Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mammouth
    Pinball Wizard
    • Nov 2011

But the slingshots are so hard, the ball is faster than light and when you notice it will go on the outlane, it's too late to nudge. And when you are on a multiball, you can't nudge every 4 seconds to avoid drains.
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Comment

• deep
      Table Designer
      • May 2011

Originally posted by Mammouth
      But the slingshots are so hard, the ball is faster than light and when you notice it will go on the outlane, it's too late to nudge. And when you are on a multiball, you can't nudge every 4 seconds to avoid drains.
      Well, yeah as I wrote, not all the time would this help. But when the ball is bouncing there, it can help. It is pinball after all, and drains happen in pinball. The only way to ensure that the ball wont go to an outlane is: dont't miss any of your shots.
      But this gave me an idea, what if I would implement in my future tables a practice mode, where infinite kickbacks/ballsave could be enabled.

Comment

• Mammouth
        Pinball Wizard
        • Nov 2011

Originally posted by deep
        The only way to ensure that the ball wont go to an outlane is: dont't miss any of your shots.
        But when i want to go to the Biker Multiball, i need to shot some targets which are above the slingshots. My shot is not missed, i hit the target, but the ball falls on the slingshot after that, and it's the classical "double slingshot-outlane 3hits combo you-lose". Sometimes, it's also the "double slingshot-outlane-kickbak-double slingshot-other outlane 7hits combo you-lose-the-ball-and-the-kickback"...
        I'm pretty sure i have seen the Mustache Man with black hoodie saying "I have F**ked you right in the p***y" to me after theses combos.

On the Super Sweet, hard slingshots are not a pain because the ball don't go on the outlanes each time. It's only sometimes.

A practice mode ? Why not but in my opinion (which is mine only), i play for score and i have no fun in playing "pour du beurre" in french, i can translate that with "for nothing". Because it's obvious that your score in practice mode will not be registered (and it's totally legit).
        When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Comment

• deep
          Table Designer
          • May 2011

Originally posted by Mammouth
          A practice mode ? Why not but in my opinion (which is mine only), i play for score and i have no fun in playing "pour du beurre" in french, i can translate that with "for nothing". Because it's obvious that your score in practice mode will not be registered (and it's totally legit).
          In practice mode, you could complete all the modes much easier, play through the wizard mode, master all the shots you need. Then switch the parctice mode off, and place a high score to the leaderboards. I think this could help for a lot of players who can't make much progress in one game.

Comment

• edc5036
            • May 2014

A single nudge of the table does the trick most of the times when the ball is heading to the outlane. Wery useful and common technique on pinball tables Try it if you didn't tried yet.
            Thanks deep that is definitely a skill I need to work on. Just helped me with a real nice 383M game on your table! #2 score on Android

Comment

• rsilver1
              • Oct 2014

Firstly, I love this table...thank you for being so thoughtful in the design...spot on! I experienced a weird glitch in South Park SSP. I had the ball in the football play field when the ball hopped over the barrier on the left. The ball entered the main play field but the camera remained focused on the football field. I blindly kept the ball alive hoping the camera would realize what was happening but it didn't and I had to let the ball go. Has this happened to anyone else? This was on my iPad retina running iOS 8.0.0.

Comment

• shogun00
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2011

In practice mode, you could complete all the modes much easier, play through the wizard mode, master all the shots you need. Then switch the parctice mode off, and place a high score to the leaderboards. I think this could help for a lot of players who can't make much progress in one game.
                I prefer a beginner mode and pro mode instead. Have two different sets of leader boards for the two modes and two sets of challenges. Each complete set of challenges will give you a trophy/achievement.

This is just something to think about while making Pinball FX/Zen Pinball 3. Whenever that will be.

Comment

• edc5036
                  • May 2014

and now #1 on Android for the Butters table with 217M!

here's a tip... focus on those bumpers and rollovers. easy extra ball at 10x then you get 5M a pop each time you light all three after that. combined with the 2.5M you can get by repeatedly doing the dress butters thing your score will add up fast!

Comment

• hunter328
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Apr 2012

You can sort of do that already, though not as easily as a seperate mode would be, by going into adjustments and turning up the number of balls, tilts, time allowed, etc. which could be a way to practice if people want to.

Deep or Ndever, have you guys had a chance to check what might be causing the bug on the gift light always showing kickback on the Vita version of Butters? Is that fixable or not serious enough for the time it would take?
                    Thanks!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

• shawn
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Xanthious
                      NDever, I'm curious, on the Butters table, it seems to me to play and feel a LOT like a throwback to the old school 80s type of table. Is that kind of what you were going for with it?
                      My thoughts exactly! Love the old school feel this table has! Great work ndever!

Comment

• ndever
                        Video Producer
                        • Oct 2014

Originally posted by hunter328
                        Deep or Ndever, have you guys had a chance to check what might be causing the bug on the gift light always showing kickback on the Vita version of Butters? Is that fixable or not serious enough for the time it would take?
                        Thanks!!!
                        Yes, we checked on that one. Unfortunately we cannot fix the lamp but I might be able to make a little modification to that mode so every time you roll a present the dotmatrix will tell you what it is. I'll keep you posted on the date and when this is confirmed.

Comment

• Kemetman
                          • Jul 2012

Awesome jobs Deep and Ndever...also I assume memory limitations only apply to the consoles with only 512mb of ram. Can't possibly be PC or PS4. Looking forward to more from all Zen's great designers.
                          "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Comment

• nomad716
                            • Oct 2014

Arcade

Great but I was hoping it would be the Arcade version of South Park Pinball

Comment

• Frapril
                              • Dec 2011

Do you think there will have more south park table in future

Comment

• hunter328
                                Pinball Wizard
                                • Apr 2012

Originally posted by ndever
                                Yes, we checked on that one. Unfortunately we cannot fix the lamp but I might be able to make a little modification to that mode so every time you roll a present the dotmatrix will tell you what it is. I'll keep you posted on the date and when this is confirmed.
                                Thanks, that would work just as well. And thank you for getting back to me on this. It's so refreshing to ask about an issue on a game and have someone in the know get back to you. You guys at Zen are great at this and I wish more developers would follow your lead.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...