Thread: Iron & Steel Table Pack

Default Iron & Steel Table Pack

Two new tables are coming later this month!

Get ready for Wild West Rampage and a table based on CastleStorm! Check out the blog post below for all the release dates and details! Trailer coming soon!

http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=5076

We have a trailer for Iron & Steel on the Zen Studios blog!

Default Potentially one of the top tables ever with a fatal flaw which saps the fun.

I really loved playing Wild West Rampage and for a while thought it was one of the best table designs ever.
    But it has one major problem and that is the right outlane, the Y in CINDY. Its just one hopeless pit of desperation
    about which you can do nothing. Pretty much everytime I lose a ball for good its all or in part because of the right outlane. Unlike other games that I enjoy, there is at least hope for a kickback. I have tried for hours on hours. I can't get much of anything good going on this table due to the design of this instant death lane. And there is lots of fun stuff to do. One of the things I like about the table is how clear the goals are. I just can't keep the ball alive long enough to accomplish more than one or two of them. I suppose I could live with the game
    as it is if I could turn it into a 5 ball game. But on the Amazon Fire TV there doesn't seem to be an service mode option to mod the games like I had on my Android tablet. I don't care about competing, I just want to have a chance to see the table do all the fun things you designed for us to see. I have come close but after many hours of play I have never activated MINE, TRAIN and maybe even BRIDGE. I'd sure like to see what the crane with the rock weights does.

A lesser issue is I find shooting for the Saloon ramp an exercise in frustration. It too often bounces back or maybe makes it though the doors and just rolls back. Combine with my not knowing why when you get a few Saloons going it switches to Rampage. 10 clean shots up the center ramp is not as easy a task as it looks in a three ball game. And thats just to activate the mode. By far the majority of my score comes from the opening skill shot. Hit three and I got my score up to 7 million. Pretty sad though everything else I did in the game racks up only one or two million. Seems wrong the majority of a players score would come consistently come from the three first shots you make on each ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Cow View Post
    I really loved playing Wild West Rampage and for a while thought it was one of the best table designs ever.
    But it has one major problem and that is the right outlane, the Y in CINDY. Its just one hopeless pit of desperation
    about which you can do nothing. Pretty much everytime I lose a ball for good its all or in part because of the right outlane. Unlike other games that I enjoy, there is at least hope for a kickback. I have tried for hours on hours. I can't get much of anything good going on this table due to the design of this instant death lane. And there is lots of fun stuff to do. One of the things I like about the table is how clear the goals are. I just can't keep the ball alive long enough to accomplish more than one or two of them. I suppose I could live with the game
    as it is if I could turn it into a 5 ball game. But on the Amazon Fire TV there doesn't seem to be an service mode option to mod the games like I had on my Android tablet. I don't care about competing, I just want to have a chance to see the table do all the fun things you designed for us to see. I have come close but after many hours of play I have never activated MINE, TRAIN and maybe even BRIDGE. I'd sure like to see what the crane with the rock weights does.

A lesser issue is I find shooting for the Saloon ramp an exercise in frustration. It too often bounces back or maybe makes it though the doors and just rolls back. Combine with my not knowing why when you get a few Saloons going it switches to Rampage. 10 clean shots up the center ramp is not as easy a task as it looks in a three ball game. And thats just to activate the mode. By far the majority of my score comes from the opening skill shot. Hit three and I got my score up to 7 million. Pretty sad though everything else I did in the game racks up only one or two million. Seems wrong the majority of a players score would come consistently come from the three first shots you make on each ball.
    Do you know how to nudge in Zen Pinball 2? This can save your ball a ton on this table because of how bouncy the Inlane and outlane posts are.

Shots to the hole near the center ramp alternate it between collecting Saloon or Rampage letters. Saloon is a mode you can essentially timeout - it lights several drop targets for you to shoot at - but Rampage is a round where you can shoot at a six-shooter and lock balls for a multiball you can start at any time. The ramp also feeds to the upper right flipper if Saloon is lit. Hope this helps.
    Completed Tables:
    Spider-Man, Ms. Splosion Man, Captain America, Ghost Rider, Moon Knight, Sorcerer's Lair, Plants vs. Zombies, The Avengers, World War Hulk, Civil War, Return of the Jedi, Starfighter Assault, Super League Football

Xbox 360 ID: NoahChron
    PlayStation 4 ID: richc111
    PS4 Twitch Livestreams: http://www.twitch.tv/captainbzarre