Lovin' Zen's Pinballtables (incl. questions & suggestions+request for a Minion table)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PinCarl
    • Mar 2015

Lovin' Zen's Pinballtables (incl. questions & suggestions+request for a Minion table)

Really, kills my tablets battery nearly every evening after work. Especially the new Iron & Steel Pack, but on the Wild West table; I'd love to play this for longer than 5min.), nearly every ball finds to fast his way to the right outer lane. Is that a feature to make the table harder than others? Tilt-condition for gameplay? Bug?

Same on the Tesla table, the target-hole in the upper middle, every second ball comming out there back on the playfield flies directly out through the flipper bats (like the 5Milionball on Ghostrider).

No words atop Shamam table, I think its the hardest one in the whole ZEN-collection.

So are these tables designed to be so hard to play? Only for experts - nothing for causal gamers?

Whatever, all the Starwars/Marvel tables and the other ones offers enough fun to play on them.

So, thank you ZEN making and tending this collection and maybe for the future I'd love to see a yellow Minion (Despicable me) themed table with - of course - masses of Minions on it and yellow multiball<-10$ for that!
  • deep
    Table Designer
    • May 2011

Originally posted by PinCarl
    Really, kills my tablets battery nearly every evening after work. Especially the new Iron & Steel Pack, but on the Wild West table; I'd love to play this for longer than 5min.), nearly every ball finds to fast his way to the right outer lane. Is that a feature to make the table harder than others? Tilt-condition for gameplay? Bug?

Same on the Tesla table, the target-hole in the upper middle, every second ball comming out there back on the playfield flies directly out through the flipper bats (like the 5Milionball on Ghostrider).

No words atop Shamam table, I think its the hardest one in the whole ZEN-collection.

So are these tables designed to be so hard to play? Only for experts - nothing for causal gamers?

Whatever, all the Starwars/Marvel tables and the other ones offers enough fun to play on them.

So, thank you ZEN making and tending this collection and maybe for the future I'd love to see a yellow Minion (Despicable me) themed table with - of course - masses of Minions on it and yellow multiball<-10$ for that!
    Great to hear you are having fun with our game You can make it easier to keep the ball in play with some settings in the operators menu. There are several difficulty settings, such as playfield pitch angle, and rubber ring positions at the outlanes. Try adjust them to easier settings. In addition, I recommend you to use the nudge feature, when the ball is bouncing around an outlane. Most of the cases this will prevent the ball from draining I hope these would help you!
    Last edited by deep; 03-04-2015, 03:54 PM.

Comment

• DA5ID
      • Dec 2014

Agree with the table designer (pretty cool they are on here answering questions BTW). I would recommend going to the OP menu and increase the number of balls to 10 and practice nudging. In addition to nudging (which is a critical part of the game play) you will have more chances to practice the modes and progress through the game - you will also learn where and where not to shoot the ball to minimize losing a ball.

As far as difficulty pinball is supposed to be hard. Go play a real one and time yourself and see how long those games last. The difficulty is what actually makes pinball fun. - the challenge of progressing on some thing that is hard to do and occasionally having that elusive amazing game. If it was too easy it would be super boring. I quit playing those pinball hd games because it was almost impossible to drain a ball. When you get good enough you will start having longer games -even "marathon" games which I consider longer than 45 minutes - but some of these guys can play for 8+ hours. Then you will wish these pins were a lot harder.

Comment

• PinCarl
        • Mar 2015

Thank you for your fast reply, well appreciated!

Originally posted by deep
        [...]You can make it easier to keep the ball in play with some settings in the operators menu. There are several difficulty settings, such as playfield pitch angle, and rubber ring positions at the outlanes.[...]
        Maybe I'm blind? I'm on an Android tablet and under the gearwheel icon (is this the mentioned operators menu?) I only can make slightly changes about Audio, Video, Arcarde FX, 'Controls' like tilt sensitive and communication. Another "hidden" menu I didn't found yet? Or, under Android, the menu is a light version of the game engine as under, f.e. XBOX, PC, PS?

Originally posted by deep
        [...]In addition, I recommend you to use the nudge feature, when the ball is bouncing around an outlane. Most of the cases this will prevent the ball from draining I hope these would help you!
        I'm on training doing that and it reduces the playing fun only slightly - so overall everything is ok. Buts its harder by touchcontrol, would be easier with hardwarebuttons (damn touch)

Originally posted by DA5ID
        Agree with the table designer (pretty cool they are on here answering questions BTW). I would recommend going to the OP menu and increase the number of balls to 10 and practice nudging. In addition to nudging (which is a critical part of the game play) you will have more chances to practice the modes and progress through the game - you will also learn where and where not to shoot the ball to minimize losing a ball.
        Same here - unable to find the menu (btw. thanks for joning and helping out)

Originally posted by DA5ID
        As far as difficulty pinball is supposed to be hard. Go play a real one and time yourself and see how long those games last. The difficulty is what actually makes pinball fun. - the challenge of progressing on some thing that is hard to do and occasionally having that elusive amazing game. If it was too easy it would be super boring. I quit playing those pinball hd games because it was almost impossible to drain a ball. When you get good enough you will start having longer games -even "marathon" games which I consider longer than 45 minutes - but some of these guys can play for 8+ hours. Then you will wish these pins were a lot harder.
        Got a Bally Black Rose next to my TV and beyond that real mashine I'm playing digital pinballs for over 20years, so belief me, I'm in position to compare proper. Don't get me wrong - I don't want a supereasy table, but the mentioned ones of the ZEN collection are, imho, marginal to hard in this specific behaviour (in particular not having the options mentioned by "deep")

Nonetheless, my post(s) are mentioned to say THANK YOU ZEN, giving a littlebit feedback as the app asks for and finaly the suggestion for a Minion themed table.

Keep going the great work - I think I'm in future on PS4 with all the options!

Comment

• flashingblade
          • Apr 2013

Carl the operators menu comes up when you pause a game (bottom option) There is also game stats and a table guide on the pause menu.

Android player here too-feel free to add me on google+ if you want (Martin Rusby)

Comment

• PinCarl
            • Mar 2015

Originally posted by flashingblade
            Carl the operators menu comes up when you pause a game (bottom option) There is also game stats and a table guide on the pause menu.[...]
            Seems I'm blind (where's my blind cane) and, maybe, to old. Wondering myself, of course I've seen and used the 'stats' and 'guide' options in game pause, but never pressed the 'OP menu' Thank you very much for this advice - an invaluable advice! Excellent.

@ZEN: Immediately found a small translation mixed-up in the OP menu (warning message) of Wild West Rampage - just for your reference

Comment

• PinCarl
              • Mar 2015

Yeaha....

@ZEN: I saw and instantly bought the Spiderman table for Android today - a BIG THX (Plants vs. Zombis still missin' )!! Also, I saw updates for Wild West Rampage and Castle Storm tables. My question about that: Where can I find the change log for the tables? What is different?

Comment

• ndever
                Video Producer
                • Oct 2014

Changes on Wild West Rampage

Originally posted by PinCarl
                @ZEN: I saw and instantly bought the Spiderman table for Android today - a BIG THX (Plants vs. Zombis still missin' )!! Also, I saw updates for Wild West Rampage and Castle Storm tables. My question about that: Where can I find the change log for the tables? What is different?
                Hi,

thank you for your feedback and I'm glad you're enjoying our tables! I made some slight changes on WWR they should be in the recent update:

- Taunt mission: voice overs not playing after restarting mission fixed
                - Evil slingshots: others reported they tend to send out the ball to the right outlane so I tweaked them a bit. Hope this helps increase your play time but not too much so there's still challenge and fun

Comment

Working...