Thread: Question about The Avengers

Default Question about The Avengers

Has anyone else experienced a bug where you can't launch a ball?

I've had a couple of different situations. The first time was when I activated the ASSEMBLE multiball (after playing all the missions). All the balls shot out, one after the other, but my flippers wouldn't work at all. Then it got down to the last two balls (I think) to be launched and it simply wouldn't drop one. I could change the camera focus to the top of the table with the flipper buttons, and could still use the right stick and A button to work the plunger, it's just that no ball would drop down. I hit the d-pad plenty of times and couldn't tilt. Had to quit.

It just happened again now, after locking a ball in the Quinjet. I chose my next ball but it didn't drop to the launch area. Now it's stuck in the same situation.

I recorded video of it, let me know if it's worth uploading to youtube if anyone wants to check it out.

I can't say I've had that problem on that table but on others a few times yes. No balls would launch and I could tilt as many times as I wanted but nothing happened. Hopefully it was just a one off all be It 2 times.
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Quote Originally Posted by gaz5021 View Post
    Has anyone else experienced a bug where you can't launch a ball?

I've had a couple of different situations. The first time was when I activated the ASSEMBLE multiball (after playing all the missions). All the balls shot out, one after the other, but my flippers wouldn't work at all. Then it got down to the last two balls (I think) to be launched and it simply wouldn't drop one. I could change the camera focus to the top of the table with the flipper buttons, and could still use the right stick and A button to work the plunger, it's just that no ball would drop down. I hit the d-pad plenty of times and couldn't tilt. Had to quit.

It just happened again now, after locking a ball in the Quinjet. I chose my next ball but it didn't drop to the launch area. Now it's stuck in the same situation.

I recorded video of it, let me know if it's worth uploading to youtube if anyone wants to check it out.
    Does it happen every time you play? If not, about how often? Is it only happening on the Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Does it happen every time you play? If not, about how often? Is it only happening on the Avengers?
    Nah, not every time. It happened in two of my first ten or so games. I can't recall it ever happening on any other tables, but I've only played Fantastic Four, Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair and The Avengers.

I have a feeling that it occurred when I chose my ball quickly, so I've been giving it a couple of seconds before choosing and it hasn't happened again - although I've only played a couple of games (over a few hours in total) since, and this is irrelevant for the ASSEMBLE multiball (as you don't choose a ball in this situation).

Uploaded the video anyway - http://youtu.be/iNo9kTFZy-w

Just an update, I've played a fair few games over the last week or so and haven't seen it happen again.

I just triggered the bug again! Completed ASSEMBLE, the balls started dropping and launching, and my flippers stopped working.

I immediately paused and saved the game, then reloaded, hoping to avert the bug, but to no avail. I started recording the game footage when I reloaded. I'll upload it shortly.

One thing I did notice, that may or may not have anything to do with it, is that I shot the S.H.I.E.L.D. sinkhole right at the moment the ASSEMBLE bonus mode began (just before the balls start launching, and just before the flippers stopped working).

The flippers started working not long afterwards, I think this is consistent with the first time I encountered this bug.

Video - reloaded the game just after ASSEMBLE mode started, and my flippers stopped working - http://youtu.be/b1iAfJx5rGA

The last video you posted is Private, so I'm not able to see it unfortunately.
    It does appear though, that if you unlock the SHIELD HQ hole, and hit it (to change characters) just as the Wizard Mode is about to start, it can cause problems. The game gets mixed up between a manual launch (select a character then skill shot) and the autolaunch for the Wizard Mode.
    If you happen to do this again, I suggest you quickly hit the Launch button to cancel the character swap at the SHIELD HQ hole, and the wizard mode should start without any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Croftanator View Post
    The last video you posted is Private, so I'm not able to see it unfortunately.
    It does appear though, that if you unlock the SHIELD HQ hole, and hit it (to change characters) just as the Wizard Mode is about to start, it can cause problems. The game gets mixed up between a manual launch (select a character then skill shot) and the autolaunch for the Wizard Mode.
    If you happen to do this again, I suggest you quickly hit the Launch button to cancel the character swap at the SHIELD HQ hole, and the wizard mode should start without any problems.
    Thanks for your reply and advice. I've made the video public.