Thread: Venom Pinball!

Default Venom Pinball!

Spider-Man’s symbiotic nemesis gets his own pinball table! Get ready for Marvel's Venom pinball, coming December 10th! See our blog for more details!

Any word on if this is a higher scoring/ easier table than Deadpool?
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

The Venom trailer is now live, check it out on our blog!

Thanks Barb, just noticed you put that up. I have to say that I am extremely impressed with this table. Seems like it has just the right level of difficulty. There are so many things to figure out and explore on this table. I love all of the side orbit shots on it, reminds me of Fear Itself and Hans Solo in that aspect. The red guy (Carnage?) in the middle of the table is an extremely nice and entertaining touch. The mini playfield/bonus area is a GENIUS idea. I scored 45 million up ther ein just a minute or two!! I always love to see as many playfield area changes on a table as possible , and this is one of the best that's been produced yet. I'll add more thoughts today/night as I am able to play more of the table. But again, I forget the designer who did this one, but hats off to you Sir. One of the best Zen Studios Marvel tables yet.

Hopefully it is just an temporary update issue, but I thought I check in to see if anybody else have problems downloading the table. I manage to purchase it and it started downloading but it doesn't go through with the process. The download start, it goes to 1% but then soon after it jumps back to 0% and then after a while it shows 100% but without it actually having been downloaded. Nothing shows up when I opens Pinball FX2. Under the purchase options it also only shows "Venom", which seems a bit incomplete.

Anyway, I'll check in later and will report if the problem has been resolved.

Default Download Problem

I having the exact same problem downloading Venom, along with all my pinball mates. Any news on a fix becuase this looks like a wicked table.

Cheers

PhantomAudio

Cant they get anything right?

Thanks for the reports, guys - we're working with MS to get this fixed.

I can't download the venom table, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post
    Cant they get anything right?
    Alipan, with this table they prove that, yes, yes they can! This table easily goes into the top 5 Marvel tables yet. It is off the crazy chain big man. You're gonna to love it. Ok, now back to practicing on the superior PS3 version so that I can be sure to stay way ahea dof all of you on the 360 leaderboards:O

Default still yet

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    Alipan, with this table they prove that, yes, yes they can! This table easily goes into the top 5 Marvel tables yet. It is off the crazy chain big man. You're gonna to love it. Ok, now back to practicing on the superior PS3 version so that I can be sure to stay way ahea dof all of you on the 360 leaderboards:O
    I can't download still yet,in 360.And I had to download this table for Steam.Ball capture system in this table is so easy.I'm anxious about it.By the way,hurry up to fix this problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace of Artemis View Post
    I can't download still yet,in 360.And I had to download this table for Steam.Ball capture system in this table is so easy.I'm anxious about it.By the way,hurry up to fix this problem.
    It has been escalated to Microsoft - just waiting to hear back from them on this issue. Will post when I have news.

Thanks Barb. I want to mention what's happening on the outsides of the table this time. So simple, but powerful and brilliant. Giant strands of black webs, continuously in motion. SWEET.

Default No download

I also have purchased the Venom table but the 360 refuses to download it.

Damn it! Me too. Well this works well alongside MS' 'no refunds' policy. Still, it's the first time this has happened to me in, what, 50+ table purchases?

A quick fix for us Pinball addicts would be very welcome!

GT: x Mataeus

I envy your enthusiasm. Unfortunately I find it hard to get excited about Marvel tables these days - not that I could play it even if I wanted to it seems lol...

Still Ill be back to chase your score one day. We were always quite well matched on the leaderboards I seem to remember.

Thumbs up

And we have lift-off! Table downloaded and is working... see you on the leader-board

Hah! I just bought it for Android to tide me over until the 360 version got fixed.

Thanks for the heads up, Cloda.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    And we have lift-off! Table downloaded and is working... see you on the leader-board
    Wish I could say the same.... Still won't download.

We're still waiting for MS to give confirmation on when this will be fixed - sorry for the delay!

No confirmation from MS just yet, but it looks like the leaderboards are starting to populate - anyone who originally couldn't download - try again and let me know if you have any luck with Venom!

Still won't download for me either. It is showing up on the xbox one, but asks me to pay and I already paid on my 360. Hopefully MS will get it taken care of.

I envy your enthusiasm. Unfortunately I find it hard to get excited about Marvel tables these days - not that I could play it even if I wanted to it seems lol...

Still Ill be back to chase your score one day. We were always quite well matched on the leaderboards I seem to remember.
    Yes were were! So, you're not playing at all now a days?
    And Cloda, I'm about to try to download it now. Better get that score up chief!!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    No confirmation from MS just yet, but it looks like the leaderboards are starting to populate - anyone who originally couldn't download - try again and let me know if you have any luck with Venom!
    Ok tried again and no go, gave it another shot and it did download. So all of you, keep trying!

still does't work I bought the game yesterday on x360
    I'm trying to redownload from 'download history' but line shows progress 0% after a while the message "can't download Venom"
    so sad
    Last edited by PL_Szymi_PL; 12-11-2014 at 06:59 PM.

Default Venom Pinball

Problem with downloading is still evident. I was told by MS this would go away today. Just thought I'd update the progress of this situation. Thanks!

Just tried downloading, got the "can't download Venom" message. I am in Las Vegas. So apparently the only one here who could download is way out in South Africa. Makes complete sense

Quote Originally Posted by dave950lam View Post
    Ok tried again and no go, gave it another shot and it did download. So all of you, keep trying!
    How many times did you try dave? I only tried twice, then gave up.

download problem here for me too

Default Yes!

After re-trying for about an hour this evening, table finally downloaded, yes! Don't have much free time tonight, but will have empty house tomorrow night. I've been meaning to get back into some Pinball, so between Venom & Marco Polo on Netflix, should be a fun night!
    Last edited by JaySTeeY; 12-11-2014 at 11:45 PM.
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY
    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

Quote Originally Posted by JaySTeeY View Post
    After re-trying for about an hour this evening, table finally downloaded, yes! Don't have much free time tonight, but will have empty house tomorrow night. I've been meaning to get back into some Pinball, so between Venom & Marco Polo on Netflix, should be a fun night!
    5PM here on the west coast, and still can't download. But I see a lot of people on my friend's list playing it,gggrrrrrr.

How many times did you try dave? I only tried twice, then gave up.
    Before the two attempts mentioned above, I tried a handful of times. After seeing BB's post I went to try again, and it worked.

Did you download it again by searching for it, through FX2 game itself, or your browser history?

just now i'm tried redownload from "history download" and success thx

I am having good fun with this table and I actually can't wait for the days work and activities to come to an end so that I can give it another shot... that is why is just quickly had to do something related to the game by posting this With all the "protection" mechanisms in place, this table, if played pragmatically, should end up with long and very high-scoring games. I have started most of the modes and finished most as well over various attempts but so far I have not really put a good solid game together... still waiting for that perfect storm as I am very keen to see what happens in the wizard and/or reward mode. It is also refreshing to play a split table again as it definitely requires a different approach... obviously reminds me of Secrets of the Deep which is still one of my favourite tables with one of the most difficult wizard modes to reach and complete (Zen was very kind by not making it one of the Achievements). I think it is view 7, the newer one that Zen included since Ms. Explosion Man that pans up and down from a higher vantage point, that works better for me on this table than e.g. view 3 where the camera view moving up and down is too rapid. My normal view, I think view 5, where the camera slightly zooms in to the flippers as the ball comes down does not work as you don't get a decent view of the top flippers and playing area.

Anyways, hope you guys that struggle to download the table come right soon as this table is definitely a lot of fun.

I STILL can't download it. Sigh. I'd like to know what Bill Gates is doing with all of his nerd money.

Default I give up

I can't download in all means.I'm tired.I give up...lie.But my friend already got 2billion in venom table.This time I can't get #1 on
    venom leaderboard.One of my friend will get #1 and I will celebrate him...lie.Of course I'm going to get #1.This is my place...lie.So fix it immediately.I will stop playing FX2...lie.Sorry fot my broken English.My English teacher is Big Bang Teory...true.

I can't download in all means.I'm tired.I give up...lie.But my friend already got 2billion in venom table.This time I can't get #1 on
    venom leaderboard.One of my friend will get #1 and I will celebrate him...lie.Of course I'm going to get #1.This is my place...lie.So fix it immediately.I will stop playing FX2...lie.Sorry fot my broken English.My English teacher is Big Bang Teory...true.
    Perfectly understood... lie Haha... lets see about that #1 spot once you start playing... I haven't gone for a top score in a long time but will see if I can give it a go on this table.

Almost noon time here, and still can't download for 360....no lie.

Just got confirmation that the download issue for Venom on 360 should now be fixed- try restarting your console and try the download again.

Just got confirmation that the download issue for Venom on 360 should now be fixed- try restarting your console and try the download again.
    wow, i just finished a nice marathon game of the soccer table and tried to download venom again, couldn't do it.

guess i'll restart!!!!

*edit*
    and nope, still won't download
    Last edited by DarkKodiaK; 12-12-2014 at 08:12 PM.

Just restarted console. Still getting the same "cant download venom" message. Maybe we have to delete the trial and the game already on our download history?

I can't download by all means.Please help me.it is AM 5:47 in Japan.I am sleepy.

You're sleepy, and I'm getting frustrated!! Please help Barbiebombs!!!

I checked with MS - they were unclear in saying it was fixed. New downloads are good to go - they are still working on fixing it for those who have already bought it and can't get it. They are saying it should be fixed for those who already purchased it at some point today.

I checked with MS - they were unclear in saying it was fixed. New downloads are good to go - they are still working on fixing it for those who have already bought it and can't get it. They are saying it should be fixed for those who already purchased it at some point today.
    I haven't purchased it yet. I'm just trying to download the trial.

Different graphics, same gameplay. Thank goodness for trial versions. People play video games to play. Xbox 360 is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by ronbo613 View Post
    Xbox 360 is dead.
    <checks 360> Mine is still working...

There was at least 400 players on the Venom leaderboard this morning. (didn't check exact count, but I was ranked 300-something...)
    (edit) There are over 700 as of right now.

Played some Gears of War MP last night, hundreds of people online. I think Team Deathmatch had 1200 playing.

<shrugs>
    Last edited by JaySTeeY; 12-13-2014 at 06:01 PM.
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY

Yaaaa!!!

it's finally downloading!

At last,I dawnload venom table.Thanks barbe.it's interesting that there are triple safe systems(saver,spider sense,bangback) for out lane in venom table(bangback bonus is so high pts...).And there is ball capture,too.Then I'm afraid playing time is so long...

At last,I dawnload venom table.Thanks barbe.it's interesting that there are triple safe systems(saver,spider sense,bangback) for out lane in venom table(bangback bonus is so high pts...).And there is ball capture,too.Then I'm afraid playing time is so long...
    The ball capture is key, always try to have that captured ball there. and the spider sense bang back can be very tricky though. I've nailed the ball through the gate so hard that the screen is still dark and the ball moves so fast it just rolls down the middle because I can't see it. lol

Also don't screw up the carnage mini play field. Or else you won't get your end of ball bonuses, and it's the only place to up your multiplier and hold multiplier as well. It's a pretty important part of this table. Insane scoring though.

Once you hit all the JAILBREAK targets, hit them all again and you'll add 6 seconds to the frenzy mode after you escape the jail.

edit
    oh and to add to the idea that you can play this table for quite a while on a ball, yea you can with the different methods of saving your ball (the ball capture is the best/most reliable way imo), but you can spend a LOT of time in the jail area. Trying to hit that stupid "E" on the jailbreak letters can be rather annoying.
    Last edited by DarkKodiaK; 12-15-2014 at 03:42 AM. Reason: added stuff

Anyone still unable to download Venom on 360 as of today? MS rolled out a fix but please let me know if it still will not download.

<checks 360> Mine is still working...
    Yeah, it's working. 1200 people online for a multiplayer game that covers the entire planet Earth is nothing to write home about. You'd probably find as many, if not more, Gears of War gamers online at Steam, for about a third of the cost of Xbox360. It's the full price crippled games like Forza Horizon and COD Advanced Warfare that tell me not to spend any money on Xbox360. Microsoft wants you to buy an Xbone, if they cut gameserver bandwidth, what are you going to do? Complain to Microsoft? See how that works for you. They don't even let Zen Studios give Xbox achievements for their pinball games. Why? How does a higher gamerscore affect Microsoft? Are they losing money on it?

Anyway, I digress. The Venom trial game I tried sucked. Most of the balls went down the lower gutters without a flipper play. After the South Park Butter game where any ball that hit the lower bumpers went out, I didn't need another game like that. Because I love pinball, I figured even a few plays on a crap table is worth $3.00 so I bought Venom. The full game is nothing like the trial and worth the price.

Thing is, with the Xbox 360 these days, you never know what you are going to get when you power up the console.

Im curious - how many names on the leaderboard now for Xbox 360 Venom?

^^ Just checked, 1257.
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY

Quote Originally Posted by JaySTeeY View Post
    ^^ Just checked, 1257.
    Wow - I thought there would be a few more than that.

I guess this would be explained by where we are in the current console cycle. But also as someone mentioned the other day there are 50 tables now. If you are a casual player (the vast majority) how many do you actually need?

Wow - I thought there would be a few more than that.

I guess this would be explained by where we are in the current console cycle. But also as someone mentioned the other day there are 50 tables now. If you are a casual player (the vast majority) how many do you actually need?
    I won't buy a new console until I have to e.g. when Pinball FX3 comes out on XBOX One. I play only a few games of which Pinball FX2 gets by far the most game time and as such I'll rather wait a couple of years by which time I will be able to get a console for a much reduced rate. I agree, casual players don't really need more tables but will buy a new table if it is based on an IP that they like or that is popular e.g. South Park. I for one, being a huge fan of Zen Studios, appreciate the steady stream of new tables as I very seldom go back to any table that I have achieved my personal goal score on (usually 1 Billion). I am currently about 5 or 6 tables behind where I just haven't had the time to really take them on but that will still come. For my liking, Zen should keep on making the tables a bit tougher as they recently seem to do e.g. difficult kickbacks and stronger slingshots, as I prefer playing shorter but more games. That off-course would be counter to what a casual player would want. Let me just casually link this in with the topic at hand

Venom has a lot of help to keep your ball alive and any expert player will sooner or later master these, which will lead to super long and high scoring games. What Zen though did get right nicely, is that each of these help methods are not that easily accessible for casual players so there is a nice learning curve that will lead to a awesome sense of achievement if you put time into the table. I am well on my way to my target score though so for this table will soon be relegated to being just a fond memory.

Great table and great to see new content on the 360.
    Having loads of fun, managed to get 225mil in a hot seat game, too bad that doesn't stay, not even on the local highscores.
    But good exploring with the multiball, carnage, battle, mini hurry-ups.
    Really like it.