Thread: Help me to like the Shaman table!

Talking Help me to like the Shaman table!

Anyone got any tips for shooting the left sinkhole besides "smash the ball around on angles and hope for the best"? A few times, I've spent half an hour or more trying to get the ball in this fucking hole.

What's up with the Tornado disaster? Half the time my ramp shots don't change the spin direction of the supposed-corresponding spiral. I've spent AGES on this mission as well with the spirals changing with some ramp shots and not others (surely I'm missing something). Sometimes a sinkhole or orbit will seem to change one of them, fair enough according to what comes up on the dot matrix as the disaster starts. But sometimes I'll shoot ramps with no effect at all.

Ball drains I can deal with. It's hard to argue with physics, after all. But these two issues have started to put a dampener on what seems like a cool table.

Another question, are the disasters still supposed to be selectable after completing them all? The lights on the table are lit when the disaster has been completed, yeah?

I thought I completed them all, but couldn't seem to select the Wizard Mode with the far-right target afterwards. Plus, I didn't earn the award given for beating them all.

This post cracked me up!

It will be interesting to see if anyone has the answer to the left sink hole question. Myself, I have only hit that one on luck. And I have asked the same question. I recall trying a direct hit many times but never being able to complete that shot.
    Last edited by steven120566; 03-25-2015 at 03:18 PM.

I don't even bother with the missions lol. I always shoot for the highest scores the easiest way I can. For me it's to spam the volcano ramp till it hits 25 million and continue this over and over again. Some tables I do all the missions but this one never interested me to do so as they seemed next to impossible.
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Quote Originally Posted by steven120566 View Post
    This post cracked me up!

It will be interesting to see if anyone has the answer to the left sink hole question. Myself, I have only hit that one on luck. And I have asked the same question. I recall trying a direct hit many times but never being able to complete that shot.
    Yeah, same here. I've hit it off the tip of the right-hand flipper, but it's very rare and only if the ball is bobbing around, certainly not from being trapped. As the ball came OUT of the sinkhole I popped it back in by spamming the left mini-flipper ONCE. Didn't feel like it was the result of skill, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    I don't even bother with the missions lol. I always shoot for the highest scores the easiest way I can. For me it's to spam the volcano ramp till it hits 25 million and continue this over and over again. Some tables I do all the missions but this one never interested me to do so as they seemed next to impossible.
    I'm the same, man. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how you get the score.

Thanks for the tip, Tech. If I revisit this table I might try your strategy. I managed to get a top-ten score though (most [~300M] of which came from a marathon multiball effort), so I'm moving on to V12 for now (I bought the classics pack after our last conversation). Top ten is my general goal for each table. V12 is the only table left now before I buy more!

And yeah, my interest in completing all of the disasters waned after I experienced the above issues. Tornado was particularly frustrating.
    Last edited by gaz5021; 03-26-2015 at 02:52 AM.

Good luck with V12 as it just might be the hardest table to figure out and keep the ball live. It's fun though once you figure it out but one of the missions is also crazy hard.

Yeah, it feels really vulnerable. Especially after a couple of quick kickbacks.

Got a top ten so went and downloaded the Paranormal demo. I think you said you got a 13 billion on that. Well, the demo lasted me a good 12-13 seconds before I passed the allowable score. Haha. Hopefully I can put something decent up and break the ceiling on that too.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz5021 View Post

Got a top ten so went and downloaded the Paranormal demo. I think you said you got a 13 billion on that. Well, the demo lasted me a good 12-13 seconds before I passed the allowable score. Haha. Hopefully I can put something decent up and break the ceiling on that too.
    CHOOSE A PHENOMENON!

I can't clear the haunted house on this thing, but always end up getting abducted by the UFO. It's still a million points so I'll take it. LOL

Yeah this is obviously an x-files take off, but remindes me more of an old old show that was on when I was a kid... Kolchsak: the night stalker or something like that. Old Black&White show that I know Chris Carter based the X-files on it....
    Last edited by steven120566; 03-27-2015 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gaz5021 View Post

Good memory. I can't remember what the multiball is called maybe levitation. You can continue to increase the jackpot and I kept spamming that over and over. It's also a good way to get extra balls.