Thread: Marvelís Avengers: Age of Ultron Pinball

Default Marvelís Avengers: Age of Ultron Pinball

Avengers Assemble! Announcing Marvelís Avengers: Age of Ultron Pinball coming later this month! Check out the Zen blog for more details.

Trailer coming soon!

I'll be on the PS blog to chat about the new table!

I figured this would come in time. Loved what you did with Avengers pinball and can't wait to see what you guys do with this one. Since this will be day 1 purchase for me, I'm a bit concerned that the table is being released 2 weeks before the film. It will likely take lines from the film and give some of the plot away. Not that the trailers already did too much anyway. I won;t see it opening weekend but will likely see it as soon as I can.

That said, Looking forward to another of your fine tables. Also when is SW Rebels being released? Same week? It has been 2 weeks since it was announced.

Quote Originally Posted by tenorhero View Post
    I figured this would come in time. Loved what you did with Avengers pinball and can't wait to see what you guys do with this one. Since this will be day 1 purchase for me, I'm a bit concerned that the table is being released 2 weeks before the film. It will likely take lines from the film and give some of the plot away. Not that the trailers already did too much anyway. I won;t see it opening weekend but will likely see it as soon as I can.

That said, Looking forward to another of your fine tables. Also when is SW Rebels being released? Same week? It has been 2 weeks since it was announced.
    This table won't have spoilers, so if you've seen the trailers, you're good

Rebels is coming the week of April 27th, and Ultron will be the week before.

Interesting that the article mentions selectable difficulty levels!

Not so fussed about the table but this shows some progression which is great.

I wonder though, will there be seperate leaderboards for each difficulty?

Quote Originally Posted by Alipan View Post
    Interesting that the article mentions selectable difficulty levels!

Not so fussed about the table but this shows some progression which is great.

I wonder though, will there be seperate leaderboards for each difficulty?
    Nope - just one leaderboard.

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Nope - just one leaderboard.
    Hmm... I have to say that sounds all sorts of wrong. Oh well good luck with the table.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

Cool April get hype son!

Selectable difficulties sound intriguing but yeh being on 1 leader board is quite strange, but I guess it was done like that for a reason. Either way I'm hyped, This, the Film, Penny Dreadful, Game of Thrones, Daredevil, Star Wars Rebels all in the same month...... GET HYPE!

Official Pinball Guides (PFX3 etc.) - Written & Video Form

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Two new tables within a week of each other Looks good, you guys are pumpin out tables like there's no tommorrow and thats awesome!

Can you tell us more about this selectable difficulty option? How is that going to work with only one leaderboard?

Does it work sortve like Civil War & Deadpool where certain modes can be selected to be harder? Shorter timers on modes for higher scores? Or is it just an overall table difficulty? If its an overall table difficulty, what changes? The table itself? (such as table slope, slingshot power, ball spin, nudge mechanics, less extra balls, etc.) I have a couple more questions, but those depend on how this works with the table overall.

Initially this seems odd but ill reserve judgement until we get a bit more clarification.
    Last edited by MarkItZeroSmoky; 04-07-2015 at 10:19 PM.

Zen Studios and the AoU table on IGN, awesome! Should help with boosting sales.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/04/...-pinball-table
    XBL GT - JaySTeeY
    casual pinball player, looking for friendly competition

2 tables in one month? Sign me up...both day 1 purchases for me. Really digging the look of the AoU table!
    "Zen Pinball Rules!"

So stoked for this can't wait

Says selectable difficulty levels - I'm thinking deadpool. It's the only table I know with selectable difficulty levels.

1st person Hawkeye mission sounds cool too!

My only disappointment will be the one trophy.
    I wish for them to have at least 2
    1. Forcing me to see and beat some cool ass mode
    2. Forcing me to beat wizard mode to see all the missions

My fear is a single easy ass trophy "hit the bumpers 10 times" and then my dumbass does that and goes on to the next game to trophy hunt.

Maybe I can "force" myself to see the wizard mode as I really like the 1st avengers movie table and took it to wizard mode several times even after earning the trophies. And each time I took it to wizard mode I did it the "right way" with each correct character ball for each mission. I even played to get a high score which I don't normally do. Think I got it into the billions on PS3 can't remember which version though marvel pinball or zp2.

This table looks stunning! Really nice art and layout, love it. There's some gameplay footage here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg0Sc2rgZG0

Some cool sound effects I notice

Looks like Ypok designed this one (Starfighter Assualt, Deadpool)

I know what Discoking is saying RE: trophies, I'm sure Zen would love to add more but we all know the deal with that. Personally I always have to beat the Wizard mode on any table, then I'll go for a high score if the table really grabs me (which most do).

Anyway, my money is ready and waiting for these 2 new tables

Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    This table looks stunning! Really nice art and layout, love it. There's some gameplay footage here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg0Sc2rgZG0

Some cool sound effects I notice

Looks like Ypok designed this one (Starfighter Assualt, Deadpool)

I know what Discoking is saying RE: trophies, I'm sure Zen would love to add more but we all know the deal with that. Personally I always have to beat the Wizard mode on any table, then I'll go for a high score if the table really grabs me (which most do).

Anyway, my money is ready and waiting for these 2 new tables
    Video looks awesome! Thanks for that!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkItZeroSmoky View Post
    Two new tables within a week of each other Looks good, you guys are pumpin out tables like there's no tommorrow and thats awesome!

Can you tell us more about this selectable difficulty option? How is that going to work with only one leaderboard?

Does it work sortve like Civil War & Deadpool where certain modes can be selected to be harder? Shorter timers on modes for higher scores? Or is it just an overall table difficulty? If its an overall table difficulty, what changes? The table itself? (such as table slope, slingshot power, ball spin, nudge mechanics, less extra balls, etc.) I have a couple more questions, but those depend on how this works with the table overall.

Initially this seems odd but ill reserve judgement until we get a bit more clarification.
    It's an overall difficulty - When you first start a game, you choose between easy, medium, and hard. The hard setting has increased pitch and shorter timers, but you get more points for completing objectives.

It's an overall difficulty - When you first start a game, you choose between easy, medium, and hard. The hard setting has increased pitch and shorter timers, but you get more points for completing objectives.
    Ah thats good, rewarding Players who have a greater skill set.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Will be very interesting to see how that balances out with the scoring, great to see new innovations from Zen anyway.

I have wondered before if Zen's tables would play better with a less steep pitch? Only slightly less pitch I mean.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about. Awesome.

Great to see another Marvel table as those always turn out great (except for Thor which is the worst table in history ). Really like the dark design. That was to be expected though as most tables succeed in the visual department . Of course this will be a day one buy for me as well

Quote Originally Posted by Beliskner View Post
    Great to see another Marvel table as those always turn out great (except for Thor which is the worst table in history ). Really like the dark design. That was to be expected though as most tables succeed in the visual department . Of course this will be a day one buy for me as well
    Personal opinion of course. I love Thor. I would give my list of Marvel tables as follows.

1. Fear itself - Great modes just an all around great table that's also challenging
    2. X-men - Deeper than it looks
    3. Deadpool - Love the fact that you can choose the difficulty of the modes
    4. Thor - Love the design and layout. Kind of challenging as once you lose the balls in 'wizard' mode you have to start over
    5. Fantastic Four - fun Stacked modes galore
    6. Avengers - Love how each ball is represented for each hero. Interesting modes to coincide with this
    7. Infinity Gauntlet - Love the modes the fact you don't have to beat every mode/guantlet.You score morepoints if you do though
    8. Civil War - Challenging especially when you try to get other heroes to fight for you.
    9. Moon Knight - Not a well known Marvel hero but the table is a beauty to behold. Interesting modes
    10. Blade - Didn't like it first but after knowing what to do it's one of my favs
    11. Captain America - Some shots are really tricky. Love the look of the playfield
    12. Iron Man - Difficult getting to the last boss. You lose the 'wizard' mode you start over completing all modes again.
    13. Wolverine - A marathon table one of the best of the first gen table IMO
    14. Dr Strange - I like the modes too many hurry ups IMO
    15. Spiderman - a Marathon table. I think best aspect of the table is the music
    16. Venom - Really couldn't get into this table. But the modes are interesting
    17. World War Hulk - I call ramp spam. Probably the most disappointing table coming from the one that made Thor and Iron Man
    18. Guardians of the Galaxy - It's ok. I though it was a bit easy but you have to cater to casual crowd right?
    19. Ghost Rider - Nothing about this table was fun IMO.

Trophy list is out:

'Borrowed Time' - Use up both kickbacks in one activation on the Marvel's Avengers: Age of Ultron table. (Single player only)

Sounds interesting...

Avengers Assemble! Check out the launch trailer for Marvel’s Avengers: Age of Ultron Pinball, out this week!

Default Cross Buy with PS4?

Hi, I just wanted to make absolutely sure before I bought it (the table is now available for purchase in the PSN Store) : I'm assuming that this table is like every previous one in that if you buy the PS3/Vita version you will also get the PS4 version for free after completing the purchase. The reason I ask is that it's not mentioned in Barbie's PlayStation Blog post the way it usually is when a new table is announced.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Decker View Post
    Hi, I just wanted to make absolutely sure before I bought it (the table is now available for purchase in the PSN Store) : I'm assuming that this table is like every previous one in that if you buy the PS3/Vita version you will also get the PS4 version for free after completing the purchase. The reason I ask is that it's not mentioned in Barbie's PlayStation Blog post the way it usually is when a new table is announced.
    Thanks!
    Yes - always purchase on PS3 or Vita first, then import to PS4

Enjoy!

Yes - always purchase on PS3 or Vita first, then import to PS4

Enjoy!
    Sure enough. Bought the PS3 version and the PS4 is Free for me now. Bought that and added it to my Download queue. Looking forward to playing this tonight and Star Wars in a week. Keep the great content coming!

BTW : I just finally finished The Walking Dead Season 1, so I guess it's safe for me to play the pinball table without any spoilers at last!

Just played for about an hour or so. I like the layout of the table a lot. You can keep the combo flow going quite some time. But for me it has the same issue the first Avengers table and Civil War has, the missions don't complement the flow of the table and seem more to interrupt it. Granted, this is just a first impression, but I found myself trying to avoid starting missions to enjoy the table more. That said, I think even Zen's worst tables are still fun and I'm happy to have a new one, whether it becomes one of my favorites or not.
    Thanks all.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter328 View Post
    Just played for about an hour or so. I like the layout of the table a lot. You can keep the combo flow going quite some time. But for me it has the same issue the first Avengers table and Civil War has, the missions don't complement the flow of the table and seem more to interrupt it. Granted, this is just a first impression, but I found myself trying to avoid starting missions to enjoy the table more. That said, I think even Zen's worst tables are still fun and I'm happy to have a new one, whether it becomes one of my favorites or not.
    Thanks all.
    I really like the table played for about an hour on both PS3 and ps4. Hard to go back to the PS3 after playing on the ps4. The PS3 is so grainy looking while the ps4 is smooth and crystal clear looking. Love the table active slings but outlanes are hard to get to which brings me to my question

Is this trophy a punishment to all that complained about active slings? Lol

I can never get my ball to go down the outlanes in time to earn the trophy

Wow, this table is fast and furious! Even on Easy mode the ball is whizzing about at break-neck speed. Love it!! I have tried the Medium and Hard difficulty levels but find it hard to keep up and not sure the increased rewards are worth it? I could be wrong though.

Anyway, here's me beating the Wizard mode, please don't watch if you don't want to spoil anything.

Quote Originally Posted by skyway73 View Post
    Wow, this table is fast and furious! Even on Easy mode the ball is whizzing about at break-neck speed. Love it!! I have tried the Medium and Hard difficulty levels but find it hard to keep up and not sure the increased rewards are worth it? I could be wrong though.

Anyway, here's me beating the Wizard mode, please don't watch if you don't want to spoil anything.
    Hard mode is definitely worth I think. You get 3X the points basically. I've tried all difficulty levels and agree it's till pretty fast. Hard mode timers are really quick. Love the challenge and I don't think I'll wimp out and do easy or medium.

Great table though I wish they did more like did in avengers where you can take different approaches reaching the wizard mode. Still though nice touch that each mode seems to have a designated ball font.

Only had a chance to play for about an hr. Again..... a great table and love the challenge in hard mode.

Good points :
    - slingshots don't put the ball in the outlane (not always)
    - good flow
    - marathon game will be good

Bad points :
    - having 2-5 seconds to read the objectives of the mission before it starts will have been better, instead of doing the mission 2-3 times to know what to do at the end.
    - mission 5 is a difficulty cap when compared to others. The lack of control on the 2 balls doesn't help to avoid outlanes, maybe less ramps to light off will have been better (3-5-8 instead of 5-8-idk). On the other hand, mission 1, where you can shoot each ball in each ramps is more accessible even with more shoots needed.
    - when the ball falls off the bumpers by the right side, it's outlane time !
    - is there a method to see which mission will start before completing ASSEMBLE ? Without going on the Avengers Tower from the Hawkeye ramp.
    - The ASSEMBLE reward are too vague. Duration of kickback increased : ok, but how many more seconds allowed ? And from how many seconds ? Is there a cap ? Is there a warning if we hit the cap ?

My opinion after making 570M with normal difficulty : very good
    When Mammouth will be hungry, it means that thin people will have already died

Nice designed Table , i like the Missions , but the hard mode is nasty, they should have given it more tiltwarnings lol
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 04-24-2015 at 10:01 PM. Reason: Language!

Liking the new table as a whole but can we stop for a second to talk about Thor's voice? Why does Thor sound more like a hoity toity British gentleman and less like the God of Thunder?
    Last edited by Xanthious; 04-25-2015 at 01:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthious View Post
    Liking the new table as a whole but can we stop for a second to talk about Thor's voice? Why does Thor sound more like a hoity toity British gentleman and less like the God of Thunder?
    I think that's jarvis's voice aka vision not thor's

Notice the dialog and what is being said and you'll see that it's jarvis

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoKing View Post
    I think that's jarvis's voice aka vision not thor's

Notice the dialog and what is being said and you'll see that it's jarvis
    All the voices sound weird to me except Iron Man wish they used the real actors voices
    Highest Scores: 479mill Sorcerers Lair, 219mill Avengers, 203mill MARS, 190mill Captain America, 181mill SW: Clone Wars

Quote Originally Posted by JCman7 View Post
    All the voices sound weird to me except Iron Man wish they used the real actors voices
    If we used the actors from the movie, there is no way we could charge $2-3 per table anymore.

If we used the actors from the movie, there is no way we could charge $2-3 per table anymore.
    Haha very true but you would think the actors would have in their contracts that they have to do promotional things like these. The voices you do have are pretty good they match as best as you can get. Black widow and Thor are the only ones that don't fit too well but no biggie. Table is awesome!
    Highest Scores: 479mill Sorcerers Lair, 219mill Avengers, 203mill MARS, 190mill Captain America, 181mill SW: Clone Wars

Exclamation How to raise the Multiplier?

Just beat it's Wizard Mode. Funny enough, I seem to not know how to go about raising the Multipliers. I also wonder if the Table has any Multiball Modes outside the Main Missions.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Just beat it's Wizard Mode. Funny enough, I seem to not know how to go about raising the Multipliers. I also wonder if the Table has any Multiball Modes outside the Main Missions.
    Completing a hurry-up will raise the multiplier by one, and apart from the main modes only the Invasion offers the opportunity to play it as a multiball.

Quote Originally Posted by Ypok View Post
    Completing a hurry-up will raise the multiplier by one, and apart from the main modes only the Invasion offers the opportunity to play it as a multiball.
    Thank you so much. I just got 1 more question - the Reward mechanic, I've seen the Dot-Matrix 2 more hits for Reward, is this linked to the far right Sink Hole?

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    Thank you so much. I just got 1 more question - the Reward mechanic, I've seen the Dot-Matrix 2 more hits for Reward, is this linked to the far right Sink Hole?
    And the hole below the bumpers

Thank you so much for all your help.

PSN = SrkToTheChin
    Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin

I seem to be missing something obvious... how do you keep the kickbacks lit?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    I seem to be missing something obvious... how do you keep the kickbacks lit?
    You can't really keep them lit . Once lit you will hear "thor's might is on your side" and then they are on a timer counting down
    However it you hit the bumpers you can extend the time they are lit and you'll hear something like "the God of Thunder favors you" indicating you've extended the timer but it's not a big extension and eventually you will lose them and you'll hear "thor will soon depart, you are on your own"
    At this point if you want them you'll have to re-activate them by hitting the 4 targets again.

Hope that helps

You can't really keep them lit . Once lit you will hear "thor's might is on your side" and then they are on a timer counting down
    However it you hit the bumpers you can extend the time they are lit and you'll hear something like "the God of Thunder favors you" indicating you've extended the timer but it's not a big extension and eventually you will lose them and you'll hear "thor will soon depart, you are on your own"
    At this point if you want them you'll have to re-activate them by hitting the 4 targets again.

Hope that helps
    Thanks, that is how I have experienced it so far but I couldn't believe that they give you so little time extension when you hit the bumpers. I have attempted a few times to shoot the ball to the bumpers as often as possible while the kickbacks are activated but even while I'm doing that and not really trying anything else, the kicbacks are still lost. Pretty pointless exercise trying to light the kickbacks then if you ask me... I'll rather see it as a stroke of luck from now on if a ball gets returned to the playing field via the kickback system.

Hope that helps
    Interesting. I was wondering why kickbacks weren't lasting that long. Makes the table more challenging than it is. Which is a good thing for me.

Probably my favorite table of the most recent releases followed By Wild West Rampage.