Thread: Question about Fantastic Four

Default Question about Fantastic Four

Is there a limit to how many times the "Fantastic Four Multiball" (light the nine FANTASTIC letters and then lock four balls) can be triggered?

Quote Originally Posted by gaz5021 View Post
    Is there a limit to how many times the "Fantastic Four Multiball" (light the nine FANTASTIC letters and then lock four balls) can be triggered?
    Nope, no limit for that.

I think there's a bug, then. Every time I play, I get to a point where I simply can't lock any more balls. It doesn't come up with "Lock is lit", either. I can usually activate the multiball 2-3 times but I always end up having all the FANTASTIC letters lit up with no way to lock any balls. Thing multiball and Sign multiball both continue to work properly (and I usually activate them both many times throughout the game).

I think there's a bug, then. Every time I play, I get to a point where I simply can't lock any more balls. It doesn't come up with "Lock is lit", either. I can usually activate the multiball 2-3 times but I always end up having all the FANTASTIC letters lit up with no way to lock any balls. Thing multiball and Sign multiball both continue to work properly (and I usually activate them both many times throughout the game).
    Hmm, this issue has never been reported before. Are you sure it is not paused by the Doom or Invisible Woman mission modes? You can complete the targets, when these modes are running, but the locking mechanism will be activated when they end. What other modes was running when you experienced the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    Hmm, this issue has never been reported before. Are you sure it is not paused by the Doom or Invisible Woman mission modes? You can complete the targets, when these modes are running, but the locking mechanism will be activated when they end. What other modes was running when you experienced the problem?
    No, it's definitely not being prevented by any other modes. Many of my games go for hours (I'm about 3rd worldwide) and once the issue occurs, that's it for Fantastic Four Multiball, I'm unable to lock any balls. I can start and finish missions, other multiball modes, beat Galactus, anything - and it won't reactivate, even though the FANTASTIC lights are all lit up.

I'm trying to think of other factors / variables - I do activate Thing and Sign multiball a lot, and often concurrently. I always have Negative Zone activated, unless I have recently lost it, in which case I immediately attempt to activate it again. I sometimes deliberately fail the Mr. Fantastic mission for the purpose of having it available when I need to reactivate Negative Zone. I occasionally fail the Human Torch mission deliberately, sometimes I spend AGES trying to complete it, whether successfully or unsuccessfully. Occasionally (very rarely) Negative Zone doesn't save me when I lose my ball - I'm not sure if this should happen or not (maybe the ball needs to drop through a particular spot for it to work).

Please let me know if there's any other info I might be able to help with.

Thank you for the report, I'll try to reproduce and fix it. One more thing: are you playing on WiiU or 3DS?

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    Thank you for the report, I'll try to reproduce and fix it. One more thing: are you playing on WiiU or 3DS?
    No worries at all. Thanks for the replies / efforts. Wii U.
    Last edited by gaz5021; 11-25-2014 at 09:43 AM.

No, it's definitely not being prevented by any other modes. Many of my games go for hours (I'm about 3rd worldwide) and once the issue occurs, that's it for Fantastic Four Multiball, I'm unable to lock any balls. I can start and finish missions, other multiball modes, beat Galactus, anything - and it won't reactivate, even though the FANTASTIC lights are all lit up.

I'm trying to think of other factors / variables - I do activate Thing and Sign multiball a lot, and often concurrently. I always have Negative Zone activated, unless I have recently lost it, in which case I immediately attempt to activate it again. I sometimes deliberately fail the Mr. Fantastic mission for the purpose of having it available when I need to reactivate Negative Zone. I occasionally fail the Human Torch mission deliberately, sometimes I spend AGES trying to complete it, whether successfully or unsuccessfully. Occasionally (very rarely) Negative Zone doesn't save me when I lose my ball - I'm not sure if this should happen or not (maybe the ball needs to drop through a particular spot for it to work).

I hadn't noticed this glitch but I have definitely had the ball drain twice in a row with the negative zone lit. That was very frustrating as the 3ds version had this problem even worse then the Wii U. Good scores btw. I love this table but it's definitely been the glitchyest of all the Zen Tables across the 3ds and Wii U.
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    I hadn't noticed this glitch but I have definitely had the ball drain twice in a row with the negative zone lit. That was very frustrating as the 3ds version had this problem even worse then the Wii U. Good scores btw. I love this table but it's definitely been the glitchyest of all the Zen Tables across the 3ds and Wii U.
    Yeah, last time Negative Zone failed me, it failed me twice in a row. Thanks.

I was going to hold off on buying more tables once I realised this multiball behaviour is in fact a glitch. Deep's quick response and promise to check it out has changed my mind, though. It's finally time for me to try some more tables!

If you need any suggestions I can always give a hand. I do have them all if you haven't noticed.

If you need any suggestions I can always give a hand. I do have them all if you haven't noticed.
    Thanks! Yeah I have noticed your name is near the top of the rankings for every table I have looked at. Haha.

A good friend of mine has the "Marvel" pack so I just grabbed that. The Avengers is interesting so far.

What would you say are your favourites, not including F4, Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair and The Avengers?

Thanks! Yeah I have noticed your name is near the top of the rankings for every table I have looked at. Haha.

A good friend of mine has the "Marvel" pack so I just grabbed that. The Avengers is interesting so far.

What would you say are your favourites, not including F4, Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair and The Avengers?
    Lol, you just eliminated some really good ones. Btw the Avengers table was the quickest for me to hit the infamous 2.147 billion score. I figured something out rather quick on like my 5th or 6th game.

My other favorites would be Infinity Gauntlet, (it's one crazy table and has to be played to believe) Captian America,
    Dead Pool, (it's just so funny but extremely difficult table to come to grasp with) Dr Strange if only for the mission variety, World War Hulk because of the many ramps and Guardians of the Galaxy. I like the pacing of that table but not so fond of the way the table starts every time.

In truth though there is only a couple I'm not fond of at all and that's Ironman and Eldorado. The first is imo poorly designed and the second is just boring.

Honerable mention goes to V12, it's different enough to stand on it's own and is one hard table to master.

Lol, you just eliminated some really good ones. Btw the Avengers table was the quickest for me to hit the infamous 2.147 billion score. I figured something out rather quick on like my 5th or 6th game.

My other favorites would be Infinity Gauntlet, (it's one crazy table and has to be played to believe) Captian America,
    Dead Pool, (it's just so funny but extremely difficult table to come to grasp with) Dr Strange if only for the mission variety, World War Hulk because of the many ramps and Guardians of the Galaxy. I like the pacing of that table but not so fond of the way the table starts every time.

In truth though there is only a couple I'm not fond of at all and that's Ironman and Eldorado. The first is imo poorly designed and the second is just boring.

Honerable mention goes to V12, it's different enough to stand on it's own and is one hard table to master.
    Thanks! Yeah, those first three tables were recommended to me by friends.