Thread: New patch broke my game :(

Default New patch broke my game :(

Playing on my Kindle Fire... downloaded the new update which was required for the Portal table and now the game either crashes at startup or after running for about 20 seconds.... ugh was looking forward to playing this table all week!

Quote Originally Posted by edc5036 View Post
    Playing on my Kindle Fire... downloaded the new update which was required for the Portal table and now the game either crashes at startup or after running for about 20 seconds.... ugh was looking forward to playing this table all week!
    If you can get it to stay open long enough, can you try to grab the user ID number from the about section of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    If you can get it to stay open long enough, can you try to grab the user ID number from the about section of the game?
    Just was able to get it written down before it crashed... here you go

1206-1454-2151-1673-1721

Just was able to get it written down before it crashed... here you go

1206-1454-2151-1673-1721
    Thank you! I will have the team check it out What OS version are you using?
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 05-28-2015 at 11:43 PM.

Thank you! I will have the team check it out What OS version are you using?
    I'm on Fire OS 4.5.3

Thanks so much for your help. Nothing but respect for the entire Zen team!!! Just really sucks not being able to play the game at all right now!

Do you have any idea if a delete and reinstall will lose my high scores? After a year + plus of playing and reaching top 20 pro score on the platform I'm hesitant to try such a thing but I really want to play this Portal table!

I'm on Fire OS 4.5.3

Thanks so much for your help. Nothing but respect for the entire Zen team!!! Just really sucks not being able to play the game at all right now!

Do you have any idea if a delete and reinstall will lose my high scores? After a year + plus of playing and reaching top 20 pro score on the platform I'm hesitant to try such a thing but I really want to play this Portal table!
    They should save in Swarm if you are already using it.

They should save in Swarm if you are already using it.
    Well I tried deleting the app and reinstalling but still getting the same problem. The app hasn't been able to stay open long enough to log in to swarm. And now it seems like all of my data and all of the tables I've paid for and downloaded (every single one you've released) are gone.

Well I tried deleting the app and reinstalling but still getting the same problem. The app hasn't been able to stay open long enough to log in to swarm. And now it seems like all of my data and all of the tables I've paid for and downloaded (every single one you've released) are gone.
    Oh no I let the team know, hopefully we can get it up and running again quickly.

Default Mine is broken too

I downloaded to latest version from the Amazon app store on my Nexus 6 and I am having the same issue. I boot the game - when it gets to the main screen and I try to select any table it just crashes. If I dont touch anything it will crash on its own in about 5-10 seconds. I did uninstall and reinstall but still no good. I just updated to latest Android version, 5.1.1, and I thought maybe that was the problem. But I see others are having the same issue after the Zen update. Hope a fix is released soon. I cant play any of the tables or purchase the Portal table.

Same with my Kindle Fire. The game crashes for me as soon as I click "buy table" for Portal. It's happens when it's trying to talk/connect to Amazon billing. Every time I relaunch the app after that it crashes. I have to reboot my tablet.

Those of your with crashing issues, does it work if you try to open the app while offline? Please let me know so we can continue investigating

Those of your with crashing issues, does it work if you try to open the app while offline? Please let me know so we can continue investigating
    Yup, same problem when playing offline.

Thanks for confirming!

Default Me too!!

Does the same thing to mine. Crash Crash Crash. Even from the app store. Offline, Online, doesn't matter. I have a Kindle Fire HD. Check my high scores. JGPinballwizard. I'm ready to play!! Except I can't because I tried to purchase the portal game.

Update! This should be fixed soon, we're submitting an update to Amazon ASAP, so keep an eye out for an app update

Awesome! Can't wait. Been wanting to play the new Portal table.

Default Thanks

Update! This should be fixed soon, we're submitting an update to Amazon ASAP, so keep an eye out for an app update
    Appreciate your help!

Quote Originally Posted by jgpinballwizard View Post
    Does the same thing to mine. Crash Crash Crash. Even from the app store. Offline, Online, doesn't matter. I have a Kindle Fire HD. Check my high scores. JGPinballwizard. I'm ready to play!! Except I can't because I tried to purchase the portal game.
    Sounds like we will be able to resume our rivalry soon

Thanks for working on this Barbiebobomb! You guys are the best!

Is there an ETR?

Quote Originally Posted by Dosvor View Post
    Is there an ETR?
    I don't have an estimate, sorry. Just waiting for Amazon.

Thanks for the update. Amazon needs to get it together. Withdrawal symptoms have developed.

This has gone on too long! I need my pinball fix. Please continue to let amazon know how upset they are making their customers.

I spoke with amazon and they said you all are NOT waiting on them. You update your own apps through your own portal. I don't like to be mislead and fingers pointed where they shouldn't be pointed (at Amazon) in this case. Amazon also stated no tickets are opened for this app. Last ticket for issues with Zen was opened in May. Amazon refunded me for all 40 plus tables I bought and I am deleting this app. It was fun while it lasted.

I spoke with amazon and they said you all are NOT waiting on them. You update your own apps through your own portal. I don't like to be mislead and fingers pointed where they shouldn't be pointed (at Amazon) in this case. Amazon also stated no tickets are opened for this app. Last ticket for issues with Zen was opened in April. Amazon refunded me for all 40 plus tables I bought and I am deleting this app. It was fun while it lasted.
    I made a mistake. Amazon stated April, not May for last ticket opened. I fixed it above.

I spoke with amazon and they said you all are NOT waiting on them. You update your own apps through your own portal. I don't like to be mislead and fingers pointed where they shouldn't be pointed (at Amazon) in this case. Amazon also stated no tickets are opened for this app. Last ticket for issues with Zen was opened in May. Amazon refunded me for all 40 plus tables I bought and I am deleting this app. It was fun while it lasted.
    Sorry to see you go.
    Last edited by BarbieBobomb; 06-15-2015 at 07:54 PM.

Just a heads up: if all goes as planned, we have an app update happening next Thursday. Please let me know if you still have issues once you have installed the patch next week

Great news! I was just getting ready to contact Amazon but I will wait just a little longer now. Hopefully the update will fix it and Ill finally be able to play again. Been waiting too long.

Thanks for all the great tables. Cant wait for the next.

and now...

if all goes as planned, we have an app update happening next Thursday. Please let me know if you still have issues once you have installed the patch next week
    That means you lied to us before...

Last time i posted here and told you your developers are ... you banned me for a week and delete my posting...
    Now it happen again...

if that will happen again i return the game. testing the game right there are so many bugs you have not known before (highscores, brutus etc.)...

p.s. hi jgpinballwizard nice to see you here...

Quote Originally Posted by hou$emei$ter View Post
    and now...

That means you lied to us before...

Last time i posted here and told you your developers are ... you banned me for a week and delete my posting...
    Now it happen again...

if that will happen again i return the game. testing the game right there are so many bugs you have not known before (highscores, brutus etc.)...

p.s. hi jgpinballwizard nice to see you here...
    You were banned because you broke the forum rules, so please do check them before posting: http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthre...rum-Guidelines

If you feel you need a refund, please contact Amazon customer support.

Quote Originally Posted by madisonsdaddy View Post
    Great news! I was just getting ready to contact Amazon but I will wait just a little longer now. Hopefully the update will fix it and Ill finally be able to play again. Been waiting too long.

Thanks for all the great tables. Cant wait for the next.
    Please let me know if you still have issues after you have installed the update.

Default No bugfix...

New Table (Mars), thats it...

NO BUG IS FIXED !!!

App crashed after start...

What have you done ?

Once again, you lie to your customers...

Edit: you have to restart your kindle 2x then it works...

without restart -> crash
    1x restart -> crash

works here at three different kindle´s
    Last edited by hou$emei$ter; 06-25-2015 at 01:45 PM.

New Table (Mars), thats it...

NO BUG IS FIXED !!!

App crashed after start...

What have you done ?

Once again, you lie to your customers...

Edit: you have to restart your kindle 2x then it works...

without restart -> crash
    1x restart -> crash

works here at three different kindle´s
    Glad it's working for you now

Can't even get in to the game now. Swarm login not working. Says 'Application not authorized'. I even reset my password and still won't work. Can't even play as a guest. Wow. Getting frustrated now.

Tried everything. Even a clean install. No luck. 'Application not authorized!' And no way around the Swarm login.

Tried everything. Even a clean install. No luck. 'Application not authorized!' And no way around the Swarm login.
    You shouldn't have to log into Swarm to get into the game. Are you using the same Amazon login info? Can you send me a screenshot of the error message you're getting? support at zenstudios dot com

Sent you a screenshot. I can't get around the Swarm login. It comes up every time I start the app. Login does not work. The Lost Password? button or the create new account also don't work.

Can't even get in to the game now. Swarm login not working. Says 'Application not authorized'. I even reset my password and still won't work. Can't even play as a guest. Wow. Getting frustrated now.
    This was happening to me when I first installed the new patch. Restarted twice as posted above and everything works fine now... although I still did have to login to swarm before I could play. Hope this helps!

Default mccm2

Please let me know if you still have issues after you have installed the update.
    I still cannot play using fire stick. Time after time it just crashes.

yesterday all works fine -> today, i can just play if i restart the kindle twice again...

i think that was not fixed correctly...

i played the new mars table, highscore was #1 with 200.143.000 but it´s just local.
    however, the highscore was not send...

there´s a new "support" button at the top right corner. thats a good idea but a button to submit your highscore manually is what i want :-)
    Last edited by hou$emei$ter; 06-26-2015 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mccm2 View Post
    I still cannot play using fire stick. Time after time it just crashes.
    Thanks! Will be looking into it

new day and i have to restart twice...

Are any of you who still have crashing issues playing with a rooted device?

No...

We use:

Kindle Fire HD 7 - V 7.5.1
    Kindle Fire HDX 7 (3rd Generation) - Fire OS 4.5.4
    Kindle Fire HDX 8.9 (4th Generation) - Fire OS 4.5.4

Blackberry Passport...

Crash and Highscore Bug on all Devices...

Default Still crashing

Are any of you who still have crashing issues playing with a rooted device?
    Hi Barbie, Just downloaded the patch and Now all I get is a Eula privacy policy and code of conduct popup with a continue button. Crashes very quick. Tried turning my kindle fire on and off 4 times. Same thing! Anything working for anybody with a kindle?

Default I'm up now

Hi Barbie, Just downloaded the patch and Now all I get is a Eula privacy policy and code of conduct popup with a continue button. Crashes very quick. Tried turning my kindle fire on and off 4 times. Same thing! Anything working for anybody with a kindle?
    OK I called Amazon customer service and a recording said to try holding the power button for 20 seconds to reset the Kindle. I tried it and it worked. I just downloaded the Portal game. I'll repost if it crashes again.

OK I called Amazon customer service and a recording said to try holding the power button for 20 seconds to reset the Kindle. I tried it and it worked. I just downloaded the Portal game. I'll repost if it crashes again.
    Thanks for letting me know! Keep me posted

I tried it and it worked.
    Not for me...

If you feel you need a refund, please contact Amazon customer support.
    Sorry, Zen Pinball HD "was" the best Pinball, but now it´s 5 weeks without an working bugfix...

i wait until the end of july, if your developers are not able to solve a problem in 8 weeks thats the wrong game & company for me...
    Last edited by hou$emei$ter; 07-03-2015 at 12:32 PM.

@bobby

it's time for an update, is zen studios working on this highscore bug or not ???

@bobby

it's time for an update, is zen studios working on this highscore bug or not ???
    Can you give more details about this bug? Which tables are affected?

We've updated the Amazon version of Zen Pinball - make sure you have version 1.17.1 installed and let me know if you have any issues with crashing after the update.

Can you give more details about this bug? Which tables are affected?
    Portal and Mars, but it's not so easy to reach a new highscore so i have not tested the other tables...

I think my highscores are not submitted to swarm, you can see pictures at this thread:

http://forum.zenstudios.com/showthre...-Highscore-Bug

My name is visitvegas.de, the first screenshot is local and the second is swarm...

Local = 364.047.500
    Swarm = 200.143.008

I'm playing for highscores, if they are not stored zen pinball is useless...

I try the new update (1.17.1) today...

Edit: Looks good, first game and my new score is submitted...

Edit 2:

1: Downloaded V 1.17.1
    2: Played Portal -> Highscore submitted
    3: Bought Ant-Man -> First Game -> Score: 100.621.373 -> NOT submitted

zen-pinball-hd-antman-highscore-bug-01.jpg

zen-pinball-hd-antman-highscore-bug-02.jpg
    Last edited by hou$emei$ter; 07-22-2015 at 04:21 AM.

Actually i can start Zen Pinball but...

no highscores are available, take a look at swarm...

swarm-you-are-offline.jpg

1 = active 3g network
    2 = active wlan

but hey... i'm offline...

Default Highscore Bug Video

@Bobby...

i made a short film...

https://youtu.be/ZROl5njHm_s

portal table -> next game -> new highscore: 194.324.190

at time 00:25 you can see "Score submitted" but it's NOT the portal highscore, it is a highscore "all other tables" (11.420 M) !

at 00:45 you can see my OLD highscore with 116.027.848 the new one is NOT submitted to swarm
    Last edited by hou$emei$ter; 07-22-2015 at 06:10 PM.

Actually i can start Zen Pinball but...

no highscores are available, take a look at swarm...

swarm-you-are-offline.jpg

1 = active 3g network
    2 = active wlan

but hey... i'm offline...

Are you signed into Swarm? Have you tried signing out and back in?

yes, swarm was online ~10 seconds after the screenshot

yes, swarm was online ~10 seconds after the screenshot
    Did you try signing out/back in?

yes, more than 5x

@Bobby

is anybody working on this problem ???

@Bobby

I've let the team know so they can investigate.

@Bobby

This should be fixed in the next update, coming next Thursday. Let me know if you still have trouble once you have updated.