X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Captain B. Zarre
    • Dec 2013

Streaming the two tables until 9:30.

Completed Tables:
    Spider-Man, Ms. Splosion Man, Captain America, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Sorcerer's Lair, Plants vs. Zombies, The Avengers, World War Hulk, Civil War, Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Super League Football

Xbox 360 ID: NoahChron
    PlayStation 4 ID: richc111
    PS4 Twitch Livestreams: http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre

Comment

• lasvegaspinballhalloffame
      Pinball Wizard
      • Sep 2011

Does anyone have any details on the bumper bonus mode on the Super Sweet table, the "methane gas" mode or whatever it's called. Does this bonus keep raising, and if it does, what does it go up to? Is there any other details to this mode? Thank you!
      http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Comment

• Captain B. Zarre
        • Dec 2013

Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame
        Does anyone have any details on the bumper bonus mode on the Super Sweet table, the "methane gas" mode or whatever it's called. Does this bonus keep raising, and if it does, what does it go up to? Is there any other details to this mode? Thank you!
        During Windy Bumpers all bumper hits are worth 50k. 50k x number of bumper hits is rewarded after a trip through the bumpers rather than per hit, I believe that this means if you are getting some bumpers when the mode runs out you don't get the bonus from it. Furthermore, the bonus does not hold over. This mode lasts 20 seconds, and the number of bumper hits required to start it increases by 10 each time the mode ends.
        Completed Tables:
        Spider-Man, Ms. Splosion Man, Captain America, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Sorcerer's Lair, Plants vs. Zombies, The Avengers, World War Hulk, Civil War, Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Super League Football

Xbox 360 ID: NoahChron
        PlayStation 4 ID: richc111
        PS4 Twitch Livestreams: http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre

Comment

• deep
          Table Designer
          • May 2011

Originally posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame
          The mode lasts 30 seconds, and every bumper hit adds 5000 pts to the next bumper hit. You will get the score of the actual hits when the ball leaves the bumper area. So you can get even 100k or more for a single bumper hit

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
            Pinball Wizard
            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by Frapril
            Do you think there will have more south park table in future
            If we did more SP tables, what kinds of things would you like to see? Any specific characters or features?

Comment

• littlechunk
              • Oct 2014

Originally posted by deep
              But this gave me an idea, what if I would implement in my future tables a practice mode, where infinite kickbacks/ballsave could be enabled.
              First of all, thanks Zen team for turning me into a huge pinball fan! Part of what I like is the slow sense of skill progression. I know I am getting better little by little. My intuition and bag of tricks keeps getting stronger, which then makes the tables more interesting and challenging, especially when I go back to tables I haven't played in a while.

There are times I am working on a table and I love this idea of a practice mode of sorts. I think what deep mentioned about unlimited ball saves and kickbacks is a good idea for the times you just want to practice moving the ball around without worrying about score.

I was also thinking about something that is implemented in fighting games. When you are practicing you can push a button like select and the whole scene gets reset. In pinball, maybe the ball could reset to the left or right inlane so you can practice certain shots. Maybe this is more difficult to implement but the user could put the ball anywhere on the table and reset to that position with the push of a button, like for practicing death saves or whatnot.

Finally, how about rewind? Like slow motion mode but just a slow rewind while the button is held down instead. There have been plenty of times where I wish I could just take a shot over again.

Anyway, thanks again. I am always looking forward to what's next!

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by littlechunk
                I was also thinking about something that is implemented in fighting games. When you are practicing you can push a button like select and the whole scene gets reset. In pinball, maybe the ball could reset to the left or right inlane so you can practice certain shots. Maybe this is more difficult to implement but the user could put the ball anywhere on the table and reset to that position with the push of a button, like for practicing death saves or whatnot.

Finally, how about rewind? Like slow motion mode but just a slow rewind while the button is held down instead. There have been plenty of times where I wish I could just take a shot over again.
                That would be awesome. I love the idea of a reset/rewind feature, would be super helpful in getting your aim juuuuust right for certain shots

Comment

• mklcf
                  • Oct 2014

Maybe this is more difficult to implement but the user could put the ball anywhere on the table and reset to that position with the push of a button, like for practicing death saves or whatnot.
                  What a great idea!

Comment

• Cloda
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                    If we did more SP tables, what kinds of things would you like to see? Any specific characters or features?
                    My all-time favourite episode is called the Goobacks (seventh episode of the eighth season). There is more than enough hilarious stuff happening in that episode for a table to be based on.

They took our jobs!!!
                    Last edited by Cloda; 10-28-2014, 12:54 PM.
                    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• dave950lam
                      Pinhead
                      • Nov 2012

Two of the children who became prominent in South Park that are not in either table...... Tweek and Pip. They could be worthy subjects for a table.....

Comment

• skyway73
                        • Jun 2012

Well, after not expecting too much from these tables (not a big South Park fan) I have to say I would definitely be up for some more! Both tables are so much fun to play, here's my thoughts on them.

Super-Sweet table:
                        • Love the length of the games. By that I mean the fact games don't go on forever, I think it's because the table is so frantic and that suits me fine.
                        • Feels like it could be an actual pinball machine, some lovely art too. The bus is cool and the wiggly rails from it are a fun touch.
                        • Such variety in the missions etc. There is always something going on too, actually usually about 3 or more things! A blast when everything is stacked up and running.
                        • No dull mini-game!
                        • Mr Hankey Multiball is hilarious, a nice challenge too. It's fun trying to keep your eyes on the upper playfield area and juggle the, ahem, "balls"... I love the start of it too, makes me think a Zen Christmas table would be something special
                        • The Pirate skill shot is a good idea, when it's maxed and you get that Extra Ball it feels like a real reward. Nice sound effect too.

Butters table:
                        • Again, feels like a real pin. Nice pace to it and as others have said, an old school feel to it.
                        • Some great sound effects like the little rumble on the drums, some of the effects remind me of the Wizard of Oz pinball machine. Some pretty flashes as well that make the table sparkle. I still want more flashes though...
                        • I love all the music on this table, I guess we have the South Park creators to thank for the songs but they are well used and add to the gentle yet challenging vibe.
                        • I like the spinning mission wheel, I think it could have been cool if there was a Multiball where you had to lock all balls in it so they were all spinning madly round and then they got fired out at the end.
                        • The Wizard mode is really fun, nicely done.
                        • I think it's impossible to aim for the right hand target for Biker MB, I'm happy with that as it makes getting it a treat and not just something that starts every game.
                        • Kick-backs are nicely balanced, tempting to go for but there is risk there too. As it should be in my opinion, kick-backs shouldn't be a gimme.

Anyway, just some of my thoughts there and feel free to ignore them!

Comment

• Casio
                          • Jun 2011

A table based on The Coon is a safe option.

Comment

• CJtrueblue
                            • May 2012

"It's coming right for us"

You got to have Ned and Uncle Jimbo in a table right?

Comment

• CJtrueblue
                              • May 2012

Lots of good stuff

Comment

• Mammouth
                                Pinball Wizard
                                • Nov 2011

A "Death for Kenny" table !!
                                All missions need to kill Kenny, but on differents ways, to activate the sorcerer's mode. In fact, the sorcerer's mode is a multiball where you gain jackpot for killing Kenny again, and again, AND AGAIN !!!

In fact, all things that activate something is about killing Kenny on a certain way.
                                When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Comment

Working...