Thread: Is Zen Pinball purely skill.?

Default Is Zen Pinball purely skill.?

Hi,I was wondering if Zen Pinball scoring was purely based on skill,or whether the ball will drain,no matter how good you are.I just wondered as I see players with scores of 600million or so,and I have never,ever come anywhere near that on any table.
    So,basically what Im asking is,if the game wants you to only reach a certain score,is there something in the program that lets it do that. Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by GamesReviewer View Post
    Hi,I was wondering if Zen Pinball scoring was purely based on skill,or whether the ball will drain,no matter how good you are.I just wondered as I see players with scores of 600million or so,and I have never,ever come anywhere near that on any table.
    So,basically what Im asking is,if the game wants you to only reach a certain score,is there something in the program that lets it do that. Thanks..
    Skill and strategy is much more important than reflexes and luck to do well in Pinball. A player that flails the ball around without a plan or a purpose will not achieve high scores and have long games. I unfortunately don't have a lot of experience with real life tables but from what I have heard, Zen Pinball ball trajectory and bounce is much more repeatable and predictable than real life taking away the randomness that will lead to more ball drains that are out of your control.
    XBox One Gamertag - PinStratsDan

Pinball FX3 Tips & Strategy Guide YouTube Channel - PinStratsDan

Discord server - PinStratsDan

Twitter - PinStratsDan

Facebook - PinStratsDan

Cloda's somewhat vain and sort of self-indulgent thread

Default I guess this comment should go here...

Quote Originally Posted by Cloda View Post
    Skill and strategy is much more important than reflexes and luck to do well in Pinball. A player that flails the ball around without a plan or a purpose will not achieve high scores and have long games. I unfortunately don't have a lot of experience with real life tables but from what I have heard, Zen Pinball ball trajectory and bounce is much more repeatable and predictable than real life taking away the randomness that will lead to more ball drains that are out of your control.
    Zen studios, your physics are just fine.

Zen has taken too much flak. I cannot agree that any other simulated physics are better. Zen games to me are more about the skill of the player... Some other games are excellent but not as fun to play actually, and it's because of the over bouncy ball physics. Also, I see the same exact "ball descent" patterns occur over and over in other games, as well as lack or variability in plunger control, in comparison to Zen's, which give better control.

Those who disagree w/ me are not wrong, I just think the physics bashing is a matter of preference, maybe "realistic" and "playable" are two different things here. I don't want Zen to "fix" what I think is not broken!!!!

Cloda, I did not mean to imply you were doing that BTW lol. I agree with your statement on skill. I think of myself as a decent player but am nowhere near the caliber of many others. I basically edited that from a post elsewhere to be more applicable to the discussion at hand And I wanted Zen to hear that they have the best digital pinball experience going at this point LOL.
    Last edited by steven120566; 06-23-2015 at 03:29 PM.

Cassie's Save is total luck.
    http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ The City Is My Church

Quote Originally Posted by lasvegaspinballhalloffame View Post
    Cassie's Save is total luck.
    My least favourite feature of an awesome table, I wouldn't say it's totally down to luck though.
    I can now normally get a fast rhythm and am successful more times than I fail.

I hit the flippers alternately as fast as I can and save the ball about 4 out of 5 attempts now. Not mashing both together mind you, left right left right fast as possible
    Zen Pinball 2 n00b Favourite tables: South Park Super Sweet, Return of the Jedi, Darth Vader, Han Solo, Tesla, Wild West, Butters.

My guess is those are not ps4 or Xbox 1 scores. The physics can't be as accurate on the mobile so it averages thus making scoring easier than playing a better machine like ps4 with higher accuracy.

I have yet to hit 150 million a machine, but getting close