to those on the forums, not unknown about beforehand.

  29. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    165

    Default

    I see the mouth parading as the voice of the people is still around. I only wish someone ELSE would be left to voice their disapprovals. I cant take this guy serious since he was accusing Zen staff of stuff they didnt do and of course being called out on it means HE is the one being attacked and naturally only trying to call out a company on their ills because multi billionaires Activision can get the team behind the best selling game franchise in history to be able to fix an issue of their own in a much quicker fashion.

    Zen are an indie dev, you dont have to like it but you have to accept it - games like Costume Quest remained forever broken because funny enough they are not of the same level of finance and team size as Respawn. Why dont you probe the differences between Zen and them? Oh no instead its a case of saying comparing Walmart with a local family owned corner shop because they just so happen to be in the same business.

    This is an issue Zen are aware off, dozens have joined the forum just to add their tags and what have you to the mix to show the scale of the issue (because practically 1% of the gamers will actually use the forums) so i dont want to come here for any update to see the same singular 1% of the 1% rant on an and on again because its getting my goat. There is conductive criticism and there is trolling. Im trolling the troll - thats how fed up i am of him. Kinda hope he buggers off and is never seen again once this issue is resolved because im finding myself doing what he is doing, arguing for the sake of arguing and its not like me...

  30. #30

    Default

    I don't see why an indie company should get a free pass on criticism when they're being crap. Selling video games is a business, not a charity or cute little social club. FX2 on the XO is rubbish and the tactics being used to sell it are looking more and more shady as time goes on. If Zen don't have the resources or commitment to produce a decent product then they should get out of the industry right now. It's only downhill from here no matter how many apologists wish otherwise.

  31. #31

    Default

    I had an apple yesterday and it was sweet. This apple tastes sour. I bought them both from the same market and they're both green so they should be the same. Therefore the farmers who made the apple I had today must have been lazy when they injected the sugar or whatever it is they do to make apples sweet. I don't know because I don't make apples. But I'll bet you it's because they were being intentionally lazy to save money on sugar. What's a Granny Smith?

    No one would make assumptions like this because apples are simple. They make sense. A marketplace infrastructure capable of interacting with multiple platforms in dozens of countries using dozens of currencies, selling items with descriptions that have likely been vetted by a number of lawyers to make sure neither MS nor the publisher get into any sticky legal situations in any of those countries is not simple. Nobody should get a free pass just because it's hard or complicated, but don't make assumptions based on the fact that a superficially similar problem was fixed quickly or it just plain looks easy.

    It's perfectly reasonable to be disappointed and even a little upset that Zen hasn't been able to fully deliver on a statement that they made in the 6 weeks since release. But some of you are either unaware of or downright ignoring things that might help funnel your frustration in the right direction:

    - There are currently 36 tables available as free HD upgrades for most people. You might be one of the unlucky ones that can only play 32. You were promised 43 free things. You likely have 32-36 right now, with apologies and assurances that you'd get the rest later.

    - If you go to Microsoft's site and look up your purchase history, you can't see anything bought with points more than 12 months ago. Do you think that's something they did arbitrarily or could there be incompatibilities between the many different versions of the marketplace infrastructure over the last decade?

    - Microsoft has had pricing problems like the one with Titanfall since the beginning of the season pass era. Many, many times users have been asked to purchase dlc included in a season pass after buying the pass. It's been years and they still don't have a consistent process to handle what is now a commonplace situation.

    - Despite how it may look to the average pinball fan, the specifics of the type of cross-buy Zen is trying to achieve with MS is almost unprecedented on the Xbox platform. The closest analogy is probably Minecraft , but that was released on 360 about 2 years ago by a company now owned by MS(to the tune of $2.5 billion, btw). Pinball FX2 is twice that old. Notice how, with the exception of TWD, all the tables that are causing problems are the earliest releases that are also available on the Xbox One? I can't easily explain why something like that might matter. I can only say that after 18 years of software development and database design I know how to make apples. Ultimately I don't really know any better than you do how MS makes theirs. I'm just asking that you keep an open mind before jumping to conclusions.


    If you really feel the need to take Zen to task over their mistakes, how about major leaderboard issues? Or flippers that sporadically get stuck in the up position? Heck, maybe even an achievement in Sorcerer's Lair so hard it's only been unlocked by one person in 13,000 because of a mission so close to impossible it could be considered broken? Please stop trying to get Zen to fix the one problem that's almost entirely out of their control.

  32. #32

    Default

    It fills me with great hope when I see someone else who gets it. That feeling probably won't last past the next post.

  33. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Hey at least once you finally get to play these tables, it'll be like they are brand new again. Silver lining! haha
    I'll just tweet this out there then, shall I? The official response from Zen regarding the import situation. After all, It's all such a laugh.

  34. #34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I'll just tweet this out there then, shall I? The official response from Zen regarding the import situation. After all, It's all such a laugh.
    Just trying to lighten the situation. Besides, I already tweeted this out, so feel free to retweet it as much as you'd like. Don't forget, this isn't some secret forum that no one can see, these are our official, public forums

    We are still working on this issue, and we are not the only ones affected. Keep in mind that we are working to make sure that you don't have to pay for something. Sit tight, we will get this straightened out.

  35. #35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Sit tight, we will get this straightened out.
    We've been sitting tight for 7 weeks now! It's ridiculous. Other games with similar problems were fixed virtually overnight. I've lost all faith in Zen. Just deleted my game and definitely won't be downloading again, fixed table transfers or not. It's a shame really, I loved this game on 360 but I will not support some lazy ass developer who obviously doesn't give a poo.
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 10-01-2014 at 09:32 PM. Reason: language!

  36. #36
    Senior Member shogun00's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Western NY (USA)
    Posts
    2,797

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie View Post
    It fills me with great hope when I see someone else who gets it. That feeling probably won't last past the next post.
    I get it! I get it all too well, since a few of my old friends are now game developers. I hear it first hand how hard it is for an indie company to negotiate with a first party company and to get issues resolved in a timely manner.

  37. #37
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    6

    Default Duh....

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetal84 View Post
    We've been sitting tight for 7 weeks now! It's ridiculous. Other games with similar problems were fixed virtually overnight. I've lost all faith in Zen. Just deleted my game and definitely won't be downloading again, fixed table transfers or not. It's a shame really, I loved this game on 360 but I will not support some lazy ass developer who obviously doesn't give a poo.
    "Lazy ass"? Some of the ignorance in this forum is amazing... and there is no excuse for it.... it isn't rocket science.

    The 'Lazy ass' developer isn't charging you to use their game..... they aren't charging you to use all the tables you bought before for the 360... so how are they making money? From the goodwill that they hope will persuade you to buy new tables on the new platform you have decided to support.

    So.... it isn't exactly a surprise that this might just not take precedence over every other project they have on the go... you know.. new releases that folks pay for so that maybe studio employees can feed themselves and their families? I am fed up with all the bleating...

    Yes we would all like the fixes quicker but some of you people need to get a grip.

    These are regular people running a regular business juggling their resources as best they can to satisfy customers and stay in business and hopefully grow. Trust them to sort it out and produce (as they have been doing) a steady stream of new table for you to enjoy.

    If you want to flame me I couldn't care less....

    xbone dude.
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 10-01-2014 at 09:32 PM.

  38. #38
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    21

    Default This situation is bad

    This really is a bad situation. From a PR standpoint, it really is a disservice to the customers at this point.

  39. #39

    Default

    So a company that takes over a month to fix a problem just announced a new south park table?? Seriously zen focus on getting the transfers fixed because apparently you can't focus on one thing at a time.

    Yeah this is going to be really sad and pathetic at this rate how long they are working on this. I'd start taking bets but thats just sad.

    Lazy ass? Most people bought the xbox one version based on their promise that they would make cross transfer to next gen possible. WTF is entitled in that? Stop acting like they are doing us some favor. Like we should be bowing down all grateful and stuff? Most people spoke out against having to buy again the same tables (or were you absent went it blew up on twitter and on gaming sites?) Most people were unhappy with that and expressed their displeasure at that. Zen basically back off and relented and said Okay Okay but give us time to fix it. They said they need a month; fans said fine. 2 weeks later they said it was ready when it wasn't completely fixed. Now another month later its still not fixed????

    If a company promises to do something for its customers it should do everything possible to expedite it. Its over a month+. No signs of any fix YET they are ready to release another table no doubt. Not so much as a warning disclaimer that tWD DOES NOT IMPORT to next gen currently. Nothing. Just taking their time and making us wonder if it really was an empty promise now that the fury as died down

    Like if you hired someone and they only did a job 80% of the way saw that you weren't noticing and took their time finishing it. Zen didnt finish on what they promised

    Hence we the customers have all the right in the world to be outraged at this huge delay. Over a month and growing? Anyone else would have gotten blasted for this.

    Get the feeling I'm the only one calling them out on this even though i'm far from the only one annoyed at this situation. But i fully expect the defenders to come out to their aid.

    so yeah xbone they are responsible to fulfill what they said they would. People like myself bought the next gen version under the guise that Zen would make the tables be imported. Compare the sales numbers of people who bought the next gen version and you will see alot of them did so based on what zen said they would do; which is ability to import previous tables. To do so otherwise is deceptive and manipulative.

    Over a months delay and not so much as a prominent marketplace disclaimer saying that the x1 version may not import all previous tables or that TWD does not. Yeah sorry but nobody can claim they are doing everything possible to fix that or hurry up the patch.

    Since there technically is no importing being done (there are separate versions right?) Why not offer those who bought TWD table a code voucher if they bought the 360 one? ask ms to send them out.
    Last edited by peterkoz; 10-02-2014 at 02:49 PM.

  40. #40

    Default

    Be sure to take a look at my recent post on the import issue here. Thanks!

  41. #41

    Default

    Now that Barbie has kindly moved this out of the FAQ I can respond without rudely ignoring her requests to keep 'discussions' like this from hindering her ability to do her part in helping to fix the very thing you are upset about.

    Quote Originally Posted by peterkoz View Post
    So a company that takes over a month to fix a problem just announced a new south park table?? Seriously zen focus on getting the transfers fixed because apparently you can't focus on one thing at a time.
    When you have some time, take a look at this. If you don't want to use a link from some random person on the internet, just google "xbox launch parity".

    Aside from the obvious, which is that a table designer and an xbox-marketplace-fixer are not the same person, that's the most likely answer as to why it's being released instead of held back until the table transfer issues are resolved. And frankly, as long as any new tables work I'd prefer to have them sooner rather than later.

  42. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beanz View Post
    I don't see why an indie company should get a free pass on criticism when they're being crap. Selling video games is a business, not a charity or cute little social club. FX2 on the XO is rubbish and the tactics being used to sell it are looking more and more shady as time goes on. If Zen don't have the resources or commitment to produce a decent product then they should get out of the industry right now. It's only downhill from here no matter how many apologists wish otherwise.
    Yuuup Zen aint no charity or social club yet your are crying like a spoiled child because you cant get FREE export on a fraction of the currently available tables, tables which will also be free anyway. They dont HAVE to make them free, as in the dont HAVE to chase a fix for this issue because they are a business and spending resources so they can give stuff away for free aint the most solid way of making money but they are despite your crying attention seeking post deemed by me as such because it aint constructive.

    If your questioning that Zen deliver a "decent" product then thats your opinion but your full of it because you care enough for it to be at least "decent" to you because you not only have these tables but want them on your Xbox One version too.

  43. #43

    Default

    Yeah update with news several months later when most have either decided to go ahead and buy the x1 equivalent believing that it would transfer if the 360 one was bought

    This is ridiculous it takes so long to deliver on what they said they would? anyone wanna take bets on just how long they stretch this out? But yeah zen please take your time another few months Titanfall less than a day. Zen as long as they feel like taking their time; and if people buy the 360 version expecting the next gen transfer we still benefit.

    so yeah guys please defend zen as doing us a favor and accuse me and others of being entitled. Fact remains that the majority spoke out against buying the same tables yet again. Zen promised we'd have it and basically half-assed it until the fury died down. Facts are facts and Zen DID NOT deliver on what they said they'd do. Its like 2 months+ and still not fixed. Why people feel inclined to defend this unacceptable delay is beyond comprehension. Are these the same people that would actually accept this in any other scenario?

    All we get are vague promises of updates when news become available. Nothing concrete being done to fix this asap.

    Fact remains that i'm sure there's a HUGE amount of buyers who bought the TWD table on 360 under the guise that it would be transferred. No where on the marketplace does it warn otherwise. Yes the words potential lawsuit do come to mind. A FAQ buried deep within a website or forum does not absolve you of responsibility to your customers. You led customers to believe that next gen importing would be implemented. People continued to buy 360 tables expecting to be able to transfer them. Alot of people bought the next gen version of Pinball fx expecting to do so.
    Last edited by peterkoz; 10-07-2014 at 06:07 PM.

  44. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    808

    Default

    @peterkoz, Good luck with that lawsuit. You do know they are a Hungarian company, right? I only bring that up because suing foreign companies can be a challenge. Just out curiosity, on what legal grounds will you be filing your lawsuit?

  45. #45

    Default

    The company promised we'd have next gen transfer of tables. They didn't fully deliver on what they said they would do. After the backlash they said they'd do so. Afterwards all the media was yes they would do so. They said they needed a month. They only partially delivered on said promise. Its been over 2 months and the job wasn't finished.

    No where on the marketplace is their a disclaimer of any sort. Burying a disclaimer in a faq on website or forum does not mean they are adequately informing customers. Hence its deceptive. If a product is being sold and the warning it hidden somewhere in the back of the store. Guess what you can argue in court that the company is being shady and deceptive and preying on customers not being informed.

    Most customers were ready to write off zen for next gen (contrary to the boot lickers who say they'd buy the tables again) the huge backlash said otherwise. Alot of customers bought the x1 version believing their tables would import not all not some but all. Those like myself who knew it would be delayed did not expect it to take this long to deal with seriously 2+ months???

    The lack of a marketplace disclaimer also i'm sure also would make for a strong case in court.

    Will anyone take them to court in hungry? Sadly no thats probably not likely. Is there an argument for a class lawsuit? yeah you can bet your ass a lawyer would see that evidence here for such a case

    so yeah stop pretending they aren't liable for not delivering. Leading customers to believe they can next gen import so they would buy the next gen version? yeah i'd say that's a case there for deceptive advertising not including a disclaimer helps support that case. Alot of users after they announced it ended up getting the next gen version you could argue based on that promise. If a large enough proportion of customers felt based on that promise enough to buy the next gen version and continue buying 360 tables? yes must definitely. Ask any lawyer if there is grounds here.
    Last edited by peterkoz; 10-07-2014 at 07:14 PM.

  46. #46

    Default get it right

    Quote Originally Posted by xbone dude View Post
    Well someone has to stick up for the good guys
    I check this stupid website everyday!Why i dont know any longer. There is never anything useful in this forum.zen should be posting about fixes and eta on these tables.This is getting real old fast .titian fall has issue fixed next morning.i remember the nasty glicth on paranormal for the 360 the table always screws up in levation mb and then game is done I lost over a 20 billion point game. So i tried to play it today but guess what levation mb still screws up. I was told by mel the fix would come but could take a while.Table is still garbage.So what i am trying to say is.Dont hold your breath bout game glicthes cause they will never be fixed.The import and leaderboards will eventually will be fixed but i bet the other glitches wont be.i wish they would realese p arcade for the one maybe farsight can do a better job!!!!!!A very frustrated customer

  47. #47
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Another unhappy customer around here ...
    Tired of false promises, hopefully play multiplayer with friends like before, try waiting tables in demo version as before ....
    Before it was all better, but much better.
    To make matters worse, any criticism towards the company is relegated to this post, in which the title has nothing to do with the problem, what if you change the title to;
    Clients and unhappy with the policy of Zen in One Xbox users.

    and what if any forum administrator goes through this post to express their position, or just to apologize ... as you have done in the FAQ post?

    I hope that before drawing South Park tables (tables that certainly not purchasing, like other Spanish users of the game) once solved this disaster in which many are involved.

    I'm not asking that I give away anything for free, just so you can have in your day buy.

    The solution is easy, set up tables for free download, and some will say .... is that these people live, it is impossible, you can not do.
    Sure, I understand it is understandable why we are us, throwing money at tables we bought and we will not ever enjoy.

    Follow this path you are going well (is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc)

  48. #48

    Default

    A solution for the import issue is being tested right now and things are looking good. Should know more tomorrow or Friday, and as soon as I can I'll post a time frame when to expect the fix to start rolling out.

  49. #49

    Default thank you

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    A solution for the import issue is being tested right now and things are looking good. Should know more tomorrow or Friday, and as soon as I can I'll post a time frame when to expect the fix to start rolling out.
    Well thats good news.I hope this will bring a end to all the complaing (mine included lol) What bout leaderboards mine is still messed up it would be nice to see where i rank. I do find i am able to achive much higher scores on the one barring one paranormal 360 score is close to 11 billion should be well over 20 if it wasnt for lev mb glitch and xbox one score is 800 000 but only played one game so far.I havnt encounterd lev mb glitch in ones version but kind of hesitant to put anymore time into it until i know everything is good.SO does anyone know or seen this glitch.Your floating ball in lev mb gets stuck when you shoot it back into play. I built my lev jacpot to over 25 million fifty millionfor superjackpot then boom stupid glitch happened. i was on third ball of the first 5 extra balls (done right 18 to 20 balls a game)WHO KNOWS WHAT SCORE I COULD OF ACHIVED? AND I WILL NEVER KNOW BECAUSE I CANT TRUST TABLE NOT TO GLITCH OUT

  50. #50

    Default

    Good news!! Imports for the Marvel Pack, Excalibur and Earth Defense should now be functional! See the updated FAQ here.

  51. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    342

    Default

    I think we have the crack legal team assembled by peterkoz to thank for this.

    Well done Peter!

  52. #52
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    In my case I have finally been able to transfer the ten tables that had pending (for now)

    Pack core
    Marvel Pack
    Earth defense
    Excalibur

    from the same menu of the game and I appear at zero cost.

    Thank you,
    now just need to be able to play Street Fighter table and to clarify what happens to the original pack and tables we bought in their day and they will not leave.

  53. #53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post
    I think we have the crack legal team assembled by peterkoz to thank for this.

    Well done Peter!
    Ha!

  54. #54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Sixty View Post
    now just need to be able to play Street Fighter table and to clarify what happens to the original pack and tables we bought in their day and they will not leave.
    What do you mean by 'what happens to the original pack'?

  55. #55
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    What do you mean by 'what happens to the original pack'?
    With the original pack I meant tables

    Speed ​​Machine
    Extreme
    Agents
    Buccaneer
    Nightmare Mansion
    Rocky and Bullwinkle

    Street Fighter II Turbo ... I know that this last project was coming out.

    wanted to know if those who are loyal to the brand, we will have some kind of compensation, or if you have thought them out in the future ... because the truth is that not how it's all about.
    ?
    In my case, I will remain true to the brand, but with hues.

    Meeting many shortcomings regarding the 360 version, no multiplayer 4 Demonstration of the table disabled, notices to friends once you beat the record that do not work. records that just did not work at all ...
    In short, all these features that have made this game, and you incentian to play more and more.

    up that are not solved these failures, I'll be waiting.

    I reiterate my thanks to the whole team, and I apologize if I have offended some, but like I put myself in your place, you ought to put you in mine.
    empathy

    PD; I hope that the message is understood, I write with the translator that comment as I am Spanish.

  56. #56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Sixty View Post
    With the original pack I meant tables

    Speed ​​Machine
    Extreme
    Agents
    Buccaneer
    Nightmare Mansion
    Rocky and Bullwinkle

    Sorry - as stated in the original FAQ post, we don't have plans to bring these to Xbox One.

  57. #57
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Hi!
    Here we are again, to claim the table SF

    hopefully less than a month later

    my gt: SixtyJose Ramon

  58. #58

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by El Sixty View Post
    Hi!
    Here we are again, to claim the table SF

    hopefully less than a month later

    my gt: SixtyJose Ramon
    I don't need your gamertags this time, MS is working on it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •