Thread: Flipper Recoil

Default Flipper Recoil

Default Flipper Recoil

One thing I notice while playing PFX is the slow recoil the flippers do when you release the button. When you flip the flipper, it goes up very quickly (which any flipper, real or virtual should do). But the recoil (or return), sooooo slow.... It penalizes the safeguarding style when defending a ball hung up in the slingshots, or banking towards the flippers. Real flippers recoil as fast as they flip. Any chance of tweaking this?

This happens to me occasionally, although the flipper just sticks in the up position. If I hit the trigger again it goes right down.
    I think this is a controller issue for me. Have you tried a different controller? This usually only happens when I've been playing for a while.

I use standard 360 controllers. It's a zen thing. On TPA the flippers recoil as fast as they flip.

I have been playing this game since it first came out and I can't say that I have really noticed that flipper recoil being specifically slow. I guess other than you, I have not been comparing it to anything else as I don't have the opportunity to play real tables and I don't like Pinball Arcade much. I have been able to put up big scores and have had super long games and to be honest I don't want any further assistance (e.g. faster flipper recoil) as I am enjoying the tendency for newer tables to be more difficult e.g. with the stronger slingshots and harder to lit kickbacks. I'll rather have one or two quick games than have a marathon session over a couple of days e.g. Paranormal, Ms. Splosion Man. So, sorry to say, if this comes to a vote, don't count me in
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread