Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gaz5021
    • Feb 2013

Ball stuck on Paranormal

Somehow, the ball got stuck in the film reel.

Wii U version.

Any chance of a new option to relaunch / forfeit (to prevent exploits) the current ball? Or some other idea?

Last edited by gaz5021; 03-27-2015, 03:10 PM.
  • Tech101
    • Jan 2012

If it doesn't reset after say 5 seconds then you have to start over. In these situations I don't even thing it allows you to tilt to get to another ball because it still needs to drain. I highly doubt Zen will ever fix these types of issues as they seem to be totally random.
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

Comment

• gaz5021
      • Feb 2013

I don't want to restart this one. I'll keep an eye on the boards to see if there's any kind of fix.

Comment

• Tech101
        • Jan 2012

There won't be as there is none. You're going to have to restart sadly. Even if they ever patch it It will clear out any saved games when you dl it. That's been said in the past.

Comment

• gaz5021
          • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Tech101
          There won't be as there is none. You're going to have to restart sadly. Even if they ever patch it It will clear out any saved games when you dl it. That's been said in the past.
          Haha, no I don't have to. I don't really see the point in restarting when it's almost inevitable that it will happen again, considering how long I've been keeping the ball alive on this and many other tables. It's not a matter of losing that particular score, it's a matter of never being able to put a score up. There's nothing to be gained from continually restarting and putting more and more hours into the game for no result other than frustration.

If some kind of option gets patched in to alleviate this issue, I'll get back into it and buy every table. Sadly I doubt this will happen so I think I'm done with ZP2.

Comment

• Tech101
            • Jan 2012

That's too bad to hear. Sorry your running into so many problems as well. I've put in about 400 hours and maybe have lost about 5 to 10 hours on such problems. That's minor compared to the play time I got.

I also just watched your video for the first time, ouch on losing that score and on the first ball too. I can't blame you for being upset. That must of taken some time to get there.
            Last edited by Tech101; 03-31-2015, 03:53 AM.

Comment

• gaz5021
              • Feb 2013

Originally posted by Tech101
              That's too bad to hear. Sorry your running into so many problems as well. I've put in about 400 hours and maybe have lost about 5 to 10 hours on such problems. That's minor compared to the play time I got.

I also just watched your video for the first time, ouch on losing that score and on the first ball too. I can't blame you for being upset. That must of taken some time to get there.
              Yeah, it sucks because I absolutely love the game. It was annoying the first couple of times on 2-3 billion (one of which was the original video) but check the last image I posted - it was the third time in a row and was so deflating after another 5+ hour effort. I was really keen to put something up to respect your 13B and I was just about there.

I could just start again but what's my goal? Put up a 2148M and let the balls drain? Haha. Then start again and maybe push my luck for 5B? Pinball gets exciting when you're on a roll but I enjoy it a lot less with the growing dread of an instant loss of all progress.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2012

Originally posted by gaz5021
                Yeah, it sucks because I absolutely love the game. It was annoying the first couple of times on 2-3 billion (one of which was the original video) but check the last image I posted - it was the third time in a row and was so deflating after another 5+ hour effort. I was really keen to put something up to respect your 13B and I was just about there.

I could just start again but what's my goal? Put up a 2148M and let the balls drain? Haha. Then start again and maybe push my luck for 5B? Pinball gets exciting when you're on a roll but I enjoy it a lot less with the growing dread of an instant loss of all progress.
                Dang - so sorry! I will definitely forward this to the team.

Comment

• gaz5021
                  • Feb 2013

Originally posted by BarbieBobomb
                  Dang - so sorry! I will definitely forward this to the team.
                  Thanks, sorry it was more of a rant than a bug report. Haha.

No need to say sorry, it's good to at least be able to bring it to your attention. I know I'm probably in the small minority with these things but you can understand the frustration. Like I said, I love (and appreciate) the game as well as the effort and creativity that goes into it. Like Tech, I've had hundreds of hours of enjoyment playing it. I just felt like I got kicked in the nuts the last three games in a row so I'm reluctant to go again.

Comment

• BarbieBobomb
                    Pinball Wizard
                    • Feb 2012

Originally posted by gaz5021
                    Thanks, sorry it was more of a rant than a bug report. Haha.

No need to say sorry, it's good to at least be able to bring it to your attention. I know I'm probably in the small minority with these things but you can understand the frustration. Like I said, I love (and appreciate) the game as well as the effort and creativity that goes into it. Like Tech, I've had hundreds of hours of enjoyment playing it. I just felt like I got kicked in the nuts the last three games in a row so I'm reluctant to go again.
                    Totally understandable! And thanks for the report as well

Comment

Working...