• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by ndever
    Hey guys,

ndever here, the designer of the Butters table. Well I gotta say this is pretty awesome to read all these positive feedbacks!! I'm really glad you enjoy both tables! If you have any questions or comments on the Butters table, I'm here

Keep playing and having fun!

ndever

(also, you may want to look for little easter eggs on the table
    Welcome to the forums, ndever! Always great to see the designers interacting, we all appreciate it

Comment

• DiscoKing
      • Jul 2012

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin
      I find myself having an absolutely blast. Just played some quickie games but it was great fun, as always guys any info you can give to help with the Guides is welcome... goodness there's a lot to cover
      In reference to some help with the guides

I made trophy guides here

http://i.imgur.com/x5FaK7x.png This trophy set includes the South Park: Butters' Very Own Pinball Game. Unlike most tables with an easy and hard trophy, this table has only two easy bronze trophies. For an in-depth Overview of pinball, see refer to the Main Guide. ROAD MAP: Overview: Estimated tr...

And here

http://i.imgur.com/3EE7RIB.png This trophy set includes the South Park: Super Sweet Pinball Game. Unlike most tables with an easy and hard trophy, this table has only two easy bronze trophies. For an in-depth Overview of pinball, see refer to the Main Guide. Overview: Estimated trophy difficulty:...

But your guides will be more detailed about the table not just the trophies I know, but if u have other questions let me know

Comment

• DarkKodiaK
        • Jun 2012

Originally posted by ShoryukenToTheChin
        I find myself having an absolutely blast. Just played some quickie games but it was great fun, as always guys any info you can give to help with the Guides is welcome... goodness there's a lot to cover
        well i was going to give out a hint anyways on how to earn a quick extra ball, and the sarcastaball mode. So here goes!

Hit the RANDY ramp a couple of times until you see the red balloon on the school bus ramp. Hit it up there to access the upper table. The red balloon should be lowered so you can start hitting it for the letters to spell out SARCASTABALL. Now here's a VERY easy and quick way to finish this mode and get an extra ball.

Now here's the easiest and quickest way to get through this mode and earn the extra ball. The upper flipper (the left one) don't use it to hit the red balloon, or else you risk losing the ball up the LADDER ramp and you'll have to get the ball back up to that play field. Use the right (lower) flipper to hit the balloon. When you do that and the ball goes over to the left flipper, just hold the left flipper down and the ball will roll off of that, onto the rubber band between the flippers, and safely back over to the right flipper. Wash, rinse, repeat until you spell out all the letters. You should ring up the extra ball button (the button below Randy by the left flipper/ladder ramp. Hit that, and then sink the ball in the middle. You can also still tilt/bump the table while on this play field.

This brings down that funky red balloon. Just hit the ramp (will be raised) within the time limit and you'll finish the mode and earn a letter for SOUTH PARK. If you didn't get the extra ball before bringing out the red balloon, you can still get it with the red balloon.

It's really quick to do this and you'll have an extra ball right off the bat.

If you missed out on getting the extraball, you can just repeat the mode and try again.

Comment

• surf1der
          Pinball Wizard
          • Jan 2012

Well I've gotten to the wizard mode on both tables. I think the Butters table is just a 4-ball multiball with random lanes/sinkholes lit for jackpots. I don't know if there is a super jackpot. I didn't get one. Each jackpot was 8 million for me. I think the jackpot value is determined by the amount of collectibles you get. I think I had 4/5 so I imagine each collectible adds 2 million to the jackpot value for a total of 10 million.

The wizard mode for the super sweet table is also a multiball (4 balls I think). You simply need to light the Cartman, Kyle, Stan and Kenny letters by hitting their respective lanes/sinkholes. I was able to light all of them except Kenny. I was about 3 short of completing him. So I'm not sure what kind of bonus you get for completing all of them. A tip for completing Kyle: I usually have trouble hitting this sinkhole on the far right side. An easy way to hit this sinkhole during any multiball is to trap 2 balls on the right flipper and then quickly tap the flipper for a backhand shot into the sinkhole.

Also to light kickbacks on this table you must hit the Jimmy targets. I'm not sure if there is any great way to hit these targets but I have found that hitting a right orbit shot and then holding the left flipper button will usually cause the upper left flipper to redirect the ball into these targets. The only danger is if you happen to hit a really powerful orbit shot it will sometimes have enough speed to miss the targets and instead shoot part way up the Randy ramp where it will subsequently come down and be directed toward the left outlane. Not a perfect technique but I have found it useful for lighting the kickbacks.

STTC, let me know if you need help with the details of any specific mode.

Comment

• tenorhero
            • Mar 2012

Sweet table -

There is a secondary skill-shot of sorts and also the most lucrative IMO. Don't go for the Toilet skill-shots. Have the ball go up to the upper flippers and keep hitting the cow and other 2 targets as much as you can. Once the ball get's past those upper flipper flippers it will go down the ramps to your left flipper. hit target that pops up right before the center hole. (he's carrying a machine gun) I had one hit for over 6m. It's a one time shot from the left flipper hit anything else and whatever score that ramps up from hitting those targets in the upper playfield, is gone.

I'm not sure it's actually the best way to go to get all MB going at the same time like Bram Stoker's Dracula. Granted it can be done but I use the MB to complete most of the modes that involve target shots. (Kenny, Randy). Even completing the CHEF mode seems easier for me. I find I score better with Canada and School Bus running at the same time.

That's what makes this table so cool is that there is so many different ways to score on this table.

Anyways- Fantastic Pack and looking forward to more more tables. (Not just the original FX2 tables for PS3/4 I have them already on steam) but Barbie mentioned it's not over? I defer to your marvelous team Zen.

Shooting the KYLE sink-hole - At some point most will find shooting that hole can lead to ball going in the right-out lanes. If you don't have the kickbacks active, you can drain unless you're decent at the 'Death Save'. I usually shoot for it on my right flipper. Just outside of the the 'post-pass' you can hit the hole with your right flipper. I just found

Comment

• deep
              Table Designer
              • May 2011

Originally posted by tenorhero
              Sweet table -

There is a secondary skill-shot of sorts and also the most lucrative IMO. Don't go for the Toilet skill-shots. Have the ball go up to the upper flippers and keep hitting the cow and other 2 targets as much as you can. Once the ball get's past those upper flipper flippers it will go down the ramps to your left flipper. hit target that pops up right before the center hole. (he's carrying a machine gun) I had one hit for over 6m. It's a one time shot from the left flipper hit anything else and whatever score that ramps up from hitting those targets in the upper playfield, is gone.
              Hint: Try to hit that Pirate skillshot at its max value!

Comment

• Xanthious
                • Sep 2012

Hey guys,

ndever here, the designer of the Butters table. Well I gotta say this is pretty awesome to read all these positive feedbacks!! I'm really glad you enjoy both tables! If you have any questions or comments on the Butters table, I'm here

Keep playing and having fun!

ndever

(also, you may want to look for little easter eggs on the table
                NDever, I'm curious, on the Butters table, it seems to me to play and feel a LOT like a throwback to the old school 80s type of table. Is that kind of what you were going for with it?

Comment

• Cloda
                  Pinball Wizard
                  • Nov 2010

Originally posted by surf1der
                  Also to light kickbacks on this table you must hit the Jimmy targets. I'm not sure if there is any great way to hit these targets but I have found that hitting a right orbit shot and then holding the left flipper button will usually cause the upper left flipper to redirect the ball into these targets. The only danger is if you happen to hit a really powerful orbit shot it will sometimes have enough speed to miss the targets and instead shoot part way up the Randy ramp where it will subsequently come down and be directed toward the left outlane. Not a perfect technique but I have found it useful for lighting the kickbacks.
                  Bit of a headache to activate the kickbacks on this table... at least they stay lit even if you lose a ball. There is no sure-fire way of activating them but what I have found to work best for me (less risky than with surf1der's approach) is to shoot towards the Kenny figurine/Timmy target direction from the left flipper. One out of every 3/4 shots in that direction hits the Jimmy targets and very few shots lead to a SDTM or in a side drain. It is still not very straight forward though.
                  XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• skyway73
                    • Jun 2012

Originally posted by Cloda
                    Bit of a headache to activate the kickbacks on this table... at least they stay lit even if you lose a ball. There is no sure-fire way of activating them but what I have found to work best for me (less risky than with surf1der's approach) is to shoot towards the Kenny figurine/Timmy target direction from the left flipper. One out of every 3/4 shots in that direction hits the Jimmy targets and very few shots lead to a SDTM or in a side drain. It is still not very straight forward though.
                    Yep, that works for me Cloda but I usually use surf1ders method as it's a bit quicker. Both slightly risky though but I'm not complaining. Risk and reward is nicely balanced. I'm surprised no one has moaned about SDTM from the bumpers, happened to me a few times but that's fine, nice random pinball moments.

Beat the Wizard mode today, 4 ball multiball and you have to spell the names as surf1der said, each letter was 2.3m I think for me. I got down to 2 balls (you get a very lengthy ball-save) and when I had lit every name the flippers locked and balls drained, total said it was 49 million so not bad. I like Wizard modes that have an ending like that and don't just go on until you lose your balls.

Great tables with Butters being the perfect antidote to the full-on manic style of Deep's table

Now, I'm going for 1 billion plus on both...

Comment

• hunter328
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Apr 2012

I found a bug on the Butters table that's making it very frustrating. This happens on the Ps Vita version, where I mostly play. The PS3 version is fine and is where I noticed the difference.
                      On the Vita, when the gift lights up, it only ever reads kickback. It still awards a random gift, but you have no way of knowing what it will be ahead of time.
                      On a table where the kickbacks are more difficult than usual to get and with the new strong slingshots that often send the ball straight to an outlane, not having this easier way of getting the kickbacks (and extra ball) work properly really makes things much more difficult and frustrating.
                      Is this something that can be fixed?

Other than that I think you all did a great job on the table. There's only one thing I'm not crazy about that I kind of mentioned above. The stronger slingshots aren't my favorite, but when they're used I wish the tables had easier to get kickbacks. Having both strong slingshots and tough kickbacks can lead to a lot of frustration for me. That said though, I still think both tables are very fun.

Thank you
                      sigpic

Comment

• ndever
                        Video Producer
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by Xanthious
                        NDever, I'm curious, on the Butters table, it seems to me to play and feel a LOT like a throwback to the old school 80s type of table. Is that kind of what you were going for with it?
                        Well it was mostly intentional to make a simple table especially after I saw what Deep was after Reading the comments it seems that the two table complete each other perfectly. Also it was my first one so I focused more on the functionality than the fuzziness

Comment

• Xanthious
                          • Sep 2012

Well it was mostly intentional to make a simple table especially after I saw what Deep was after Reading the comments it seems that the two table complete each other perfectly. Also it was my first one so I focused more on the functionality than the fuzziness
                          Indeed they do and I have to say that personally I'm a fan of the simpler tables. I'd love to see Zen pump out a few tables in the vein of old school tables like Black Knight or Centaur.

Comment

• tenorhero
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by Xanthious
                            Indeed they do and I have to say that personally I'm a fan of the simpler tables. I'd love to see Zen pump out a few tables in the vein of old school tables like Black Knight or Centaur.
                            Honestly I think with these 2 tables in this pack just released they are headed in the right direction. Many fans Pinball arcade turn the other way because the flippers are to close together. The ball is either too heavy and doesn't have much elasticity. Sling shots aren't active enough etc.

Thankfully the slings are active which IMO makes the table that much more engaging.

these 2 tables could likely be a real table. Props to Deep and Ndever

Also to extend on what surfr1der mentioned about Sweet table wizard mode. you hit the center hole and 4 ball MB starts.

Yes you shoot Cartman, Kenny, and Stan Kyle lanes sinkholes for Jackpots. I had mine at 2.5m and sometimes more. Anyway got all the letters lit and Wizard mode ended and basically told you how much you got on the Wizard mode. (43m or something like that) I'm not sure if it's added bonus or not. Anyway it wasn't spectacular or anything just seemed to be an added mode that gives you points.

Perhaps maybe the jackpots add to how many times you beat that particular mode? Just a thought though. I was trying to just focus on getting to the wizard mode ASAP in the game I just got to the wizard mode. I did notice hitting one sink-hole (Stan I think) the jackpots were a bit more. I'm sure I completed that mode several times before I got to the wizard mode. All you do for Stan mode is light his letters then shoot the lane that has Wendy icon for a hurry up Jackpot. (It's the lane in between Stan and Kyle) Jackpots ramp up everytime you start that mode. I had mine at 1.9m counting down.

deep Can you add your thoughts and ideas behind what that was supposed to be?
                            Last edited by tenorhero; 10-17-2014, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• hunter328
                              Pinball Wizard
                              • Apr 2012

Honestly I think with these 2 tables in this pack just released they are headed in the right direction. Many fans Pinball arcade turn the other way because the flippers are to close together. The ball is either too heavy and doesn't have much elasticity. Sling shots aren't active enough etc.
                              I never get it when Pinball Arcade fans complain about physics related stuff. The physics in some TPA tables are terrible. On some it's like it's scripted. There are way too many instances of shots that always go to the exact same spot when the ball is coming down an inlane and you hit it at the same spot on the flipper, as if nothing is accounting for anything else except the angle of the shot. I've often thought when playing TPA of how many quarters I'd have saved if the real table played so predictably.
                              sigpic

Comment

• deep
                                Table Designer
                                • May 2011

deep Can you add your thoughts and ideas behind what that was supposed to be?
                                The wizard mode scores depends on how many times you complete the main modes. The additional score for each completition depends on the difficulty of the given mode, so the easy modes like Stan's aren't give as much additional score as the harder ones.

Comment

Working...