Thread: ps4/ps3 main menu suggestion

Default ps4/ps3 main menu suggestion

Happy Holidays all,

I have wanted to bring this up and sorry if it has before, but because we have so many awesome tables now to play, the main menu of the game which lists all the tables is, of course, making the icons get smaller and smaller. Are there any plans to increase these icons "tiled" on the screen? Or possibly a carousel type interface, etc?

Thanks in advance!

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Yeh something needs to be done to the Table Library as it can't get any smaller than that, surely?

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Zen! We need categories and a scroll.

- No more than 12 icons on the screen.
    - Have a page scroll to reduce the clutter.
    - Have a categories section and add the following categories: All Tables (new to old), My Tables (lists only the tables you bought), Marvel Tables, Star Wars Tables , Other License Tables, and Zen Original Tables.
    - Add a random select feature in the My Tables folder for those that can't decide which table to play.

I know that redundancy is usually frown upon, but I think it's needed in this game's UI.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post

- Have a categories section and add the following categories: All Tables (new to old), My Tables (lists only the tables you bought), Marvel Tables, Star Wars Tables , Other License Tables, and Zen Original Tables.
    - Add a random select feature in the My Tables folder for those that can't decide which table to play.

I know that redundancy is usually frown upon, but I think it's needed in this game's UI.
    Nice ideas shogun. I wouldn't be surprised if we hear about a whole new Zen Pinball this year, not just a spruce up of the menu... I'm sure there must be plans to harness the power of the new generation of consoles

Also, it would be nice to have an option to arrange the tables in the order I last played them in. So the latest table I played should be the first one in the list. That way I would only need to start the game, and press X twice to continue playing the table, instead of trying to find it in the maze of 50 tables.

Bump!
    I noticed now (having every table) that the main menu is just, well, WAY to small. Is there any chance this will get fixed soon? It's such a trivial thing to bicker about with how flawless the quality of work is you guys do, but come on, your killing my eyes on selecting a table.

Thanks again for listening!

Quote Originally Posted by romhog View Post
    Bump!
    I noticed now (having every table) that the main menu is just, well, WAY to small. Is there any chance this will get fixed soon? It's such a trivial thing to bicker about with how flawless the quality of work is you guys do, but come on, your killing my eyes on selecting a table.
    Agreed! They are working on a new pinball platform for all devices (same name across the board) and this is probably on the top of their list.

I wish they would do what they did with the Xbox One/360 version of the game and create a few categories as a temporary fix until the new platform comes out.

I would also like to see a random select feature, that just randomly selects a table from the tables you own. Sometimes I can spend up to 15 minutes deciding which table to play.

I wish they would do what they did with the Xbox One/360 version of the game and create a few categories as a temporary fix until the new platform comes out.
    We are planning something similar, though I don't have an ETA on it at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    We are planning something similar, though I don't have an ETA on it at the moment.

Sounds great!

Also, Barbie, I posted an issue over on the Star Wars sub forum I don't know if you had seen and whether you might be aware of the issue. It is intermittent but it comes up quite a bit (over the last couple weeks definitely).

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by djb5f View Post
    Sounds great!

Also, Barbie, I posted an issue over on the Star Wars sub forum I don't know if you had seen and whether you might be aware of the issue. It is intermittent but it comes up quite a bit (over the last couple weeks definitely).

Thanks!
    Found it - will let the team know

Default Nice suggestion

Nice list!
    I'd also like to see a category like highest/lowest local score tables. Also list tables per highest/lowest rank among my friends.
    And please add a mute button for the music while in menu seperate from the tables audio options. I cant stand the music any more after all the years. And it repeats quit quick.

bye
    zoetl

Thanks Barbie for the update! My "Eyes" look forward to the change.

Default Any update on the menu?

Morning Barbie,

Any news on if the main menu for the game will be updated? Icons getting smaller and smaller.... so much room on the screen but so much priority given to the high scores on the right. Maybe move the high scores to a banner at the bottom, heck even make it a dot matrix look just like in the tables (this would be more artistic/consistent to the game overall anyhow).

Just wanted to check in on if there might still be any changes to the menu, and as always thanks for paying attention to what we, the fans, have to say/ask.

Paul

Morning Barbie,

Any news on if the main menu for the game will be updated? Icons getting smaller and smaller.... so much room on the screen but so much priority given to the high scores on the right. Maybe move the high scores to a banner at the bottom, heck even make it a dot matrix look just like in the tables (this would be more artistic/consistent to the game overall anyhow).

Just wanted to check in on if there might still be any changes to the menu, and as always thanks for paying attention to what we, the fans, have to say/ask.

Paul
    Sorry, nothing to report.

Hi,

Each time I see an update for Zen Pinball, I hope I could now distinguish the icons and have different pages to manage all the tables.
    Not this time. Not yet.
    It would be more than appreciable however...

Please for the love of all pinball... When will the main menu be cleaned up.. Over 60 tables and a small as a postage stamp on even my 60" tv.. Please make this a priority????

Any news on the main menu? I like the minor update where you don't hear audio untill you pick the table, but the game it's gettig more difficult to see which table I can select. I now own all of them and it can take me 30 sec. Sometimes to find the table I want. No joke.

Any news on the main menu? I like the minor update where you don't hear audio untill you pick the table, but the game it's gettig more difficult to see which table I can select. I now own all of them and it can take me 30 sec. Sometimes to find the table I want. No joke.
    Sorry, nothing to report at this time.

Well, thanks as always for the open communication. So what's in the works next? Still more tables in the works? Or are things slowing down ?

Well, thanks as always for the open communication. So what's in the works next? Still more tables in the works? Or are things slowing down ?
    We always have new tables in the works - looks like you may have missed the teaser I posted yesterday

http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthre...Women-of-Power

Please tell me when the new tables coming out, that the menu will be getting an update? I hate to sound like a child, but I own every table and it takes forever for the main menu to populate and I can't even see what table I want to pick to play. I may just hold off on purchasing any more tables until the menu is reworked.

Please tell me when the new tables coming out, that the menu will be getting an update? I hate to sound like a child, but I own every table and it takes forever for the main menu to populate and I can't even see what table I want to pick to play. I may just hold off on purchasing any more tables until the menu is reworked.
    I totally understand - they are tiny! I asked for patch notes for this release and for PSN they said that just the tables will be added, but I will let the team lead know that players really want this organized more efficiently (again)!

Edit - just wanted to add that this is planned for the next update after the Women of Power release (which will be a totally new license we've never worked on before!)
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 09-22-2016 at 04:10 PM.

Edit - just wanted to add that this is planned for the next update after the Women of Power release (which will be a totally new license we've never worked on before!)
    YAAAAAAY!!!! Please let it be Hanna Barbera...please let it be Hanna Barbera....PLEASE LET IT BE HANNA BARBERA!!!!!

I can dream! LOL Truth be told, I'm looking forward to a brand new license.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

I totally understand - they are tiny! I asked for patch notes for this release and for PSN they said that just the tables will be added, but I will let the team lead know that players really want this organized more efficiently (again)!

Edit - just wanted to add that this is planned for the next update after the Women of Power release (which will be a totally new license we've never cartoon networked on before!)

Great news! Thanks for the update. Any guess on an eta for that next update? Thanks as always for the transparency on these forums! Wish my company did this.

YAY! thanks so much for listening and updating the main menu!! this thread can now be wiped from the face of the internet

You guys rock!!!

Yep... very happy with what they did with the main-screen Perfect solution!