Thread: Online play has gone really slow

Default Online play has gone really slow

Something is up with online play. It has gone really slow. All the other online games I play are fine. It's only planet minigolf that has gone slow.

Quote Originally Posted by ennogs View Post
    Something is up with online play. It has gone really slow. All the other online games I play are fine. It's only planet minigolf that has gone slow.
    Can you be more specific? What exactly is slow about it?

If you play a random multiplayer course it is taking a lot longer to download the course. If you play online it takes ages for a game to start. When an online game does start it is really slow and unplayable. My internet connection is 35 meg download and 9 meg upload.

Try playing an online game and you will hopefully see what I mean.

Default Getting worse

The slowness seems to be getting worse. When I choose a random course for 2 players sometimes before the course has downloaded I get a "disconnected from the server" error message.

The slowness seems to be getting worse. When I choose a random course for 2 players sometimes before the course has downloaded I get a "disconnected from the server" error message.
    Is this happening with any other games? Might try resetting your router to make sure it's not your connection.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Is this happening with any other games? Might try resetting your router to make sure it's not your connection.
    It's only happening with planet minigolf. Any other online game on my PS3 and PC is playing ok. For about 1.5 years planet minigolf was fine now all of a sudden it is very slow. Online play is not an option any more due to the slowness.

It's only happening with planet minigolf. Any other online game on my PS3 and PC is playing ok. For about 1.5 years planet minigolf was fine now all of a sudden it is very slow. Online play is not an option any more due to the slowness.
    Thanks - will let the team know.

We weren't able to reproduce this issue - Definitely check your connections/restart your router/modem and see if that helps at all.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    We weren't able to reproduce this issue - Definitely check your connections/restart your router/modem and see if that helps at all.
    Thank you for your reply. I had tried cheking connections, switching from wired to wirless connection, reseting router etc.

Thank you for your reply. I had tried cheking connections, switching from wired to wirless connection, reseting router etc.
    Tonight when I tried to play a 2 player multiplayer i kept on getting connection failed. I tried resetting PS3 and my router. As a side note my fat PS3 die on me and i bought a second hand slim PS3.