Thread: game panel dumping back to desktop

Default game panel dumping back to desktop

Trying to play pinball but after start screen and the whole thing goes immediately back to the desktop. On tablet PC. The only change was downloading from app store the slot machine game (new). Tried it, it was "ok" and went back to play pinball. That's when the whole thing went back to the start screen. So, I uninstalled the new download but did not help. Soooo, what has happened and what is the fix?

Quote Originally Posted by augustmoone View Post
    Trying to play pinball but after start screen and the whole thing goes immediately back to the desktop. On tablet PC. The only change was downloading from app store the slot machine game (new). Tried it, it was "ok" and went back to play pinball. That's when the whole thing went back to the start screen. So, I uninstalled the new download but did not help. Soooo, what has happened and what is the fix?
    At what point does it crash?

Default game crash

immeadiately after loading screen and the start screen begins loads the profile and then...quits back to the desktop
    I'm guessing a corrupted file but how to fix it? I did a "refreshing" of the tablet/windows 8.1 but alas--it did not help. The problem surfaced when downloading the slot machine game offered (free). Played the game a little and said "nah" and went to play some pinball and that's when it happened. Uninstalled the slot machine game but it did not help.

I'm having the exact same problem. I start the game. It does its load sequence, says "Press Enter or Tap to Start". I do (I have tried both ways). It briefly begins to load the profile, then minimizes itself to the taskbar, but when "maximized", it just begins the process again.

First time it exited was in the middle of a game.

I have tried rebooting, deleting and reinstalling, and there is no change.

This is not the first time this has happened. Other times, I didn't actually fix it, it just stopped acting up after awhile.

Default Same Issues

Just yesterday the game started crashing on start up. It gets past the Microsoft Studios screen. It gets past the Zen Studios screen. It gets past the initial title screen. It says I have signed in with my xBox Live name, but before the profile can completely load it kicks me back to the desktop. An icon remains on the bar on the bottom, but clicking on the icon steps me through the same process. I have uninstalled it and re-installed it with no discernible change (except of course that all of the tables I have loaded have now disappeared).

Default Pinball crashes during loading the profile

Since several days I cannot start pinball FX. The game approves that I am logged in with the correct name, but when loading the profile it crashes and returns to the desktop. I uninstalled the game and installed it another time, but there is no change. Has anyone any idea? Thank you very much. I have got a Pc with Win 8.1 64 bit.
    Last edited by ruediger; 01-14-2015 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Hint

Default Same problem since yesterday, both on home PC and Surface PRO both with Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by SierraPete View Post
    Just yesterday the game started crashing on start up. It gets past the Microsoft Studios screen. It gets past the Zen Studios screen. It gets past the initial title screen. It says I have signed in with my xBox Live name, but before the profile can completely load it kicks me back to the desktop. An icon remains on the bar on the bottom, but clicking on the icon steps me through the same process. I have uninstalled it and re-installed it with no discernible change (except of course that all of the tables I have loaded have now disappeared).
    I have had the same problem since yesterday, both on my home PC and my Microsoft Surface Pro.
    It completes the login and starts loading profile, but immediately exits PB2 - no error messages, just returning to the start screen.

Thanks for the reports - the team is already looking into this and I'll let you all know when we have an update on this issue.

Default Same as everyone else

Haven't been able to play for the last 2-3 days. On ASUS ROG Windows 8.1 laptop. Goes away during loading of profile and minimizes to task bar. Rinse and repeat... :-(

Default Same exact problem since Monday, Jan 12, 2015

Just found this Forum very happy I did and of course I was relieved to find that I am not the only one experiencing the problem. Symptoms on my PC are as described earlier in the thread. No pinball breaks for me now since Monday. Hope someone comes up with a simple fix soon!

Default My Pinball FX2 won't start up, it keeps restarting when signing me in

My pinball FX2 keep restarting and won't sign in or load profile, can someone please help me, I paid for that whole suite, it does the same thing on my Hp Envy 360, does not work properly on desktop or notebook

No more Zen for me, they will never get another dime
    Last edited by BatedStar; 01-15-2015 at 03:27 AM.

Hey everyone - I know this sounds like a really weird suggestion, but could you try changing your gamerpic, or setting your profile to no gamerpic? It looks like some settings were changed with how these are handled, which could explain why many of you are seeing the game crash shortly after signing in. We tested this from our end and it did help, so please let me know if that helps you or not. Thanks!
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 01-15-2015 at 08:41 PM.

Default Working again

Game is working properly again for me. I made no changes to my profile - just tried to launch the game and today it works again.

Default Problem solved - but there is another one

Suffered the same problem the last days, but now everything seems ok again. Did not change anything.
    There still remains another bug: Playing Biolab-Table in Hotseat-Mode (4 Players) leads to a crash in the end - you will not see your
    scores but fall back to desktop immediately. Same with Boba Fett-Table.
    Also in 4-player-mode, it sometimes happens, that Shaman-Table gets inactive - starter lacks the power to relaunch the ball. This does not happen always, but we suffered this twice in the last weeks.
    Anyway, thanks for making the game playable again, however you solved this problem.

Default Boba Fett can't deliver

In addition to my last post:
    Didn't play FX2 in single-player mode lately, just tried it out a few minutes ago. Unfortunately it seems, that
    the Boba-Fett-Table now crashes to desktop before showing your score even in single-player mode. Thats not
    good for a guy who promises to deliver.

Default THX for nothing - Out of order again

Did I say thank you? Well - a few hours after my last post we are back to the old habit: FX2 crashes to desktop on start. No changes in my system, it was running all the day. No updates. A system-restart now didn't change anything. Pinball out of order again.

Quote Originally Posted by pow View Post
    Did I say thank you? Well - a few hours after my last post we are back to the old habit: FX2 crashes to desktop on start. No changes in my system, it was running all the day. No updates. A system-restart now didn't change anything. Pinball out of order again.
    Did you try my suggestion above?

Default Gamerpic is not the problem

Never had a pic nor more than the default profile. Meanwhile I tried de-installation, re-installation, new driver ... zero. The only change: Before the short period of flawless function yesterday FX crashed when it tried to load my profile. Now it's farewell immediately after hitting enter.

Default Getting better

Seems that you are nearing a solution. After a new re-installation this morning, the game works again. The problem with Biolab-Table is solved to. Tried a quick 4-player-hotseat (actually just let the ball run through) and saw my tiny scores in the end. Boba Fett remains frustrating. Crash to desktop after singleplayer game instead of score. Did not even try it in Hotseat-mode after that. Since I cannot reproduce the random strange behavior on Shaman, I don't know whether this is solved.
    I'm sure you will fix these phenomena to. A half thumbs-up. Keep on.
    Last edited by pow; 01-19-2015 at 11:19 AM.

Default Bag of wonders

Meanwhile we are very curious, what new FX Pinball offers us from day to day. Biolab table was behaving nicely yesterday, today it crashed to desktop again after a 4 player hotseat. But - surprise - when we restarted it, it offered to "continue an old game". Somewhere in the middle it started - knowbody here knows why. Zen Studios - you are the cherry on top of our days. Very entertaining.

Meanwhile we are very curious, what new FX Pinball offers us from day to day. Biolab table was behaving nicely yesterday, today it crashed to desktop again after a 4 player hotseat. But - surprise - when we restarted it, it offered to "continue an old game". Somewhere in the middle it started - knowbody here knows why. Zen Studios - you are the cherry on top of our days. Very entertaining.
    Does it crash every time you do hotseat on Biolab?

Does it crash every time you do hotseat on Biolab?

Default Creative Biolab

Just used a coffee-break to try a little "mock-hotseat" (some hits to get a rational score of some million points for every "player" and then let the ball roll through). Guess what? I saw the score at the end. No crash - everything stable. Let's say Biolab works two days a week and takes a rest on the other ones. I have some sympathy for that.
    Last edited by pow; 01-22-2015 at 10:50 AM.

Smile PBFX2 Crash

I have been experiencing similar issues as those stated above. However, upon uninstalling and attempting to re-install windows store repeatedly claims to be unable to install (8.1/64-bit) no issues with other programs. Gamer profile pic is non-issue...

Default Boba Fett

Didn't play FX2 in single-player mode lately, just tried it out a few minutes ago. Unfortunately it seems, that
    the Boba-Fett-Table now crashes to desktop before showing your score even in single-player mode. Thats not
    Look like it only table I had problem with.

Quote Originally Posted by Louiep View Post
    Look like it only table I had problem with.
    Thanks for the report - I've let the team know.

can confirm this.

Default game panel dumping back to desktop

I uninstalled the new download but did not help.

We have updated the Boba Fett table for Windows 8 - please let me know if you encounter any issues

Default Boba Fett - Newborn

Thx for the update. Works flawless, as far as I can see. Didn't have much time for testings lately. Even the physics of the game seem to be improved. Or is it just my euphoric mood - to have this great table back? It definitely is one of my favs.