Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BarterShoe580
    • Dec 2014

Sound effects missing on Xbox One tables

Finally made the leap and bought an Xbox one now that the tables can be transferred. Set up and downloaded all the tables last night.
    I noticed that something didn't feel quite right compared to the 360, then realised that the sound effects don't appear to be working correctly on the tables, I tried adjusting the sliders but still doesn't sound right.

It seems mainly the bumper and flipper sounds and the ball rolling sound effects that are either missing or far too quite leaving it feeling a bit empty compared to playing on the 360.

Has anyone else had this fault / glitch or is there a chance I have a faulty sound card on my new xbox ?

Any help or advice would be appreciated.
  • Pendragon
    • Dec 2014

Missing Sound Effects

There is nothing wrong with your console. There isn't any sound effects on the One. I own all consoles and when I played FX2 on both
    my 360 and my PS3 I knew right away something was different about the PS3 version. There was no sound effects. Totally ruined the
    game for me. It felt hollow. I only played on my 360 after that. The when the One version came out I was thrilled as I own every
    table they released. I ported my tables over then got that same PS3 felling. No sound effects. And quit a bit of lag on the flippers.
    So until we see a fix or patch for this, keep using your 360 for FX2. If you haven't gotten rid of it yet.

Comment

• BBIAJ
      • May 2014

Sound effects missing on Xbox One tables

The ball rolling sound effect is there, it's just incredibly quiet. It didn't used to be, it seems to have been stealth patched in at some point, in the same way that trees now blow in the wind since the Festive Update for GTa V, but nothing was actually made of it or announced. Just a bug fix on the sly if you will.

As for the PS3 version, the sound on that, for me at least, is absolutely fine, and on PS Vita too for that matter.

Comment

• UranusIsBroken
        • Jan 2011

Yeah...I recently made the leap to Xbox One simply because FX 2 had been ported over. The fact our scores didn't carry over sucks already. There are a lot of tables I don't necessarily care to revisit, yet my Super & Wizard scores are impacted by it. That said, I fired up my favorite table Excalibur to take it for a spin. There are so many sounds missing, I can't even name them all...and it's driving me batshit crazy.

Launching the ball makes no sound.
        The ball landing upon or bouncing on the flippers makes no sound.
        Striking the captive ball on either side of Excalibur makes no sound.
        The ball bouncing back and forth between the slingshots above the flippers makes virtually no sound.
        Shooting the ball into the hole that sets the ram in motion leading up to the castle siege makes no sound.

I could go on and on. WTF happened to all the damned sounds?!?!?!?

Comment

• UranusIsBroken
          • Jan 2011

I've even gone into the sound control panel in the pause menu and jacked up all of the sound effects but it makes virtually no difference. There's no sound when the ball is captured by sink holes either...nor is there a sound when the ball is ejected from said sink holes. I'm going back to the 360 where this stuff actually works.

Comment

• Alipan
            • Jun 2011

Originally posted by UranusIsBroken
            Yeah...I recently made the leap to Xbox One simply because FX 2 had been ported over.
            I am flabbergasted. Could understand buying a new console for FX3 but for a port of exactly the same game!!!...

Comment

• ShoryukenToTheChin
              Writer of Guides
              • Apr 2011

Originally posted by Alipan
              I am flabbergasted. Could understand buying a new console for FX3 but for a port of exactly the same game!!!...
              It is more than a simple port in my honest opinion. Native 1080p @60FPS, better AA, Bug Fixes and Adjustments, along with a new Table Selection Library. Coupled all the with the Consoles ability to save and upload Video to YouTube etc. After playing ZP2 on PS4, I could never go back to the last gen versions if I'm being honest.
              sigpic

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
              Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
              *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Comment

• Doji
                • Mar 2015

Any progress?

Hi,

Was there any progress/acknowledgement of this issue beyond this thread?

I've been having the same issue on my Xbox One - most of the 'physics' sound effects, especially flipper and bumper sounds + the ball rolling, are buried incredibly low in the mix. At the moment I'm playing with the 'physics' audio jacked all the way to the top and the other two channels right down the bottom, but it still doesn't sound great. And some tables - like the Wild West one - have other effects assigned to the physics channel but at a higher volume, so they pop really hard.

I thought it might be an audio receiver or dolby surround issue but I've tried multiple different setups and it doesn't seem to be. The fix is presumably quite simple - boost the flipper, bumper, and ball-rolling effects - Zen Studios are you able to comment on this please?

Regards

Doji

Comment

• amyalice32
                  • Mar 2015

ohhh this is intresting game thank u.

Comment

• JPRacer77-Qc
                    • Aug 2015

Any news/acknowledgement about this issue? Thank you.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                      Pinball Wizard
                      • Feb 2012

Originally posted by JPRacer77-Qc
                      Any news/acknowledgement about this issue? Thank you.
                      I'll check with the team and see what's up!

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                        Pinball Wizard
                        • Feb 2012

Update: the team is looking into the sound issue - I'll post when I have any news on a fix

Comment

• JPRacer77-Qc
                          • Aug 2015

Thank you, it's really appreciated!

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                            Pinball Wizard
                            • Feb 2012

Originally posted by JPRacer77-Qc
                            Thank you, it's really appreciated!
                            This should be fixed with the most recent update - patch notes are here: http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthre...3893#post63893

Comment

• JPRacer77-Qc
                              • Aug 2015

Thank you and the team! Seems to be working fine!

Comment

Working...