Thread: Spider-Man table crashes every time during score breakdown.

Default Spider-Man table crashes every time during score breakdown.

Every time I play the Spider-Man table the game crashes during the score breakdown. It shows the top 3 leaders on the leaderboards with "0" underneath, and then the game freezes at the point where my score should show up on the leaderboard. The freeze makes a loud noise and the I crash to dashboard.

When I say it happens every time, it genuinely happens every time. Other tables are totally fine. This has made the table unplayable (unless I'm not planning on achieving a score...)

Any help would be great!

Default Spider-Man table crashes every time during score breakdown.

I read your post earlier today when I was down town, so I've just booted up and played three balls of the Spider-Man table, entered my initials, and was able to go back to the table selection screen without a problem.

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the Marvel Pinball Original Pack?

If that doesn't work, maybe do the same thing but with the main Pinball FX2 app itself?
    Last edited by BBIAJ; 11-28-2014 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BBIAJ View Post
    I read your lost earlier today was I was down town, so I've just booted up and played three balls of the Spider-Man table, entered my initials, and was able to go back to the table selection screen without a problem.

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the Marvel Pinball Original Pack?

If that doesn't work, maybe do the same thing but with the main Pinball FX2 app itself?
    I plan to remove a second profile and try again as the issue seemed to start after my nephew made a profile... strange. If it's just coincidence I'll uninstall it all and redownload. I'm just hoping I can transfer all my tables again without problems. Will update tomorrow!

Would it be worth filming this problem so devs can see what's happening?

It certainly wouldn't hurt to be able to give the engineers at Zen as much information as possible!

Just an update...

So Iv'e been testing this a bit more, and when I drained all three balls only getting a minuscule score the scoring at the end of the game tallied up fine and I could start a new game. I then went and played a proper innings and it crashed me again (to be precise this happens while the superscore is tallying up at the end after you have input your initials). Could it be that beating a particular persons score may be crashing my game? Could this be possible?

I have also deleted all data and uninstalled the game and done a clean install of Zen and all tables.

Okay guys, I just had another try and recorded the crash for you. I apologise for the quality but you get the jist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3cK...ature=youtu.be

Quote Originally Posted by calavera999 View Post
    Okay guys, I just had another try and recorded the crash for you. I apologise for the quality but you get the jist!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3cK...ature=youtu.be
    Whoa, that is not good. We did have issues with people having a certain number of friends on PSN, I wonder if this might be similar. Just in case, how many friends total do you have and how many play PFX2?

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Whoa, that is not good. We did have issues with people having a certain number of friends on PSN, I wonder if this might be similar. Just in case, how many friends total do you have and how many play PFX2?
    Hi Barbie, thank you for responding.

97 friends in total, 25 zen players.

Hi Barbie, thank you for responding.

97 friends in total, 25 zen players.
    Thanks much!

Anyone else having this issue?

Thanks much!

Anyone else having this issue?
    Not since I posted this. Though to be fair, I haven't played it in a while.

My hypothesis at the time was that my high score was trying to move to a position that was not high enough to actually be rightfully displayed on the screen, and when it started to move it didn't know where it was supposed to go, so it crashed.

Clearly different from what's happening here, at least as far as what's showing on calavera999's screen. Unless it's the same issue, but the game is just crashing even earlier.
    Last edited by TV_Junkie; 12-03-2014 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TV_Junkie View Post
    Not since I posted this. Though to be fair, I haven't played it in a while.

My hypothesis at the time was that my high score was trying to move to a position that was not high enough to actually be rightfully displayed on the screen, and when it started to move it didn't know where it was supposed to go, so it crashed.

Clearly different from what's happening here, at least as far as what's showing on calavera999's screen. Unless it's the same issue, but the game is just crashing even earlier.
    Yes, however before I filmed this the crash was happening as the score was moving into position, showing my score in position "0" yet at the bottom of the list if that makes sense!

It seems to chop and change when the crash takes place within that 10 or so seconds when the super score total is adding up and my score is moving into position on the leaderboard. It also sometimes crashes the second it enters the score screen like the video demonstrates.
    Last edited by calavera999; 12-03-2014 at 08:14 PM.

Greetings,

Same problem, different table, just had this happen to me after getting a high score on Earth Defense.

Am in the preview program, so submitted feedback.

And friends: 125 and about 48 play FX2
    Last edited by UseLessUK; 12-04-2014 at 10:45 PM. Reason: correct fx2 players

any official updates on this issue yet?

any official updates on this issue yet?
    Not yet- please check your inbox and see if the suggestion I sent you helps and let me know how it goes.

I have the same problem with Dr strange and also fantastic 4 crashes at the end while calculating scores, makes a funny buzzing noise then resets to home page, not enjoying the pinball on Xbox one as much as I did 360.

Quote Originally Posted by BarterShoe580 View Post
    I have the same problem with Dr strange and also fantastic 4 crashes at the end while calculating scores, makes a funny buzzing noise then resets to home page, not enjoying the pinball on Xbox one as much as I did 360.
    Thanks - will report this to the team!

I too have been having trouble with the game freezing a lot while tallying up scores. I have had trouble with Tesla, Excalibur, Star Wars V - The Empire Strikes back and The Walking Dead. In all honesty it could be happening on all tables. These are just the ones I have played recently.

It happens about 1/3 of the time, sometimes it freezes while tallying up my score and I end up losing the score or it happens when tallying up my Wizard Score in which my high score gets saved.

I am in the dashboard preview program but couldn't tell you the last time I played Pinball FX2 before downloading the last preview update so I'm not sure if freezes are caused by the preview or not.

Let me know if you need any more information or have anything you want tested. I would like to get this fixed so I can continue working on my high scores.

Friends - 112
    Friends on Pinball FX 2 leader boards - 30 (31 including myself)
    Preview Dashboard 6.2.12119.0 (xb_rel_1502.150124-2200)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilda View Post
    I too have been having trouble with the game freezing a lot while tallying up scores. I have had trouble with Tesla, Excalibur, Star Wars V - The Empire Strikes back and The Walking Dead. In all honesty it could be happening on all tables. These are just the ones I have played recently.

It happens about 1/3 of the time, sometimes it freezes while tallying up my score and I end up losing the score or it happens when tallying up my Wizard Score in which my high score gets saved.

I am in the dashboard preview program but couldn't tell you the last time I played Pinball FX2 before downloading the last preview update so I'm not sure if freezes are caused by the preview or not.

Let me know if you need any more information or have anything you want tested. I would like to get this fixed so I can continue working on my high scores.

Friends - 112
    Friends on Pinball FX 2 leader boards - 30 (31 including myself)
    Preview Dashboard 6.2.12119.0 (xb_rel_1502.150124-2200)
    Welcome to the forums! Have you tried the suggestion here? http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthre...ll=1#post53866

Let me know if that doesn't work.

Welcome to the forums! Have you tried the suggestion here? http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthre...ll=1#post53866

Let me know if that doesn't work.
    Hello, OP here. 7 months later I'm checking in to see if this issue was resolved?

Hello, OP here. 7 months later I'm checking in to see if this issue was resolved?
    The update fixed:

- Leaderboards are now accessible from the Results Screen
    - Improved the volume levels of 3D positioned sound effects
    - Fixed an occasional crash on the Results screen

Please let me know if you still have issues with crashing.