Thread: DC Comics?

Default DC Comics?

We have 10 Marvel Comics tables but I was wondering if we could get some DC Comics tables. Don't get me wrong, I love Marvel, but I think having some other comic book tables would be fun. Just think about the fun we could have playing a Batman, Superman, Green Lantern, or a Flash table(Flash seems to be a perfect fit for that quick action on pinball).
    Please let me know what you think.
    Also will take friend request for X-box. Gamertag is : Demonchupathing

It's not going to happen. Once Zen made a deal with Marvel, they can't make a deal with any of the other comic companies. It's a clause in their contract.

Quote Originally Posted by shogun00 View Post
    It's not going to happen. Once Zen made a deal with Marvel, they can't make a deal with any of the other comic companies. It's a clause in their contract.
    Have Zen stated this?

In an interview earlier this year, Zen said it'd be very unlikely for a DC table, but didn't say why. The implication was that it'd simply be messy or undesirable (given the deal with Marvel) rather than contractually disallowed.

Which is understandable, but still a big shame. I'd love a Hellboy series of tables.

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    Have Zen stated this?
    They did a couple times on these forums.

Default ok

I did not know this. And yes, a Hellboy table would be cool.

They did a couple times on these forums.
    No doubting you, but do you have a link? I missed those convos.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Womble View Post
    No doubting you, but do you have a link? I missed those convos.

Cheers.
    I'll have to do a search, since I can't remember which threads they were in. I'll post back sometime tomorrow with the links.
    Last edited by shogun00; 06-15-2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: It appears that it was on the PS Blog.

Any news regarding this issue? I'd love to see DC Comics Tables, a Batman or a JLA Table would be awesome.
    Batman table with Robin, Nightwing, Catwoman, Batgirl, Azrael, Red Robin, Huntress, Justice League with the big 7, please make it happen!

like others have stated, I don't think I see it happening. It would be great to see some DC characters come to life in pinball terms. As it is, It seem that Marvel is the best the best IP for games and other entertainment these days. Not saying DC characters aren't great. Love the Superman lore and even Batman.

DC need to catch up to where marvel is right now IMO. Green Lantern wasn't that great but Thor, Captain America and Iron Man Movies that led up to The Avengers in the past couple of years really suggests that Marvel is taking the lead in entertainment at the movies.

They also had X-Men First Class (which was surprisingly good) and with a new spider-man movie coming next month, I can't see marvel losing their strength in the movies. Dark Knight rises should be good and I hear Man of Steele is coming next year which may lead to a Justice League movie.

Any way Rambling but again, As mentioned before I don't see it happening at least on Zen's end. They did say they got some major IP liscenses so I question what they could they possibly be.

Quote Originally Posted by aldi404 View Post
    Any news regarding this issue? I'd love to see DC Comics Tables, a Batman or a JLA Table would be awesome.
    Batman table with Robin, Nightwing, Catwoman, Batgirl, Azrael, Red Robin, Huntress, Justice League with the big 7, please make it happen!

We don't have plans to work with DC, but I think you'll all be happy with the licenses we've acquired for the next big projects

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    We don't have plans to work with DC, but I think you'll all be happy with the licenses we've acquired for the next big projects
    There she goes again. TeasieBoBomb is gonna make my head explode. What will it be, oh what could happen? :P

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Oh you tease

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

MWA HAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously though. Your heads are all going to explode when we do reveal it.

MWA HAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously though. Your heads are all going to explode when we do reveal it.
    I'm having a feeling I know what one of those properties are.

I'm having a feeling I know what one of those properties are.
    Do enlighten us. I have no clue.

For the guys who want a Batman Table we could have Zen do a Spiderman Noir Table, this is an alternate universe Spiderman who is like Batman & Spiderman merged imo.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    For the guys who want a Batman Table we could have Zen do a Spiderman Noir Table, this is an alternate universe Spiderman who is like Batman & Spiderman merged imo.

I think Spiderman is done, pinball table wise. I do remember reading the comic and playing the Noir version on Shattered Dimensions.

Someone stated last month that Zen should do a Noir themed table. I think Barbie said she loved it and would pass it on to the team. We could very well see a noir themed table in the works...just not Spiderman.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    I think Spiderman is done, pinball table wise. I do remember reading the comic and playing the Noir version on Shattered Dimensions.

Someone stated last month that Zen should do a Noir themed table. I think Barbie said she loved it and would pass it on to the team. We could very well see a noir themed table in the works...just not Spiderman.
    Yeh I get what your saying altho this would kill 2 Birds with one Stone for me, as its well please the Marvel Fans and Pinball Fans alike as its a marriage of the 2 concepts.

I am a Comic Book Fan so perhaps my opinions are comprimised.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    DC need to catch up to where marvel is right now IMO. Green Lantern wasn't that great but Thor, Captain America and Iron Man Movies that led up to The Avengers in the past couple of years really suggests that Marvel is taking the lead in entertainment at the movies.
    DC has been playing "catch-up" to Marvel since 1964. They didn't try to humanize there bland golden-age heroes until the eighties.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Nation View Post
    DC has been playing "catch-up" to Marvel since 1964. They didn't try to humanize there bland golden-age heroes until the eighties.
    Yeh DC is too obsessed with Batman & Superman, more so Batman doh.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Yeh DC is too obsessed with Batman & Superman, more so Batman doh.
    Because those have (since the 30's ) thier top sellers. I won't diss Batts as he's by far the most "human" of the DC heros, but Superman has always been annoyingly 'pure' as in bland. Original Flash (not Wally Sparks), all Green Laterns, Superman, Aquaman, etc... all the same person with different "powers" and costume.

Again, Watchmen is the exception; one of the best books of all time (even Time magazine has it in thier best novels ever) and it's published by DC; keep in mind everything that happens in Watchmen though is outside the DC universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek Nation View Post
    Because those have (since the 30's ) thier top sellers. I won't diss Batts as he's by far the most "human" of the DC heros, but Superman has always been annoyingly 'pure' as in bland. Original Flash (not Wally Sparks), all Green Laterns, Superman, Aquaman, etc... all the same person with different "powers" and costume.

Again, Watchmen is the exception; one of the best books of all time (even Time magazine has it in thier best novels ever) and it's published by DC; keep in mind everything that happens in Watchmen though is outside the DC universe.
    A lot of DC's non universe used to be great. Their Vertigo line had some real great stories Preacher, Sandman, Transmetropolitan, The Invisibles, 100 Bullets. Sadly there doesn't seem to be anything of this caliber in their line up at all anymore.

I seem to be reading more Image and Dark Horse these days (Chew, Walking Dead, The Goon)

Does this mean we can also rule out an Archie Comics table? Because I would totally buy that, and I'm not even kidding.

Mr. Weatherbee Multiball FTW.

Wonder if this non-competitve clause/stigma cancels out something obscure like The Phantom? Does someone major/big own him or would it be a cheaper side of rights to secure? Thought of this when I flipped through some weird SyFy showing today.

I don't know much about him but I could imagine skulls and pirates; maybe something to do with the various incarnations of the Phantom through the centuries? The only other man to actually pull off purple unless Hulkster decides to jump across a comic into a strip and slap it off him...Puny Human (I think I will end all my sentences like this once I get a chance to play WWH, please let him say Puny Human as part of the table dialouge!)

Wait, what was I talking about?
    PSN: Loc_Dog_ (feel free 2 add, mention ZP2 or these forums if you will! )
    Wizarded on ZP2: Avengers, Infinity Gauntlet, Captain America, Plants vs Zombies, Ghost Rider, X-MEN, Epic Quest, Sorcerer's Lair, Spider-Man, Wolverine, Blade, Paranormal

Quote Originally Posted by hectorpuppet View Post
    Does this mean we can also rule out an Archie Comics table? Because I would totally buy that, and I'm not even kidding.

WooHoo!! That's one I haven't heard yet and has my vote. Archie is its own publisher so I could see Zen getting those rights.

I have a good bias with Supes, so I won't comment on those against him.

Anyway, an Archie table means WIN! Period. I bet Zen would sell so many on copies on launch day alone.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Rafie View Post
    I have a good bias with Supes, so I won't comment on those against him.

Anyway, an Archie table means WIN! Period. I bet Zen would sell so many on copies on launch day alone.
    Rafie I am surprised. You've had my back on so many pro-Marvel conversations that you were the last person whom I thought would be pro-(gasp)Supes. Did you read the original "death of superman"? Woof. I'd like to know more about your personal bias, feel free to send me a message if you don't want to tie up the thread. I truely offended an Aquaman fan yesterday... I honestly didn't know so many people were fans of DC heros.

Quote Originally Posted by hectorpuppet View Post

Excuse the interruption, I just keep wondering what FTW means, n I've finally given up trying to piece it together on my own.

Banned

FTW means- "For the Win" LOL

Thumbs up DC comics would be some sweet DLC

The DC ideas are all great, but you all forgot Wonder Woman. I could Stare at that table for hours. With an invisable jet, bullet-proof bracelets, a lasso of truth, and those bitchin' red boots the table could be fabulous. Think of all the female Pinballers who would love a woman as the main character of the table. Ms. Splosion Man is the only current table that I can think of. DC would be great with countless themes available, but lets wish for attainable Licenses. Companies that Marvel aren't directly competing with. Some dreams from me are- Hey, how about Spawn! that table would jam. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, The Matrix, Terminator, Transformers, Star Trek, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, The Big Lebowski, Shaun of the Dead, The Lord of the Rings,The Grindhouse Movies, The X-Files, 24, S.N.L., Beavis & Butthead, The Simpsons, Futurama, The Family Guy, American Dad, South Park, The Regular Show, Adventure Time, Snoopy, Tom & Jerry, Scooby-Doo, cartoons could be endless, as with Bands ie, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Radiohead Etc. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by theRonlyConly97 View Post
    The DC ideas are all great, but you all forgot Wonder Woman. I could Stare at that table for hours. With an invisable jet, bullet-proof bracelets, a lasso of truth, and those bitchin' red boots the table could be fabulous. Think of all the female Pinballers who would love a woman as the main character of the table. Ms. Splosion Man is the only current table that I can think of. DC would be great with countless themes available, but lets wish for attainable Licenses. Companies that Marvel aren't directly competing with. Some dreams from me are- Hey, how about Spawn! that table would jam. Star Wars, Indiana Jones, The Matrix, Terminator, Transformers, Star Trek, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, The Big Lebowski, Shaun of the Dead, The Lord of the Rings,The Grindhouse Movies, The X-Files, 24, S.N.L., Beavis & Butthead, The Simpsons, Futurama, The Family Guy, American Dad, South Park, The Regular Show, Adventure Time, Snoopy, Tom & Jerry, Scooby-Doo, cartoons could be endless, as with Bands ie, AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Radiohead Etc. Etc.
    I've already made a table with DC dlc. I got it covered

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qg2jc5j2lY