Thread: Star Wars Rebels!

Default Star Wars Rebels!

Return to a Galaxy Far, Far Away with Star Wars Pinball: Star Wars Rebels! Check out the Zen Studios blog for more info!

Here is a post from Game Informer's Test Chamber if anyone would like to see some gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Here is a post from Game Informer's Test Chamber if anyone would like to see some gameplay!
    Ooo, I like the look of this one! I'm guessing it might even be created by my favourite table designer... I like the centre shot and taking about the Stormtrooper targets looks fun, the upper mini-playfield is cool too.

Am I right in thinking this won't be added to the standalone Star Wars collection and only to Zen Pinball 2? I'm talking about PS3 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    Ooo, I like the look of this one! I'm guessing it might even be created by my favourite table designer... I like the centre shot and taking about the Stormtrooper targets looks fun, the upper mini-playfield is cool too.

Am I right in thinking this won't be added to the standalone Star Wars collection and only to Zen Pinball 2? I'm talking about PS3 etc.
    It will be coming to the SWP standalone game as well as ZP2 - and this one was designed by Deep

Thanks. Looks fun. Always love Zen tables so any new table is a HUGE plus. Thought that Rebels would be part of the SW license. Haven't seen the show yet. Perhaps I will start watching.

cool , its for star wars pinball , i love you guys , but im not buying anymore zen pinball 2 tables thst don't have any trophies
    i don't have a pci use ps3 browser

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maink View Post
    cool , its for star wars pinball , i love you guys , but im not buying anymore zen pinball 2 tables thst don't have any trophies
    Oh dude don't let that put you off.

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

It will be coming to the SWP standalone game as well as ZP2
    Ahh nice! I thought Star Wars was done, really glad it's not as so many of my favourite tables are Star Wars themed.

...and this one was designed by Deep
    Thought so, at the risk of sounding like a deep fan-boy I'm even more excited for this now!

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Oh dude don't let that put you off.
    Yeah trophy limits are unfortunately out of the control of the devs and "atta boys" are certainly not a reason to not purchase and play a pinball game.

That said I like the idea of in-game "goals" to achieve even if they don't result in a trophy. It's fun to be challenged to do a 8-way combo, as it is something you would probably not even think to try and then it is fun to practice achieving that goal and results in you getting better at the table.

If we could rewind the clock and go back I like the idea that TPA has with a list of standard and wizard goals. And you would get a trophies for each list of goals completed. - TPA used up their trophies on wasted ones like "high 5" where all you has to do was make it on the local default leaderboard - which happened on your first game unless you completely suck...

i will be buying this one since its for star wars pinball ,i mostly only play for the trophies , once i have the trophies i don't replay the table , i only replay the table for the facebook tournament group

i will be buying this one since its for star wars pinball ,i mostly only play for the trophies , once i have the trophies i don't replay the table , i only replay the table for the facebook tournament group
    Trophy hunter huh? I like trophies because they can add challenge and sometime even extend the life and re playability of a game. Just super curious as to why you only play for trophies. I know some gamers like to put their trophy count in their tag lines. What's your reasoning. Again just asking.

i just feel like the trophy is the goal of the table , i will just wait for zen pinball 3 , i mean how many tables can they add without trophies , i have almost all the tables at first it pinball was awesome , but now its getting repetitive

i just feel like the trophy is the goal of the table , i will just wait for zen pinball 3 , i mean how many tables can they add without trophies , i have almost all the tables at first it pinball was awesome , but now its getting repetitive
    It's not that I’m picking on the trophy hunters, I like to win them too, but it seems like a waste to never play a table after winning the trophies. Some tables (Guardians, Wild West, both South Park and others) you can win the trophies in a matter of minutes without scratching the surface of what the table has to offer. At the same time always having a trophy for winning a wizard mode would be challenging, but might turn off lesser skilled players. I like having a mix of easy, moderate, and hard trophies. I’ve been caught in a battle for the last week and a half trying to beat The Clone Wars. Even when, or if, I beat it, I still need to do it for Star Wars Pinball. After completing a particularly hard trophy set for a table, I still enjoy playing for score or to beat the wizard mode again and again. It’s funny how it usually ends up easier the second time when the pressure is off.

So if high fiving Duck is the ultimate goal of a table, they might as well just award that trophy when a person purchases The Walking Dead. Yeah, the other trophy is more challenging, but I wouldn’t call it difficult. It’s your money so you can do what you please. Again I’m not against what you do; I just look at it like preparing a big meal, having one bite of everything, and then throwing the rest away.

hmm ok I accept your viewpoint. For me completing the game, beating that final boss, concluding the story, and watching the end credits scroll is the main goal of a video game and trophies are an add-on for getting more in depth into the game (and also probably bragging rights). The thing about pinball though, there is NO END to it. Even if you beat all the modes and complete the wizard mode it just resets and you start over from the beginnning. It ALWAYS ends the same way - you lose. The only residual evidence that you have even played a pinball game is your score.

I guess this is what happens when you bring a simulation of pinball into the video game realm and different strokes for different folks. But I agree with daverthehutt - I think you would enjoy the tables more by playing them for the gameplay and treat the trophies (or lack of) as a perk.

again thanks for your perspective!
    Last edited by DA5ID; 04-01-2015 at 06:30 PM.

Ok, this cross-over tie in is working. I didn't know Star Wars Rebels even existed and now I want to watch it - if nothing else just to understand what is going on when we get the pinball table. Did due diligence (googled) and found that the show is on Disney HD. Which I don't have. However, the complete series of Star Wars Clone Wars is available on Netflix.

Does anyone know if Rebels is going to be released on Netflix (and when) or if there are alternative options to watch the show before the table is released?

Table looks fun to play and will probably be more fun with some context - like learning who the characters are...

Quote Originally Posted by DA5ID View Post
    Ok, this cross-over tie in is working. I didn't know Star Wars Rebels even existed and now I want to watch it - if nothing else just to understand what is going on when we get the pinball table. Did due diligence (googled) and found that the show is on Disney HD. Which I don't have. However, the complete series of Star Wars Clone Wars is available on Netflix.

Does anyone know if Rebels is going to be released on Netflix (and when) or if there are alternative options to watch the show before the table is released?

Table looks fun to play and will probably be more fun with some context - like learning who the characters are...
    I'm not sure if it's coming to Netflix but just searching around I did see that it was on Amazon/iTunes/Google Play, though it does cost to watch each episode. Apparently for a short time the Star Wars official site had the first few episodes streaming for free, but that has ended. I'll keep an eye out for any free options for sure

That table layout reminds me an awful lot of Guardians of the Galaxy. The placement of the ramps and lanes is almost identical although there are minor differences to those. Will have to see how this plays compared to Guardians. To be perfectly honest I'm not too hyped for this table yet however you guys always surprise me .

This looks like another great table. I babysit a 10 year old boy who loves this show and I have been showing him how to play pinball. He also watches this show so this table should make him happy!
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

Trophy list is out:

Zen Pinball 2: 'Fire across the galaxy' - Duel with the Inquisitor on the Star Wars Pinball™: Star Wars Rebels™ table.

Could be just reach the Wizard mode maybe?...

Star Wars Pinball: Bronze: 'The collector' - Find your first Imperial helmet on the Star Wars Pinball™: Star Wars Rebels™ table.

Bronze: 'Fire across the galaxy' - Duel with the Inquisitor on the Star Wars Pinball™: Star Wars Rebels™ table.

Silver: 'Path of the Jedi' - Lock four balls with the Force on the Star Wars Pinball™: Star Wars Rebels™ table.

Can't wait to get playing now!

It will be coming to the SWP standalone game as well as ZP2 - and this one was designed by Deep
    In that case I'll set the over/under at 6 for the highest number of modes you can have running at one time. Any guesses?

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    In that case I'll set the over/under at 6 for the highest number of modes you can have running at one time. Any guesses?
    Hahaha I'm glad you identify me with stackable modes. Well the multiballs can be stacked, thats three. Three or four smaller modes can be started during them so basically the 6 is correct

Quote Originally Posted by deep View Post
    Hahaha I'm glad you identify me with stackable modes. Well the multiballs can be stacked, thats three. Three or four smaller modes can be started during them so basically the 6 is correct
    WILL YOUR MADNESS EVER END?!?!?!?

Star Wars Rebels is coming to PSN, Steam, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii U, iOS, Android, and Google Play this week! Dates, details and a new trailer can be found on our blog!

Still have to wait one more day

Quote Originally Posted by Beliskner View Post
    Still have to wait one more day
    Isn't it out today? Tuesday? For PS3

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    Isn't it out today? Tuesday? For PS3
    Yes, in North America (looks like the update is happening now!). PSN Europe doesn't update until tomorrow.

Yes, in North America (looks like the update is happening now!). PSN Europe doesn't update until tomorrow.
    Do I buy it on Star Wars pinball or zen pinball for PS3? So that I get all versions?

I only see zp2 version I don't see Star Wars pinball version

Never mind clicked zp2 and all versions were there for download
    Last edited by DiscoKing; 04-28-2015 at 07:22 PM.

Do I buy it on Star Wars pinball or zen pinball for PS3? So that I get all versions?

I only see zp2 version I don't see Star Wars pinball version
    The store is still updating, so not everything is there yet. You can purchase for ZP2 then import to SWP once everything is live on the store.

Coolness! I'm off to DL now. Glad it wasn't up yet when I check a bit ago on PS4, or I'd have forgotten to get it first for my Vita. Speaking of which, I wish remote play worked well enough to play the PS4 versions on my Vita, but even sitting right infront of the PS4 the lag is just enough to throw off my timing with the flippers. I hope Sony improves remote play, it could be such a cool feature for the Vita.
    Ok, pinball time!
    Thank you to everyone at Zen for continuing to make such awesome tables. You all get my vote every year for Game of the Year.

Looks like the table is live on PSN in North America - just a reminder that the in-game icon won't be there until tomorrow, so search the store and download it there for now

Enjoy!

Looks like the table is live on PSN in North America - just a reminder that the in-game icon won't be there until tomorrow, so search the store and download it there for now

Enjoy!
    Wow really like this table!

It seems to be Tailored to a younger audience the complete opposite of clone wars.
    As clone wars is one of the hardest tables this is one of the easiest

But I love it nice combos nice flow like the chopper "breakout" mission too

I think a lot of casual players will be able to get to wizard mode on this tables. Giving them a taste of what it's like when maybe they could never achieve wizArd mode on any other tables.

Default Purchasing issues

Hi Barbie.

I had another issue while purchasing this table. On my PS4 I downloaded the demo and tried to buy the license, but after I pressed confirm, it gave me an error message. It now says everywhere in the store that I have purchased it, even though I can't download the game unlock, and no confirmation email has been sent. My user is crumbles. Is there anything that can be fixed from your end, or do I have to wait for the playstation store to recognize the error?

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbles View Post
    Hi Barbie.

I had another issue while purchasing this table. On my PS4 I downloaded the demo and tried to buy the license, but after I pressed confirm, it gave me an error message. It now says everywhere in the store that I have purchased it, even though I can't download the game unlock, and no confirmation email has been sent. My user is crumbles. Is there anything that can be fixed from your end, or do I have to wait for the playstation store to recognize the error?
    We don't have access to player transaction info - but try going into your PS4 settings and do a license restore. Make sure you did purchase it though (check your email for the receipt).

Let me know how it goes

Wow really like this table!

It seems to be Tailored to a younger audience the complete opposite of clone wars.
    As clone wars is one of the hardest tables this is one of the easiest

But I love it nice combos nice flow like the chopper "breakout" mission too

I think a lot of casual players will be able to get to wizard mode on this tables. Giving them a taste of what it's like when maybe they could never achieve wizArd mode on any other tables.
    It's a good table though way too easy for me at least. I played 1 game and got to the wizard mode twice. Right Now Avenger's Age of Ultron is my cup of tea so to speak.

I love the stacked modes galore as it is Deep's specialty. The visuals and sound effects are great but in the end it's too easy and definitely prone to marathon games.

Even over looking the easy aspect of the table it's still better than some (*cough Darrh Vader *cough).

Still a fun table. Perhaps this table was to cater to those that thought Zen's recent ones were a bit on the challenging side. Wild West and age of ultron. It's ok to cater to the more casual and younger audience. I can accept that. Maybe the next table will be more challenging.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    It's a good table though way too easy for me at least. I played 1 game and got to the wizard mode twice. Right Now Avenger's Age of Ultron is my cup of tea so to speak.

I love the stacked modes galore as it is Deep's specialty. The visuals and sound effects are great but in the end it's too easy and definitely prone to marathon games.

Even over looking the easy aspect of the table it's still better than some (*cough Darrh Vader *cough).

Still a fun table. Perhaps this table was to cater to those that thought Zen's recent ones were a bit on the challenging side. Wild West and age of ultron. It's ok to cater to the more casual and younger audience. I can accept that. Maybe the next table will be more challenging.
    Exatly as you wrote, I tried to reach the younger ones with some easier and less punishing modes. But I hope you can find some challenge in it, you know complete the main modes and not only finish them, or run all the multiballs at the same time ;-)

Exatly as you wrote, I tried to reach the younger ones with some easier and less punishing modes. But I hope you can find some challenge in it, you know complete the main modes and not only finish them, or run all the multiballs at the same time ;-)
    Awesome table deep! But yeah I beat the wizard mode on just my second game and that never happens. I am not sure if this was implemented but I was hoping on the second play through (after finishing the wizard mode the first time) that you would have to beat each mission not just activate it for it to stick (light up) to earn your way to the wizard mode a second time.

If this isn't the case could that be a future update? It would make everyone happy - the kiddos and casuals can finally make it to a wizard mode and then give the hardcore a challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by DA5ID View Post
    Awesome table deep! But yeah I beat the wizard mode on just my second game and that never happens. I am not sure if this was implemented but I was hoping on the second play through (after finishing the wizard mode the first time) that you would have to beat each mission not just activate it for it to stick (light up) to earn your way to the wizard mode a second time.

If this isn't the case could that be a future update? It would make everyone happy - the kiddos and casuals can finally make it to a wizard mode and then give the hardcore a challenge.
    Good idea, sorry for I didn't thought of that. I will definitely try to smuggle this feature in for the next update

Just bought Rebels for Nexus 9 and it says that for a week all the other star wars tables are half price starting today. 3 days ago when i checked the tables out they were 99c. This was before the promo that started today. I bought Rebels and then went back to the other tables and they are still 99c.

So how does one get the other tables for 50c each then??

That is the sale - the regular price is 1.99.

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbles View Post
    Go to the PS Store on the PC and check to see if it is in your download list. If it is, then click on the "download to PS4" button. If it isn't, then give Sony a call.

Twice yesterday, during a game of Rebels on PS3 (Star Wars Pinball version), the ability to nudge the table didn’t work. As a result, I lost both balls. The second time ended my game, which I only needed one more shot to start the wizard mode for the fourth time that game. The first time it happened I thought I may have just not hit it hard enough, I use the right stick to nudge and it happens from time to time. But, as the ball sat in the launcher I tried repeatedly to shake the table and it was not working. I saved the game, started Han Solo, and it worked while the ball was in the launcher. I went back to my game of Rebels and everything worked fine. I’ve never encountered this before. I usually don’t play online, but this time I was, so maybe that added to the glitch?

I had this happen as well. Only that table though.

So sorry for this, other players have been reported it too. My mistake, the next update will fix it. In theory it only occurs when the Wizard mode is lit, but not started yet.

So sorry for this, other players have been reported it too. My mistake, the next update will fix it. In theory it only occurs when the Wizard mode is lit, but not started yet.
    I can't remember the circumstances that it happened the first time, but the second I was trying to nudge pass to the right flipper so I could shoot the left hole to start the wizard mode.

Good table, not familiar with the base content (ive seen the SW movies but other than that the only SW content im familiar with is the games). Its not a punishing table and i think thats fantastic, i think its aimed at being more new player friendly and i cant think of a table which really gave me that vibe since Ms Splosion Man going way back now. Im having a great deal of fun with this table the now - i think overall we were long overdue a "noob" table as well as a Star Wars themed one and this ticked both boxes. Great work there Zen

Happens to me every time Wizard mode is lit, even though I know the bug I still get caught out! Gah!!

With the Super skillshot, it is collected by hitting the cross ramp from a half-power plunger shot and starts at 1 million. It can be increased by shooting loops round the mini-loop just above the cross ramp by 500,000 each loop and then has to be collected by hitting the cross ramp. The increased score does hold over to any balls you have remaining though, not sure if there is a maximum score limit.

Having a lot of fun with this table, OK it is easy to reach the Wizard mode but trying to break a billion is a real challenge. Can't find any easy/safe missions or Multiballs to grind either- thank goodness

A couple of small tips, I try and start a mission straight away by hitting the Rebel ramp and then choose the Zeb mission where you have to hit the sliding Stormtroopers. That way your ball-save is still active and can prevent potential drains. As for scoring, I focus on the Force MB (and it's cool ) and also Ghost MB. Quite often the Thruster MB can be started along with these too. Oh, and when you get the Force spinner reward it is lucrative. Not sure about the Force ramp reward though?

Is the nudge glitch on SWP only, or is it also on the ZP2 version? I've only encountered it on SWP.

Quote Originally Posted by daverthehutt View Post
    Is the nudge glitch on SWP only, or is it also on the ZP2 version? I've only encountered it on SWP.
    It affects all the platforms unfortunately. But if the wizard mode gets started, it gets fixed.

Another (possible) bug I found last night on PS4, reached the Wizard mode again and as the animation started I got impatient and pressed X to skip it, the camera panned down to the flippers but the ball had already drained without me being able to view it. I have recorded it if needed.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

It affects all the platforms unfortunately. But if the wizard mode gets started, it gets fixed.
    Yeh I encounter this yesterday night, lost a Ball because of it

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    Another (possible) bug I found last night on PS4, reached the Wizard mode again and as the animation started I got impatient and pressed X to skip it, the camera panned down to the flippers but the ball had already drained without me being able to view it. I have recorded it if needed.
    Yeah, I'm aware of this one too, will be fixed in the next update. Press launch immediately after starting the Wizard mode to avoid. Sorry for the inconveniences.

First, thanks a lot to have realeased a table solded, it's the first time I see a dev doing that thing. Just amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post

I join you, Rebels is a cool table, not really challenging but still fun (it's the essence of a game to be fun). And new and casual gamers could enjoy Rebels more than the last tables AAOU / WWR.

Comparing with WWR where the challenge is only due to the physic (you put the rebels physic on WWR and it becomes the same, a fun table), I did my choice ! I like challenge but definitly not when it's because of a hard physic.

So with SW Rebels I think Deep have found the middle beetween the too easy physic (where games during some hours) and the hyper hard (where you play only 10 minutes, not fun). If the next tables could follow this way, I'm in !
    French fans forum : www.LUPsClub.com

I'm playing on XBOX 360 and something odd is happening. More than once the music dropped out during the game. The only music that's playing are the clips that get triggered by hitting certain targets; otherwise it's only sound effects and dialogue. It goes back to normal when quitting and then starting a new game, but after a few minutes the same thing happens. Can't really tell what the reason is, but it should be reproducable pretty easily.
    Last edited by Quen; 05-17-2015 at 04:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Quen View Post
    I'm playing on XBOX 360 and something odd is happening. More than once the music dropped out during the game. The only music that's playing are the clips that get triggered by hitting certain targets; otherwise it's only sound effects and dialogue. It goes back to normal when quitting and then starting a new game, but after a few minutes the same thing happens. Can't really tell what the reason is, but it should be reproducable pretty easily.
    What tables does this happen with?

The Rebels one. No problems at all with any of the others (I got all the Star Wars tables).

Quote Originally Posted by Quen View Post
    Yup, I got the same problem too on my xbox 360. Shame, because I really like the table... even the nudge function seems to disable after some time. Please fix this Zen Studios!

Quote Originally Posted by Oenta View Post
    Yup, I got the same problem too on my xbox 360. Shame, because I really like the table... even the nudge function seems to disable after some time. Please fix this Zen Studios!
    All tables or just Rebels?

There is a table called Age of Ultron?
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    There is a table called Age of Ultron?
    Yes: http://blog.zenstudios.com/?p=5173

All tables or just Rebels?
    No...only Rebels, the other tables are working fine.

Default End of ball bonus not working

Just played rebels on iOS and near the end I was getting some really good end of ball bonuses 14-18 million - how ever when added to the goal score it only seemed to go up 1-3 million. Either the end of ball bonuses are not correct or they are no being added correctly