Thread: Iron & Steel Table Pack

Default Iron & Steel Table Pack

We have a set of two tables coming later this month!

Get ready for Wild West Rampage and a table based on CastleStorm! Check out the blog post below for all the release dates and details! Trailer coming soon!

http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=5076

Looking forward to Wild West Rampage. Good choice for a theme.

We have a trailer for Iron & Steel on the Zen Studios blog!

The pack is now live on Steam! Enjoy!

ya had me at Wild West!
    Love me a good western themed table

Wild West Rampage is awesome so far, except for one thing: I can hit the skill shot by just nudging foreward. Where is the skill in that!?

Quote Originally Posted by Daenemarc View Post
    Wild West Rampage is awesome so far, except for one thing: I can hit the skill shot by just nudging foreward. Where is the skill in that!?
    Go for the super skill shot then (2 mil)

Or the hidden skill shot (1.5 mil)

Az új IRON & STEEL pack főképp a Wild West Rampage a legjobb flipperszimulátor amit valaha PC-re írtak.
    A design zseniális...Én vpforums on visual pinballhoz csinálgattam grafikai updateket de a ti munkátok az abszolút top..
    Az első steam sale alkalmával megveszem az összes táblát.
    Remélem sok sok táblát terveztek még. Egyébként controllert mit ajánlotok billentyűzeten kívül a Pinball FX2 höz?

Köszi
    Jocó

"Joco77
    Az új IRON & STEEL pack főképp a Wild West Rampage a legjobb flipperszimulátor amit valaha PC-re írtak.
    A design zseniális...Én vpforums on visual pinballhoz csinálgattam grafikai updateket de a ti munkátok az abszolút top..
    Az első steam sale alkalmával megveszem az összes táblát.
    Remélem sok sok táblát terveztek még. Egyébként controllert mit ajánlotok billentyűzeten kívül a Pinball FX2 höz?

Köszi
    Jocó"

Köszönjük szépen az elismerést, igyekszünk.
    Xbox 360 controller tökéletes a Pinball FX2-höz.

Dit is jammer dat google translate nog nie goed genoeg is sodat almal net in hulle eie taal kan skryf nie. Ek kon wel die punt verstaan wat hy probeer maak het en ek stem heeltemal saam! Dit is regtig 'n lekker tafel en ek hou daarvan dat jy moet hard werk vir jou punte. Welgedaan en hou so voort!
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Dit is jammer dat google translate nog nie goed genoeg is sodat almal net in hulle eie taal kan skryf nie. Ek kon wel die punt verstaan wat hy probeer maak het en ek stem heeltemal saam! Dit is regtig 'n lekker tafel en ek hou daarvan dat jy moet hard werk vir jou punte. Welgedaan en hou so voort!
    Haai praat iemand Afrikaans hier! Wel ek praat eintlik Engels as my eerste taal maar soos meeste Suid Afrikaaners kan ek ook goed Afrikaans praat. Ek hou baie van al twee tafels in die yster en staal pak

Hi !

Wild West Rampage : what a beautifull unplayable table ! I dont know what's change but it's not me. Your new physic + your slingshots + impossible controls + outlanes party + absurd difficulty to get a simple kickback... I mean... What the **** ?? Many great things and ideas to do, but it's just impossible to play. Look the cake but dont tuch. If ball lost meet themselves tonight, they probably can make the biggest rave party of the word. Please again, test your gameplay, test the fun ! A game must stay a game.

Some tables with a physic, some with another, some with another again. The gameroom becomes totaly incoherent... Is it an experiment or something like this ? What's the line of the gameroom ?
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 02-27-2015 at 10:48 PM.
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

Quote Originally Posted by wims View Post
    Hi !

Wild West Rampage : what a beautifull unplayable table ! I dont know what's change but it's not me. Your new physic + your slingshots + impossible controls + outlanes party + absurd difficulty to get a simple kickback... I mean... What the **** ?? Many great things and ideas to do, but it's just impossible to play. Look the cake but dont tuch. If ball lost meet themselves tonight, they probably can make the biggest rave party of the word. Please again, test your gameplay, test the fun ! A game must stay a game.

Some tables with a physic, some with another, some with another again. The gameroom becomes totaly incoherent... Is it an experiment or something like this ? What's the line of the gameroom ?

As i heard hello kitty online is easier game. Maybe you should try it.

Default Available Views?

Question for Anyone who has purchased these tables:

How many views are available in portrait mode? Specifically, for Boba Fett, Zen added an 8th view called "spec". Is this view available for the new tables? I ask because, for the tables I own, only Boba Fett seems to have this view. That is the only view I find enjoyable to play in portrait.

Thanks.

nope
    maybe someday tho they're both really good tables..I really like WildWest..tho I find it really hard its got TPA outlanes and i've not mastered the bumpback trick to get your ball back

Quote Originally Posted by Joco77 View Post
    As i heard hello kitty online is easier game. Maybe you should try it.
    Why not if it should be fun.

I mean I discover FX2 with the first Marvel pack, it was great (and long) to learn all technics. But I felt something and was immediatly addict. With WWR I feel nothing because nothing is constructive, if I'd discover the gameroom with this table, I would pass.

Last game 128billions, with just one ball (90 billions), and the rest is garbage. I don't call that "fun". Zen would change the physic and more difficulty for some simple things like kickbacks, they did. It's unplayable and I'm not sure the will found new players with that line.

Default Slingshot tweak

Hey everyone,

due to the feedback on those slingshots on Wild West Rampage I decided to tweak them a bit. They will remain active but hopefully the ball won't go to the outlanes that often. Although I still recommend to experiment with the nudge as it will totally change the gameplay and probably bring your average play time and scores to the next level.

The patch will possibly come with the next set of tables. Thanks for the feedback again and keep playing, having fun!

Well that's disappointing. Maybe I should have spoken up earlier and said that I liked the more active slingshots as well. They are doing what they are supposed to be doing, punishing you for bad shots. I suppose the one thing that can be improved on in the design of Zen tables is that when you have more realistic slingshots is that you don't get punished for making accurate shots (unless you are creating a dangerous shot for a increased risk/reward benefit). Sometimes making a successful shot or a kickout will send the ball into the slingshots and that doesn't feel great. But overall, I do enjoy the more active slingshots. Just remember you shouldn't punish a player for making good shots, only the bad ones.

Quote Originally Posted by surf1der View Post
    Well that's disappointing. Maybe I should have spoken up earlier and said that I liked the more active slingshots as well. They are doing what they are supposed to be doing, punishing you for bad shots. I suppose the one thing that can be improved on in the design of Zen tables is that when you have more realistic slingshots is that you don't get punished for making accurate shots (unless you are creating a dangerous shot for a increased risk/reward benefit). Sometimes making a successful shot or a kickout will send the ball into the slingshots and that doesn't feel great. But overall, I do enjoy the more active slingshots. Just remember you shouldn't punish a player for making good shots, only the bad ones.
    Don't worry, they will remain active. And you got a point there, slingshots should be punishing your bad shots although they should be a bit more random. I've played with the new slingshots and they're better, trust me

I feel the same as wims. (Who deserves a little more respect than he’s given in this thread imo. He’s been one of the greatest and most dedicated players in the game with countless number one scores.)

I've really tried to like the new physics and more active slingshots on the new tables but they just don’t feel natural to me in FX2. It’s not that I’m absolutely horrible at nudging. I’m number one on South Park on Steam so I can handle the bounciness quite well, it’s just not the direction I was hoping FX2 was going into. I also really dislike the new ways of activating kick backs.

I respect you guys for moving into new waters though and I understand it’s a design decision. I know The Pinball Arcade is very popular because of the constant nudging and the ruthlessness of outlane draining so there’s something to be said for that direction.

I’ll keep demoing new tables of course(and probably keep buying, they’re not that expensive) in the hope that maybe one will come by again that I do like. The artwork, sound fx, etc. of all the new tables are still incredible.

But for now, I just want to say thanks for 2500+ hours of enormous fun!

I’ll keep playing the old tables though. I still love those dearly. So I really hope you guys manage to fix the table breaking bug on Epic Quest in the new patch because I’ll just keep on nagging about it forever if you don’t. It’s one of my absolute favs

Wild west is a great themed table.

Quote Originally Posted by ndever View Post
    Hey everyone,

due to the feedback on those slingshots on Wild West Rampage I decided to tweak them a bit. They will remain active but hopefully the ball won't go to the outlanes that often. Although I still recommend to experiment with the nudge as it will totally change the gameplay and probably bring your average play time and scores to the next level.

The patch will possibly come with the next set of tables. Thanks for the feedback again and keep playing, having fun!
    Hey !! I just saw your message. Wouh wouh wouh !! Thank you !! I must quote Martin Luther King who said "I had a dream one day, I had a dream that the developers were listening players". And you did it ! I go back on WWR to see that !

I came to read again my first message, sorry for the tone (that's all me, I write as I speak and english isn't my mother tongue). I've still a huge respect for all ZEN gameroom, it's the best game I ever played.

Well I've tested some games during 40min and haven't seen any change about the playability on WWR. May be the patch is not still activated and it will be with the next no-Star wars & no-Marvel table ?

I dont know if the problem is only the strenght of the slingshots (may be just a part), for me it's due to a combo with new physic that drains all balls in the outlanes, and the too-hard difficulty for basic objective like kickback activated. Otherwise mission challenges and all objectives are simple to understand, but just hard to play because of the physic.