X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BarbieBobomb
    Pinball Wizard
    • Feb 2012

Forum Guidelines Update

Hey everyone - we've updated our forum guidelines. Please take a look. These aren't too much different from before, they basically say to be respectful, don't cheat, etc. Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks and have fun,

Barbie
  • DepecheM101
    • Mar 2017

I think that Zen need to turn captchas back on or do something else because the amount of spamming etc. has now seriously gotten out of hand on this forum. Also is there any way of allowing some trusted members to report such posts without the 60 second wait between reporting such posts?
    Last edited by DepecheM101; 12-03-2018, 03:48 PM.

Comment

• McLovin
      Marketing Manager
      • Apr 2017

Yeah, we are looking for solutions on this with varying success. It is not ideal.

We are trying to find a way to reduce these but still don't make it overly difficult for actual people to post what they want.

Comment

• Cloda
        Pinball Wizard
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by McLovin
        Yeah, we are looking for solutions on this with varying success. It is not ideal.

We are trying to find a way to reduce these but still don't make it overly difficult for actual people to post what they want.
        I don't know if it is possible, but the solution that seems to work best is that the first three or so posts from a new member must first be approved by a moderator before they are posted. Thereafter the moderator don't have to be involved further and there are not so many new members that it will be burdensome for a moderator.
        XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Comment

• DepecheM101
          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by Cloda
          I don't know if it is possible, but the solution that seems to work best is that the first three or so posts from a new member must first be approved by a moderator before they are posted. Thereafter the moderator don't have to be involved further and there are not so many new members that it will be burdensome for a moderator.
          Seems a reasonable measure.
          Also is there no current way to report the seemingly constant albums that are being created?

Comment

• DepecheM101
            • Mar 2017

It's now come to the point when I come to check on this forum all I can think of is this.

Spam & Chips, Spam & Egg, Chips & Spam, Egg & Spam, etc,etc, Spam, Spam, Spam, Spam , ad infinitum.

Maybe there's an idea for a table here!
            Last edited by DepecheM101; 12-27-2018, 12:54 AM.

Comment

• FrankTaylor33
              • Sep 2019

My opinion

Thanks for describing in details here. This forum guideline should be known to everyone. It will not be possible for anyone to be banned.

Comment

• shogun00
                Pinball Wizard
                • Feb 2011

Originally posted by BrianRobert
                I can't find guidelines , can anyone help
                The link is in the first post of this thread.

Comment

Working...