Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Ball stuck on Paranormal

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    112

    Default Ball stuck on Paranormal

    Somehow, the ball got stuck in the film reel.

    Wii U version.

    Any chance of a new option to relaunch / forfeit (to prevent exploits) the current ball? Or some other idea?

    http://youtu.be/JChTpQeRz0A
    Last edited by gaz5021; 03-27-2015 at 03:10 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member Tech101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    919

    Default

    If it doesn't reset after say 5 seconds then you have to start over. In these situations I don't even thing it allows you to tilt to get to another ball because it still needs to drain. I highly doubt Zen will ever fix these types of issues as they seem to be totally random.
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    112

    Default

    http://i.imgur.com/CgbWRX6.jpg

    I don't want to restart this one. I'll keep an eye on the boards to see if there's any kind of fix.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Tech101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    919

    Default

    There won't be as there is none. You're going to have to restart sadly. Even if they ever patch it It will clear out any saved games when you dl it. That's been said in the past.
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    There won't be as there is none. You're going to have to restart sadly. Even if they ever patch it It will clear out any saved games when you dl it. That's been said in the past.
    Haha, no I don't have to. I don't really see the point in restarting when it's almost inevitable that it will happen again, considering how long I've been keeping the ball alive on this and many other tables. It's not a matter of losing that particular score, it's a matter of never being able to put a score up. There's nothing to be gained from continually restarting and putting more and more hours into the game for no result other than frustration.

    If some kind of option gets patched in to alleviate this issue, I'll get back into it and buy every table. Sadly I doubt this will happen so I think I'm done with ZP2.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Tech101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    919

    Default

    That's too bad to hear. Sorry your running into so many problems as well. I've put in about 400 hours and maybe have lost about 5 to 10 hours on such problems. That's minor compared to the play time I got.

    I also just watched your video for the first time, ouch on losing that score and on the first ball too. I can't blame you for being upset. That must of taken some time to get there.
    Last edited by Tech101; 03-31-2015 at 03:53 AM.
    Proud member of the Hyna Gang! Keeping pinball alive on the Wii U!

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tech101 View Post
    That's too bad to hear. Sorry your running into so many problems as well. I've put in about 400 hours and maybe have lost about 5 to 10 hours on such problems. That's minor compared to the play time I got.

    I also just watched your video for the first time, ouch on losing that score and on the first ball too. I can't blame you for being upset. That must of taken some time to get there.
    Yeah, it sucks because I absolutely love the game. It was annoying the first couple of times on 2-3 billion (one of which was the original video) but check the last image I posted - it was the third time in a row and was so deflating after another 5+ hour effort. I was really keen to put something up to respect your 13B and I was just about there.

    I could just start again but what's my goal? Put up a 2148M and let the balls drain? Haha. Then start again and maybe push my luck for 5B? Pinball gets exciting when you're on a roll but I enjoy it a lot less with the growing dread of an instant loss of all progress.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaz5021 View Post
    Yeah, it sucks because I absolutely love the game. It was annoying the first couple of times on 2-3 billion (one of which was the original video) but check the last image I posted - it was the third time in a row and was so deflating after another 5+ hour effort. I was really keen to put something up to respect your 13B and I was just about there.

    I could just start again but what's my goal? Put up a 2148M and let the balls drain? Haha. Then start again and maybe push my luck for 5B? Pinball gets exciting when you're on a roll but I enjoy it a lot less with the growing dread of an instant loss of all progress.
    Dang - so sorry! I will definitely forward this to the team.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Dang - so sorry! I will definitely forward this to the team.
    Thanks, sorry it was more of a rant than a bug report. Haha.

    No need to say sorry, it's good to at least be able to bring it to your attention. I know I'm probably in the small minority with these things but you can understand the frustration. Like I said, I love (and appreciate) the game as well as the effort and creativity that goes into it. Like Tech, I've had hundreds of hours of enjoyment playing it. I just felt like I got kicked in the nuts the last three games in a row so I'm reluctant to go again.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gaz5021 View Post
    Thanks, sorry it was more of a rant than a bug report. Haha.

    No need to say sorry, it's good to at least be able to bring it to your attention. I know I'm probably in the small minority with these things but you can understand the frustration. Like I said, I love (and appreciate) the game as well as the effort and creativity that goes into it. Like Tech, I've had hundreds of hours of enjoyment playing it. I just felt like I got kicked in the nuts the last three games in a row so I'm reluctant to go again.
    Totally understandable! And thanks for the report as well

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •