Thread: Iron & Steel Table Pack

Default Iron & Steel Table Pack

We have a set of two tables coming later this month!

Get ready for Wild West Rampage and a table based on CastleStorm! Check out the blog post below for all the release dates and details! Trailer coming soon!

http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=5076

A nice surprise! Don't think anyone here guessed that. Both tables look great, love that a train is featured (love trains )

Can't wait to play them but have a complaint to make about the release date guys... February 25th??? My wife's 40th birthday???? That's gonna be tricky trying to explain to her on her special day when I fire up the Playsation and say I need to play these!

Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    A nice surprise! Don't think anyone here guessed that. Both tables look great, love that a train is featured (love trains )

Can't wait to play them but have a complaint to make about the release date guys... February 25th??? My wife's 40th birthday???? That's gonna be tricky trying to explain to her on her special day when I fire up the Playsation and say I need to play these!
    Oooops!

You guys had some really great guesses!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Oooops!

SO HYPE!

Can't wait to play these live in about two weeks.
    Completed Tables:
    Spider-Man, Ms. Splosion Man, Captain America, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Sorcerer's Lair, Plants vs. Zombies, The Avengers, World War Hulk, Civil War, Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Super League Football

Xbox 360 ID: NoahChron
    PlayStation 4 ID: richc111
    PS4 Twitch Livestreams: http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre

Exciting! Very exciting. I love Wild West themes. I enjoyed Cactus Canyon as a kid and this looks like our modern day version of it. Castlestorm table looks utterly fabulous! Great job, Zen and thank you!!!
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

A nice surprise indeed. Both tables look charming. I'm very interested in Wild West Rampage. No doubt it could possibly have targets to shoot at much like Bally's Cactus Canyon. What kind of pinball table would be without that?

Now for some gameplay teasers.

Who designed these tables by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    A nice surprise indeed. Both tables look charming. I'm very interested in Wild West Rampage. No doubt it could possibly have targets to shoot at much like Bally's Cactus Canyon. What kind of pinball table would be without that?

Now for some gameplay teasers.

Who designed these tables by the way?
    Wild West Rampage – David Szucs (ndever), previously designed the South Park Butters table.
    CastleStorm – Gabor Andrassy (coltos), previously designed The Walking Dead table.

Oooops!

The guesses were better than the end result.

I got a quick question...

Why only one trophy per table now?
    Is there a limit on how many trophies you can have?
    If you reach that limit would a Zp3 come out?

Ok ok ok 3 quick questions you got me on that one

Oh and btw Wild West one looks real neat

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    I got a quick question...

Why only one trophy per table now?
    Is there a limit on how many trophies you can have?
    If you reach that limit would a Zp3 come out?

Ok ok ok 3 quick questions you got me on that one

Oh and btw Wild West one looks real neat
    I believe there is a limit - though I am not sure what that number is exactly. We can't even do trophies on XBLA anymore since we hit that limit a few tables ago, so we have to be careful Not sure when ZP3 would happen, but ZP2 is getting pretty crowded!

hi Barbie new user, cant thank you guys(bobby I think) enough for the excellent customer service and helping me get all my tables back, ive spent 30 dollars on an iphone APP, and will be buying these tables when they come out as well!

I believe there is a limit - though I am not sure what that number is exactly. We can't even do trophies on XBLA anymore since we hit that limit a few tables ago, so we have to be careful Not sure when ZP3 would happen, but ZP2 is getting pretty crowded!
    There supposedly is a point cap limit, and it is 2400 points.

The points are as follows:

Gold trophies = 90 points
    Silver trophies = 30 points
    Bronze trophies = 15 points

If we look at Pinball Arcade's trophy list, we can see they maxed at 2400 points:

64 silver trophies for 1920 points
    32 bronze trophies for 480 points

Grand total of 2400 points

Zen Pinball 2 currently (up to the Venom table) has:

3 gold trophies for 270 points
    38 silver trophies for 1140 points
    63 bronze trophies for 945 points

Grand total of 2355 points

That leaves 45 point allocations left. The CastleStorm & Wild Wild West tables add a bronze each, leaving one more bronze available.

I do believe there have been a very small number of games that have surpassed 2400 points, so it might be possible to see more. Perhaps Sony likes Zen enough to let them go over a little bit, untill Zp3 releases.

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver24 View Post
    hi Barbie new user, cant thank you guys(bobby I think) enough for the excellent customer service and helping me get all my tables back, ive spent 30 dollars on an iphone APP, and will be buying these tables when they come out as well!
    You're so welcome! And welcome to the forums!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
    There supposedly is a point cap limit, and it is 2400 points.

The points are as follows:

Gold trophies = 90 points
    Silver trophies = 30 points
    Bronze trophies = 15 points

If we look at Pinball Arcade's trophy list, we can see they maxed at 2400 points:

64 silver trophies for 1920 points
    32 bronze trophies for 480 points

Grand total of 2400 points

Zen Pinball 2 currently (up to the Venom table) has:

3 gold trophies for 270 points
    38 silver trophies for 1140 points
    63 bronze trophies for 945 points

Grand total of 2355 points

That leaves 45 point allocations left. The CastleStorm & Wild Wild West tables add a bronze each, leaving one more bronze available.

I do believe there have been a very small number of games that have surpassed 2400 points, so it might be possible to see more. Perhaps Sony likes Zen enough to let them go over a little bit, untill Zp3 releases.
    Oooof that is a tight squeeze. Yikes!

Just wanted to add my thoughts on the Trophy subject. It's a confusing situation as there seems no definitive answer regarding limits, 2400 points seems to apply to most games but the limit is possibly higher for retail and/or games with a Platinum Trophy. Whatever the case, there should really be exceptions and games with a high amount of DLC should fall into this category, in my opinion anyway.

I really hope Zen can find a way to release tables with Trophies as they add so much to the fun and challenge, some of my most rewarding gaming has involved trying to get 100% of the Trophies. Not to mention the people who buy DLC mainly for the Trophies.

Apologies for going on, I know some people don't care at all about Trophies

PS : apologies for saying 'Trophies' a lot

Just at the right time. Took a 1+ year hiatus from all the Pinball madness I had going on. Nice to see you guys are still putting out excellent tables. Already downloaded the last Star Wars pack, the South Park pack, Walking Dead and Guardians of the Galaxy. Gonna get the rest once the new pack is out (or maybe earlier ).
    A little sad to hear the new tables will only come with one bronze trophy each as trophies were the reason why I started playing this game originally and they really pushed me to the limits (they still do actually).

i think its time to release zp3 because tropihies are really a source of motivation and my request is that zp3 has a platinum
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Western themed table YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSS!

Quote Originally Posted by snakeman07 View Post
    Western themed table YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS SSSSSSSSSSS!
    Have you read the small print?

You star as a cowgirl named Cindy – its hardly Clint Eastwood…..

Quote Originally Posted by maink View Post
    i think its time to release zp3 because tropihies are really a source of motivation and my request is that zp3 has a platinum
    x2
    I'd pay every price for a ZP3 with a platinum trophy as long as it's as challenging as all the other games

Is that a deal breaker for you Alipan? There were a few famous Wild West sharpshooters that were women. Annie Oakley comes to mind. I'm not sure why it is big deal. Most of the tables feature dudes anyway, particularly the Marvel stuff. I'm just glad we are getting more original tables and I for one don't mind a break from the sausage fest of male leads.

Not a deal breaker but I must say my heart sank a bit when I read the table spiel and saw the cartoony art style reminiscent of Epic Quest.

Was hoping they would play it a bit more straight with something more mature and reminiscent of the classic spaghetti westerns.
    Last edited by Alipan; 02-12-2015 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post
    Not a deal breaker but I must say my heart sank a bit when I read the table spiel and saw the cartoony art style reminiscent of Epic Quest.

Was hoping they would play it a bit more straight with something more mature and reminiscent of the classic spaghetti westerns.
    It's not exactly "small print" since she is a 3D character and a very large part of the table art...

Please remember that the game is rated E10 and is meant to be playable by just about anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Beliskner View Post
    Just at the right time. Took a 1+ year hiatus from all the Pinball madness I had going on. Nice to see you guys are still putting out excellent tables. Already downloaded the last Star Wars pack, the South Park pack, Walking Dead and Guardians of the Galaxy. Gonna get the rest once the new pack is out (or maybe earlier ).
    A little sad to hear the new tables will only come with one bronze trophy each as trophies were the reason why I started playing this game originally and they really pushed me to the limits (they still do actually).
    Welcome back! I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the newer tables since you've taken a break from pinball

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

I also long for a ZP3 taking advantage of the new power the PS4 can allow. I'm sure Zen will come up with something about the Trophies, perhaps some sort of in game accomplishment system? like how in fighting games you can showcase beating said Boss on Hard Mode.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

It's not exactly "small print" since she is a 3D character and a very large part of the table art...

Please remember that the game is rated E10 and is meant to be playable by just about anyone.
    Curse those under 10's. Shattering the pinball dreams of middle aged men...

I will try and make the best of it despite it being a children's western theme.

I have to agree that I love seeing a woman being in the forefront this time around. I also hope for a Marvel female fatale table. That would be bananas.

Anyway, I enjoy the artstyle that Zen has. It's their ORIGINAL stamp there. Looking forward to these tables and the rest year. *Ahhh CHOOO Hanna Barbera* (sniff, sniff)

Oh and I do agree about the trophies. They give extra incentive to complete the tables and such. Still working on Deadpool's combo shots. That's a pain in the neck to get. Will be worth it when I do get it though.
    PSN ID- RayCrocheron82
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Welcome back! I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the newer tables since you've taken a break from pinball
    Here are the ones I played during the last few days.

Star Wars: Episode IV
    Haven't played too much of this yet. What I've seen so far looks good though. The selection of scenes for the story mode is awesome as always although I don't like the way scenes are being activated.

Han Solo
    Really like the attention to detail on this one. I especially enjoyed shooting the crap out of Greedo . Some good variety on the modes as well. The only bad thing I have to say about this is the music. It's good at first but it gets really annoying after a while. All in all my favorite of the pack.

Droids
    This one is quite good as well but that's mostly because I like R2-D2 and the Javas. The Hurry-Ups can be quite frustrating if activated during missions. Also C-3PO nagging about everything makes me want to kill him.

Masters of the Force
    The concept is really nice and the fights are fun. I gotta pay my respects to the left mini loop. That frickin shot is the worst thing in history. Also lighting up the Force letters is terrible. Sometimes it doesn't register at all (like 50% of the time) and it's dumb. Also this is one of those tables where you lose your ball constantly because of stupid crap. Reminds me of the Thor table in a lot of ways. Not only the frustrating ball drains but the layout as well. Was wondering if this was designed by the same guy

Guardians of the Galaxy
    Good fun like the movie. Has to be one of my favorite table designs. Yet again like the Han Solo table the music gets somewhat annoying after a while.

The Walking Dead
    To be honest I'm not too big of a Walking Dead fan. I don't like the show (I know this table is based of the game), I haven't played the game yet because I'm not super interested in it and this table kinda falls under the "I'd rather play a different table" category. It's alright but not as good as most of the other tables you guys are putting out .

South Park Super Sweet Pinball
    This one I like a lot. I'm a huge fan of South Park and you really put a ton of stuff on this table that I love about the show. The Mr. Hankey multiball with those poop balls is great. Would have been cool to have the original german voice actors (I know you guys don't do that) but the original voices do the job as well. Haven't played too many of the modes yet but I expect some more good stuff from this table

Butters' Very Own Pinball Game
    I like Butters. He might actually be my favorite side character of the show and Imaginationland is one of my all time favorite episodes. Again I haven't played too much of it yet but I will definitely give it some more tries

Also something I've noticed on quite a few of the newer tables are sloppy german translations on the DOT Matrix. Thought I'd mention that even though it's not a big deal really

Here are the ones I played during the last few days.

Star Wars: Episode IV
    Haven't played too much of this yet. What I've seen so far looks good though. The selection of scenes for the story mode is awesome as always although I don't like the way scenes are being activated.

Han Solo
    Really like the attention to detail on this one. I especially enjoyed shooting the crap out of Greedo . Some good variety on the modes as well. The only bad thing I have to say about this is the music. It's good at first but it gets really annoying after a while. All in all my favorite of the pack.

Droids
    This one is quite good as well but that's mostly because I like R2-D2 and the Javas. The Hurry-Ups can be quite frustrating if activated during missions. Also C-3PO nagging about everything makes me want to kill him.

Masters of the Force
    The concept is really nice and the fights are fun. I gotta pay my respects to the left mini loop. That frickin shot is the worst thing in history. Also lighting up the Force letters is terrible. Sometimes it doesn't register at all (like 50% of the time) and it's dumb. Also this is one of those tables where you lose your ball constantly because of stupid crap. Reminds me of the Thor table in a lot of ways. Not only the frustrating ball drains but the layout as well. Was wondering if this was designed by the same guy

Guardians of the Galaxy
    Good fun like the movie. Has to be one of my favorite table designs. Yet again like the Han Solo table the music gets somewhat annoying after a while.

The Walking Dead
    To be honest I'm not too big of a Walking Dead fan. I don't like the show (I know this table is based of the game), I haven't played the game yet because I'm not super interested in it and this table kinda falls under the "I'd rather play a different table" category. It's alright but not as good as most of the other tables you guys are putting out .

South Park Super Sweet Pinball
    This one I like a lot. I'm a huge fan of South Park and you really put a ton of stuff on this table that I love about the show. The Mr. Hankey multiball with those poop balls is great. Would have been cool to have the original german voice actors (I know you guys don't do that) but the original voices do the job as well. Haven't played too many of the modes yet but I expect some more good stuff from this table

Butters' Very Own Pinball Game
    I like Butters. He might actually be my favorite side character of the show and Imaginationland is one of my all time favorite episodes. Again I haven't played too much of it yet but I will definitely give it some more tries

Also something I've noticed on quite a few of the newer tables are sloppy german translations on the DOT Matrix. Thought I'd mention that even though it's not a big deal really
    I think you're in the same boat as a lot of others when it comes to The Walking Dead table - if you didn't play (or enjoy) the first season of the Telltale game, you might not care about this table. I actually cried at the end of the first season and I never cry in movies and stuff like that, so to say it's a 'heavy' game is understated... haha! I do recommend it though, just as something different with a crazy story. We tried to incorporate a lot of the same choices into the table that you make in the actual game, so that would be lost on you if you hadn't played it.

About Super Sweet - I don't think anything we've done so far has made me laugh as hard as the poop multiballs, it always makes me laugh to hear that others got a kick out of it! I hope you keep playing Butters (especially since you are already a fan of him), that table has some really great references! Loo loo loo!

I think you're in the same boat as a lot of others when it comes to The Walking Dead table - if you didn't play (or enjoy) the first season of the Telltale game, you might not care about this table. I actually cried at the end of the first season and I never cry in movies and stuff like that, so to say it's a 'heavy' game is understated... haha! I do recommend it though, just as something different with a crazy story. We tried to incorporate a lot of the same choices into the table that you make in the actual game, so that would be lost on you if you hadn't played it.

About Super Sweet - I don't think anything we've done so far has made me laugh as hard as the poop multiballs, it always makes me laugh to hear that others got a kick out of it! I hope you keep playing Butters (especially since you are already a fan of him), that table has some really great references! Loo loo loo!
    I see. I do have The Walking Dead game so I might give it a try some time. Heard a lot of good things about it but as I said I'm not a huge fan of The Walking Dead and I also suck at Adventure games .

The poop balls are some of the best things in any game ever . When I first saw those I just sat there with a "WHAAAAT" face for a minute. Definitely gonna keep exploring the South Park tables

Come on man, the perfect solution is right there! On her Bday, fire up the PS, and say "Ta-dah!! Happy Bday honey, here are your new Zen Pinball tables! Wanna play some split-screen?" She will melt in your arms...

I tried getting my wife into Pinball, but no luck with that. Kinda bummed, but maybe for the best, so I don't have to share game time...

We have a few events already planned for that weekend, so I will have to wait a bit before digging into the new tables. Dang it, really looking forward to them.
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY
    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

Guardians of the Galaxy
    Aww man, the music on this table is epic I thought it fitted the film perfectly, and Ata said he had a great time creating it too

Quote Originally Posted by Croftanator View Post
    Aww man, the music on this table is epic I thought it fitted the film perfectly, and Ata said he had a great time creating it too
    It is epic but unlike (most of) the Star Wars songs it's not as cool anymore if you have to hear it in a very, very long loop. You stayed true to the movie which is perfectly fine and I didn't expect anything else. I think it's very similar to the Cantina Band: I hear it the first time it's the best thing ever. The second time it's still quite groovy. The third time I'm still fine with it. The fourth time I'd rather listen to a different piece of music.
    I'm sure the majority loves the music on the GotG table but it's just not for me when it comes to long sessions

PS: Played some more on Episode IV table and it wasn't as apparent to me when playing on the Vita but on the PS3 it hit me: Holy smokes is that one bouncy ball. Also the slingshots are insane. This will be a tough table to master for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JaySTeeY View Post
    Come on man, the perfect solution is right there! On her Bday, fire up the PS, and say "Ta-dah!! Happy Bday honey, here are your new Zen Pinball tables! Wanna play some split-screen?" She will melt in your arms...

I tried getting my wife into Pinball, but no luck with that. Kinda bummed, but maybe for the best, so I don't have to share game time...

We have a few events already planned for that weekend, so I will have to wait a bit before digging into the new tables. Dang it, really looking forward to them.
    Yeh thanks for that! We did use to play Psycho Pinball together a long time ago on the old Sega Megadrive (Genesis), great game that was. Maybe I could try and tempt her back with a little taste of Zen goodness, hmm... Don't think I'm brave/foolish enough to try my luck on her special day though!

Now I loved the Cantina music but have to agree, it does get so tiresome after a long game. Must be tough to get a balance of music on the tables though, I suppose a mixture is the best way to go with changes for each mission etc. Hey, we can at least turn it down or even add our own so it's really not a big deal.

Glad I'm not alone with my thoughts and hopes regarding Trophies. And yes, I agree the power of the PS4 has to be harnessed soon. Hate to say it as I really appreciate being able to play all the tables on my new PS4 but... I can hardly notice the difference to the PS3 version really. I'm not complaining just hoping next gen Zen is in the pipeline

Glad I'm not alone with my thoughts and hopes regarding Trophies. And yes, I agree the power of the PS4 has to be harnessed soon. Hate to say it as I really appreciate being able to play all the tables on my new PS4 but... I can hardly notice the difference to the PS3 version really. I'm not complaining just hoping next gen Zen is in the pipeline
    I wanted to wait to get a PS4 until Star Wars: Battlefront is out but if Zen releases a Zen Pinball 3 I'd buy the PS4 earlier just for that

Is it Trailer o'clock yet Barbie?

Is it Trailer o'clock yet Barbie?
    Not yet - will be up for launch week though. PSNation will be streaming the tables tomorrow at 6pm central http://www.twitch.tv/psnation

Not yet - will be up for launch week though. PSNation will be streaming the tables tomorrow at 6pm central http://www.twitch.tv/psnation
    Nice! Always enjoy their streams (and your giggling in the background, if you're there too)

Nice! Always enjoy their streams (and your giggling in the background, if you're there too)
    That's the plan! GIGGLE FEST '15!

PSNation had to reschedule - so I'll be joining the stream this Sunday at 3pm central.

PSNation had to reschedule - so I'll be joining the stream this Sunday at 3pm central.
    Saw the archive of the stream last night. http://www.twitch.tv/psnation/c/6178361 Tables look awesome! Both look fast.

Castlestorm playfield seems smaller than expected. interesting modes. I like that each time you hit the upper playfield targets and flippers the completion bonus ramps up.

Wild West Rampage looks like it will be my favorite. Targets/Lanes to hit. Seems like it has a really good flow to it.

2 more days! Pumped up!

The pack is now available in North America! Coming to Europe tomorrow!

Again great job Zen Team! Your tables always brighten my spirits. I love the dragon on the Castlestorm table and so does my dog! The Wild West Rampage table plays real smooth and I love the art style. The train is really nice. Overall an A+ in my book on both tables. Can't wait for what the rest of the year has in store for us.
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kemetman View Post
    Again great job Zen Team! Your tables always brighten my spirits. I love the dragon on the Castlestorm table and so does my dog! The Wild West Rampage table plays real smooth and I love the art style. The train is really nice. Overall an A+ in my book on both tables. Can't wait for what the rest of the year has in store for us.
    Oh wow - thank you! We have some more originals coming this year (YAY!) and more new licenses we've not worked on before

Streaming RIGHT NOW at www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre
    Completed Tables:
    Spider-Man, Ms. Splosion Man, Captain America, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Sorcerer's Lair, Plants vs. Zombies, The Avengers, World War Hulk, Civil War, Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Super League Football

Xbox 360 ID: NoahChron
    PlayStation 4 ID: richc111
    PS4 Twitch Livestreams: http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre

Downloading the tables at the moment

Fantastic pack. Again Zen love your creativity.

Rampage is definitely my favorite. Mostly because of the theme. The train mini game/mode was such a surprise and a nice touch as well. When I go to that mode I said out loud. 'This is VERY cool. Very cool indeed'. Completing each car is fun and they're different targets. I only got to the bumper one.......Modes seems challenging enough. Only had time to play one game before I have to go back to work. Will hopefully get some more time in tomorrow.

One thing I did notice on the table is that shooting that center ramp through the doors..... you'll want to shoot that sinkhole next to it to change which which letters to spell.

Spelling RAMPAGE you'll have a certain amount of time to lock as much balls as you can in the center where what looks like you're loading a six shooter. After that you start a multiball by hitting the right sinkhole below the right bumper where it says 'back'. MB starts with the amount of balls you locked in your six shooter. Again nice touch.

Castle storm. Like how you incorporated some of the charm of Castlestorm. Maybe I haven't noticed it while playing the actual game of Castlestorm but it seems like you just plugged in the same voice work from Excalibur to the table. I guess that's my only disappointment. That and there were only 2 tables.................

Well I can dream can't I?

Love what you guys can do. I know I will enjoy these but can't wait to see what else you have in store.
    Last edited by tenorhero; 02-27-2015 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    Fantastic pack. Again Zen love your creativity.

Rampage is definitely my favorite. Mostly because of the theme. The train mini game/mode was such a surprise and a nice touch as well. When I go to that mode I said out loud. 'This is VERY cool. Very cool indeed'. Completing each car is fun and they're different targets. I only got to the bumper one.......Modes seems challenging enough. Only had time to play one game before I have to go back to work. Will hopefully get some more time in tomorrow.

One thing I did notice on the table is that shooting that center ramp through the doors..... You'll want to shoot the center from their respective flpper. To Spell 'SALOON' shoot the center ramp with the left flipper. To Spell 'RAMPAGE' shoot from the right flipper. Nice touch.

Spelling RAMPAGE you'll have a certain amount of time to lock as much balls as you can in the center where what looks like you're loading a six shooter. After that you start a multiball by hitting the right sinkhole below the right bumper where it says 'back'. MB starts with the amount of balls you locked in your six shooter. Again nice touch.

Castle storm. Like how you incorporated some of the charm of Castlestorm. Maybe I haven't noticed it while playing the actual game of Castlestorm but it seems like you just plugged in the same voice work from Excalibur to the table. I guess that's my only disappointment. That and there were only 2 tables.................

Well I can dream can't I?

Love what you guys can do. I know I will enjoy these but can't wait to see what else you have in store.
    YAY! Glad you're enjoying them!

I'm enjoying these new tables very much! I'm having a rough time hitting the multiplier targets on Wild West (the bonuses don't seem like a lot so maybe it's not that big a deal). With that upper right flipper, I can hit the ramps pretty consistently, but those targets barely ever. It looks like an open table but you still have to be precise and quick for a lot of shots, especially during the missions. It's tough and fun. Castlestorm seemed a lot calmer and less punishing. I got over 100 mil and a few extra balls on the first game. I can see the high scores on this table soaring pretty high very soon. Having tons of fun

Props to the designer of Wild West Rampage. It has it's challenges. You definitely have to work for your scores which is what I love about challenging tables. I thing WWR is one of those like Fear Itself, is a table that fits my playstyle.

Many of the targets that need to be hit can lead to SDTM shots when you don't expect it. Lighting the kickback is work which is fine that's what's needed in some of zens tables.

This pack has a nice balance of easy to get into but difficult to master tables.

Can't wait to see what you guys have in store for us.

Just done a quick google - cant find a single review of these tables and no mention at all on some of the big gaming websites.

There are lots of previews from a couple of weeks ago but then it all goes quiet.

Whats going on Zen people? There doesnt seem to be much publicity for these at the moment?

Just done a quick google - cant find a single review of these tables and no mention at all on some of the big gaming websites.

There are lots of previews from a couple of weeks ago but then it all goes quiet.

Whats going on Zen people? There doesnt seem to be much publicity for these at the moment?
    Hi forum person, I do have a name, haha

Here are a couple if you're interested:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Zen...tal-70300.html

Hi forum person, I do have a name, haha

Here are a couple if you're interested:

Thanks I just found that one (I shouldnt post so hastily).

Thanks I just found that one (I shouldnt post so hastily).
    No worries We are expecting more reviews, though it is hard to get people to write full length reviews on DLC that isn't based on a big IP. A lot of sites won't do DLC reviews at all.

This has to be the best headline about these tables....

"Iron & Steel adds a lass & an ass to Zen Pinball 2"

Gave both tables a proper play today after getting the pathetically easy trophies yesterday

CastleStorm is by far the easiest of the 2 and high scoring. I found starting the mission where the vikings walk towards the flippers (Impair?) opens the Shades mini-loop. Hit this with an early shot off the top-left flipper to send the ball to the bumpers, this will quickly light both kick-backs. Also, once they are both lit you get an increasing bonus for each 10 hits, this can really ramp up and the Shades Multiball is a good scoring mission too.

Hate to sound overly critical but I don't think this table is for me, I had a marathon go to get over 700k and found the missions overly familiar, no real interesting ways of increasing jackpots etc. and I really dislike the upper mini-playfield. I'm sure less experienced players will enjoy it though, doubt I'll ever go back after reaching the Wizard mode twice in that game I feel like I've seen everything.

Now, Wild West Rampage is more like my style! YEEEE-HAAAAA!! This is the complete opposite from the other table in the pack, offering a real challenge that makes you work for every single point. A huge amount of varied missions adds to the fun, I played it for 2-3 hours and still haven't tried them all! Got nowhere near the Wizard mode either,can't wait to play some more.

I'll post again with some more thoughts soon.

Like sKyway, I don't see me playing Castlestrom that often. It has it's charm. It is a great table don't get me wrong. I think it's catered more to those that don't like challenging tables. Wild West Rampage is one of those challenging tables.

Few more things i noticed on Wild West Rampage. You can light the lock for train multiball by getting the ball into the bumpers. I fear it would be another table like SW Episode 4 where you can just get into the bumpers lock the balls and grind for points. It's much more difficult to do or it takes longer on this table than SW Episode 4. Mostly because as you shoot the right lanes to get the ball into the bumpers, most of the time it hits the the bumpers a few times and it goes right to the in lanes.

It's a bit easier to light 'TRAIN' ramp to lock balls by making sure you are lighting letters for 'SALOON' in the center ramp. To do this hit the sinkhole (Barrel) next to the center lane. The shutters of windows in the background will be different. The shutter open on the left will be for saloon, right for Rampage. Shoot the ball up the center ramp and the ball will release to the upper right flipper. Then shoot the 'TRAIN' RAMP.

[re post] Spelling RAMPAGE you'll have a certain amount of time to lock as much balls as you can in the center where what looks like you're loading a six shooter. After that you start a multiball by hitting the right sinkhole below the right bumper where it says 'back'. MB starts with the amount of balls you locked in your six shooter. Again nice touch.

I did reach the Wizard mode a few times (Not in one game though). You don't have to win the primary modes to light them. If you do 'win the mode' however there is a bullet hole representing that you did so. I'm sure this changes the scores on jackpots in the Wizard mode.

Will give you more details later as I'm off to work.

Quote Originally Posted by littlechunk View Post
    I'm enjoying these new tables very much! I'm having a rough time hitting the multiplier targets on Wild West (the bonuses don't seem like a lot so maybe it's not that big a deal). With that upper right flipper, I can hit the ramps pretty consi...)
    Yep, they are a pain to hit. Best way I've found is when you light Rampage at the saloon doors and the you have to land the balls in the Six shooter, each time the ball launches from the plunger it always hits one, a little nudge as it launches lights the other.

BTW that is a cool mode, love locking the balls in the gun. A good way to rack up some points on a low scoring table too

Putting some time into the wild west table.

That right outlane is my nemesis
    there always seems to be some odd bounce and it goes straight down that side almost at random.

The hidden skillshot is pretty cool, loving the various mission modes. The rampage multiball is fun!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    That right outlane is my nemesis
    there always seems to be some odd bounce and it goes straight down that side almost at random.
    Learn how to do bang backs and the outlanes won't be a problem anymore

Hi, Liking the Wild West table but one annoying thing about it and was wondering if others agreed, is that when you have a specific tasks to complete eg: Killing bandits or blowing up explosives when you hit the target the ball should go through them instead of bouncing back at you or straight down the drain!(which happens a lot). I think it's rather unfair and very frustrating that you get punished for a good shot especially when the table is hard enough as it is. Is there any chance this could be changed in a patch?

Well thanks for listening from a dedicated ZEN pinball player who has every table on multiple platforms, and a member of the BILLIONAIRES Club hehe

Quote Originally Posted by WAZMAC View Post
    Hi, Liking the Wild West table but one annoying thing about it and was wondering if others agreed, is that when you have a specific tasks to complete eg: Killing bandits or blowing up explosives when you hit the target the ball should go through them instead of bouncing back at you or straight down the drain!(which happens a lot). I think it's rather unfair and very frustrating that you get punished for a good shot especially when the table is hard enough as it is. Is there any chance this could be changed in a patch?

Well thanks for listening from a dedicated ZEN pinball player who has every table on multiple platforms, and a member of the BILLIONAIRES Club hehe
    No tables have ever been changed just because they were unfair or frustrating. Especially the Thor table had some huge problems with the ball going down the center drain and that's one of the reasons why it's my least favorite Marvel table even though Thor is one of my favorite super heroes.
    You have to see it from this perspective though: The not so good tables make you appreciate the great ones even more .

Learn how to do bang backs and the outlanes won't be a problem anymore
    I can do them just fine. Some tables are much easier than others. For this table it isn't that easy.

That outlane is horrible because of all the random bad bounces that make the ball go over there. I don't know how many times the ball has shot straight down that outlane from bouncing between the left angled bumper. If that ball even has a hint of bouncing around that lane i'm already nudging trying to stop it.

Most of the time when he does go down that outlane, there isn't enough speed to do the bang back.

Thumbs up

I like them both, it was a total suprise for me cuz its been about a month since logging on to Zen. Great original tables again Zen It looks like everybody likes these two tables.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkKodiaK View Post
    I can do them just fine. Some tables are much easier than others. For this table it isn't that easy.

That outlane is horrible because of all the random bad bounces that make the ball go over there. I don't know how many times the ball has shot straight down that outlane from bouncing between the left angled bumper. If that ball even has a hint of bouncing around that lane i'm already nudging trying to stop it.

Most of the time when he does go down that outlane, there isn't enough speed to do the bang back.
    Care to share a couple pointers. I can do them like maybe 10% of the time...I push almost straight up on the nudge.

Anyway, great tables...nice to see some originals!

Default bang backs

Quote Originally Posted by Trollwart View Post
    Care to share a couple pointers. I can do them like maybe 10% of the time...I push almost straight up on the nudge.

Anyway, great tables...nice to see some originals!
    From the right outlane im about 80%, nudge the right joystick in the direction of 10 o'clock. From the left outlane im about 60% successful, nudge the right joystick in the direction of 2 o'clock. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by s-carnegie View Post
    From the right outlane im about 80%, nudge the right joystick in the direction of 10 o'clock. From the left outlane im about 60% successful, nudge the right joystick in the direction of 2 o'clock. Hope this helps.
    Yep, good advice. Although the kickbacks are a pain to activate on this table I find I can save nearly every ball down the right outlane and about half down the left. I personally use the Motion sensors on the PS3 controller rather than the stick but it has the same effect.

Also, I only use the left mini-flipper to save left-outlane drains, I never shoot across the table with it as it's too risky.

So I've found the only safe way to score big on this table is to play ultra-cautious. It's a shame as that means I wait out half of the missions once they start as they are just too risky compared to the reward. Spam the Rampage MB and any others you can start, I tend not to go for the 3X Duels won and 10X combo Extra Balls as I usually lose a ball just going for them! If you have a good first ball then getting the max multiplier Extra Ball isn't too tough, it also means you can get a decent End of ball bonus. Those 2 tricky-to-hit targets often get hit by accident during a Multiball. Not sure I'll ever break a billion on this table, that would have to be a very long and VERY cautious game. Might not be much fun

The Wizard mode is actually quite easy to get to and beat, the animation for beating it is cool and better than the mode itself! Even the MB after it doesn't seem to offer higher rewards than all the other MBs.

I like the table still as it is quite different to any other, just a shame that you have to forego some of the more interesting modes and missions due to the risk being much greater than the reward. I think a really short ball-save (like on Fear Itself when you hit the pop up target) could have worked on some missions as being punished for a direct hit isn't fair.

Oh, and another thing... Where is the fanfare for getting an Extra Ball? At the risk of repeating myself, we need some bells and whistles to announce such events. I reached the Wizard mode and didn't even realise it, such was the lack of build up.
    Last edited by skyway73; 03-05-2015 at 05:02 PM.

Yep, good advice. Although the kickbacks are a pain to activate on this table I find I can save nearly every ball down the right outlane and about half down the left. I personally use the Motion sensors on the PS3 controller rather than the stick but it has the same effect.

Also, I only use the left mini-flipper to save left-outlane drains, I never shoot across the table with it as it's too risky.
    Thanks guys...hopefully I can get the muscle memory to adjust sooner than later.

Don't be afraid of using the mini-flipper to shoot the jail. If the shot goes bad and the ball would drain in the right outlane a short ballsave will activate and you'll get the ball back. This only occurs if you shoot with the mini-flipper and the ball would drain in the right outlane.

Quote Originally Posted by ndever View Post
    Don't be afraid of using the mini-flipper to shoot the jail. If the shot goes bad and the ball would drain in the right outlane a short ballsave will activate and you'll get the ball back. This only occurs if you shoot with the mini-flipper and the ball would drain in the right outlane.
    That's cool! I never noticed that, I'll check it out

Default Slingshot tweak

Hey everyone,

due to the feedback on those slingshots on Wild West Rampage I decided to tweak them a bit. They will remain active but hopefully the ball won't go to the outlanes that often. Although I still recommend to experiment with the nudge as it will totally change the gameplay and probably bring your average play time and scores to the next level.

The patch will possibly come with the next set of tables. Thanks for the feedback again and keep playing, having fun!

I usually just lurk and rarely post, but I wanted to say how much I'm enjoying the Wild West table and like the fact there is a female lead. Heck, I pretty much like all the tables Zen has offered, and look forward to more and more greatness.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpy Santo View Post
    I usually just lurk and rarely post, but I wanted to say how much I'm enjoying the Wild West table and like the fact there is a female lead. Heck, I pretty much like all the tables Zen has offered, and look forward to more and more greatness.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ndever View Post
    Hey everyone,

due to the feedback on those slingshots on Wild West Rampage I decided to tweak them a bit. They will remain active but hopefully the ball won't go to the outlanes that often. Although I still recommend to experiment with the nudge as it will totally change the gameplay and probably bring your average play time and scores to the next level.

The patch will possibly come with the next set of tables. Thanks for the feedback again and keep playing, having fun!
    Personally I'm happy with them, although I would say that having got the highest score on PS4

Look forward to trying them out anyway but I would rather other issues were addressed with the table instead which I've mentioned previously.