Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: South Park Pinball!

Hands down best tables to date. Great fun and the callouts are some of the best.

Now how about Regular Show, Adventure Time, Ren & Stimpy, Family Guy, and Simpsons licenses.

Quote Originally Posted by Casio View Post
    Hands down best tables to date. Great fun and the callouts are some of the best.

Now how about Regular Show, Adventure Time, Ren & Stimpy, Family Guy, and Simpsons licenses.
    I would be down for any of those licenses. Straight up!

Yeah these South Park tables are crazy fun. I find myself playing both tables a lot!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

I find myself having an absolutely blast. Just played some quickie games but it was great fun, as always guys any info you can give to help with the Guides is welcome... goodness there's a lot to cover

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Despite my lack of interest for South Park, even despite the very inappropriate E-rating, i must say from the little i've played that these tables are both pretty cool.Especially Deep's table is yet again extremely playable.Complete Stacking Madness!!!I doubt any table will ever reach the zany heights of Super Sweet Pinball.Having said that i personally don't need any further SP tables anytime soon.

Hey guys,

ndever here, the designer of the Butters table. Well I gotta say this is pretty awesome to read all these positive feedbacks!! I'm really glad you enjoy both tables! If you have any questions or comments on the Butters table, I'm here

Keep playing and having fun!

ndever

(also, you may want to look for little easter eggs on the table

Quote Originally Posted by ndever View Post
    Hey guys,

ndever here, the designer of the Butters table. Well I gotta say this is pretty awesome to read all these positive feedbacks!! I'm really glad you enjoy both tables! If you have any questions or comments on the Butters table, I'm here

ndever

Welcome to the forums, ndever! Always great to see the designers interacting, we all appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    I find myself having an absolutely blast. Just played some quickie games but it was great fun, as always guys any info you can give to help with the Guides is welcome... goodness there's a lot to cover
    In reference to some help with the guides

I made trophy guides here

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/f...phy-guide.html

And here

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/f...phy-guide.html

But your guides will be more detailed about the table not just the trophies I know, but if u have other questions let me know

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    well i was going to give out a hint anyways on how to earn a quick extra ball, and the sarcastaball mode. So here goes!

Hit the RANDY ramp a couple of times until you see the red balloon on the school bus ramp. Hit it up there to access the upper table. The red balloon should be lowered so you can start hitting it for the letters to spell out SARCASTABALL. Now here's a VERY easy and quick way to finish this mode and get an extra ball.

Now here's the easiest and quickest way to get through this mode and earn the extra ball. The upper flipper (the left one) don't use it to hit the red balloon, or else you risk losing the ball up the LADDER ramp and you'll have to get the ball back up to that play field. Use the right (lower) flipper to hit the balloon. When you do that and the ball goes over to the left flipper, just hold the left flipper down and the ball will roll off of that, onto the rubber band between the flippers, and safely back over to the right flipper. Wash, rinse, repeat until you spell out all the letters. You should ring up the extra ball button (the button below Randy by the left flipper/ladder ramp. Hit that, and then sink the ball in the middle. You can also still tilt/bump the table while on this play field.

This brings down that funky red balloon. Just hit the ramp (will be raised) within the time limit and you'll finish the mode and earn a letter for SOUTH PARK. If you didn't get the extra ball before bringing out the red balloon, you can still get it with the red balloon.

It's really quick to do this and you'll have an extra ball right off the bat.

If you missed out on getting the extraball, you can just repeat the mode and try again.

Well I've gotten to the wizard mode on both tables. I think the Butters table is just a 4-ball multiball with random lanes/sinkholes lit for jackpots. I don't know if there is a super jackpot. I didn't get one. Each jackpot was 8 million for me. I think the jackpot value is determined by the amount of collectibles you get. I think I had 4/5 so I imagine each collectible adds 2 million to the jackpot value for a total of 10 million.

The wizard mode for the super sweet table is also a multiball (4 balls I think). You simply need to light the Cartman, Kyle, Stan and Kenny letters by hitting their respective lanes/sinkholes. I was able to light all of them except Kenny. I was about 3 short of completing him. So I'm not sure what kind of bonus you get for completing all of them. A tip for completing Kyle: I usually have trouble hitting this sinkhole on the far right side. An easy way to hit this sinkhole during any multiball is to trap 2 balls on the right flipper and then quickly tap the flipper for a backhand shot into the sinkhole.

Also to light kickbacks on this table you must hit the Jimmy targets. I'm not sure if there is any great way to hit these targets but I have found that hitting a right orbit shot and then holding the left flipper button will usually cause the upper left flipper to redirect the ball into these targets. The only danger is if you happen to hit a really powerful orbit shot it will sometimes have enough speed to miss the targets and instead shoot part way up the Randy ramp where it will subsequently come down and be directed toward the left outlane. Not a perfect technique but I have found it useful for lighting the kickbacks.

STTC, let me know if you need help with the details of any specific mode.

Sweet table -

There is a secondary skill-shot of sorts and also the most lucrative IMO. Don't go for the Toilet skill-shots. Have the ball go up to the upper flippers and keep hitting the cow and other 2 targets as much as you can. Once the ball get's past those upper flipper flippers it will go down the ramps to your left flipper. hit target that pops up right before the center hole. (he's carrying a machine gun) I had one hit for over 6m. It's a one time shot from the left flipper hit anything else and whatever score that ramps up from hitting those targets in the upper playfield, is gone.

I'm not sure it's actually the best way to go to get all MB going at the same time like Bram Stoker's Dracula. Granted it can be done but I use the MB to complete most of the modes that involve target shots. (Kenny, Randy). Even completing the CHEF mode seems easier for me. I find I score better with Canada and School Bus running at the same time.

That's what makes this table so cool is that there is so many different ways to score on this table.

Anyways- Fantastic Pack and looking forward to more more tables. (Not just the original FX2 tables for PS3/4 I have them already on steam) but Barbie mentioned it's not over? I defer to your marvelous team Zen.

Shooting the KYLE sink-hole - At some point most will find shooting that hole can lead to ball going in the right-out lanes. If you don't have the kickbacks active, you can drain unless you're decent at the 'Death Save'. I usually shoot for it on my right flipper. Just outside of the the 'post-pass' you can hit the hole with your right flipper. I just found

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Sweet table -

There is a secondary skill-shot of sorts and also the most lucrative IMO. Don't go for the Toilet skill-shots. Have the ball go up to the upper flippers and keep hitting the cow and other 2 targets as much as you can. Once the ball get's past those upper flipper flippers it will go down the ramps to your left flipper. hit target that pops up right before the center hole. (he's carrying a machine gun) I had one hit for over 6m. It's a one time shot from the left flipper hit anything else and whatever score that ramps up from hitting those targets in the upper playfield, is gone.
    Hint: Try to hit that Pirate skillshot at its max value!

Hey guys,

ndever

NDever, I'm curious, on the Butters table, it seems to me to play and feel a LOT like a throwback to the old school 80s type of table. Is that kind of what you were going for with it?

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Also to light kickbacks on this table you must hit the Jimmy targets. I'm not sure if there is any great way to hit these targets but I have found that hitting a right orbit shot and then holding the left flipper button will usually cause the upper left flipper to redirect the ball into these targets. The only danger is if you happen to hit a really powerful orbit shot it will sometimes have enough speed to miss the targets and instead shoot part way up the Randy ramp where it will subsequently come down and be directed toward the left outlane. Not a perfect technique but I have found it useful for lighting the kickbacks.
    Bit of a headache to activate the kickbacks on this table... at least they stay lit even if you lose a ball. There is no sure-fire way of activating them but what I have found to work best for me (less risky than with surf1der's approach) is to shoot towards the Kenny figurine/Timmy target direction from the left flipper. One out of every 3/4 shots in that direction hits the Jimmy targets and very few shots lead to a SDTM or in a side drain. It is still not very straight forward though.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Bit of a headache to activate the kickbacks on this table... at least they stay lit even if you lose a ball. There is no sure-fire way of activating them but what I have found to work best for me (less risky than with surf1der's approach) is to shoot towards the Kenny figurine/Timmy target direction from the left flipper. One out of every 3/4 shots in that direction hits the Jimmy targets and very few shots lead to a SDTM or in a side drain. It is still not very straight forward though.
    Yep, that works for me Cloda but I usually use surf1ders method as it's a bit quicker. Both slightly risky though but I'm not complaining. Risk and reward is nicely balanced. I'm surprised no one has moaned about SDTM from the bumpers, happened to me a few times but that's fine, nice random pinball moments.

Beat the Wizard mode today, 4 ball multiball and you have to spell the names as surf1der said, each letter was 2.3m I think for me. I got down to 2 balls (you get a very lengthy ball-save) and when I had lit every name the flippers locked and balls drained, total said it was 49 million so not bad. I like Wizard modes that have an ending like that and don't just go on until you lose your balls.

Great tables with Butters being the perfect antidote to the full-on manic style of Deep's table

Now, I'm going for 1 billion plus on both...

I found a bug on the Butters table that's making it very frustrating. This happens on the Ps Vita version, where I mostly play. The PS3 version is fine and is where I noticed the difference.
    On the Vita, when the gift lights up, it only ever reads kickback. It still awards a random gift, but you have no way of knowing what it will be ahead of time.
    On a table where the kickbacks are more difficult than usual to get and with the new strong slingshots that often send the ball straight to an outlane, not having this easier way of getting the kickbacks (and extra ball) work properly really makes things much more difficult and frustrating.
    Is this something that can be fixed?

Other than that I think you all did a great job on the table. There's only one thing I'm not crazy about that I kind of mentioned above. The stronger slingshots aren't my favorite, but when they're used I wish the tables had easier to get kickbacks. Having both strong slingshots and tough kickbacks can lead to a lot of frustration for me. That said though, I still think both tables are very fun.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthious View Post
    NDever, I'm curious, on the Butters table, it seems to me to play and feel a LOT like a throwback to the old school 80s type of table. Is that kind of what you were going for with it?
    Well it was mostly intentional to make a simple table especially after I saw what Deep was after Reading the comments it seems that the two table complete each other perfectly. Also it was my first one so I focused more on the functionality than the fuzziness

Well it was mostly intentional to make a simple table especially after I saw what Deep was after Reading the comments it seems that the two table complete each other perfectly. Also it was my first one so I focused more on the functionality than the fuzziness
    Indeed they do and I have to say that personally I'm a fan of the simpler tables. I'd love to see Zen pump out a few tables in the vein of old school tables like Black Knight or Centaur.

Indeed they do and I have to say that personally I'm a fan of the simpler tables. I'd love to see Zen pump out a few tables in the vein of old school tables like Black Knight or Centaur.
    Honestly I think with these 2 tables in this pack just released they are headed in the right direction. Many fans Pinball arcade turn the other way because the flippers are to close together. The ball is either too heavy and doesn't have much elasticity. Sling shots aren't active enough etc.

Thankfully the slings are active which IMO makes the table that much more engaging.

these 2 tables could likely be a real table. Props to Deep and Ndever

Also to extend on what surfr1der mentioned about Sweet table wizard mode. you hit the center hole and 4 ball MB starts.

Yes you shoot Cartman, Kenny, and Stan Kyle lanes sinkholes for Jackpots. I had mine at 2.5m and sometimes more. Anyway got all the letters lit and Wizard mode ended and basically told you how much you got on the Wizard mode. (43m or something like that) I'm not sure if it's added bonus or not. Anyway it wasn't spectacular or anything just seemed to be an added mode that gives you points.

Perhaps maybe the jackpots add to how many times you beat that particular mode? Just a thought though. I was trying to just focus on getting to the wizard mode ASAP in the game I just got to the wizard mode. I did notice hitting one sink-hole (Stan I think) the jackpots were a bit more. I'm sure I completed that mode several times before I got to the wizard mode. All you do for Stan mode is light his letters then shoot the lane that has Wendy icon for a hurry up Jackpot. (It's the lane in between Stan and Kyle) Jackpots ramp up everytime you start that mode. I had mine at 1.9m counting down.

deep Can you add your thoughts and ideas behind what that was supposed to be?
    Last edited by tenorhero; 10-17-2014 at 08:59 PM.

Honestly I think with these 2 tables in this pack just released they are headed in the right direction. Many fans Pinball arcade turn the other way because the flippers are to close together. The ball is either too heavy and doesn't have much elasticity. Sling shots aren't active enough etc.
    I never get it when Pinball Arcade fans complain about physics related stuff. The physics in some TPA tables are terrible. On some it's like it's scripted. There are way too many instances of shots that always go to the exact same spot when the ball is coming down an inlane and you hit it at the same spot on the flipper, as if nothing is accounting for anything else except the angle of the shot. I've often thought when playing TPA of how many quarters I'd have saved if the real table played so predictably.

deep Can you add your thoughts and ideas behind what that was supposed to be?
    The wizard mode scores depends on how many times you complete the main modes. The additional score for each completition depends on the difficulty of the given mode, so the easy modes like Stan's aren't give as much additional score as the harder ones.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    I never get it when Pinball Arcade fans complain about physics related stuff. The physics in some TPA tables are terrible. On some it's like it's scripted. There are way too many instances of shots that always go to the exact same spot when the ball is coming down an inlane and you hit it at the same spot on the flipper, as if nothing is accounting for anything else except the angle of the shot. I've often thought when playing TPA of how many quarters I'd have saved if the real table played so predictably.
    Playing Pinball Arcade makes me want to scream. It h as a bunch of tables I love in an almost unplayable state.

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    Hint: Try to hit that Pirate skillshot at its max value!
    I think the in-game rule sheet said you get an EB for raising it to it's max value. What is the max value? I have raised it to over 8 million which took a minute or 2. I hope it is 10 million because any higher than that it is probably not worth the effort, at least for me because it takes a few minutes to raise the skill shot value and if you miss the pirate you get bubkes.

I also wanted to commend both Deep and Ndever. The tables are a lot of fun. Also, has anyone found any easter eggs that Ndever mentioned were in his table? I'm not sure if the easter eggs are related to South Park or not. I certainly haven't noticed any cow easter eggs (Cows and easter eggs).

The wizard mode scores depends on how many times you complete the main modes. The additional score for each completition depends on the difficulty of the given mode, so the easy modes like Stan's aren't give as much additional score as the harder ones.

That's what I thought. Thanks for the summary. Like I said, I knew I did Stan mode several times. A lot of the times the slings will just get the ball into the sinkhole. Then I shoot the lane so I can get some spins on the spinner. The stronger the spinner shot the more miles you put on the lock Canada MB.

I will say it again. Just like SurfrIder mentioned. We all commend what great work you did on these tables. After playing these tables, these could easily be in my top 10. Now it's even more difficult to pick. Shame on you ZEN!

Nah Just Kidding. I can't get enough.

I think the in-game rule sheet said you get an EB for raising it to it's max value. What is the max value? I have raised it to over 8 million which took a minute or 2. I hope it is 10 million because any higher than that it is probably not worth the effort, at least for me because it takes a few minutes to raise the skill shot value and if you miss the pirate you get bubkes.
    It is 10 million

Playing Pinball Arcade makes me want to scream. It has a bunch of tables I love in an almost unplayable state.
    This is why I never purchased, only played the demo several times. Seems there are a lot of TPA fans out there though. I guess I am just used to Zen's awesomeness with all of their tables.

I really love these tables. They're both great but I think I like the Butters table more. I'm glad to see Zen doing something other than Marvel and Star Wars. They did a great job utilizing the South Park license. I do have a few pieces of constructive criticism. On the Butters table the digital plunger pulls back way too fast. It's very hard to get the ball to drop into any of the skill shot lanes (much less the lit one). I DO like how you can change which lane is lit. The skill shots on the Super Sweet table are pretty much perfect. The super skill shot target is tough to hit but worth it. Also, on the Butters table, the kickbacks are too hard to light. I have a lot of trouble hitting those left-side spot targets. There should be an easier way (other than the vari-target). Other than that, I really like the Butters table. It looks great and the modes are fun.

The Super Sweet table is good but just pain hectic. I can get so many modes going (especially during multi-ball) that I lose track of what is active and what I'm trying to do. Also, the one thing that really drives me crazy is the extremely excessive use of speech. I don't think you can go five seconds without hearing a line of dialogue. A little speech is fine but it gets repetitive and grating very fast. On this table I would prefer to have 75+% of it removed and replaced with sound effects. Then again, sound effects are the one area where I'm not generally impressed with Zen. Most of the tables seem to lack exciting sound effects. This is something that bothers me and I don't understand it. It's not that Zen is incapable of producing good audio. Quite the contrary. They have some fantastic music in some of the tables (El Dorado, Mars, Fear Itself, Wolverine, etc.). I don't understand how they can get music so right and sound effects so wrong. Of course this is all just my opinion, based on my tastes. Anyway, these tables are overall great and I hope my suggestions can help with future table design.

I also wanted to commend both Deep and Ndever. The tables are a lot of fun. Also, has anyone found any easter eggs that Ndever mentioned were in his table? I'm not sure if the easter eggs are related to South Park or not. I certainly haven't noticed any cow easter eggs (Cows and easter eggs).
    Both tables have some little easter eggs and they are all related to the show. On Super Sweet you have to look for them on Butters' table you have to score for them

Quote Originally Posted by MWink View Post
    I really love these tables. They're both great but I think I like the Butters table more. I'm glad to see Zen doing something other than Marvel and Star Wars. They did a great job utilizing the South Park license. I do have a few pieces of constructive criticism. On the Butters table the digital plunger pulls back way too fast. It's very hard to get the ball to drop into any of the skill shot lanes (much less the lit one). I DO like how you can change which lane is lit. The skill shots on the Super Sweet table are pretty much perfect. The super skill shot target is tough to hit but worth it. Also, on the Butters table, the kickbacks are too hard to light. I have a lot of trouble hitting those left-side spot targets. There should be an easier way (other than the vari-target). Other than that, I really like the Butters table. It looks great and the modes are fun.

The Super Sweet table is good but just pain hectic. I can get so many modes going (especially during multi-ball) that I lose track of what is active and what I'm trying to do. Also, the one thing that really drives me crazy is the extremely excessive use of speech. I don't think you can go five seconds without hearing a line of dialogue. A little speech is fine but it gets repetitive and grating very fast. On this table I would prefer to have 75+% of it removed and replaced with sound effects. Then again, sound effects are the one area where I'm not generally impressed with Zen. Most of the tables seem to lack exciting sound effects. This is something that bothers me and I don't understand it. It's not that Zen is incapable of producing good audio. Quite the contrary. They have some fantastic music in some of the tables (El Dorado, Mars, Fear Itself, Wolverine, etc.). I don't understand how they can get music so right and sound effects so wrong. Of course this is all just my opinion, based on my tastes. Anyway, these tables are overall great and I hope my suggestions can help with future table design.
    I actually find the kickbacks on Butters very reasonable and rewarding while on Super Sweet it is a risky endeavour with the risk outweighing the reward for me at this stage. The voices do repeat a lot on Super Sweet but I don't reasonably think that you would be able to capture the South Park feel if you don't have classic sayings from the show. I play with music off at all times as it drives me (and my wife who hears it from the background) crazy e.g. Paranormal game lasted more than 24 hours. I don't understand why they can't have the characters say more things, rather than just repeating the same lines. There must be some technical limitation (which somebody might have explained before on the forum but I can't remember now). It drove me crazy on Deadpool but I am so far still enjoying the South Park humour... will it last though?

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I don't understand why they can't have the characters say more things, rather than just repeating the same lines. There must be some technical limitation (which somebody might have explained before on the forum but I can't remember now). It drove me crazy on Deadpool but I am so far still enjoying the South Park humour... will it last though?
    Its because memory limitations. We don't use streaming, so everything has to be stuffed into the memory at once.

Its because memory limitations. We don't use streaming, so everything has to be stuffed into the memory at once.
    That makes sense. I'm actually surprised at how much speech the Super Sweet table has. I'd still rather have some of it removed and replaced with sound effects, or at least not play as often. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't EVERY ramp/orbit/etc. shot play a line? Maybe the dialogue could play every 3-5 shots instead. I just feel that, having it play so often, it gets repetitive and loses it's charm.

Quote Originally Posted by MWink View Post
    That makes sense. I'm actually surprised at how much speech the Super Sweet table has. I'd still rather have some of it removed and replaced with sound effects, or at least not play as often. Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't EVERY ramp/orbit/etc. shot play a line? Maybe the dialogue could play every 3-5 shots instead. I just feel that, having it play so often, it gets repetitive and loses it's charm.
    You at least have to give up some respect when you have the TIMMY frenzy going on, and you nail an outlane at that PERFECT moment during the "lords of the underworld" song is playing, and then TIMMMAHHH!

I have a very hard time not laughing my ass off when that happens.

p.s. also the very best rock band song to play with your drunk friends.

Completed Tables:
    Spider-Man, Ms. Splosion Man, Captain America, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Sorcerer's Lair, Plants vs. Zombies, The Avengers, World War Hulk, Civil War, Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Super League Football

Xbox 360 ID: NoahChron
    PlayStation 4 ID: richc111
    PS4 Twitch Livestreams: http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre

Thanks for the explanation. It is a pity though. Maybe you can have different sets of sounds (or a randomly compiled set) that can be loaded into memory and each time you start a new game a different set gets loaded. Obviously, key mission related sayings need to stay but a bunch of the other stuff can be replaced with different clips. Obviously, I'm not a programmer and have no idea if any of this is even remotely possible... and talk is cheap

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Default Are the tables coming to WiiU?

Are the tables coming to WiiU, since it is the superior console?

What is your goal when all of the Manbearpig letters are lit up? Also, on Butter's table, when a particular mode is about to start, a song from Les Claypool's Purple Onion album starts up, I believe it's "Simon Says".
    And yeah, at first I thought the slingshots were less sensitive on these tables. But they seem to be on par with WD, especially Butter's table. I believe Butter's table is challenging enough without hard slingshots. Considering that the kickbacks are so hard to get. I have to say the Super Sweet table is very life like. Butter is also pretty realistic.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    What is your goal when all of the Manbearpig letters are lit up?
    Shoot the center lane, where the Chef's robot TV is by default.

Shoot the center lane, where the Chef's robot TV is by default.
    Thanks for the quick reply Deep, and the awesome work you did on this table. Also, does "Episodes Watched" go towards End of Ball Bonus at all?

Thanks for the quick reply Deep, and the awesome work you did on this table. Also, does "Episodes Watched" go towards End of Ball Bonus at all?
    Well thank you, I did my best I have to check the BO bonus section of the code, I will tomorrow and let you know

Well thank you, I did my best I have to check the BO bonus section of the code, I will tomorrow and let you know
    Cool, thank you. Is the Chef's robot TV the same TV as the Episodes Watched TV? I hit this TV when Manbearpig is lit up, but it just says Episodes Watched like usual.

Also, on the Butter table, how is Biker multiball started up? I've started it up a few times, but can't quite figure out how.

Welcome ndever.

Thanks everyone for the info, will try to incorporate them into the Guide.

Also, on the Butter table, how is Biker multiball started up? I've started it up a few times, but can't quite figure out how.
    Hit all of those Targets dotted around the Table like at the entrance of the Right Ramp, then you will be able to lock Balls at the centre mini-orbit.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Ok, got it. Thanks.

Cool, thank you. Is the Chef's robot TV the same TV as the Episodes Watched TV? I hit this TV when Manbearpig is lit up, but it just says Episodes Watched like usual.
    That TV should be lowered, when Manbearpig is lit, revealing a sinkhole.

Wow, VERY impressed with both of these tables!! need to spend some more time with them but I can already tell they will both be among my all time favorites from you guys. Agree with others who have said that they compliment each other perfectly! As a fan of the show I really think these tables capture its mood perfectly. Graphics and sound are amazing and the number of missions and multiballs is incredible. After a few games on each table there is still so much I haven't activated. And that stacking...

I checked it, and yes, there is an end of ball bonus for the watched episodes

According to the table instructions there is a large bonus and an Extra Ball rewarded at 247 Episodes Watched.
    Completed Tables:
    Spider-Man, Ms. Splosion Man, Captain America, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Sorcerer's Lair, Plants vs. Zombies, The Avengers, World War Hulk, Civil War, Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Super League Football

Quote Originally Posted by Liz View Post
    Are the tables coming to WiiU, since it is the superior console?
    They will come later - I'll post when we have news.

Thanks for following up on that question Deep, you're the man! I really appreciate that. Also, I thought I'd let everyone know that on Butter, after you get past 10x multiplier, not only do you get an extra ball, but you get a pretty big bonus that seems like it continues too. I love bumper bonuses, like the one in Biolab. This one seems pretty similar. Nice job new designer guy (forget your name). I've been wanting to see this feature back on a table for awhile now!!

Left outlane on the Butters table is absolutely maddening. If you're going to do that I think the kickbacks should at least be a little easier to activate. Even after lighting all the STOTCH letters, shooting the left target bank still has a high chance of an outlane drain. Everything else on the table is so fun it's a shame I can rarely activate more than 1 mode per game because of this. Don't see myself ever being able to wizard mode this one... any tips from the few of you that have done it?
    Last edited by edc5036; 10-21-2014 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by edc5036 View Post
    Left outlane on the Butters table is absolutely maddening. If you're going to do that I think the kickbacks should at least be a little easier to activate. Even after lighting all the STOTCH letters, shooting the left target bank still has a high chance of an outlane drain. Everything else on the table is so fun it's a shame I can rarely activate more than 1 mode per game because of this. Don't see myself ever being able to wizard mode this one... any tips from the few of you that have done it?
    A single nudge of the table does the trick most of the times when the ball is heading to the outlane. Wery useful and common technique on pinball tables Try it if you didn't tried yet.

But the slingshots are so hard, the ball is faster than light and when you notice it will go on the outlane, it's too late to nudge. And when you are on a multiball, you can't nudge every 4 seconds to avoid drains.
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Quote Originally Posted by Mammouth View Post
    But the slingshots are so hard, the ball is faster than light and when you notice it will go on the outlane, it's too late to nudge. And when you are on a multiball, you can't nudge every 4 seconds to avoid drains.
    Well, yeah as I wrote, not all the time would this help. But when the ball is bouncing there, it can help. It is pinball after all, and drains happen in pinball. The only way to ensure that the ball wont go to an outlane is: dont't miss any of your shots.
    But this gave me an idea, what if I would implement in my future tables a practice mode, where infinite kickbacks/ballsave could be enabled.

The only way to ensure that the ball wont go to an outlane is: dont't miss any of your shots.
    But when i want to go to the Biker Multiball, i need to shot some targets which are above the slingshots. My shot is not missed, i hit the target, but the ball falls on the slingshot after that, and it's the classical "double slingshot-outlane 3hits combo you-lose". Sometimes, it's also the "double slingshot-outlane-kickbak-double slingshot-other outlane 7hits combo you-lose-the-ball-and-the-kickback"...
    I'm pretty sure i have seen the Mustache Man with black hoodie saying "I have F**ked you right in the p***y" to me after theses combos.

On the Super Sweet, hard slingshots are not a pain because the ball don't go on the outlanes each time. It's only sometimes.

A practice mode ? Why not but in my opinion (which is mine only), i play for score and i have no fun in playing "pour du beurre" in french, i can translate that with "for nothing". Because it's obvious that your score in practice mode will not be registered (and it's totally legit).

Quote Originally Posted by Mammouth View Post
    A practice mode ? Why not but in my opinion (which is mine only), i play for score and i have no fun in playing "pour du beurre" in french, i can translate that with "for nothing". Because it's obvious that your score in practice mode will not be registered (and it's totally legit).
    In practice mode, you could complete all the modes much easier, play through the wizard mode, master all the shots you need. Then switch the parctice mode off, and place a high score to the leaderboards. I think this could help for a lot of players who can't make much progress in one game.

A single nudge of the table does the trick most of the times when the ball is heading to the outlane. Wery useful and common technique on pinball tables Try it if you didn't tried yet.
    Thanks deep that is definitely a skill I need to work on. Just helped me with a real nice 383M game on your table! #2 score on Android

Firstly, I love this table...thank you for being so thoughtful in the design...spot on! I experienced a weird glitch in South Park SSP. I had the ball in the football play field when the ball hopped over the barrier on the left. The ball entered the main play field but the camera remained focused on the football field. I blindly kept the ball alive hoping the camera would realize what was happening but it didn't and I had to let the ball go. Has this happened to anyone else? This was on my iPad retina running iOS 8.0.0.

In practice mode, you could complete all the modes much easier, play through the wizard mode, master all the shots you need. Then switch the parctice mode off, and place a high score to the leaderboards. I think this could help for a lot of players who can't make much progress in one game.
    I prefer a beginner mode and pro mode instead. Have two different sets of leader boards for the two modes and two sets of challenges. Each complete set of challenges will give you a trophy/achievement.

This is just something to think about while making Pinball FX/Zen Pinball 3. Whenever that will be.

and now #1 on Android for the Butters table with 217M!

here's a tip... focus on those bumpers and rollovers. easy extra ball at 10x then you get 5M a pop each time you light all three after that. combined with the 2.5M you can get by repeatedly doing the dress butters thing your score will add up fast!

You can sort of do that already, though not as easily as a seperate mode would be, by going into adjustments and turning up the number of balls, tilts, time allowed, etc. which could be a way to practice if people want to.

Deep or Ndever, have you guys had a chance to check what might be causing the bug on the gift light always showing kickback on the Vita version of Butters? Is that fixable or not serious enough for the time it would take?
    Thanks!!!

My thoughts exactly! Love the old school feel this table has! Great work ndever!

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    Deep or Ndever, have you guys had a chance to check what might be causing the bug on the gift light always showing kickback on the Vita version of Butters? Is that fixable or not serious enough for the time it would take?
    Thanks!!!
    Yes, we checked on that one. Unfortunately we cannot fix the lamp but I might be able to make a little modification to that mode so every time you roll a present the dotmatrix will tell you what it is. I'll keep you posted on the date and when this is confirmed.

Awesome jobs Deep and Ndever...also I assume memory limitations only apply to the consoles with only 512mb of ram. Can't possibly be PC or PS4. Looking forward to more from all Zen's great designers.
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Default Arcade

Great but I was hoping it would be the Arcade version of South Park Pinball

Do you think there will have more south park table in future

Yes, we checked on that one. Unfortunately we cannot fix the lamp but I might be able to make a little modification to that mode so every time you roll a present the dotmatrix will tell you what it is. I'll keep you posted on the date and when this is confirmed.
    Thanks, that would work just as well. And thank you for getting back to me on this. It's so refreshing to ask about an issue on a game and have someone in the know get back to you. You guys at Zen are great at this and I wish more developers would follow your lead.

Streaming the two tables until 9:30.

http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre
    Completed Tables:

Does anyone have any details on the bumper bonus mode on the Super Sweet table, the "methane gas" mode or whatever it's called. Does this bonus keep raising, and if it does, what does it go up to? Is there any other details to this mode? Thank you!

Does anyone have any details on the bumper bonus mode on the Super Sweet table, the "methane gas" mode or whatever it's called. Does this bonus keep raising, and if it does, what does it go up to? Is there any other details to this mode? Thank you!
    During Windy Bumpers all bumper hits are worth 50k. 50k x number of bumper hits is rewarded after a trip through the bumpers rather than per hit, I believe that this means if you are getting some bumpers when the mode runs out you don't get the bonus from it. Furthermore, the bonus does not hold over. This mode lasts 20 seconds, and the number of bumper hits required to start it increases by 10 each time the mode ends.
    Completed Tables:

The mode lasts 30 seconds, and every bumper hit adds 5000 pts to the next bumper hit. You will get the score of the actual hits when the ball leaves the bumper area. So you can get even 100k or more for a single bumper hit

Quote Originally Posted by Frapril View Post
    Do you think there will have more south park table in future
    If we did more SP tables, what kinds of things would you like to see? Any specific characters or features?

But this gave me an idea, what if I would implement in my future tables a practice mode, where infinite kickbacks/ballsave could be enabled.
    First of all, thanks Zen team for turning me into a huge pinball fan! Part of what I like is the slow sense of skill progression. I know I am getting better little by little. My intuition and bag of tricks keeps getting stronger, which then makes the tables more interesting and challenging, especially when I go back to tables I haven't played in a while.

There are times I am working on a table and I love this idea of a practice mode of sorts. I think what deep mentioned about unlimited ball saves and kickbacks is a good idea for the times you just want to practice moving the ball around without worrying about score.

I was also thinking about something that is implemented in fighting games. When you are practicing you can push a button like select and the whole scene gets reset. In pinball, maybe the ball could reset to the left or right inlane so you can practice certain shots. Maybe this is more difficult to implement but the user could put the ball anywhere on the table and reset to that position with the push of a button, like for practicing death saves or whatnot.

Finally, how about rewind? Like slow motion mode but just a slow rewind while the button is held down instead. There have been plenty of times where I wish I could just take a shot over again.

Anyway, thanks again. I am always looking forward to what's next!

Quote Originally Posted by littlechunk View Post
    I was also thinking about something that is implemented in fighting games. When you are practicing you can push a button like select and the whole scene gets reset. In pinball, maybe the ball could reset to the left or right inlane so you can practice certain shots. Maybe this is more difficult to implement but the user could put the ball anywhere on the table and reset to that position with the push of a button, like for practicing death saves or whatnot.

Finally, how about rewind? Like slow motion mode but just a slow rewind while the button is held down instead. There have been plenty of times where I wish I could just take a shot over again.
    That would be awesome. I love the idea of a reset/rewind feature, would be super helpful in getting your aim juuuuust right for certain shots

Maybe this is more difficult to implement but the user could put the ball anywhere on the table and reset to that position with the push of a button, like for practicing death saves or whatnot.
    What a great idea!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    If we did more SP tables, what kinds of things would you like to see? Any specific characters or features?
    My all-time favourite episode is called the Goobacks (seventh episode of the eighth season). There is more than enough hilarious stuff happening in that episode for a table to be based on.

They took our jobs!!!
    Last edited by Cloda; 10-28-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Two of the children who became prominent in South Park that are not in either table...... Tweek and Pip. They could be worthy subjects for a table.....

Well, after not expecting too much from these tables (not a big South Park fan) I have to say I would definitely be up for some more! Both tables are so much fun to play, here's my thoughts on them.

Super-Sweet table:

• Love the length of the games. By that I mean the fact games don't go on forever, I think it's because the table is so frantic and that suits me fine.
    • Feels like it could be an actual pinball machine, some lovely art too. The bus is cool and the wiggly rails from it are a fun touch.
    • Such variety in the missions etc. There is always something going on too, actually usually about 3 or more things! A blast when everything is stacked up and running.
    • No dull mini-game!
    • Mr Hankey Multiball is hilarious, a nice challenge too. It's fun trying to keep your eyes on the upper playfield area and juggle the, ahem, "balls"... I love the start of it too, makes me think a Zen Christmas table would be something special
    • The Pirate skill shot is a good idea, when it's maxed and you get that Extra Ball it feels like a real reward. Nice sound effect too.

Butters table:

• Again, feels like a real pin. Nice pace to it and as others have said, an old school feel to it.
    • Some great sound effects like the little rumble on the drums, some of the effects remind me of the Wizard of Oz pinball machine. Some pretty flashes as well that make the table sparkle. I still want more flashes though...
    • I love all the music on this table, I guess we have the South Park creators to thank for the songs but they are well used and add to the gentle yet challenging vibe.
    • I like the spinning mission wheel, I think it could have been cool if there was a Multiball where you had to lock all balls in it so they were all spinning madly round and then they got fired out at the end.
    • The Wizard mode is really fun, nicely done.
    • I think it's impossible to aim for the right hand target for Biker MB, I'm happy with that as it makes getting it a treat and not just something that starts every game.
    • Kick-backs are nicely balanced, tempting to go for but there is risk there too. As it should be in my opinion, kick-backs shouldn't be a gimme.

Anyway, just some of my thoughts there and feel free to ignore them!

A table based on The Coon is a safe option.

"It's coming right for us"

You got to have Ned and Uncle Jimbo in a table right?

Lots of good stuff

A "Death for Kenny" table !!
    All missions need to kill Kenny, but on differents ways, to activate the sorcerer's mode. In fact, the sorcerer's mode is a multiball where you gain jackpot for killing Kenny again, and again, AND AGAIN !!!

In fact, all things that activate something is about killing Kenny on a certain way.

Has anyone else noticed the creepy voice that periodically whispers "Kenny" on the super sweet table? You have to have your volume turned down some. Also, a Jesus or emo table would be hilarious!!! Skinny jeans mulitball!!!
    Last edited by lasvegaspinballhalloffame; 10-29-2014 at 10:31 PM.

Goth kids

KickBeaten Down

Chinpokomon Battle. Also anime south park kids with a "protect my balls" mode.
    Last edited by Solitude; 11-05-2014 at 06:38 AM.

* Lord of the Rings / Game of Thrones homage that South Park did in the Stick of Truth video game. Before I knew the second table was Butters I really thought it would be this theme for a tie-in with Stick of Truth. It'd be fun with the kids all dressed up playing pretend as paladins, wizards, and of course, Imperial Storm Troopers (dare to be different Kevin!).

* One of the multi-episode plots. Imaginationland or Pandemic (aka the one with the giant Guinea Pigs) for example.

* The obvious, though somewhat uninspired idea would be one table for each of the four major characters; Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny.

* A Season by Season series of Tables. aka Season 1, Season 2, Season 3 (kind of like what was done for the Star Wars movies tables)

* You could really throw things sideways with a table that has South Park poking fun at Mormons. I use them specifically because nearly every other organized group else gets skewered more and harder. Alternately you could do a table for Book of Mormon.

* A table based on the movie South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut. Extra funny if the table itself is extra long.

* There's definitely enough episodes to do a table just for Randy. World's Largest Poo, Creme Fraiche, Bat Dad, Medicinal Marijuana, and Spontaneous Combustion to name a few episodes.

* Santa and Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by dave950lam View Post
    Two of the children who became prominent in South Park that are not in either table...... Tweek and Pip. They could be worthy subjects for a table.....
    Tweek is featured in Butters' table. He has his own mode.

Batdad does have a mode in SS pinball, but The Stick of Truth could be table-worthy.

One mode that should be in any future SP table would be a Jimbo & Ned hunting mode.

oh man, I'm kinda annoyed with the butters table.

Damn you last of the meheecans mode!!!! I was 1 shot away from finishing it, and getting to the wizard mode. Also only needed about 10 more movie ideas for a 4th extra ball. DRAIN

Was my best game on that table too and only came away with 123 mil

Default A Couple of Ideas

A Summer Camp Themed table featuring the handicapped kids with a bunch of different sports that could have a Shut Up Mimsy mode! Also a table featuring Cartman with a mode that includes him fighting Mr. Nelson the midget. Peace Out!

Default Just to Elaborate.

To elaborate on the table ideas I had. On the Summer Camp Sports Table have a similar port to the soccer table you guys did as a mode. Some type of Dodgeball and a Kayaking mode where you have to make your way through wild rapids. On a Cartman Table you can have him dressed in a Boxing outfit ready to take on all his arch enemies. Wendy, Kyle, Aliens, Mr. Nelson, etc.

Default Wii U!

South Park Pinball is coming to Wii U on December 11th!

Default Another 'Hidden' Treat.....

The BGM for Mr Hankey Multiball....... Kyle's Mom is a B....

Quote Originally Posted by dave950lam View Post
    Tweek was only "prominent" after they killed off kenny for an entire season. Really he was only around as a main character for a couple of episodes.

as for Pip. Pip always sucked, they did the charles dickens episode around pip (and it was well.... crappy until the last 4 minutes). They killed pip off a very very long time ago. Don't think anyone misses him.

No point in bringing him back in any form.

Quote Originally Posted by vitus979 View Post
    * Lord of the Rings / Game of Thrones homage that South Park did in the Stick of Truth video game. Before I knew the second table was Butters I really thought it would be this theme for a tie-in with Stick of Truth. It'd be fun with the kids all dressed up playing pretend as paladins, wizards, and of course, Imperial Storm Troopers (dare to be different Kevin!).
    I'll 3rd the request for a Stick of Truth based board. I liked in the past also epic quest; fighting monsters, doing quests, collecting loot & keeping it between plays. Also the marvel tables with the balls being different characters. In a Stick of Truth board these ideas can be looked at again. Each ball could be a character. Extra Balls you can unlock could also be different minor characters collected on side quests. They could each have rpg style item and/or stats that are persistent game to game. Start with the 3 main characters kyle, stan, cartman. Collect/save princess kenny to start the end-game multiball that ends when kenny dies & possibly includes allowing all remaining balls to launch in to help in the final showdown.

One of the devs was commenting about a practice mode. I think its a great idea! At the start of the table you can pick to modes, Big Kids (pro) and Lil Kids (practice) Trial version of game is limited to lil kids mode only. practice mode doesn't let you carry over anything to other play throughs, and you are limited to only one in game day/night cycle to score

In lil kids mode you pick 2 of the extra ball unlocks to skip to build your starting party of 5 balls, also table is auto-adjusted in operators mode to be easier (table angle, longer timers, higher limits ect) Also 'baby bumpers' a second set of stackable kickbacks & ball saves is easily unlockable with every 1 million points scored. (kick the baby!) Additionally in practice mode unlike regular mode you can re-unlock extra balls you lose, and resurection-taco's to bring back main characters are an easy freebie shot instead of super difficult unlocks.

A minute into game its the night cycle starts. If trial mode taco now results in instant death and baby bumpers and kickbacks are well as all extra balls are lost and disabled. 'bed time' alarm comes on in digital screen to send the 'player' to bed. Voice protests 'but I havn't reached a save point yet!' The current ball is sent to the drain and any current modes end. The lost ball is auto relaunched. Make a skillshot to take a secret last second attempt at end game kenny mode. If you own full game you can continue to play throughout the night cycle, but score attempt is saved and current score is reset to zero at the end of each night cycle.

game has ~1 minute day/night cycle that effect ramp/locations being open/closed and having various effects on different missions.

Practice mode/lilkids mode would serve a few purposes:
    pros can do couple minute speed runs seeing how many modes can be completed including end game multiball in a single day/night cycle.
    trial users get to see and try all different modes easily
    beginners get many attempts at different modes and shots.

lil kids mode is simple easy to get a long play session and actually 'complete the game', but limits you by making you start over score wise ever few minutes. it's about getting a lot of points in a sprint, or figuring out how the table plays.

The main goal is to collect all the balls/characters, level them all up by complete their side quests, then get kenny and have final multiball show down.

Anyways, that was just a few thoughts. Keep up the great work zen. I love this games. Zen pinball easily has the highest playtime of any of my console games.
    Last edited by minion; 12-23-2014 at 06:58 PM.

I didn't tell you before but you gain a new player since october with Super Sweet Pinball :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj1ISk9Zguk
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Quote Originally Posted by wims View Post
    I didn't tell you before but you gain a new player since october with Super Sweet Pinball :

SO CUTE! Future pinball wizard

Sure, succession is assured !
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Quote Originally Posted by wims View Post

We must all make sure to have heir, so that they may continue our glory

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Default Weldone

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    That was pretty neat, Barbie!
    This site is full of fun, entertainment, enjoyment, learning and knowledge. Thanks a lot admins.
    Wish u best of luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12