Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OU7CAS7
    • Sep 2013

Star Wars: Episode 5 centre hole bug

On the Star Wars Episode 5: Empire Strikes Back table, about 50% of the time after I activate the Cloud Multi-ball mode, the centre hole stays open, which either partially or completely prevents me from entering or continuing the following modes:

Mission #1 (centre flap)
    Movie mode
    VADER mode (centre flap)
    Mode bonus (centre flap)
    Imperial Multi-ball

With the last one, the multi-ball mode can start, but you can't shoot at the tie fighter properly. Despite this, on occasion, the game would still award me with a considerable number of points in the 1 - 5 million range, even just shooting the ball into the centre hole. Weird.

I believe that this bug has something to do with the activation of the Cloud Multi-ball mode, in conjunction with another / other mode(s) activated either before or during the Cloud Multi-ball mode.

From memory, there has only been one time when I have been able to clear it; I think it was by re-running another Cloud Multi-ball mode, but can't be certain.

I'm using the Windows 8 version of Pinball FX2, so I don't know if this happens on other platform versions.
    - Laptop specifications -

Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
    RAM: 16GB
    CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.3GHz
    Dedicated Video Graphics: nVidia RTX 2060
  • OriginalEther
    • Feb 2013

It happens on Xbox 360 also.
    Forget what triggers it, or how to fix it.

Actually worked well for me one time, as it popped and stayed open during the frenzy mode. Lots of super jackpots.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Comment

• OU7CAS7
      • Sep 2013

Originally posted by OriginalEther
      It happens on Xbox 360 also.
      Forget what triggers it, or how to fix it.

Actually worked well for me one time, as it popped and stayed open during the frenzy mode. Lots of super jackpots.
      Thanks for replying, OriginalEther. So, that makes two different platforms with this bug.

I wonder if some players will object to getting this one fixed, if it makes it easier to score big...
      - Laptop specifications -

Operating System: Windows 10 Home (64-bit)
      RAM: 16GB
      CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.3GHz
      Dedicated Video Graphics: nVidia RTX 2060

Comment

• OriginalEther
        • Feb 2013

Possible, but I doubt, as the bug is a nuisance more often than not.

I can't remember how many times it's happened to me. Anywhere from 2-4 times I think. Only once did it benefit me.
        Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
        Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo

Comment

Working...