Thread: Sound effects missing on Xbox One tables

Default Sound effects missing on Xbox One tables

Finally made the leap and bought an Xbox one now that the tables can be transferred. Set up and downloaded all the tables last night.
    I noticed that something didn't feel quite right compared to the 360, then realised that the sound effects don't appear to be working correctly on the tables, I tried adjusting the sliders but still doesn't sound right.

It seems mainly the bumper and flipper sounds and the ball rolling sound effects that are either missing or far too quite leaving it feeling a bit empty compared to playing on the 360.

Has anyone else had this fault / glitch or is there a chance I have a faulty sound card on my new xbox ?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Default Missing Sound Effects

There is nothing wrong with your console. There isn't any sound effects on the One. I own all consoles and when I played FX2 on both
    my 360 and my PS3 I knew right away something was different about the PS3 version. There was no sound effects. Totally ruined the
    game for me. It felt hollow. I only played on my 360 after that. The when the One version came out I was thrilled as I own every
    table they released. I ported my tables over then got that same PS3 felling. No sound effects. And quit a bit of lag on the flippers.
    So until we see a fix or patch for this, keep using your 360 for FX2. If you haven't gotten rid of it yet.

The ball rolling sound effect is there, it's just incredibly quiet. It didn't used to be, it seems to have been stealth patched in at some point, in the same way that trees now blow in the wind since the Festive Update for GTa V, but nothing was actually made of it or announced. Just a bug fix on the sly if you will.

As for the PS3 version, the sound on that, for me at least, is absolutely fine, and on PS Vita too for that matter.

Yeah...I recently made the leap to Xbox One simply because FX 2 had been ported over. The fact our scores didn't carry over sucks already. There are a lot of tables I don't necessarily care to revisit, yet my Super & Wizard scores are impacted by it. That said, I fired up my favorite table Excalibur to take it for a spin. There are so many sounds missing, I can't even name them all...and it's driving me batshit crazy.

Launching the ball makes no sound.
    The ball landing upon or bouncing on the flippers makes no sound.
    Striking the captive ball on either side of Excalibur makes no sound.
    The ball bouncing back and forth between the slingshots above the flippers makes virtually no sound.
    Shooting the ball into the hole that sets the ram in motion leading up to the castle siege makes no sound.

I could go on and on. WTF happened to all the damned sounds?!?!?!?

I've even gone into the sound control panel in the pause menu and jacked up all of the sound effects but it makes virtually no difference. There's no sound when the ball is captured by sink holes either...nor is there a sound when the ball is ejected from said sink holes. I'm going back to the 360 where this stuff actually works.

Quote Originally Posted by UranusIsBroken View Post
    Yeah...I recently made the leap to Xbox One simply because FX 2 had been ported over.
    I am flabbergasted. Could understand buying a new console for FX3 but for a port of exactly the same game!!!...

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post
    I am flabbergasted. Could understand buying a new console for FX3 but for a port of exactly the same game!!!...
    It is more than a simple port in my honest opinion. Native 1080p @60FPS, better AA, Bug Fixes and Adjustments, along with a new Table Selection Library. Coupled all the with the Consoles ability to save and upload Video to YouTube etc. After playing ZP2 on PS4, I could never go back to the last gen versions if I'm being honest.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Default Any progress?

Hi,

Was there any progress/acknowledgement of this issue beyond this thread?

I've been having the same issue on my Xbox One - most of the 'physics' sound effects, especially flipper and bumper sounds + the ball rolling, are buried incredibly low in the mix. At the moment I'm playing with the 'physics' audio jacked all the way to the top and the other two channels right down the bottom, but it still doesn't sound great. And some tables - like the Wild West one - have other effects assigned to the physics channel but at a higher volume, so they pop really hard.

I thought it might be an audio receiver or dolby surround issue but I've tried multiple different setups and it doesn't seem to be. The fix is presumably quite simple - boost the flipper, bumper, and ball-rolling effects - Zen Studios are you able to comment on this please?

Regards

Doji

ohhh this is intresting game thank u.

Any news/acknowledgement about this issue? Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by JPRacer77-Qc View Post
    Any news/acknowledgement about this issue? Thank you.
    I'll check with the team and see what's up!

Update: the team is looking into the sound issue - I'll post when I have any news on a fix

Thank you, it's really appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by JPRacer77-Qc View Post
    Thank you, it's really appreciated!
    This should be fixed with the most recent update - patch notes are here: http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthre...3893#post63893

Thumbs up

Thank you and the team! Seems to be working fine!

Quote Originally Posted by jpracer77-qc View Post
    thank you and the team! Seems to be working fine! :d
    Yay!

I'm still finding that in order to hear the ball rolling sound effect, I have to turn the physics slider all the way to maximum, and even then, it's still not as well balanced as previous console/handheld versions of PBFX/2, ZPB/2, and they're all played via the exact same optical 5.1 speaker setup.

Any update on this? Should the patch of fixed the sound issue for all, or does it only work for those whose sound is via TV/headphones, as its seemingly still just as borked as always via 5.1.

I have 7.1 headphones, so shall try the game via those on default sound settings, but I can't see it making much, if any difference.

EDIT: Same problem via 7.1 Turtle Beach headset, I either have to crank the physics volume all the way up, and strain my ears to hear the ball rolling, or turn the music down completely, which obviously isn't ideal.

So no, I wouldn't consider it to be "working fine" myself personally.
    Last edited by BBIAJ; 09-27-2015 at 12:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BBIAJ View Post
    I'm still finding that in order to hear the ball rolling sound effect, I have to turn the physics slider all the way to maximum, and even then, it's still not as well balanced as previous console/handheld versions of PBFX/2, ZPB/2, and they're all played via the exact same optical 5.1 speaker setup.
    Was there no change at all for you since the patch?

I did notice that the sound effect for the flippers was no longer overbearingly loud, as it used to be an incredibly strong sound effect via the rear speakers, but the ball rolling sound effect itself seemingly hasn't changed.

Any update on this? Should the patch of fixed the sound issue for all, or does it only work for those whose sound is via TV/headphones, as its seemingly still just as borked as always via 5.1.

I have 7.1 headphones, so shall try the game via those on default sound settings, but I can't see it making much, if any difference.

EDIT: Same problem via 7.1 Turtle Beach headset, I either have to crank the physics volume all the way up, and strain my ears to hear the ball rolling, or turn the music down completely, which obviously isn't ideal.

So no, I wouldn't consider it to be "working fine" myself personally.
    I had the team investigate and they can't see any reason that it would work for everyone except one player, other than your speakers/headphones. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    I had the team investigate and they can't see any reason that it would work for everyone except one player, other than your speakers/headphones. Sorry.
    It's not just one person though.

I'm having exactly the same issues as BBIAJ, and I've tried using my usual setup of 5.1 headphones, and HDMi audio in on my TV.

A friend of mine is also having the exact same problem, so that's at least three people.

Could it be different for people on differing versions of the dashboard (public release, preview, New Xbox One Experience), as I've been reading the latest NXE dashboard has caused PBFX2 to completely fail to launch entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmmGee View Post
    It's not just one person though.

I'm having exactly the same issues as BBIAJ, and I've tried using my usual setup of 5.1 headphones, and HDMi audio in on my TV.

A friend of mine is also having the exact same problem, so that's at least three people.

Could it be different for people on differing versions of the dashboard (public release, preview, New Xbox One Experience), as I've been reading the latest NXE dashboard has caused PBFX2 to completely fail to launch entirely.
    Thanks for chiming in! What dashboard are you using?

Same question for BBIAJ - which dash?

Thanks for chiming in! What dashboard are you using?

Same question for BBIAJ - which dash?
    I'm on the latest build of the New Xbox One Experience, released on the 29/30 of the 9th.

It's had previous with PBFX2 failing to launch, which they fixed, but it took up to 10 minutes for it to populate the tables as playable, which they're aware of.

In the mean time, with the latest update, I'm unable to play it at all to check the sound effects situation, but as soon as it's working again, I will report back.

Still, at least I have PBFX, and Zen Pinballs 1 and 2 on PS3, PS Vita, Xbox 360, and 3DS to keep me going for the time being!
    Last edited by BBIAJ; 09-30-2015 at 07:36 PM.

I'm on the latest build of the New Xbox One Experience, released on the 29/30 of the 9th.

It's had previous with PBFX2 failing to launch, which they fixed, but it took up to 10 minutes for it to populate the tables as playable, which they're aware of.

In the mean time, with the latest update, I'm unable to play it at all to check the sound effects situation, but as soon as it's working again, I will report back.

Still, at least I have PBFX, and Zen Pinballs 1 and 2 on PS3, PS Vita, Xbox 360, and 3DS to keep me going for the time being!

How long have you been unable to play? What happens when you try to play? How were you able to check the sound effects issue if the game doesn't work?

It's only just broken again in the latest update which rolled out on the 29/30th September. Before that, it broke when the NXE first rolled out, but I was able to play it after they fixed it up until last night.

When I try to launch it, I can get as far as selecting the profile I want to use, then it crashes, emits a constant buzzing sound, and quits back out to the Home page.

I have submitted a screenshot and video report to Microsoft, via the feedback tool, as have others, so hopefully they will be looking into it.

It's only just broken again in the latest update which rolled out on the 29/30th September. Before that, it broke when the NXE first rolled out, but I was able to play it after they fixed it up until last night.

When I try to launch it, I can get as far as selecting the profile I want to use, then it crashes, emits a constant buzzing sound, and quits back out to the Home page.

I have submitted a screenshot and video report to Microsoft, via the feedback tool, as have others, so hopefully they will be looking into it.
    Is it other games too or just PFX2?

Just Pinball FX2 on Xbox One. I have Pinball FX 1 and 2 on Xbox 360, and Zen Pinball 1 and 2 on PS3, and the sound balance has always been fine on those, via the exact same TV, 5.1 home theatre, and 7.1 headset.

I'm on OS Version:
    6.2.13332.0 (xb_rel_1508.150903-2.41) fre

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBIAJ / EffMGee

I used to have both of you on my friends list and I remember that you are boyfriend / girlfriend - live together.

I dont doubt you have some problem with your Xbox One but it seems a bit deceptive to pretend you are not connected.

Ill leave it at that.

I don't see how we're being deceptive?

Yes you are correct but we never said that we don't know each other, so there's no denial or deception going on.

The point still stands as we both have our own individual Xbox One consoles running on completely different TV's using completely different sound systems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is anyone still having issues hearing the ball rolling on the table? Please let me know if you are!

Is anyone still having issues hearing the ball rolling on the table? Please let me know if you are!
    I am. No ball rolling sounds here.

Quote Originally Posted by robthehermit View Post
    I am. No ball rolling sounds here.
    thanks!

Thinks for information

Yes, there's definitely a problem with the sound on xb1. There's tons of sounds missing/really low volume, like ball rolling and bumper sounds. Playing the 360 version and xb1 back to back, it's like night and day. Please fix this!

Please do something! The sound mix is not ok on xb1. Playing the same tables back to back between the 360 and xb1 is really clear that something is wrong with the mix. The ball rolling sound is almost inaudible and if you go to audio setting and boost the physics sounds then you have some sounds that are way to loud. the overall mix is just bad.

Just play the game back to back from 360 to xb1 to hear the difference. It's easily noticeable! If you can't do it I can record some audio clips!