Thread: Venom outlane save gates

Default Venom outlane save gates

Any one got any tips on nudging to save the ball via the spidey sense outlane save gates (from Centaur).

Say the ball is travelling down the left outlane, i've tried nudging up, left and right, but never managed a single save.

Any tips would be much appreciated!

I come in peace as a 360 pinball fx2 player.
    I have no idea how the game plays on any other format.

But doing the "spider sense" save is very tricky, and to do it successfully really depends on a couple circumstances.

Like i said, I have no idea how the game plays on android, but with that said. It can't really be that different. Can it? i dunno.

So here's my two cents on it.

First of it, to do the spider sense save REALLY first of all depends on how the ball is falling down the outlanes first of all. If it's bouncing around while going down the outlane, and if there's a lot of speed involved with the ball going down the lane.... you can nudge the table all you want and It ain't going through the gate what so ever.

When the ball is going a bit slower, i've been doing 2 hard nudges left/right depending on the lane, and just hoping for the best.

I've done the save a lot, but it also really matters on how the ball is going down the lane. It really seems to come down to a "perfect" circumstance to get it saved like i said above. But I don't like them perfect circumstances, hence the hard 2 quick nudges left/right at the right time and i hope for the best result.

In the vast grand scheme of things with the venom table. You really want to get the captured ball at all times for backup for a crappy drain that will cost you a ball. Because even with this advice, it's not a guaranteed save. Even with a couple hard nudges of the table.

hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    hope this helps.
    It certainly does - Thanks mate.

Still haven't managed one of these on Android yet.
    Same gates work a lot easier on Centaur. :-)

I (XBox 360 player) also don't really bother to try and get it through the gates as I'll rather have a shot at a normal bang-back through the flippers. The main thing to concentrate on though is to always get the captured ball for backup. Even if you loose it during a mission/mode, rather focus on getting the ball recaptured. After that focus on getting the two Anti-venoms and reactive them as well as soon as one is used. By focussing on those two aspects, banging the ball back between the gates becomes just a bit of an afterthought especially as I am also always concerned that I will somehow tilt the table by mistake. I'm on a 2Bil+ game at the moment just by playing patiently and I have probably only nudged the ball back in play about 5 times so far through out this long game.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I (XBox 360 player) also don't really bother to try and get it through the gates as I'll rather have a shot at a normal bang-back through the flippers. The main thing to concentrate on though is to always get the captured ball for backup. Even if you loose it during a mission/mode, rather focus on getting the ball recaptured. After that focus on getting the two Anti-venoms and reactive them as well as soon as one is used. By focussing on those two aspects, banging the ball back between the gates becomes just a bit of an afterthought especially as I am also always concerned that I will somehow tilt the table by mistake. I'm on a 2Bil+ game at the moment just by playing patiently and I have probably only nudged the ball back in play about 5 times so far through out this long game.
    Thanks Cloda - great advice and amazing score.