Thread: Plants Vs. Zombies Different from Other Versions?

Default Plants Vs. Zombies Different from Other Versions?

Hi, I recently bought Plants Vs. Zombies on Steam. I never played it before but when I was reading about it, it sounds like there are some differences from previous versions. The most notable is in Shoryuken's guide, it mentions that the table starts with both kickbacks lit but this isn't true in the Steam version. I looked at an old YouTube video and they are indeed lit in the 360 version. Some console reviews also pointed out that extra balls were extremely easy to acquire. I think I've only got one during several days of playing.

I guess it's been out for months now but I still wanted to double check to make sure that there's nothing wrong with the Steam build of the game. If not then I'm curious why it's different from other versions. Thanks in advance.

The rule set changed after several (thousands) complained that the table was too easy. The only version of the table that still runs on the old rule set is the Xbox 360 version, which is where the guide is based off of.

The guide is still pretty accurate for the most part. All Zen really did was changed the difficulty in the Operator's Menu and made that difficult setting as the default. Really, the only difference is the increased number of shots to achieve things and the kickbacks aren't lit from the start.

Thanks for the answer. I would say they succeeded because it's definitely difficult (not a complaint). Sounds like it was a small tweak but I'm surprised they would change the difficulty so drastically. The missions aren't so bad but with the kickbacks taking longer to activate (unlike most of the other tables) and extra balls and multipliers being extremely difficult to earn (I'm lucky if I earn even one extra ball or get to 2x during a game), it's really challenging to go for a high score. For me, it's an unusual table because it's really fun yet I'm relatively bad at it.

Quote Originally Posted by GipsonLens View Post
    Thanks for the answer. I would say they succeeded because it's definitely difficult (not a complaint). Sounds like it was a small tweak but I'm surprised they would change the difficulty so drastically.
    It's because of all of the complaints. You know you did something wrong, when a casual player is able to keep a single ball alive for over 30 minutes straight. That's compared to the other tables, where they can only keep each ball alive for less than 5 minutes.