Thread: Pinball FX2 Crashing

Default Pinball FX2 Crashing

HELP !!!... xbox one Fx2 has been crashing and freezing for 2 weeks now, its broken not working. Xbox support tryed everything and nothing worked. The word is going around that a bad update has caused the breakdown of Fx2 on xbox one

Angry Mine is also freezing and not working anymore

I have 2 X1s and both are having the same issue. I have completely uninstalled and re-installed. I have also tried running it from both the internal HD and external HD.

Please Help!

Quote Originally Posted by kylester View Post
    HELP !!!... xbox one Fx2 has been crashing and freezing for 2 weeks now, its broken not working. Xbox support tryed everything and nothing worked. The word is going around that a bad update has caused the breakdown of Fx2 on xbox one
    Quote Originally Posted by scottfairfax42245 View Post
    I have 2 X1s and both are having the same issue. I have completely uninstalled and re-installed. I have also tried running it from both the internal HD and external HD.

Please Help!
    We are aware of the issue and working on it. Thanks for the reports.

Quote Originally Posted by scottfairfax42245 View Post

Please Help!
    Okay - the team has some questions for anyone experiencing this issue:

Have you recently installed a system update? Let me know your OS version, here is how to find it: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...erating-system
    Was there a purchase/import a certain table of which the game stopped working?
    What tables do you have?

Default FX2 XBOX ONE NOT WORKING... OS VERSION info

I am the one who,s Fx2 on xbox one is not working... and you asked for my OS Version... 6.2.12998.0 (xb_rel_1506.150601-2200) fre THATS MY OS VERSION. My xbox tag name is AudaciousDuck24

Default Crashing

Mine crashes at various points from the title screen up to selecting tables to play. I have a number of tables installed. I did a transfer to another Xbox one and the same fault occurs. Hopefully, this will get a fix soon.

I am the one who,s Fx2 on xbox one is not working... and you asked for my OS Version... 6.2.12998.0 (xb_rel_1506.150601-2200) fre THATS MY OS VERSION. My xbox tag name is AudaciousDuck24
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by dj0812 View Post
    Mine crashes at various points from the title screen up to selecting tables to play. I have a number of tables installed. I did a transfer to another Xbox one and the same fault occurs. Hopefully, this will get a fix soon.
    Thanks for the report - what OS version are you running?

Default further details

Quote Originally Posted by BarbieBobomb View Post
    Thanks!

Thanks for the report - what OS version are you running?
    The version of the OS is 6.2.12998.0 (xb_rel_1506.150601-2200) fre

Crashes on intro title screen, or 20 seconds after list of available tables shown on screen.

The version of the OS is 6.2.12998.0 (xb_rel_1506.150601-2200) fre

Crashes on intro title screen, or 20 seconds after list of available tables shown on screen.
    Thanks!

Default Star trek

BarbieBobomb of ZEN STUDIOS,,, what future possibility is there of giving us a STAR TREK, BATMAN and Lord of the Rings tables ? Or even a Area 51 table, The X-Files table and a Terminator table ?

Default Crashed again

Fx2 on xbox one just crashed on me again...... tho earlier it was working, one minute its working, then the next minute its not

BarbieBobomb of ZEN STUDIOS,,, what future possibility is there of giving us a STAR TREK, BATMAN and Lord of the Rings tables ? Or even a Area 51 table, The X-Files table and a Terminator table ?
    We have no plans to work with DC, so no Batman plans at the moment. Thanks for the suggestions though!

Default Fx2 not working

I just cant believe my Fx2 xbox one has again just Crashed on me... why has it not been fixed yet, what is happening ? I have spent good money on about 26 tables that im not able to play. Cant you make them availabe for free download on xbox 360 temporerley to those who can not play the tables they bought on there xbox one please ?

Default Working yesterday but not today....

Fx2 on the Xbox one seemed to be fine yesterday after a number of days crashing. Loaded the game today, and back to normal of crashing on the title screen or after around 20 seconds on the table select screen. Is there any update of what's going on? There must be loads of us out there with this problem!

I just cant believe my Fx2 xbox one has again just Crashed on me... why has it not been fixed yet, what is happening ? I have spent good money on about 26 tables that im not able to play. Cant you make them availabe for free download on xbox 360 temporerley to those who can not play the tables they bought on there xbox one please ?
    Fx2 on the Xbox one seemed to be fine yesterday after a number of days crashing. Loaded the game today, and back to normal of crashing on the title screen or after around 20 seconds on the table select screen. Is there any update of what's going on? There must be loads of us out there with this problem!
    The most recent system update is causing the issue, we're trying to figure out exactly what is happening and how to fix it. There is no need to report this issue daily, we are working on it.

Hey everyone - we may have figured this out, but we're still testing. Hoping to have this fixed with the next patch. I'll let you know when to expect it as soon as we can confirm that it will be fixed.

Default do tell.......

What was causing the problem ?... also can you also put the football games pinball that are on X 360 onto X1 also please ?

Default Something to do with TV settings

I came here looking for a solution to this problem. My Xbox One was freezing every time I load the game. Usually in the opening menus. Sometimes I would get as far as loading a table. The TV I'm using is a Sony Bravia. I recently realized that I started using it in one of the TV's "game modes". I switched out of game mode and now the game does not freeze up at all. It must have something to do with the TV's refresh rate in the Game mode. The game obviously can't handle it. One more problem. Flippers seem a bit laggy...

Quote Originally Posted by m00nstone View Post
    I came here looking for a solution to this problem. My Xbox One was freezing every time I load the game. Usually in the opening menus. Sometimes I would get as far as loading a table. The TV I'm using is a Sony Bravia. I recently realized that I started using it in one of the TV's "game modes". I switched out of game mode and now the game does not freeze up at all. It must have something to do with the TV's refresh rate in the Game mode. The game obviously can't handle it. One more problem. Flippers seem a bit laggy...
    Check and see if there is a Computer Mode setting. The Game Mode is more designed for old standard definition consoles.

I have a Vizio and went through the same thing. I found out that switching to Computer Mode (for picture mode) and turning off the advanced options improved the flipper response time greatly.

Default picture, application and then select football mode on.... it works

Its true, ,,, its something to do with the television... when i start up fx2 normal way... it crashes and freezes. But when on my samsung tv i select Picture, application, football mode on..... it works. After i have got fx2 started and running fine, i then turn football mode off to get my picture and sound back how i like to have it..... tho i never had to ever do this before... strange, very odd ????

Default zen,,, what have you done to FX2 NOW ?????

What have you done to the Fx2 this time ???? ... i cant get it to work even by changeing the settings on my Tv anymore. Im sick to death of this now,,,, really pissed off with my Fx2 Crashing every time i start it... why have you not fixed the problem ??? Soon i will be asking for my money back just so i can download the same games again to my xbox 360 that are not working on my xbox one !!!!

What have you done to the Fx2 this time ???? ... i cant get it to work even by changeing the settings on my Tv anymore. Im sick to death of this now,,,, really pissed off with my Fx2 Crashing every time i start it... why have you not fixed the problem ??? Soon i will be asking for my money back just so i can download the same games again to my xbox 360 that are not working on my xbox one !!!!
    We haven't updated the game yet, we are still working on a patch to fix the crashing issues. If you need a refund, you'll need to talk to Xbox support.

Default Any updates

This thread seems to have gone quiet over the past couple of weeks. Is there any updates for everyone who s waiting for a software fix. Would be good to have an eta on the patch. It has been going on for sometime now.

This thread seems to have gone quiet over the past couple of weeks. Is there any updates for everyone who s waiting for a software fix. Would be good to have an eta on the patch. It has been going on for sometime now.
    The plan is to patch it with the Ant-Man release next week, so if you still have the issue after that point, please let me know.

The plan is to patch it with the Ant-Man release next week, so if you still have the issue after that point, please let me know.
    Considering I haven't played Pinball FX 2 for months now due to constant freezes and high score problems that were never fixed, I eagerly await this update. Would be nice to be able to play my favourite game again.

Default Temporary solution

Hello everyone! I'm also experiencing this issue on Xbox One.. I don't know if it was mentioned before, but it is possible to play the game without crashes if you play it OFFLINE (turn xbox offline before entering the game). At least for me it is working... Hope this helps you guys until this issue is fixed!

Come on Zen studios, any update on this,what do you believe the problem to be, any feedback would be appreciated.

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting saved games, going offline, all to no avail,

Looking forwards to you getting this fixed, as I have been an avid fan since the original release on xbox

Quote Originally Posted by Corinthianuk View Post
    Come on Zen studios, any update on this,what do you believe the problem to be, any feedback would be appreciated.

I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, deleting saved games, going offline, all to no avail,

Looking forwards to you getting this fixed, as I have been an avid fan since the original release on xbox
    As I said above, this will be patched with the Ant-Man release tomorrow. If you still have trouble after that, please let me know.

As I said above, this will be patched with the Ant-Man release tomorrow. If you still have trouble after that, please let me know.
    Of course the patch will be available also for whom not buying the new table, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Icedry View Post
    Of course the patch will be available also for whom not buying the new table, right?
    Yes, it's just a patch. You don't have to buy anything.

Default Everything seems good

Finally, everything seems to running fine after the update. But, some of the sounds on the menu seem to be subdued or no longer there. For example, the "swooshing" noise as you move between table types on the main menu.

This obviously, is not important, but just wondered if this was a modification or a "side effect" of the patch.

Anyway, thanks for the update, and I can get back to a game of pinball!

yea i had the game hard lock/freeze a couple of times.

Haven't noticed it since i bought ant man.

I´m so sad right now. Installed all tables new, cleared cache, cleared all data, downloaded patch and started Pinball FX 2 with highest hopes.
    Beat a friends´s score on "Venom" , entering the results screen *squuuueeeeaaaak* crash to dashboard, start again, beat a friends´ score on "Wild wild west" entering the results screen *squuueeaeeaaaakk* crash to dashboard.

I use the latest official version of the Xbox One OS and have 34 friends in the leaderboards.

I LOVE pinball FX 2, but that is very annoying.

Is there any new solution or workaround for my problem? More friends in leaderboards? Less friends in leaderboards?

I´m thankful for every bit of help.
    Last edited by Ikamus; 07-21-2015 at 08:00 AM.

Geez it's still doing that glitchy squealing before it crashes to the UI menu?! I stopped playing PBFX2 on Xbox One because of that. So are you saying the patch didn't work? If so, I'm a sad puppy indeed. I miss playing on the Xbox.

It's time for me to turn it on and see for myself. I'll let Barbie know if I run into problems.
    PSN ID- Rafie27
    Gamertag- RAFIE82
    YouTube- Rafie Crocheron
    Nintendo ID- Rafie82

Tables Wishlist- Hanna-Barbera 4 pack, Holiday table, DC tables, or any Zen table...even if it's My Little Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Ikamus View Post
    I´m so sad right now. Installed all tables new, cleared cache, cleared all data, downloaded patch and started Pinball FX 2 with highest hopes.
    Beat a friends´s score on "Venom" , entering the results screen *squuuueeeeaaaak* crash to dashboard, start again, beat a friends´ score on "Wild wild west" entering the results screen *squuueeaeeaaaakk* crash to dashboard.

I use the latest official version of the Xbox One OS and have 34 friends in the leaderboards.

I LOVE pinball FX 2, but that is very annoying.

Is there any new solution or workaround for my problem? More friends in leaderboards? Less friends in leaderboards?

I´m thankful for every bit of help.
    Ohh noooo Try the suggestions here and let me know what works, if any: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...reeze-solution

So, here is my result.

I deleted and recovered my profile. This was the last thing I haven´t done before.

Started playing, climbed the leaderboard in "V12" without problems, climbed the leaderboard in "earth defense" without problems. I was happy and shut down the Xbox.

After while I decided to play again, climbed the leaderboard in "blade" and *squeeeeeaaaak*....hello dashboard.

I´m starting to think I have to deal with it.

It´s not unplayable and any progress is saved correctly but it still annoying.
    Last edited by Ikamus; 07-22-2015 at 07:40 AM.

So, here is my result.

I deleted and recovered my profile. This was the last thing I haven´t done before.

Started playing, climbed the leaderboard in "V12" without problems, climbed the leaderboard in "earth defense" without problems. I was happy and shut down the Xbox.

After while I decided to play again, climbed the leaderboard in "blade" and *squeeeeeaaaak*....hello dashboard.

I´m starting to think I have to deal with it.

It´s not unplayable and any progress is saved correctly but it still annoying.
    Does it still do it if you try playing offline? You said you installed new tables, was this because you reinstalled the whole game or did you just purchase new tables?

Hi Barbie,

thanks for caring.

First I just installed "Ant-Man" and "Portal" after the patch was installed.

In a next try I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole package with all tables. Both options didn´t solve the problem.

Earlier today I played offline for 45 minutes without problems. Then I went online again, play "Paranormal", had a good run () and...you know the rest

Hi Barbie,

thanks for caring.

First I just installed "Ant-Man" and "Portal" after the patch was installed.

In a next try I uninstalled and reinstalled the whole package with all tables. Both options didn´t solve the problem.

Earlier today I played offline for 45 minutes without problems. Then I went online again, play "Paranormal", had a good run () and...you know the rest
    Thanks - I'll let the team know.

Anyone else having crashing issues since the last update?

I don't know that I've ever *not* had crashing issues. If I get a high score that causes me to move up the leaderboard, it crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by copeknight View Post
    I don't know that I've ever *not* had crashing issues. If I get a high score that causes me to move up the leaderboard, it crashes.
    Even since the most recent update?

Yes. In fact it happened again about 5 minutes ago.

Yes. In fact it happened again about 5 minutes ago.
    Can you please try these steps and let me know if you still have the issue? http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...reeze-solution

Tried all that. Still have the issue.

Unhappy Come on Zen, pull your finger out.

Ever since switching from 360 to xb1 Fx2 has continuously crashed when reaching a new high score, I am astonished that this has not yet been fixed. I love fx2 but the continuous restarting gets annoying. The xb1 version with lack of ball sounds, no multiplayer and continuous guaranteed crashes every session seems like a big step backwards rather than forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by BarterShoe580 View Post
    Ever since switching from 360 to xb1 Fx2 has continuously crashed when reaching a new high score, I am astonished that this has not yet been fixed. I love fx2 but the continuous restarting gets annoying. The xb1 version with lack of ball sounds, no multiplayer and continuous guaranteed crashes every session seems like a big step backwards rather than forwards.
    Have you tried the suggestions in the link above? I know they don't work for everyone but several players have been able to eliminate crashes with some of these steps. Let me know if it doesn't help

Tried all that. Still have the issue.
    Thanks! Will let the team know!

Have you tried the suggestions in the link above? I know they don't work for everyone but several players have been able to eliminate crashes with some of these steps. Let me know if it doesn't help
    Tried all the suggestions several times, learned to live with it for now hoping it will be fixed one day. I don't know of anyone who has reported any of the suggested fixes actually working, I am surprised if it works for some and not for others.

Tried all the suggestions several times, learned to live with it for now hoping it will be fixed one day. I don't know of anyone who has reported any of the suggested fixes actually working, I am surprised if it works for some and not for others.
    I had a couple people on facebook and twitter say that the suggestions fixed it, but it's definitely weird that it's been hit or miss.

Writer of Guides ShoryukenToTheChin's Avatar

I was experiencing this myself yesterday. Quite annoying, PFX2 still having teething problems. But I trust it will be fixed sooner rather than later.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88
    *Send a msg with any Friend Request!*

Quote Originally Posted by ShoryukenToTheChin View Post
    I was experiencing this myself yesterday. Quite annoying, PFX2 still having teething problems. But I trust it will be fixed sooner rather than later.
    Still having crashes? At what point?

Oh basically whenever I beat my previous highscore on any given Table, also for some reason PFX2 doesn't show up on the Achievements App at all... like I've never played it at all.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Oh basically whenever I beat my previous highscore on any given Table, also for some reason PFX2 doesn't show up on the Achievements App at all... like I've never played it at all.
    Thanks for the report, and like I said, we're working with MS on the achievements issue. I don't have an ETA for a fix as of yet.

Anyone who is still having crashing problems: what version of the Xbox One dash are you using? Are you in the preview program or using the public version?

Thanks for the report, and like I said, we're working with MS on the achievements issue. I don't have an ETA for a fix as of yet.

Anyone who is still having crashing problems: what version of the Xbox One dash are you using? Are you in the preview program or using the public version?
    Yeh of course, I know you guys are on it. FYI I'm not in that preview program.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Hi there,
    I´m using the public version. I´m not in the preview program.

Yeh of course, I know you guys are on it. FYI I'm not in that preview program.
    Hi there,
    I´m using the public version. I´m not in the preview program.
    Thank you both! I will let the team know.

Thank you both! I will let the team know.
    Thanks for all you help

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

I am in the preview program, and as soon as the New Xbox Experience or whatever they're calling it rolled out to me several weeks ago, Pinball FX 2 quit working. It crashes on the table select screen.

I am in the preview program, and as soon as the New Xbox Experience or whatever they're calling it rolled out to me several weeks ago, Pinball FX 2 quit working. It crashes on the table select screen.
    The team (and MS) is investigating this one. Thanks for the report

Howdy all! This is my first post on the Zen forums, but it was the best way to get as much information as I could to the devs for Pinball FX2 on Xbox One. I, like some of you, have been experiencing crashes when trying to play Pinball FX2 on my Xbox One. This issue persists for me, but maybe some of what I have tried will work for you.

I have tried loading Pinball FX2 on both my home Xbox One and the two available at my office, many of you won't have office consoles available, so I think that this clarifies that, at least in some instances, the console's dash version or preview program participation does not seem to be the cause. While my home console is on the latest revision of the New Xbox One Experience dashboard, the consoles at the office are not. One is on the preview program (not the NXBOE version) and the other is on whatever generally available dashboard version is live.

All consoles experience the same crash when the table select screen appears if my account is signed in. The console becomes unresponsive and there is a quick cycle sound loop. After 10 to 15 seconds, Pinball FX2 crashes back to the dash. However, if my wife, or a co-worker, is signed in they are able to play without much issue, though loading tables into the table selection screen can take upwards of 5 minutes. As soon as I try to sign in with my account the game crashes as previously described.

Here is what I have tried:
    • Deleting the local save/cache for my games - No effect
    • Pinball FX2 was located on the Xbox One's internal drive, I deleted it and reinstalled it to a 1tb USB drive - No effect
    • I deleted all tables and the game and reinstalled the game only - No effect
    • Removed my profile from the console and reintalled it (I don't know the right term) - No effect
    • Removed all profiles from the console and reinstalled - No effect
    • Factory reset the console (at the office ) , added profile and reinstalled game (no extra tables) - No effect
    • Reinstalled game and then disconnected the Xbox One from the internet - No effect

This crash only happens when my Xbox One gamertag is signed in, and it happens regardless of what console I try to play on. It seems, at least in my specific instance, to be an issue with my Pinball FX2 account in regards to accessing/loading my specific profile information.

I realize the amount of work that goes into putting Pinball FX2 and all of the tables on basically every console (with multiple OS versions), PC and mobile device, so I'm not mad or anything. I'm just trying to help get you guys as much information as possible. Maybe it will help?

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftySamurai View Post
    Howdy all! This is my first post on the Zen forums, but it was the best way to get as much information as I could to the devs for Pinball FX2 on Xbox One. I, like some of you, have been experiencing crashes when trying to play Pinball FX2 on my Xbox One. This issue persists for me, but maybe some of what I have tried will work for you.

I have tried loading Pinball FX2 on both my home Xbox One and the two available at my office, many of you won't have office consoles available, so I think that this clarifies that, at least in some instances, the console's dash version or preview program participation does not seem to be the cause. While my home console is on the latest revision of the New Xbox One Experience dashboard, the consoles at the office are not. One is on the preview program (not the NXBOE version) and the other is on whatever generally available dashboard version is live.

All consoles experience the same crash when the table select screen appears if my account is signed in. The console becomes unresponsive and there is a quick cycle sound loop. After 10 to 15 seconds, Pinball FX2 crashes back to the dash. However, if my wife, or a co-worker, is signed in they are able to play without much issue, though loading tables into the table selection screen can take upwards of 5 minutes. As soon as I try to sign in with my account the game crashes as previously described.

• Pinball FX2 was located on the Xbox One's internal drive, I deleted it and reinstalled it to a 1tb USB drive - No effect
    • Removed my profile from the console and reintalled it (I don't know the right term) - No effect
    • Factory reset the console (at the office ) , added profile and reinstalled game (no extra tables) - No effect
    • Reinstalled game and then disconnected the Xbox One from the internet - No effect

This crash only happens when my Xbox One gamertag is signed in, and it happens regardless of what console I try to play on. It seems, at least in my specific instance, to be an issue with my Pinball FX2 account in regards to accessing/loading my specific profile information.

I realize the amount of work that goes into putting Pinball FX2 and all of the tables on basically every console (with multiple OS versions), PC and mobile device, so I'm not mad or anything. I'm just trying to help get you guys as much information as possible. Maybe it will help?

Thanks for all the details! Will let you know if the team has any questions for you

Yeh someone times I get crazy slowdowns when I'm playing that it freezes for a second then starts up again. I know it isn't my TV etc. because its not lag as when the game resumes its exactly were it froze.

- Official Table Guides
    - Pinball Help Videos

Xbox Live = SrkToTheChin
    PSN = SPIDER-STEVE88

Hi Barbie,

after new tables came out (Balls of Glory), my desire to play Pinball FX 2 without crashing grews stronger and stronger.

And a new idea came to my mind. It seems my problems are connected with my profile.

Is there any possibility to remove my profile from the ZEN servers?

Even if I remove all my data from my Box and from the cloud, my scores maintain in the leaderboards when I restart Pinball FX 2.

Maybe a complete "refresh" of my profile solves the problem.

Thanks for all your effort

Default Pinball FX2 Crashing

Quote Originally Posted by ShiftySamurai View Post

I am experiencing this exact issue with my Xbox One and Pinball FX2. I had just finished downloading the Balls of Glory pack and my wife switched to her profile to play and it crashed (with buzzing noise) to the desktop on the table select screen. ShiftySamuaris video is exactly what I'm seeing. My profile works without issue but her's crashes every time. We tested it on our Xbox360 and all profiles work without issue.

I am running Xbox preview version: th2_xbox_rel_1510.10567.1015

Thanks!

-mbh1978

Hi Barbie,

after new tables came out (Balls of Glory), my desire to play Pinball FX 2 without crashing grews stronger and stronger.

And a new idea came to my mind. It seems my problems are connected with my profile.

Is there any possibility to remove my profile from the ZEN servers?

Even if I remove all my data from my Box and from the cloud, my scores maintain in the leaderboards when I restart Pinball FX 2.

Maybe a complete "refresh" of my profile solves the problem.

Thanks for all your effort
    I'm not sure if it's possible but I can definitely check

Default Still crashing after all this time !

Just downloaded the new games and got a swift reminder why I don't play as much as I used to. Still has the buzz crash issue every time I beat my own score, nightmare playing new games as obviously score increases at almost every game. I am astonished that the bug has not been fixed yet tables are still been released. Is it likely that this crashing issue will ever be resolved ?

Just downloaded the new games and got a swift reminder why I don't play as much as I used to. Still has the buzz crash issue every time I beat my own score, nightmare playing new games as obviously score increases at almost every game. I am astonished that the bug has not been fixed yet tables are still been released. Is it likely that this crashing issue will ever be resolved ?
    Are you in the preview program or using the normal Xbox One dash now?

Are you in the preview program or using the normal Xbox One dash now?
    Normal xb one dash

Normal xb one dash
    Thanks! Can you also tell me the OS version when you get a chance?

To find it:
    Press the Xbox button to return to Home.
    Press the Menu button and select Settings (or select Settings on the Home screen).
    Select System.
    Select Console info.
    Your OS version is the third row down.

Thanks! Can you also tell me the OS version when you get a chance?

To find it:
    Press the Xbox button to return to Home.
    Press the Menu button and select Settings (or select Settings on the Home screen).
    Select System.
    Select Console info.
    Your OS version is the third row down.

Thanks! Will let the team know.

Hi,

i want to give you a short update of my newest experiences.

I updated my One with the official release version of the NXOE and was wondering if this update could change my Pinball FX 2 situation.

So I started gaming and eventually beat some friends on "Tesla". The numbers counting in the results screen, my heart was pumping and finally *beeeeeeeeep*, hello (new) dashboard. All hope was lost.

Is there there any chance, that this bug is ever be solved? Or is there any news if its possible to delete my highscores from the ZEN servers to see if that changes something?

Please let my pinball dreams come true with a working results screen.

Greets
    Ikamus

Hi,

i want to give you a short update of my newest experiences.

I updated my One with the official release version of the NXOE and was wondering if this update could change my Pinball FX 2 situation.

So I started gaming and eventually beat some friends on "Tesla". The numbers counting in the results screen, my heart was pumping and finally *beeeeeeeeep*, hello (new) dashboard. All hope was lost.

Is there there any chance, that this bug is ever be solved? Or is there any news if its possible to delete my highscores from the ZEN servers to see if that changes something?

Please let my pinball dreams come true with a working results screen.

Greets
    Ikamus
    Have you tried reinstalling since the release of the new dash?

Default Any Resolve

I've been having crashing issues at the results screen for well over a year now. I've tried completely removing all Pinball FX 2 files and reinstalling multiple times including as recently as a few weeks ago. I've gone through these forums and read multiple threads about people with this issue but so far no one seams to have an answer.

I've seen lots of suggestions about deleting everything and reinstalling even though several people have done it and replied that it doesn't fix the issue. I know Zen Studios is, or at least should be, as frustrated as we are by this. I want to buy new tables but I don't want to do it until the crashing issue is resolved. Pinball is about getting high scores and challenging your friends and in its current state this isn't possible.

Several times I have read that it seams to affect people with Super Score increases and lots of Pinball FX friends. I can verify if needed but at one point I had about had around 40 friends that played.

TLDR: Any new suggestions on a fix or incoming patch?

Quote Originally Posted by Wilda View Post
    I've been having crashing issues at the results screen for well over a year now. I've tried completely removing all Pinball FX 2 files and reinstalling multiple times including as recently as a few weeks ago. I've gone through these forums and read multiple threads about people with this issue but so far no one seams to have an answer.

I've seen lots of suggestions about deleting everything and reinstalling even though several people have done it and replied that it doesn't fix the issue. I know Zen Studios is, or at least should be, as frustrated as we are by this. I want to buy new tables but I don't want to do it until the crashing issue is resolved. Pinball is about getting high scores and challenging your friends and in its current state this isn't possible.

Several times I have read that it seams to affect people with Super Score increases and lots of Pinball FX friends. I can verify if needed but at one point I had about had around 40 friends that played.

TLDR: Any new suggestions on a fix or incoming patch?
    Sorry, I don't have any news on this at the moment, but definitely try the steps here if you haven't yet: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...reeze-solution

It's me again!

I've tried to solve my problem by reducing my friends in the list.
    Tried a few more rounds with my once favourite pinball game and I suspect that things are getting worse. Played two rounds Return of the Jedi with crashes (of course) and then things became strange.

In contrast to the past my new scores are not visible in the local scores and in the leaderboards. When I played a new round of RotJ, I noticed, my new score was "secretly" updated because I got a notice that I beat my "new" score.

The new tables look gorgeous but I'm out once more till a solution is in sight. I'd love to get my friends back so feel free to revive our xbox friendship because reducing does not change anything. Ana new friends are welcome too.

Greets
    Ikamus

It's me again!

I've tried to solve my problem by reducing my friends in the list.
    Tried a few more rounds with my once favourite pinball game and I suspect that things are getting worse. Played two rounds Return of the Jedi with crashes (of course) and then things became strange.

In contrast to the past my new scores are not visible in the local scores and in the leaderboards. When I played a new round of RotJ, I noticed, my new score was "secretly" updated because I got a notice that I beat my "new" score.

The new tables look gorgeous but I'm out once more till a solution is in sight. I'd love to get my friends back so feel free to revive our xbox friendship because reducing does not change anything. Ana new friends are welcome too.

Greets
    Ikamus
    Go ahead and re-add any friends you may have deleted since that didn't help. Can you post your Xbox OS version as well? Also, does it still beep before crashing or just close out?

My OS version is 10.0.10586.1026.

"The beep" is still my companion. Nevertheless the actual playing of the tables is still a lot of fun

But the beeping is still very annoying. Is this a common problem or am I one of few with this problem?

Thanks for caring
    Ikamus

My OS version is 10.0.10586.1026.

"The beep" is still my companion. Nevertheless the actual playing of the tables is still a lot of fun

But the beeping is still very annoying. Is this a common problem or am I one of few with this problem?

Thanks for caring
    Ikamus
    Since the last OS update, I haven't had any other reports of this still happening. I'm not saying it's not happening, it's just not being reported if it is.

Sorry, I don't have any news on this at the moment, but definitely try the steps here if you haven't yet: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...reeze-solution
    Thanks but that didn't help.

Decided to try the game again after the Xbox preview update and played two rounds of South Park, one on each table. Played the main table and got a bad score that didn't increase my Super Score and then played the Butters table, increased my Super Score and the game crashed with the usual annoying sound corruption kicking me to the Xbox dashboard. Really hoping a fix comes soon as I would like to buy all the new tables and play them but it's just silly if it crashes every time I raise my Super Score.

Default Same problem

Since the last OS update, I haven't had any other reports of this still happening. I'm not saying it's not happening, it's just not being reported if it is.
    Still the new update, I can't play pinball fx 2, takes 3 minutes in the intro screen to even see "press A to continue" then when pressing A it freezes
    Hellllllppppppp

Quote Originally Posted by Wilda View Post
    Thanks but that didn't help.

Decided to try the game again after the Xbox preview update and played two rounds of South Park, one on each table. Played the main table and got a bad score that didn't increase my Super Score and then played the Butters table, increased my Super Score and the game crashed with the usual annoying sound corruption kicking me to the Xbox dashboard. Really hoping a fix comes soon as I would like to buy all the new tables and play them but it's just silly if it crashes every time I raise my Super Score.
    I think that's what happens with me; whenever I have a good score that raises my super score it crashes after tabulating the results. I'm really in a pinball mood and would love to play; where can I check when a patch has been applied? Are other people reporting this issue?

Any word on if the cause of these crashes have been determined? Do we have a fix incoming? I'd love to play the Alien tables again soon.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PainkillerJTL View Post
    Any word on if the cause of these crashes have been determined? Do we have a fix incoming? I'd love to play the Alien tables again soon.

Thanks.
    No news on this yet - sorry. I've asked the team what the plan is, I will let you know as soon as I hear back.

No news on this yet - sorry. I've asked the team what the plan is, I will let you know as soon as I hear back.
    It at least keeps the score I had when I re-load the game; I think it only crashes the 1st few times you play a particular table and after that it's fine.

Unhappy Crashing when trying to save high score

Along the same lines, I hope posting here helps others. I downloaded Aliens game pack today, now every time I try to save a high score I am met with a droning tone and crash to the xbox one home screen. When i reload the game the new score is not saved. It has done it on the three Alien tables and even my one of my old Sen studios tables. Any idea on the cause??

Quote Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
    Along the same lines, I hope posting here helps others. I downloaded Aliens game pack today, now every time I try to save a high score I am met with a droning tone and crash to the xbox one home screen. When i reload the game the new score is not saved. It has done it on the three Alien tables and even my one of my old Sen studios tables. Any idea on the cause??
    Let's see if we can find where the problem lies. I'm having a feeling it's an issue/bug related to the leaders boards and the territory you live in.

Can you try playing the game while having the Xbox One in offline mode?

Like many people on here, everytime i get a highscore and the leaderboard is updating...game freezes with a weird noise and kicked back to dashboard.

this is an old thread and obviously problem still hasnt been fixed in all this time?!?!?!

im not in the preview program and only crashes when online and from the UK.

Although the game is still playable, its not fun knowing everytime i get a highscore its going to quit the game and it is stopping me from buying any more tables unless it gets fixed...which is a shame because its totally amazing!!

Quote Originally Posted by leemanchester05 View Post
    Like many people on here, everytime i get a highscore and the leaderboard is updating...game freezes with a weird noise and kicked back to dashboard.

this is an old thread and obviously problem still hasnt been fixed in all this time?!?!?!

im not in the preview program and only crashes when online and from the UK.

Although the game is still playable, its not fun knowing everytime i get a highscore its going to quit the game and it is stopping me from buying any more tables unless it gets fixed...which is a shame because its totally amazing!!
    We haven't been able to reproduce the issue on our side. Does it help if you play offline?

Its fine when offline but online every single time i get an highscore it crashes...at least it saves my score but far from ideal having to load the game again.

It's known and they're working on it; see the bug sticky thread. Me, it happens occasionally at the Microsoft Studios logo. Just starting again works for me, but others are experiencing CTDs pretty much every time. There seems to be some relation for the constant crashes and having very large numbers of friends with FX2 (as in ~100 or more). Going into offline mode can be a workaround. They're definitely working on it at high priority, but no ETA on a patch yet.

https://forum.zenstudios.com/showthr...core-breakdown

Over 2 years ago I posted this crash in detail, I shelved Fx2 as it started infecting many tables and I come back this month to the same issues. The crash that I described in a lot of detail in this thread is still happening whenever I beat a score, and now effects Earth Defense, AVP, Aliens, and God knows what else. I probably should have checked to see if the game was playable for me before buying some new tables.

Yep, more testing done today and every table crashes at results screen, whenever I beat my highest score. I'm normal xbox One dash 10.0.15063.1005