View Poll Results: Would you be interested in an FX2 league?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

2 100.00%
  • No

0 0%

Thread: Xbox Live Player Match League

Default Xbox Live Player Match League

Wanted to gauge interest in a league of some sort. I'm open to feedback on format, but I was thinking of something along the lines of the following:

*Year long league (40 weeks, 20 players, 20 different tables played with each person getting to pick a table of their choice with no duplicates)
    Rotisserie style (play each person in the league over each 2 week play period)
    Top 4 point totals at the end of week 20 would play in a match for the championship (on a table not yet having been played)

I'd be more than happy to pony up a Microsoft points card of decent value for the winner of the league as well.

Players would be responsible for adding all players in the league to their players list, arranging a mutually acceptable time to play, and posting results to a yet to be made results thread.

Im open to feedback regarding what to set the goal at, and what % penalty to use.

I think it'd be fun to drum up a little more competition in here beyond what contests Zen periodically has.

If anyone's interested, please respond within this thread, and send me a message via Xbox Live stating your interest. My Xbox Live gamertag is Three Snowshoes.

If I have any extra codes after the championship I'd be happy to provide them for the winners!

That'd be awesome! Thank you!

Default Cool idea

I'd be up for it.
    Although considering how good some of you are I'd be lucky to be in the top 15.
    If you end up doing this, how would you be sure people would be honest? I could record my games, but would everyone else have to also in order to get this right.

Maybe with a little help from Zen?

Also would you want to put up the points/microsoft cash in advance?

Honor system. Both players, the winner and the loser, would have to report the score to me privately, and I'd post the score when confirmed. I don't anticipate too many crooked pinballers. And what do you mean put up the cash in advance? I'll have the card purchased prior to the start of things. It'll likely be $50.

9 day old thread, 1 vote. lol This forum is dead. This was a complete abortion. lol

Did you get any PM's regarding this?

This does sound real interesting. Unfortunately, between work, family, etc, I don't have much free time for Xbox & gaming. For me, would be a bit tough to meet up with 19 other people to arrange individual games, especially if we are all spread out across the globe. Maybe if there were 10 people, but 20 would be tough.

FYI, I am on USA ET time (GMT -5), and usually only have free time to play on Fri & Sat evenings & nights, sometime Sat or Sun afternoon.

I may send messages to my XBL friends that play pinball, maybe I can get 1-2 more players involved. Will point them to this thread & forum, a few of them are already members.

If you are on FB, maybe post on the Zen page, that may get you a few players also. If you don't do FB, I could post for you.

Wonder if a weekend tournament would be worth trying out? Less time commitment. Double elimination structure?

All this being said, err, written, kudos for trying to arrange this, and get some pinball interest going!!
    Last edited by JaySTeeY; 01-26-2015 at 12:12 AM.
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY
    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

We did something like this a couple of years ago - the thread probably still exists somewhere.

The idea was to play every single table at a rate of 1 per week (there were less tables then).

It was good while it lasted but a lot of work to administer and it fizzled out after a while. I would also say though that there is something about gaming to a schedule which is not always fun.

Anyhow its a great idea but ideally we want to be able to run and administer this sort of thing through the game itself - i.e: in PINBALL FX3!

So much unrealised potential....it would be great to be able to invite people to tournaments and set the parameters and schedule.

^^ Thanks for info, interesting. Great idea to run a tournament from within the game itself, would certainly streamline the process, and make it more convenient for the organizer & players. I agree, a must-have feature for PFX3!

And also bumping this thread, to see if there is any more interest in a tourney...
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY
    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

i play mainly on android but also play on the 360 sometimes.Would be up for this.my gamertag is Flashingblademr

Quote Originally Posted by UranusIsBroken View Post
    9 day old thread, 1 vote. lol This forum is dead. This was a complete abortion. lol
    I had quit playing for a while.
    I don't have all the tables, but it looked like a great idea.
    Tables completed: Ms Splosion Man, Spiderman, BioLab, Captain America, Empire Strikes Back, The Avengers, Wolverine, World War Hulk, Sorcerer's Lair, Fantastic Four, Blade, X-Men, Thor, Moon Knight, Infinity Gauntlet, Super League Football, Starfighter Assault, Han Solo
    Billionaire's Club: Spider-Man, World War Hulk, The Avengers, Sorcerer's Lair, Empire Strikes Back, Captain America, Ms. Splosion Man, Han Solo